CAG on your mobile devices

[quote name='storino03']now it works. made a new bookmark of the site[/QUOTE]

Still not for me. :whistle2:(
What's the URL you are using?

[quote name='Sinistar']Still not for me. :whistle2:(
What's the URL you are using?[/QUOTE]

Try

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?styleid=18

If you're viewing the site on a mobile device, you should see a link in the header to view the mobile version.

A couple of weeks ago it stopped going to the iOS style it had always been for me on both my OG EVO and then Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (using Dolphin HD browser); now it's defaulting to the desktop view. I came here looking for the fix and while manually recreating a new bookmark from Cheapy's OP, that's a hassle. It also default to desktop with my Kindle Fire's Silk browser with Acceleration turned off, if that matters.

[quote name='John']If you're viewing the site on a mobile device, you should see a link in the header to view the mobile version.[/QUOTE]Weird. I fired up my retired EVO and when I went to CAG, the link was there. However, with my Galaxy 2, the link wasn't around. Where it was on the EVO, above the word "Calendar" in the header, was occupied by the bread crumb trail like this: Cheap Ass Gamer > Forums > Cheap Ass Gamer Lifestyle > CAG News, Feedback & Site Assistance > CAG on your mobile devices

[quote name='buckythekat']mobile isn't working for me anymore :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Are you still hitting the right URL?

Might have to clear you mobile browser cache and history.

I visit and make posts almost daily on my iPod and iPad using Atomic Web Browser, I don't think another app could replace that but look forward to a CAG iOS app none the less.

[quote name='kevgret']why does my iphone always lose the mobile website??[/QUOTE]

I am having the the same thing happening on Android both in regular browser and Chrome.

[quote name='Sinistar']I am having the the same thing happening on Android both in regular browser and Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what "lose the mobile website" means - the page displayed for the URL reverts back to the full site?

Recently, my Android phone (default browser) doesn't load the mobile site on the first try sometimes, or maybe more accurately, it takes a while (15 seconds plus) to display anything. I don't think it's the phone or connection as another mobile website (a notorious deal site) loads instantly.

[quote name='Sinistar']I am having the the same thing happening on Android both in regular browser and Chrome.[/QUOTE]
Have you bookmarked the mobile URL?

I've always bookmarked the mobile link, but every now and then (once every 6-10 months), it stops working and I have to find the link again on Page 1

[quote name='storino03']I've always bookmarked the mobile link, but every now and then (once every 6-10 months), it stops working and I have to find the link again on Page 1[/QUOTE]

I think it's more likely your phone deleted the cookie.

[quote name='elessar123']I think it's more likely your phone deleted the cookie.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy just referred to a mobile URL. Why does the page displayed depend on a cookie, if there's a dedicated URL?

[quote name='gantt']Cheapy just referred to a mobile URL. Why does the page displayed depend on a cookie, if there's a dedicated URL?[/QUOTE]

Standard vBulletin functionality, style choices work through cookies.

So if I have the mobile link bookmarked, and somehow the cookie gets deleted, it won't display the mobile site anymore, even if it's already bookmarked? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

[quote name='storino03']So if I have the mobile link bookmarked, and somehow the cookie gets deleted, it won't display the mobile site anymore, even if it's already bookmarked? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

If you have the link bookmarked, going to it should take you to the mobile site. The cookie is there to automatically set the style on subsequent visits.

The last day or two (at least) I noticed on my Android phone that I was no longer logged into CAG (mobile site).

I click the login button on the mobile site home page and get an error:

"You do not have permission to perform the action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."
Beneath this it shows "username" and "password" but they are grayed out.

Refreshed the page, cleared my browser cache, power cycled my phone - no change.

Anybody else getting this?

Any suggestions from the CAG IT wizard?

Bueller? Bueller?

[quote name='gantt']The last day or two (at least) I noticed on my Android phone that I was no longer logged into CAG (mobile site).

"You do not have permission to perform the action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

Refreshed the page, cleared my browser cache, power cycled my phone - no change.

Any suggestions from the CAG IT wizard?[/QUOTE]

It's a shame CAG doesn't have a decent mobile app. Hell, take the Android Cnetral app I use for example. It's based on tapatalk and works great. Why the same can't be done here I don't know. Whoever they hired to write the app did a fast job of it too.

I should update this. I actually could login to CAG on my Android phone. I didn't realize that the grayed-out "username" and "password" were actually the fields themselves, and not field labels. Once I replaced them with my actual username and password, I was able to login.

So 2 things (well, 3, really):

1. Don't tell the user they don't have permission to perform an action when all they're trying to do is login - and since you're letting them login, they obviously do have permission.
2. Use a more standard UI for the login screen that displays the field labels in normal text to the left of the field boxes, not grayed-out inside the field boxes.
3. I don't know why I got logged out in the first place - or for that matter, why CAG occasionally resets from the mobile site to the full site, although I use the same shortcut link all the time. It could be something I'm doing, but I doubt it.

[quote name='gantt']The last day or two (at least) I noticed on my Android phone that I was no longer logged into CAG (mobile site).

Any suggestions from the CAG IT wizard?[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to log in to the site on my iPod Touch 5th Generation. I enter my username and password and keep getting an "incorrect username or password" message, but here I am using the very same username and password on my Windows desktop to post this. What gives?

[quote name='Stry-ker']On windows lumia 900 when I use the mobile link nothing shows up to reply to posts.[/QUOTE]

This is still an issue on Windows Phones. The mobile site is broken. Any chance for a fix?

FYI the 'jump to page' option at the bottom of mobile pages is not currently working. No matter what page number you select, it refreshes the page without the page parameter in the URL.

Can't even access mobile site anymore on my iPhone. It used to work fine, but hasn't been working the last few days

Edit: Saw a link link to the mobile site, clicked it and its working fine again. Don't know why my old bookmark messed up. Oh well, got a new working one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but on my old iOS theme there was an option to jump to the last page, but now there is only a next button. If anyone has a different solution for me please PM me. I visit a couple threads with 40+ pages and that would be a nightmare! Lol

Same as above. Not being able to jump to the last page or even select a page on the mobile version is driving me nuts.

Unless I can't find it and am being stupid lol

No last page option, no manual enter in a page number to goto feature, no visual bar/divider between pinned and not pinned threads. And regardless on what part of the thread title you click on (text field, new posts dot, or right arrow) your lead into either first post or mid page inconsistantly, never last newest post.

Edit: also would be great to have a "goto bottom of page" link button at top of thread page as well.
Tested on iphone 4s ios 6.1.3, safari.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but on my old iOS theme there was an option to jump to the last page, but now there is only a next button. If anyone has a different solution for me please PM me. I visit a couple threads with 40+ pages and that would be a nightmare! Lol

At this point for a dirty quick work around, youll just have to manually edit the page number in the url to get to the end. Best for those 100+ page threads.

I'm using an iPhone 5, and every time I click on a page, it jumps straight to the last post on the last page. And without any way to move back more than one page at a time, I literally can't see the deals in the first post (especially on bigger threads with hundreds of pages).

bread's done
Back