CAG on your mobile devices

I'm using an iPhone 5, and every time I click on a page, it jumps straight to the last post on the last page. And without any way to move back more than one page at a time, I literally can't see the deals in the first post (especially on bigger threads with hundreds of pages).
I want this problem. I want to go straight to the last pages on threads.

Thanks CheapyD! Once I get used to it I can say this is a great upgrade on the mobile side!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using an iPhone 5, and every time I click on a page, it jumps straight to the last post on the last page. And without any way to move back more than one page at a time, I literally can't see the deals in the first post (especially on bigger threads with hundreds of pages).
It takes you to your first unread post. I've added better post navigation as well.

I know the previous forums worked with tapatalk. I'm not sure the new forum software is supported by tapatalk. Not sure CheapyD or TiredJohn can fix that

Oops one last question...

For PMs will there be an easier way to delete them like in the previous version? Thanks!

I know the previous forums worked with tapatalk. I'm not sure the new forum software is supported by tapatalk. Not sure CheapyD or TiredJohn can fix that
IPBoard supports tapatalk.

Here is a link to their plugin for IPBoard.

Whether or not there are issues and bugs in the latest version if IPBoard I do not know. So they made hold off on adding it until it is fully tested.

Yes! Posted from tapatalk! This was seriously hampering my life having no mobile access. Thank you thank you! Thank you! Super programmer john ftw!!!!!!

Really need a "go to page" option. Last and first page options help, but I've had many times where the ability to jump back a set number of pages really helped. And can we get page numbers on the mobile app?

I keep sending it to mobile on my Nexus 7 and everytime I go back it resets it to the desktop browser mode it seems the theme is being saved at the user level and Not just as a browser cookie this is becoming very annoying. I need to have different settings for different devices and the new site does not seem To be Allowing that.

no option to enter a page number. when i click on a fourm, it starts at the bottom of the page or a different page in that thread. very slow, loading, after i click on a thread and go back, the loading bar just stays there. i hate this.

It takes you to your first unread post. I've added better post navigation as well.
sorry for double post, I was trying to add wrote and it just posted. but is there any way to disable the jumping to first unread post? I'm using the mobile format and have tried to search for a way to disable it through the full version also.

I cant seem to login to tapatalk using my new username have to use the old one. Just thought I would let the team know.

Weird it works fine for me, I even tried re-logging in and didnt have any problem at all. Btw please enable PM option for Tapatalk.

I cant seem to login to tapatalk using my new username have to use the old one. Just thought I would let the team know.

Weird it works fine for me, I even tried re-logging in and didnt have any problem at all. Btw please enable PM option for Tapatalk.
My actually still has the old username under accounts in tapatalk as well. Will see if updating would help.

I'd like more of a distinction between pinned threads at the top and the beginning of regular threads. Maybe a thick line or something between them?

The links are at the bottom of the full site.

Use Mobile Version and or Change Theme IP Board Mobile.

You people need to get your eyes checked if this is bright. Yea, yellow text is hard to read, but by no means is this layout blindingly bright at all. IMO it's neutral at best and nowhere near as loud as most other websites.

Clicking on threads takes me to random spots now, not just the latest unread post.

Usually it takes me to the first post, even if it's a thread I visit all the time.

I just switched to the full site on my phone.

Is anyone else having issues on iPhone? Everytime I try to press the top right button to access my control panel/PM's, nothing happens with the button.

Works fine on mine (iP5), maybe try switching to the Full Version and then back again, or clearing your cookies and data. (Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data)

Anyone know when the mobile site is going to get some updates?  I know it'd dumb, but I hate that I can no longer get a CAG icon when I pin the site to my iPhone homescreen.  It just looks so tacky...

CAG's dark design was pleasing to the eyes, the mobile version seems bright in comparison. I agree that a great addition to the mobile version would be the dark theme like how CAG originally was on a PC.

I'd like more of a distinction between pinned threads at the top and the beginning of regular threads. Maybe a thick line or something between them?
I agree. Some visual distinction for each of the pinned threads (like the colored "PINNED" icons used in the full site) would work, too. The tiny gray "Pinned" under the thread titles in the current mobile site is inadequate.

Also, please add a "Follow" button to the thread view on the mobile site.

Finally, having a "Go to first unread post" button on the left of each thread is understandable, but the current left margin wastes a lot of space and results in excessive line wrapping for thread titles and fewer threads displayed on the screen at one time (particularly in portrait view, which is how I usually use my phone).

The same could be said about the ">" on the right side of the thread titles.

Please look at the Slickdeals mobile site. In my opinion, it is a better experience with respect to the Follow (they call it Subscribe) and thread list display issues referenced above.

BTW I did appreciate that the mobile site was live and usable pretty much immediately when CAG 3.0 launched. Thanks.

Anyone know when the mobile site is going to get some updates? I know it'd dumb, but I hate that I can no longer get a CAG icon when I pin the site to my iPhone homescreen. It just looks so tacky...
This.

Also can anyone tell me what the check marks do, the ones to the right of everyone's posts on the mobile site?

I'm pretty sure that's to like the post. I tapped your post's ... it should show up in your notifications. :D

Please can you guys activate the Tapatalk so we can send PM with it? I and other membera have been asking for this since the beginning of 3.0.

So has the staff decided to stop pretending to give a fuck about the mobile site?  We at least need page numbers and a goto ability to jump to pages in a thread, especially those mega threads.

The new policy is to start pretending to give a shit.

Yes, I know it sucks and am sorry.  It will be fixed.

The new policy is to start pretending to give a shit.

Yes, I know it sucks and am sorry. It will be fixed.
Thanks for responding, Cheapy. Don't be too hard on yourself: I wouldn't say it sucks. It's usable - there are just lots of opportunities for improvement :) And I suspect the "staff" someone mentioned above, when it concerns changing the mobile site, is just Super Programmer John (and maybe a little of you). It's just good to know that someone is listening and what improvements are in the queue.

bread's done
Back