CAG Niche Backloggers Anonymous (Monster Hunter World!) [February]

Thought we were doing like a Horror theme or VN theme this month. Can't remember what we said exactly last month.
Oh yeah, I think we did want another themed month, and it fell between Horror or VN. I'm fine with either, since I got games I wanted to play for both.

Since there's so many new releases for October, it seems most of us already have something in mind for what we want to play next. Why don't we list out our choices and maybe pick a common theme among them.

For me, it'll be Cyberdimension Neptunia, Senran Kagura PBS, Danganronpa (VN), and RE7 (Horror).

Maybe horror would be good, since it will be October.

What are some great Japanese horror games? I can think of Evil Within and RE 7, but I can't think of anything else recent

What are some great Japanese horror games? I can think of Evil Within and RE 7, but I can't think of anything else recent
Well, does White Day count? It comes out in 2 days, but it's Korean.

Edit:

Finishing Ever Oasis (beat 'em up RPG, switched back from Yakuza Kiwami)

Dangaronpa V3 (VN)

Etrian Odyssey V (Dungeon crawler, switching to this no matter what I'm doing)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, I forgot October was Halloween month, Horror genre would be perfect!

I would also consider Danganronpa to be horror. Corpse Party and Yomawari also. Maybe Shadows of the Damned, Lolipop Chainsaw, and Let it Die. Not sure if Dead Rising and Lost Planet 3 are Capcom Japan or not.

Maybe Bloodborne/souls too. Maybe Psycho Pass as a horror VN, I would also say Persona 5 had some pretty horror-like themes.

A horror theme sounds great. I have plenty to play for that one. :)

:ps4:  :ps3: Resident Evil: Revelations

:vita: Resident Evil: Revelations 2 

:ps4:  :vita: Iwaihime Matsuri (Horror VN)

I have a lot of horror games in my backlog. The three I narrowed it down to were Corpse Party, Fatal Frame, and Until Dawn; with Corpse Party getting the pick. The first two Corpse Party games have been in my backlog for nearly three years, and were the first digital games I bought for my Playstation TV. I also have the third game.

Fatal Frame was a near-pick because I've heard those games are very scary. I wasn't that into Until Dawn when I played it for a few hours, but I want to give it another try because I'd like to beat it before I play Rush of Blood. After I finish Corpse Party I'll probably move on to one of them.

I won't be playing any horror games in October. I typically avoid the genre as I'm not big on it.

Ended up canceling my pre-order on Ys VIII for the PC last night since NISA hasn't really updated any progress in two weeks since the release cancellation 24 hours prior to the games release. I've already beat the game on PS4 and if they can't bother to show any effort towards their customers on it, then fuck'em. I may buy it down the road on PC during a nice hefty sale.

That caused me to check out future releases and noticed Mario Odyssey was October 27th. On a whim I searched for a Nintendo Switch just for the hell of it and saw it in stock online. Ended up impulse buying it since I cancelled Ys VIII and grabbed Breath of the Wild, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and plan to grab Golf Story digitally on it as well. So those will be my October games along with Mario Odyssey at the end probably. It's arriving Friday, so I'll either start that evening or over the weekend on these games.

Never got to borrow my friends Switch because he never 'beat' Breath of the Wild, yet he sits there and has me play Destiny 2 with him frequently in the evenings. Granted I probably could have if I bugged him about it more. Oh well.

Still waiting on a friend to co-op Divinity: Original Sin 2 as well. Maybe one day.

I won't be playing any horror games in October. I typically avoid the genre as I'm not big on it.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Well, I guess I will be playing Danganronpa 3, which has some horror elements, though I don't know if falls into what I tend to consider a horror game.

Along with that I'll be finishing Ys VIII, probably playing Cyberdimension Neptunia, and then moving on to Mario Odyssey once that comes out...do these even count as backlog games? XD

Still waiting on a friend to co-op Divinity: Original Sin 2 as well. Maybe one day.
Do you have to play the 1st one to understand the sequel? The reviews for it are insane, it's like the 3rd highest rated game this year outside of Zelda and Persona 5. So I'm super interested in playing it, but I probably need to play the Original One first.

I'll be playing Steins;Gate 0 so VN theme for me.
It sorta has some Horror elements in it. I'd say it counts. Some of the scenarios in the 1st one seemed really scary, and the atmosphere/music often reminded me of a sci-fi horror show.

But I think the majority wins in this case, and I'll make Oct a Horror theme month since many seem invested in it.

Along with that I'll be finishing Ys VIII, probably playing Cyberdimension Neptunia, and then moving on to Mario Odyssey once that comes out...do these even count as backlog games? XD
Yeah, I asked myself that question too when we had Persona 5 on. But I figured if I didn't play these new releases soon, they'd fall into the backlog so I guess it counts. I mean, if I'm going to buy a game at launch, I might as well play it and get the full value I payed for it.

Do you have to play the 1st one to understand the sequel? The reviews for it are insane, it's like the 3rd highest rated game this year outside of Zelda and Persona 5. So I'm super interested in playing it, but I probably need to play the Original One first.
Negative. It's not a direct sequel. There are some references here and there, but they're largely not important to understand the game. I've put a few hours in to test the waters myself and have enjoyed it quite a bit, but I think I'll restart if I ever go back to it solo.

The first game is fun, but lacks in various places. The gameplay is where most people will find its strength, along with the freedom the game gives you. The second game actually gives you way more freedom to the point where you can be playing co-op with someone and cause them to get jailed or something else because of something you did.

Here's a video showcasing what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHqguB7ihE

The game has a decent dungeon master mode for those who like to do D&D multiplayer type stuff, so long as you don't mind the setup. Here's a really long video of Matt Mercer (Voice Actor) who was hosting a session with some people. Don't know if I'll ever get much use out of it personally, but it's pretty neat.

I did manage to finish  Senran Kagura Estival Versus, I'll work on the plat...slowly.

For this month, I'll try my hands at the nonary games for ps4, if I get through that, I still have lollipop chainsaw sitting unplayed....

but both Mario Oddysee and Fire emblem warriors come out end of this month, and this is the rare occasion I pre-ordered two games in a month, I'm usually more of a two games a year pre-order kind of guy...

I cleared the first chapter in Corpse Party. Everything was going smooth until near the finish. I kept getting the bad end. I then went a little further back to do something differently, and that fixed it.

I like the story. I was enjoying the gameplay, but I was a little put off when I saw you might be forced to make bad decisions. Though afterward when I saw the checklist in the options section I got the urge to collect get everything.

I'm bouncing between three games at the moment, but I'm making good progress on RE: Revelations 2. However, the game is making it quite difficult because of the Vita platform.  :???:

[customspoiler='Complaints']
In case anyone is considering it for the Vita ever..don't. The performance is horrid during intense sections where the framerate drops to sub 10-frames. This is really detrimental when starting the 'speedrun' mode for all episodes let alone 'invisible enemy' mode.

Also, the aiming isn't accurate of where your crosshair is aimed. You have to raise the crosshair higher than normal to hit where you want. 

Lastly, the graphics are pretty much sacrificed to PS2 levels to keep the game stable. On a positive note, the poor graphics makes the enemies a lot easier to spot in thick fog or total darkness areas.  :lol:
[/customspoiler]

Despite all that, I plan on fully completing it since I love the RE series. When I'm done, I'll start School Girl/Zombie Hunter before the NA version drops next month. :)

So I beat Breath of the Wild and I don't understand how people see it as Game of the Year material or the best Zelda to date. It has too many flaws and does things poorly for me to even remotely consider that. I still enjoyed it, but I found it a little underwhelming for a main Zelda title. More so after so many people sing the games praises like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Moved on to Golf Story & Mario + Rabbids. May play A Hat in Time for a change of pace though.

So I beat Breath of the Wild and I don't understand how people see it as Game of the Year material or the best Zelda to date. It has too many flaws and does things poorly for me to even remotely consider that. I still enjoyed it, but I found it a little underwhelming for a main Zelda title. More so after so many people sing the games praises like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I got a few questions since I never played Breath of the Wild, nor any Zelda, and probably wouldn't anytime soon.

So how does it compare to Persona 5? I know you said you don't see it as GotY material, but most I've seen are pitting these two back to back for this years top honor. If you had to pick one for the prize, which one would you give it to?

And also relating to P5, how do they compare to their predecessors? P5 I've seen a ton of praises saying it's the best Persona game to date. BotW I've seen similar sentiments, but you don't seem to think so. Do you think P5 or Zelda is the more improved game?

Also, how does it compare to Horizon Zero Dawn, which seems to be another runner up for the top prize?

Generally GOTY is just a popularity contest. I feel that things also need to be looked at mechanically as well as its cohesiveness of everything and not just how much you like something. The downside of franchise/series games however is that besides being compared to games of the same genre, they're also held to standards/shadow formed by its own series past. I can get around to answering this, but it will take a little time so don't expect it right away.

You really seem to also be naming some very specific other titles. I feel like you have a rather uncanny memory, but I don't recall talking a whole lot about Horizon outside of saying that I found it a very nice surprise on how it was a good game.

Moved on to Golf Story & Mario + Rabbids. May play A Hat in Time for a change of pace though.
I haven't beaten it yet, but I can see where the praise is coming from. I guess I might be a little bit different though, it's the first Zelda in a long time I've liked. I think the world is amazing. It felt like they put thought into every part of it.

I'm really having a hard time convincing myself to do another run of RE7, even if it's for horror month. Seems like I beat it not too long ago. Maybe I'll replay it with VR.

You really seem to also be naming some very specific other titles. I feel like you have a rather uncanny memory, but I don't recall talking a whole lot about Horizon outside of saying that I found it a very nice surprise on how it was a good game.
Yeah, you wrote a little impressions piece on the niche thread, you gave it a bit of praise but nothing too crazy. You said you liked it generally, but only things that ticked you off was how the mount was slow and kept steering onto the roads even when you wanted to go on the grass, and eventually switching to only fast travel for transportation. Also might've mentioned something about the graphics giving everything a red tinge.

So I named it since I hear people saying it's Sony's version of Zelda, and all 3 games (Horizon, Zelda, and P5) seem to be contenders for the GotY in most's eyes. I don't really agree with the public's GotY myself, like Overwatch got the award last year and I don't even think it should be in contention.

Like I mentioned before, Game of the Year is just essentially a popularity contest on how much they enjoyed the games of that year. So it ultimately doesn't matter what I say as I'll probably be in the minority for Zelda (and Persona) in this case. Horizon on the other hand was more of a surprise that didn't have any expectations going in like the other two either.

[customspoiler='Zelda: Breath of the Wild']
Breath of the Wild looks nice and is fairly fluid. The glide mechanic and climbing mechanic work well in the environment they crafted, but are hardly new or revolutionary despite hearing the occasional person saying they are. However the problem starts to arise when you add those things and don't fully build the world. Technically it's all there are it's decently well crafted, but there are a ton of areas that are left empty and void of anything outside of basic ground textures. This is something that happens far too frequently in open world games and it provides a big disconnect, booting you from any immersion I may have found myself in.

Next up as you've probably already guessed one of my gripes is the weapon/shield system. Nintendo changing the battle system here and there in every iteration is nothing new. However, I don't feel the battle system really got the polish that the series typically gets. You have a lot of weapons, but they all boil down to a couple types. The attacks you can perform with them are fairly shallow and a lot of combat is best to use 'perfect dodge' to get a flurry in. Doing this repeatedly with how they implemented that feels like it drags out the combat. This is probably my smallest issue because all Zelda games have issues with combat in some way or another.

Though the biggest issue I have with the combat is that they put in the awful durability system. Anywhere from like 5 to 20 attacks with any weapon causes it to break entirely. It doesn't matter if its wood, metal or the god damned master sword. When you're stuck managing you weapons, bows & shields all game it tends to wear on you over time. It's also a bad sign when you feel that Bombs with their terrible damage are a better choice half the time than actual weapons. I would much rather have had some smith crafted weapons that very slowly broke down but could be repaired and have far less durable weapons from Moblins and the like. As for the Master Sword, that shit should never break or wear down. Bows on the other hand could have their bow string snap, which you could replace as well. Shields are similar to weapons where Moblin trash breaks, crafted shields from metal have significant durability and the Mirror Shield would be indestructible. You've also got Guardian weapons and shields, but I think they would do well to have more of a 'battery' life to them where you would go and recharge them in exchange for Ancient Cores or something.

I'd even take it a step further than that and say that fighting enemies is a waste of time and resources unless absolutely necessary. If fighting enemies means you're going to lose at least one weapon or spend a lot of time trying to kill them via bombs or the environment, then why bother? It gives little incentive to actually fight enemies since they drop no rupees except for a few rare enemies and the weapons they drop usually aren't particularly great.

Food... ugh. Implemented in the worst possible way. You have no recipe book despite having a god damned tablet that records damn near everything else, but it can't store some recipes? Also cooking itself is an abomination. You have to go into your inventory, hit X to start holding items and then find them and then back out of the menu, finally throwing them into the nearby pot. If you want to make the same thing again? Repeat the process. What the fuck? Seriously, who the hell tested this and didn't think this was the dumbest fucking idea? As for potions, I think it would've been cooler to have a Witch element to it kind of like Link to the Past. You would find out recipes through her and be able to use monster parts to create some interesting potion types. You could do it manually without her too, but learning them through her would increase the effect, duration or lower required ingredients over not learning them. If you made it manually, she would "update" the recipe for you.

I also want to point out the voice acting. The voices themselves felt off in more than several occasions where I felt the voice director didn't do a particularly good job for how little of the game is voiced. There would be sudden changes in tone out of nowhere as if half of the line was one voice clip and the second half was a completely different voice clip. If it were most other dev/publishers, I'd just ignore it but I expect better from Nintendo. There were also several occasions where I didn't feel like the dialogue progression made any sense. It's like everybody just accepts Link, as a stranger, without questioning a god damned thing. The biggest offender of this were the Rito in my opinion as they seemed like a very proud race, which went against the flow of the dialogue.

Puzzles and dungeons is probably another topic that should be touched on. There are no real dungeons in the game, at all. You have four things that are remotely close, but they're just slightly bigger puzzles than shrines are. There's no dungeon feel to them at all. You start one, get a cutscene that says "HEY, GO GET THE MAP!" because they have to make sure to have you get it since its integral to completing the puzzle. So due to this it was actually quite disappointing because I've always enjoyed the dungeons in Zelda games and for them to remove them entirely was a big loss for me. I will say that the puzzles in this game are better than most other Zelda games, except for a few that weren't enjoyable as well as the god awful motion control ones.

I also don't mind shrines, but I think having as many as there are eventually makes you feel bored with them. Especially since the combat shrines are a repeat of the same thing, just having the enemy you face have more health and deal more damage. The tactics it uses is always the same and the change you need to make is virtually non-existent outside of the occasional different environment you fight it in where you might have to actually use your tablets abilities. Plus the chest rewards in shrines are often awful. You're telling me I just fought a guardian that drops 40-60 damage weapons only to open up a chest to something that gives me a pathetic 20 attack? Where is the incentive to do more shrines beyond the necessary for something optional that's somewhat tied to it.

Rupees are also given a backseat in this game as well. Unless you go farm mining nodes for gems or abuse mini-games, you don't really gain shit in the way of money in this game. I don't recall past games being that big of an issue like it was in this one. Especially since that one Great Fairy wants 10k and non-normal arrows cost a boat load as well. They just didn't do a good job managing natural progression for rupee gain and is probably the worst in the series to my knowledge.

Mounts were also very disappointing to me. Having played past Zelda games as well as games like Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption, I felt the horse riding in this was extremely annoying/poor. The horses themselves were stiff and having to tame any wild ones just amplified that feeling of horse riding not being enjoyable. Now I liked Sand Seals, they felt fine. I did not do any of the other unique mounts and won't spoil what they are, so those might be better. It just caused me to very rarely use my horse. Ended up walking, climbing and gliding all over the place because of how poorly horses felt for me. I'm not asking for horses to be able to turn on a dime either, just be a bit easier to control to make it feel more enjoyable from a gameplay perspective.

I have more complaints such as Korok Seeds, but I'll leave it at that. I see the game as a 7 out of 10 on the Zelda scale but as an Action-Adventure by itself it's an 8 out of 10 at best. To me it feels like it wasn't completely finished and rushed a bit towards the end to make sure that it launched with the Switch. I don't see it as something that received quite the care that Nintendo traditionally gives its main titles.[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Persona 5']
Persona 5 I could see it being an RPG GOTY, but I feel like it played it too safe. Ever since the series took off after Persona 3, I feel like they haven't really done much in terms of improvements with Persona 4 & 5 to really merit it being a great sequel. I'm not saying the game is bad, but it has become quite formulaic as a Persona game. I don't really need to say anything about the graphics/style or gameplay as they're fairly solid and I don't have any serious complaints about them except the lack of quality of life changes that would improve the pacing of non-boss battles. The issues I mostly have with it come in the form of the non-dungeon elements, story and character interaction.

The story itself isn't terrible, but people paint it as a sad and bleak story that's the darkest Persona story yet. Honestly, the way the story handled itself, I felt like they were playing it insanely safe and not properly touching their subject matter as strongly as they should to get their point across. This might be due to not increasing the rating in Japan, but it pussyfooted around. When you touch on subjects of sex offenders, greed, corruption and more, I feel it's best to be direct and show it more true to form for what it is and what actually happens. Instead we got a sugarcoated reality that's more carebear than it should be. Basically it feels like the story is through a child's naive mind instead of something a little more real. It can be debated for either viewpoint though, but I feel that say South Park does a much better job on tackling mature subjects without demeaning what they really are. Besides the tone, the story dragged out too much. About 3/4ths of the way through I was asking myself if it was going to wrap up soon. This isn't so much because of the story itself, but in part due to the long non-story segments in the game.

With the non-story segments, they should have made things a bit more real to life I feel. Some of it coming in quality of life improvements, while others with common sense. For example, during Summer Break, you should have one more time slot to work with and the game should be balanced around it. Possibly even on the weekend as well. Why do I do something in the morning only for it to end up being night and yet I gain the same bonuses during that time frame as when I do something at night? The same with being forced into bed when you get moved to your room. If I don't have anything to do, why can't you just advance the day forward instead of having me check everything to make sure nothing else is doable? It feels like a waste of time.

One thing I would have liked to see is also the implementation of some slight smartphone usage. The character clearly has one as you use it for basic texts but the only way I can check weather is through an old analog TV? Wat. Also there should have been a calendar integration into the game using your phone which would tell you when your plant needs to get watered, when the next market show comes on, etc. This would help immensely in planning and being able to quickly check trivial things that shouldn't require so much time and effort to check. This I think would have been a huge improvement towards the gameplay experience in non-dungeon segments.

As for the character interactions, I have a huge issue with this. The game universe revolves entirely too much around the main character. Nothing ever really happens unless the main character commands it. I understand that many people are fine with this, but it's a huge immersion breaker for me and something that needs to never be used in games. Going forward I feel like they need to design interactions to not require the main character for them to actually happen. This is something that could be hugely improved with just making more use of the existing smart phone. You could keep up-to-date on events that way as well as realize that the world actually exists beyond what you see on screen.

Both Atelier and Trails games do this fairly well with Trails doing it significantly better. Atelier, similar to Persona revolves around a time mechanic. If you don't do certain things within a certain time frame, you can't see that event anymore. Yes it sucks losing out on things like that, but in turn you gain more immersion into the world. More so if they still talk about what you missed, which is something Atelier games don't really do well. Trails on the other hand is a different beast. You've got NPCs galore that all have their own stories and arcs to them. You can visit and talk to them all and they'll all get updated dialogue after a story event. If you miss talking to them after a story event and go back to them several events later, they are farther along in their story arc. You may miss out on pertinent information to fill in the blanks, but they feel like they're living lives just like everybody else.

Now Persona doesn't have as many NPCs as a Trails game, not by far, so it's something quite possible with Atlus' resources. The hardest part of implementing something like this is making everything work in the context of the story events going on, but part of it is already in place with the time system Persona has. Now I'm not saying every single thing needs to be independent of the main character as there are plenty of interactions you could do that would require the presence of the main character. They can be time gated from the NPC or ally who instigated it or it can be a anytime throughout the game sort of thing, depending on context of the event.

Semi-related to this, I just also want to say that I am extremely tied of seeing the overused trope of a character who acts before thinking and being a general idiot. Most of them are implemented poorly and I feel like Persona 5 is in this category a bit too. I'm just so tired of watching the story forcefully interject parts where the idiot can't control themselves and causes negative consequences against the main character and rest of the party. That's just something that bugs me in general, not so much specific to Persona 5.[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Horizon: Zero Dawn']
Horizon I don't have a whole lot to say. The game did well fitting the environment and everything to the story. I found the story quite interesting, especially with how they blended technology into it even if it's not the greatest story ever told. The gameplay, while it can get repetitive was quite varied. It allowed you to take down giant enemies in a variety of ways, but I imagine not many people did that. I know I killed things in very different ways than my friend did. Most importantly though, I felt that the story did not really overstay its welcome too much. The graphics were also really good for console and it looked pretty damn awesome in motion.

If there's something I didn't like about the game, I'd have to say that I didn't care a whole lot for mounts. They weren't bad unless there were a lot of objects around and the auto-follow on roads could have used a bit more work, it's just I tended to enjoy sneaking around more for the most part and when necessary I would warp to wherever I needed. It's something I switched to shortly after messing around quite a bit with a mount after you're first able to get one. Otherwise, the only things that would benefit the game more would be substantial sidequest stories and even more variety of weapons or better weapon mods that can completely change how ammo types work and what not.

I just went into the game expecting nothing as just a way to fill time, but ended up really enjoying my time with it. It didn't have any unnecessary expectations of previous games and if anything, my expectations would have been low because I'm not particularly fond of the Killzone series that Guerilla Games has made. It's similar to how people play Witcher 3 and get blown away by it not having played the previous ones, whereas I was a fan of the series prior to the third game.[/customspoiler]

Unfortunately the longer ago I played something, more often than not the less I can remember specific intimate details. My memory works more from muscle memory and triggered via senses. So going into more intimate specifics on Persona 5 & Horizon is a bit more difficult for me without watching footage or picking up the game again. Plus by the end of writing Zelda & Persona my mind just kind of gave up trying to remember anything specific on Horizon. I tried looking for my past posts on it, but sort of gave up because this sites search sucks.

I think my top three favorite games this year so far are Horizon: Zero Dawn, Trails in the Sky the 3rd & Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception/Truth. Persona 5 falls in somewhere after that and then Breath of the Wild a bit after that.

I should also mentioned that I finished A Hat in Time, which is a 3D Platformer. It had a lot of character to it and enjoyed it quite a bit. After finishing the first world in it, I felt like the game had a bit of a downward shift of my enjoyment. However I kept at it and not long after I just continued to enjoy it more and more. It has some issues, but for the most part it's a pretty solid 3D Platformer. Camera isn't half bad either most of the time.

There were plenty of things still to collect and find after I beat it, but I beat it with a 100% completion rate (finding all time pieces). I haven't made much progress with Mario + Rabbids, which I somewhat enjoy but I'm not really feeling it. I should pick Golf Story back up again though.

I made a lot of progress this month. 

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 
rsz_1rsz_1150800277959946.png

Iwaihime Matsuri - 

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - 100% for all episodes

Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online - 

I'll get to School Girl/Zombie Hunter soon.  :twoguns:

I finished chapters two and three in Corpse Party. The chapters aren't long, but with games that are broken up into episodes I like to play one episode per gaming session. Also, I'm trying to play it only at night.

I finally beat the normal difficulty of SG/ZH. I just need to replay the missions that don't have SSS ranks before moving onto Hard, and then Extreme. Playing this game reminds me so much of Yakuza: Dead Souls.  :joystick:

I finally finished the main story for Corpse Party. The first four chapters were pretty straightforward, but it took me a while to get the real ending in chapter 5. I had to look at a guide to see one of the things I didn't do properly.

I actually saw all the chapter 5 endings before getting to the real ending. Some were fails I did on purpose to see what would happen. Some were because I just hadn't figured out the correct path yet. While it kind of sucked having to redo the chapter a lot, I did like seeing a couple of the bad endings.

It had a bit less gameplay than I originally thought, but I still enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be similar to the early Resident Evil games; where you collect key items to open up the world. You kind of do that, but it's more like move from room to room to keep the story going. Which is probably the point of the game. Wanting to play through the story.

It has me interested in playing Book of Shadows and Blood Drive down the line. And I still need to play it's extra chapters.

I've only gotten thru one of the storylines (Jake) in RE 6, and about half of another (Chris). Pretty repetitive after awhile, but its alright.

What are we doing for November?

I beat the main story of yakuza 5... Finally. I went from doing absolutely everything for the first 2 parts of game to ignoring all the side stuff for the last 3 parts. Still took me 42 hours to beat over the course of playing on and off for a year and a half. Happy to be done (I said staring at my unplayed copies of yakuza 0 and Kiwami...)

I got the platinum for SG/ZH earlier. I just had a little bit of a grind towards 10K kills at the end, but it wasn't too bad.

Sadly, I did not get to try the MP since it was completely dead like most of Tamsoft's games (Tagmension Blanc, Neptunia: 4 Goddesses, Senran PBS, etc). At least some of the missions in the SP were pretty hectic. :whee:

I finished the Corpse Party extra chapters. They're pretty much just cutscenes of backstory. Only two of the ten let you control a character.

I don't know what I'll play next. I'm thinking something on the PS4 just to finish it and clear space.

I got the plat for Steins;Gate 0.

I thought the first one was much better but still enjoyed this one. Some things I didn't like was that decisions were very limited this time around and emo Okabe. He kind of made me hate the game at times. His actions and attitude were just very frustrating. I guess overall it's still an enjoyable game if you liked the first one.

Well I finished the nonary games, just have to clean up a few endings on VLR for the Plat. I don't normally like VNs, but these were great. I think 999 has the superior story though.

I finished Until Dawn. I had stopped playing because I didn't care for any of the characters, but once the shit started going down they became pretty likable. I'm glad I went back to it.

It's nice to see there are some making-of videos included in the game. I enjoyed the director commentaries in Bioshock Remastered. I'll watch them later.

I also got the platinum for Final Fantasy XV. I just had to beat the giant monster, level up the four character skills, and clear a couple dungeons. Fishing was the most busy work. I put a rubber band on the analog sticks to level up Gladio's skill.

And I finally played through the Assassin's Creed festival. I'm kind of surprised XV has been getting this much continued support. I think two missions I started through camping were added in updates. I guess the could have always been there, but I think I read about those kind of missions being added in. I still haven't played the addition to chapter 13.

And I finally played through the Assassin's Creed festival. I'm kind of surprised XV has been getting this much continued support.
I'm loving the support it's getting and really enjoying the Comrades MP DLC that recently released. There is also the possibility of a second season pass for more content.

As for games, I'm lazily going through Silent Hill: Book of Memories again. Apparently, it's been a year since I last did anything on it. :lol:

Would be fun to organize something like Beach Splash.

The only things on my plate is finishing EOV, and wait for Monster Hunter in January. Maybe Horizon Zero Dawn DLC.

So something relatively short would be preferable for me.

We voting on any games for December?

Lots of BF deals so could even buy a game for Dec.
Would love to have a game that most of us bought for BF or already have. I was thinking of that too, if a game is cheap enough.

I'll write out the niche games I'm planning to buy:

Yakuza 0, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2. Maybe more.

Would be fun to organize something like Beach Splash.

So something relatively short would be preferable for me.
Peach Beach would be nice if enough people got it. Would love to run through some survival matches.

There's a few games I already have that people seem to be getting for BF. Like Tales of Beseria, which I would love to start. But that seems like it might be way too long.

I wouldn't mind buying Nioh or Nier since I haven't played them.

Edit: or FF15 or Yakuza Kiwami

I finished Until Dawn. I had stopped playing because I didn't care for any of the characters, but once the shit started going down they became pretty likable. I'm glad I went back to it.
Until Dawn is an amazing party game. Played it with a group of people and we had a blast. It also helped that I always seemed to make the wrong choices.

i fell off the backlog wagon for a while but im back. ive been playing a little bit of the new south park game, got lost in stardew valley for a few weeks and spent a good month in far cry primal (i really like that game). in the next few weeks im going to have a lot of time on my hands to play games not to mention i'll be adding to the backlog on black friday. i'll be picking up Doom, RE7, Persona 5, Watch Dogs 2, Horizon, Uncharted Lost Legacy. 

I'll vote for the game I'm playing now (MGS V) and the game I will probably start afterwards (Darksiders). But if the game of the month is one I own and in my backlog, I'm game for joining in with the crowd.

bread's done
Back