CAG on your mobile devices

Yeah, it sucks. Doesn't seem to like the fact that we require https, and that our URL has technically changed.

Anyone else having trouble getting to the XBL thread on mobile? Keep getting a message that the page won't load due to too many redirects. On an iPhone 6.

Posting youtube links off mobile will not let the video embed, it will just be blank. Same if you quote some who has a youtube video in their comments it will not appear in the reply

Thanks

I've been curious for long enough that I've gotta ask… why is it that when I tap a thread/topic I got sent to a random page/post instead of either the first or most recent post? Every single time I have to manually go back to the first post to see the deal the thread is about.
I've been wondering the same thing. It's quite annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting youtube links off mobile will not let the video embed, it will just be blank. Same if you quote some who has a youtube video in their comments it will not appear in the reply

Thanks
This is still a problem, I have used different combos of the URL of a video and nothing works on the mobile site

I will post a link for a video for example

I Will post the link with a space between youtube to show its a working link

https://www.you
tube.com/watch?v=dsxtImDVMig

I been having the issue of when I go to a thread and choose to go to the last post it always redirects me to the first page. This has been for every thread and made the site almost unuseable on mobile.

iPhone 6

Is the mobile friendly version of this site now legacy? Took me awhile to figure out how to switch to it, but it seems inconsistent. I'm getting the landing page as desktop, forums as mobile but some of the site buttons (messenger, notifications, members, etc.) only appear for a second and then disappear. Mind you I'm on a BB10 device but the browser is usually spot on with every mobile site I use.

The ads appear fine though :)

Anyone noticed that recently the mobile site has started acting weird when it comes to the thread page buttons at the bottom of the page?

Things like 'last page' and 'previous page' taking you to the first page of the thread for example.   I've noticed it for the past week or so.  Definitely affecting the Video Game Forums threads for Amiibos and Collector's Editions.  Very frustrating.

This is on iOS using Chrome.

Anyone noticed that recently the mobile site has started acting weird when it comes to the thread page buttons at the bottom of the page?

Things like 'last page' and 'previous page' taking you to the first page of the thread for example. I've noticed it for the past week or so. Definitely affecting the Video Game Forums threads for Amiibos and Collector's Editions. Very frustrating.

This is on iOS using Chrome.
How about now?

Is a feature going to be added so we can moderate changes on mobile, currently it will just take you to a blank screen with the CAG logo on a top bannet and bottom banner?

How about now?
Last Page and First Page buttons now seem to work on mobile! (scratch that, see below)

The only button that is mis-functioning now for me is the "<- Video Games" button at the top of a page of posts in a thread. It takes me to the first page of the thread, not back to the forum list.

Haven't tried another forum to see if it is just the Video Game forum or a general button issue.

Will try that in a minute.

How about now?
I actually did a bit of experimenting this morning, pick 2 multi-page threads to test on:

CAG -> CAG Deals -> VideoGames -> amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

CAG -> CAG Deals -> BluRay & DVD Deals -> Anime & Manga Steals and Deals

All tests were using Chrome on iOS on an iPad mini:

amiibo:

Prev Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 13)

First Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 13)

Next Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 1)

Last Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 1)

Back to Sub-Forum Thread List Button (at the top of page): Takes you to 1st page of thread

BluRay & DVD:

Prev Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 272)

First Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 272)

Next Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 1)

Last Button: Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 1)

Back to Sub-Forum Thread List Button (at tope of the page): Takes you to 1st page of thread (from Page 1)

Note: for all of these tests I click the 'last post' button in a thread to enter into the thread. Not sure if behind the scenes a 'last post' variable is getting set odd maybe? Just spitballing. Especially in light of:

REALLY WEIRD note: during testing there would be random times an individual button would work. "Last" would work maybe the 1st time I went into a thread, but not in a repeatable way. Every time I try in either thread right now it takes me to page 1. So earlier when I tried it seemed to work (see post above) but not now...

All of this is odd, maybe I'm just weird, although I'm not sure what I could be doing that is causing such erratic behavior.

Thanks for any help. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to test/try.

The "cellphone tips" ads which browserjack you and try to throw "Android" updates at you are pretty annoying. Just saying.

I don't run adblock stuff on my phone because I only visit trustworthy sites. But those are making me think CAG is untrustworthy...

I actually did a bit of experimenting this morning, pick 2 multi-page threads to test on:

Thanks for any help. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to test/try.
Still having these issues with my mobile devices. Got a bit frustrated while browsing this AM and decided to try the site on Safari and all of the buttons work exactly as advertised (this was on the mini, will try the phone later).

So this is a Chrome on iOS issue it seems.

Browser: Firefox

I'm unable to view the mobile version of CAG when using Firefox. It defaults to the full desktop site which isn't user & data friendly. When opening CAG with Opera or Chrome, mobile version is displayed properly.

Checked Firefox's settings to confirm "Request Desktop site" is disabled.

How can I view CAG mobile with Firefox? Is it not currently compatible?

Thank You

It's just a glitch due to the rushed site upgrade we had to roll out to fix some security issues. Will get this sorted as soon as possible.

On iPhone. Site keeps logging me out even when I click "remember me". Pretty annoying. Anyone have a fix for this? Never had a problem until the site was updated

I'm on my mobile and I will randomly get linked to the cag home page when I'm clicking on the various thread or sub forum links. It's like somehow the links are pointing to the wrong address? I'll hit back and click again to get it to work but it's an intermittent problem that I keep getting redirected to the home page.

I'm on my mobile and I will randomly get linked to the cag home page when I'm clicking on the various thread or sub forum links. It's like somehow the links are pointing to the wrong address? I'll hit back and click again to get it to work but it's an intermittent problem that I keep getting redirected to the home page.
I'm having this same issue. I keep getting redirected to the home page over and over again. I've signed out and back in, closed my browser, cleared my cache. Keeps happening.

ditto-pokemon-38777727-700-500.jpg

Clicking on a post will take me to a seemingly random post on a random page instead of the OP.

Using stock Android Nexus 6P, Chrome.

Getting lots of spammy redirects on both Opera and Chrome on my Moto X Pure running Android 6.0. Only happens on CAG and typically only the first time I click an internal link when visiting.

I see there hasn't been a post or response here in years but the redirect ads are on mobile are unbearable. It's to the point where NOT clicking anything still redirects you to a spam page within 3 seconds on the homepage.

I see people brought this up FIVE years ago. Is there any hope that this will be fixed?

Also been happening to me big time the last couple weeks. Just trying to hit the homepage is a chore and a half.

I was viewing CAG fine for over a year on my Kindle Fire HD, but now I'm also getting redirected to that fake Google winner page every other time I visit that way. Super annoying.

The redirect ads on mobile have been happening for weeks for me. It has made the site and forums essentially unusable at this point. This needs to get fixed ASAP.

Changes have gone up to mitigate the ad redirect problem - if anyone still experiences an ad redirect please let me know. 

John, thank you! For the first time in weeks I haven't had a redirect immediately after visiting the forums. I'll be sure to mention if it happens again, but for now it appears to be fixed.

bread's done
Back