CAG on your mobile devices

All android / chrome on windows, but it went away this afternoon so it was probably me and not cag.
It seems to be happening again - like themes are associated with my account instead of my device? So when I switch to desktop theme on my desktop it switches on my phone, and then when I switch to mobile theme on my phone, it changes my desktop.

Edit: Using Chrome on Win8 and Chrome on Android

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up using taptalk. When I try signing in on through the website it says wrong password or username. Please help

I know that, but included that info just in case.

On mobile I log in,

Post a few times and then get logged out.

No matter what it doesn't keep me logged in.

I too have been getting logged out for the past few days.
I use Chrome on iphone 5s.
This is the only forum i am having that issue with.

I've been curious for long enough that I've gotta ask… why is it that when I tap a thread/topic I got sent to a random page/post instead of either the first or most recent post? Every single time I have to manually go back to the first post to see the deal the thread is about.

If you're on iOS and jailbroken there are ways around that. If you're on an android and "rooted" I'm sure there are ways around it too, I just don't know of any.
I think I will go there. I just got a popup from sexads and I closed it before it could load. This is ridiculous. There's one that opens the App Store and another one that opens and closes after bouncing through tabs.

I know this site is money hungry, but damn...

Any chance we can get a white theme for mobile?
Wouldn't hold my breath. I asked for a Follow Thread feature on the mobile site (has existed on the full site from its relaunch last year) almost a year ago, and haven't seen it yet. That would email users about updates to the thread, which would increase their opportunities to return to the site, which would increase their opportunities to click on a referral link and for CAG to make money. Neither of my other requests (delineation between sticky threads/other threads, consolidating "Start New Topic" on the same line as Prev/Next buttons) has been addressed either.

I think at this point, lacking any explanation about technical hurdles, etc., we can infer that CheapyD's bread is sufficiently buttered, and there's no motivation to improve the platform.

In the past week or two the "Last Page" and "Next Page/Previous Page" buttons on the mobile version have been putting me back to page 1 of a thread instead of what they should sometimes when I tap them.  If it happens, after a few times of trying it usually gives me the page I want.

Phone: Lumia 1520

OS/Browser: WP 8.1/IE 11

CAG on mobile (for me, iPhone 5 and Safari) has been slow as shit for a while now.  In the last couple weeks, it's been absolute garbage.

If I try to go right to the frontpage, it takes maybe 10 seconds to load the page.  If I try to go right to my Control Panel, it can take between 15-30 seconds.  (I've cleared all cache and all that shit; it's definitely just this website on mobile.)

FYI search on mobile is semi-broken. All you can do is search the whole site. Say you want to just search the XB1/360 set of the forums, after you select that as the parameter it automatically resets to searching the whole site.

Switch to full version isnt working in Safari iOS ipad. Please fix asap. Same on chrome iOS on iPad. Just loops back to mobile version.

[quote name="oregon" post="12186240" timestamp="1414365796"]Switch to full version isnt working in Safari iOS ipad. Please fix asap. Same on chrome iOS on iPad. Just loops back to mobile version.[/quote]
Yep, having the same issue.

I'm stuck on the desktop version theme. I'm always using Cag on my iphone5 and the message to change themes is asking if I want to change it manually. I click it and then I click mobile. The page refreshes but nothing changes.

This started happening about 2 hours ago. I cleared my history from the past 2 days but no dice.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm stuck on the desktop version theme. I'm always using Cag on my iphone5 and the message to change themes is asking if I want to change it manually. I click it and then I click mobile. The page refreshes but nothing changes.

This started happening about 2 hours ago. I cleared my history from the past 2 days but no dice.

Any help is appreciated.
Are you on the forum home page when you're trying to make the style change?

Android stuck in desktop. Wasn't there a link to switch before?

Fixed it. The theme button let's you change.

Right, sorry - I forgot to mention. Theme selection now works like this - if you've never selected a theme before, it should automatically detect if you're on an iOS or Android device and display the mobile style. Otherwise, it'll switch to the last theme you chose using the link at the bottom of every page. If you're looking at the site and the theme isn't what you want to be using, click on the toggle/switcher at the bottom to choose the other style. 

Great to see you engaged in this thread, John. While we have your attention - any chance of getting a Follow Topic button in the mobile style? Thanks.

Great to see you engaged in this thread, John. While we have your attention - any chance of getting a Follow Topic button in the mobile style? Thanks.
Working on it now. Also, if anyone ever needs my attention for absolutely anything, send me a PM!

I know it is a pretty minor thing, but any chance of getting the mobile light theme back? It was great when viewing CAG outdoors in the daylight.

In the past week or two the "Last Page" and "Next Page/Previous Page" buttons on the mobile version have been putting me back to page 1 of a thread instead of what they should sometimes when I tap them. If it happens, after a few times of trying it usually gives me the page I want.

Phone: Lumia 1520

OS/Browser: WP 8.1/IE 11
This is still occurring for me.

Mobile is not working for me for this whole week. If I hit desktop mode I am then stuck in that mode permanently, only if I delete all my cookies and reset my browser can I go back to mobile mode

Tapatalk is now working, but if you're still getting XML issues you might have to remove CAG and re-add it. 

bread's done
Back