CAG Payne -- Max Payne 3 CAG Crew Recruiting

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
It's pretty discussed in the Max Payne 3 thread, but I thought I'd post a thread about the crew just to get more views in case a lot of CAGs aren't checking out that thread. There is a crew "CAG Payne" set up and looking to add as many CAGs as we can. You can be a member of up to five crews, but while playing you can choose which one you are representing.

Click here to join: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/cag_payne

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Thanks for the acceptance of the crew![/QUOTE]Welcome aboard! I wish it was instantaneous, however, for the vast majority of crews, the crew leader has to go to social club and manually send out all invites requested. I try to check whenever I get a moment online which is a few times a day especially if I'm on cag and see someone mention they requested an invite. For bigger crews like IGN it is instant.

I dropped a request just now... Haven't tried the MP, still working my way through the SP... Which seems to be rather long, not that I mind (though I'm doing collectables), so I'm not sure what good I'll be...

Anyhow, it talked about my privacy settings when I requested in but hopefully I got them updated correctly... I couldn't find a confirm button on that page.

One thing, the gangs carry over to the GTAV... So we might want to look at a rename if at all possible.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']...One thing, the gangs carry over to the GTAV... So we might want to look at a rename if at all possible.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I thought about that RIGHT AFTER I submitted the crew. There might be a way to name change, I'll have to poke around the site. Originally, I was trying to come up with a name working the Max Payne title, but they were all taken.

[quote name='bsmiff']Sent a request. This game is sick.[/QUOTE]You should already have an invite as I went thru my xbl friends list thru social club and picked out CAGs who I had seen playing this. This invite thing is not exactly perfect.

Anyway, I've accepted all invite requests. Welcome to the crew.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, I thought about that RIGHT AFTER I submitted the crew. There might be a way to name change, I'll have to poke around the site. Originally, I was trying to come up with a name working the Max Payne title, but they were all taken.[/QUOTE]

I poked around too as I have my own crew, (though I'm the only member and made it just in case I ever needed it while playing around with things), but never could find away to change it or motto after the fact.

Anyhow, getting ready to get online... Likely for single player (around chapter 8 now) but I might kick around MP for a bit since I'm in a crew now and I'm curious how it works... :D

I'll be on in a few if anyone wants to roll through some kids with me. Wlll also be on tomorrow night too, so let's do this.

[quote name='HydroX']I'll be on in a few if anyone wants to roll through some kids with me. Wlll also be on tomorrow night too, so let's do this.[/QUOTE]

Would have been online but a friend had a new Trials Evolution map and when I was playing it my internet dropped. It came back quickly but I figured it was safer playing SP than trying to do anything MP wise.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, I thought about that RIGHT AFTER I submitted the crew. There might be a way to name change, I'll have to poke around the site. Originally, I was trying to come up with a name working the Max Payne title, but they were all taken.[/QUOTE]

If the name can be changed, can I suggest something like Big Ass Chainz? (That's a Cagcast reference for those of you who don't listen).

[quote name='CheapyD']Sent invite request...[/QUOTE]
Sorry to keep you waiting sir...:lol:

Crew's getting pretty big which is awesome. Just sent out invites to Cheapy and about ten more names I don't recognize that requested invited. Not like I have every CAGs XBL Tag memorized, but I usually recognize one or two. Anyways, keep em coming.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Hey umm are we going to have any game nights?[/QUOTE]

This. Definitely.

I vote for Sunday or Monday night as our main nights, since they can be the slowest of the week for most people. I'm game for Thursday this week though, of anyone wants to give it a go.

[quote name='jza1218']Mine was greyed out.[/QUOTE]

Try sending your own request to join the group (even if you already did it). Could be a glitch in the system somewhere.

Going to be playing a while tonight if anyone wants to crew up. Probably a lot of Payne Killer for that cashflow.

On that note, did Rockstar nerf the cash value of looting Max and Passos? I'm only getting $100 per now :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bsmiff']Going to be playing a while tonight if anyone wants to crew up. Probably a lot of Payne Killer for that cashflow.

On that note, did Rockstar nerf the cash value of looting Max and Passos? I'm only getting $100 per now :whistle2:([/QUOTE]Yes, they did nerf it. Was a great way to build up cash...

[quote name='HydroX']So, no game nights? Just a random crew where nobody plays together? Lol[/QUOTE]I try to play MP with other crew members, but everyone is doing their own thing. Also, some play on Free Aim, while I prefer Soft Aim.

[quote name='Zak71296']I just sent one[/QUOTE]Go Cards. What's a cards fan doing in milwaukee? Almost as bad as me, a cards fan from Chicago.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Just sent a request[/QUOTE]Invites sent.

[quote name='HydroX']So, no game nights? Just a random crew where nobody plays together? Lol[/QUOTE]Yeah, I guess we should do that. I thought having a crew would make it easier for people to join up, but a game night would boost numbers. What nights are game nights for other games already? CoD or Battlefield have CAG game nights?

[quote name='CMoney™']I try to play MP with other crew members, but everyone is doing their own thing. Also, some play on Free Aim, while I prefer Soft Aim.[/QUOTE]Sorry to turn down you're invite the other night, but I am SO enrapt in the story and getting to the end and I'm dying to see the end. As soon as I beat the story I'll be back in and all over the mp.

As far as I know there are no CAG game nights for BF3 (on 360 anyway). Could be wrong.

I play Free Aim due to the simple fact that with Soft Lock it feels like as soon as you spawn you are already locked onto and almost immediately die. Not fun.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sorry to turn down you're invite the other night, but I am SO enrapt in the story and getting to the end and I'm dying to see the end. As soon as I beat the story I'll be back in and all over the mp.[/QUOTE]Take your time enjoying the story. SP is where the game truly shines.

[quote name='HydroX']I play Free Aim due to the simple fact that with Soft Lock it feels like as soon as you spawn you are already locked onto and almost immediately die. Not fun.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's happened to me. I spawn, a few seconds later, DEAD. Been trying Free Aim here & there. The scores overall are a lot lower then Soft Aim. Payne Killer on Free Aim isn't that bad.

Thanks for sending me an invite! I'm probably not going to play any multiplayer until I beat single player, but that should be either tomorrow or the day after.

I joined the crew but I haven't played in a few weeks, it's fun, I just have limited time these days. I haven't finished the story and already it's one of the best I've played.

Take your time enjoying the story. SP is where the game truly shines.

Yeah, that's happened to me. I spawn, a few seconds later, DEAD. Been trying Free Aim here & there. The scores overall are a lot lower then Soft Aim. Payne Killer on Free Aim isn't that bad.
As a day one fan of the series, I got this game for the single player only. Good mp is just gravy.

It seems like teams get really spread over the maps so safe spawning sometimes becomes an issue. It didn't happen to me too often and it happened in free aim some as well. Maybe it should be like gears/cod and have spawn protection for about 5 seconds.

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Sent request:

AirMcLaren

Are crews cross-platform or am I gonna be the lone ps3 gamer? Lol.[/QUOTE]Accepted. You may be the lone ps3 gamer for now. I've been kicking around the idea of posting in the ps3 thread, but I justed started off here because I have it on 360. Technically, the crew IS cross-platform as you can check leaderboards for 360 & ps3. I'll try to start recruiting on PS3 side tonight.

EDIT: Actually there are three others although one has posted he's trading his copy in soon.

Request tried to be received, I guess my privacy settings in social club were prohibiting it and the request disappeared. Soooo Request sent lol.

I love how Max Payne tracks where on the body bullets hit. :applause:

SophyTY, please accept the invite. I agree with CheapyD last podcast and he has said before.... I'm enjoying this game a lot. It's solid and hoping the multiplayer is as good as the story mode so far

bread's done
Back