CAG Poll: Do you own unopened games?

The only unopened games I own at the moment are the ones I bought during the TRU B2G1 free sale hoping to exchange. Which seems like it may not work this year.

In general I almost never have unopened games. I'm not a collector and when I buy games I open them immediately, unless they are part of some sale and I'm going to Ebay them. And even then I never go out and buy games JUST to Ebay, I only do it if its like a B2G1 free and I can only find 1 or 2 games I actually want.

Have a few, not that I am leaving them sealed forever or anything I just dont see a point in opening them until I get around to playing them

As of now I have these ps2 games sealed

XenoSaga
XenoSaga 2
XenoSaga 3
Tales of Legendia
MGS essential collection
DMC anniversary collection
also have Neo Contra incoming

I've got a few unopened ... and when I want to go play them I can't bring myself to open them!! :whistle2:( I think something's wrong with me!!

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: I have many unopened games and a few game systems for that matter. I still have the xbox 360 bioshock CE sealed, MGS4 CE sealed, a copy of marble madness for the NES sealed, a sealed gamecube, 3 sealed copies of the MGS4 beta key volume things, Yanya Caballista for the PS2 (with the little skate board), a sealed Devil May Cry collection (w/ black tops), 2 sealed copies of Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PS1, sealed Final Fantasy III for the DS...man the list could go on...

I have quite a few, maybe 20. Mostly PS2 black label stuff.

One of my friends has a sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga...i keep trying to get him to sell it on eBay before it gets re-released some day.

I've never bought a game just to keep it sealed. If I buy it new, I intend to play the game. Although I do have quite a few that I play just for 5 minutes and never get back to it.

Yes, I have lost track of all the new games I've bought and have some unopened games. I've been to sick to actually tear open the shrinkwrap. I'm usually pretty good at opening all my games too.

Xbox 360: Grid, Condemned

Xbox : Advent Rising,Prince of Persia

Ps2 : Parappa the Rapper 2, Rise of Kasai . Rogue Ops

That's it, out of some 155 games out of those three systems combined that is all I have sealed.
The only one I never see myself playing is Rogue Ops but stranger things have happened.

I don't keep many games on hand at any given time. I'll get a game, and play it right then. Then if I don't expect to play it for a while, I throw it out to Goozex. I won't buy a game unless I know I'll play it that week. I don't have a lot of time for games, so I don't keep many - 15 at most (Wii, and a few PS2).

Guilty as charged, though I have been taking steps to fix this. I've been trying to adopt a 'use it or lose it' mindset in regards to not just gaming, but the rest of my stuff. It's difficult at first, but I've been slowly adapting...

No, I don't. I'm not a video game collector. All the games I own are for the sole purpose of playing. If I buy a game, the first thing I do is open it even if I won't be able to play it in the upcoming days/weeks/months. But there are some games that I could have just left shrink wrapped. DMC4 is one. I haven't gotten a chance to beat it yet. I played the first 3 missions and then got pre-occupied with other games.

And when I'm completely done with a game, as in I'll never play it again, I get rid of it by trading it in or selling it on ebay.

no unopened games here. I always throw it in and play a little bit, even if I don't end up playing through the game. Case in point I bought Saints Row for $10 earlier in the year and just started playing it.

most of my games are unopened. at least 90% of them. and i have alot. i normally dont play anymore and when i do, i dont have the system to play them on. i have 2 broken ps2s, no ps1 either, my ps3 and 360 is actually my brother in law's so all the games i have for those are basically unopened. i have a ds and a wii, the only 2 systems i currently play on.

I could only find two unopened.

The Granstream Saga for PS1 because it was like $10, but I don't think I'm ever gonna play it.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution because it was $1.99 at BB.

[quote name='keithp']Nope. If I buy it I want to at least pop it in and see what it's about. I may put it down until later but I've got to at least load it up![/quote]

same here. even if it is just to see if it loads properly or it blows my mind on the first few minutes.

Not anymore. I recently sold off my entire backlog because I realized I was hanging on to game I would never have the time to play.

Probably needs to be updated, but my little spreadsheet here says 118 of 242 PS2 games are sealed. 53 of those are played. Obviously have more games than just ps2, but thats the biggest offender

Kotor PC. Never played it since I played the console version. That's is though. Definitely was way more games a few months ago, but I sold everything that was collecting dust.

Of course I have a small collection of "collectable" but as regards to games that I will play, yes. If anything, its promos such as discounts or a free keychain that get people to buy games that they dont have time to play at the moment.

I have about 4 unopened 360 games, i think 2 uonopened ps2 games plus 3 unopened ps2 3-packs, as well as an unopened ds game. mostly clearance titles except the 3-packs

even before i began stockpiling 360 games on sale, i had a few random unopened games. Things here and there that i picked up on sale, and wound up in the back log.

with the 360 pile, i've got about a dozen unopened games.

(i haven't bought a 360 yet, i'm jasper hunting... and don't start ripping on me, i have school right now, so 360 is low priority... so, i not only can afford the wait, it's kinda necessary)

Sadly I think i have around 10-15 games sealed for PS2, PS3, Xbox360, Wii, and PSP...yeah, got a DS game too, maybe it is 20....:(

Damn you Twilight Princess GCN, I bought you at Circuit City the day you came out and I haven't had the time or the will to play you yet... And I thought it was going to be rare since the Wii version was out, too.

I don't think it's a question of unopened games.....just how many of them? I refuse to count them right now. Has to be at least 5 each on PS2, GC and 360.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Unopened? No.

Unplayed? A couple.[/quote]

I think this is an important distinction. I've got a pile of 6-7 games that I received in trade from Goozex. They're open because they arrived that way.

I've also got a buttload of sealed, new games. Ugh.

[quote name='javeryh']Not anymore. I recently sold off my entire backlog because I realized I was hanging on to game I would never have the time to play.[/quote]

That's exactly what I did to afford my PS3, was get rid of my PS2/Xbox collection. Surprsingly though, I had actually played 90-95% of them, though some I never made it all the way through and some I was just really put off by since they became less fun to play as I got deeper into the game.

Ummm... tons of games of mine are unopen. I buy them at clearance price and just put them there. 24 hour days are just too short!

I have four- one is a Japanese import I bought for the figure it came with (Why open it? I can't play it or read the manual very well). the other 3 I just haven't gotten around to playing yet - Arc the Lad Twlight of Spirits on PS2, GH version Xenogears on PS1, and Zelda Minish Cap on GBA- which I only bought to unload a Kmart gift card. Judging by Ebay, that may have been a smart move- it's seriously tempting to re-buy it used and sell the sealed one...

The distinction that for me is why are they unopened?

I have a few that are unopened as collectors items. Games I really like and want a pristine condition copy.

I don't have any unopened games that I intend to play. When I buy a game I play it, there is no backlog and I don't just impulse buy. Some games I play for only an hour or so and decide they are not worth my time but I play them all.

bread's done
Back