CAG Poll: Do you own unopened games?

I have several. I bought GTA 4 upon release, but that very weekend, I had to go out of town for some training, so I figured I would not open/play it because I would likely want to take my 360 with me to Chicago. Upon returning, I ended up buying a few other games and I started dating my current gf, so there went my time!:cool:
On the plus side, since I still haven't opened GTA IV and it dropped price, I realized I should not be buying games on release dates. I'm renting now :cool:

Did not vote as I'm kind of in between.

Short answer, no.

I don't often have unopened games outside of a B2GX sale or an otherwise good sale. I'm usually pretty good about playing games when I receive them, except in instances when multiple games are bought at once or I'm saving games for an occasion (i.e. long trips). Like right now, I have FFIV unopened, but only because I'm saving it for a long Thanksgiving drive with family.

thanks to CAG half my games are still sealed. Since I recently decided to finish the games I have open they're gonna stay that way for a bit longer.

This poll should reflect 1-5 unopened vs 10+ unopened. I bought a PS2 for the DVD player and Ace Combat 04 last year.. Since then I've slowly and accidentally built up a PS2 collection because of great clearance deals. So 90% of my PS2 collection (about 20) is sealed.

I currently have The Orange Box and The Witcher from LAST Christmas. I got spoiled with 5 of the top 10 games from last year, and a new Wii for my girlfriend. Too much to play, so I am behind:cry:. Even worse is I just bought Wii Guitar Hero Aerosmith and World Tour, as well as Crysis Warhead. Happy birthday to me:). Tell your unopened box stories. Oh yeah, I worked 3 jobs this past year. No time to play.

Thanks to CAG, I had quite a few unopened games last winter due to the crap load of sales from Black Friday throughout Christmas. One day I just said fuck it, opened the unopened games, and played each from 15-30 min.

Ironically, I ended up tradin' in 38 games over the summer with most of those last winter purchases bein' thrown in the pile lol. Impulse buyin' off the strengh of a sale is not a good look for me. No sense in buyin' if I honestly know I'm not goin' to play the game even if I do have free time to play it.

But no, I don't have anymore unopened games...and it will stay that way :cool:

I've got several unopened games, all from Black Friday last year or from Gamestop's Game Days sale this summer. Other than that, I buy about 90% my games used, so I have a TON of opened, but unplayed games.

bread's done
Back