CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

is anyone else having problems connecting to a match other than "matchmaking while you play arcade"? I try quick match no luck I try custom match no luck... I start up arcade one hit in and bam I have a challenger. Then to make matter that much better it ignores my settings of Same level and pair me up with someone who is a 2nd or 3rd lord :/

[quote name='j-cart']Dear MvC3,

I'm still having execution problems.

Yours truly,

j-cart[/QUOTE]maaaaaaaan seriously.

like Im here with my doods and I kno what I wanna do, but it just isnt coming out o_O

also this game doesnt have negative edge... or I think it doesnt, gotta double check

Nah, no neg edge. I kinda would prefer it (would make double tapping much more effective), but I guess it was sometimes a problem in mvc2 when some specials come out when unwanted.

But is it a consensus that online/netplay is horrible. I see on some videos people saying that online is fine, though others say it is downright bad. From my perspective it's definitely worse than SF4.

[quote name='option.iv']But is it a consensus that online/netplay is horrible. I see on some videos people saying that online is fine, though others say it is downright bad. From my perspective it's definitely worse than SF4.[/QUOTE]

follow the kof12 rule, just play people in your state.

ggs esper. i found it funny that i won any games since i only know one character.

for online, i set: same, english, same
I search ranked custom; I've played 20+ ranked matches, no lag to little lag.
I also searched player matches; definitely no lag for these.

There are just problems connecting to a match. About 30% of the time you get a "can't connect" error and it pops you back to the online menu.

I agree with anathema. So far I've had good connections for the most part but i've also experienced that failed to connect message more than I like since it takes you back and you have to reload again.
Now that I've finally given up on zero i'm trying a good team that works well together but its harder than I though it would be.

[quote name='JEKKI']also this game doesnt have negative edge... or I think it doesnt, gotta double check[/QUOTE]
[quote name='option.iv']Nah, no neg edge. I kinda would prefer it (would make double tapping much more effective), but I guess it was sometimes a problem in mvc2 when some specials come out when unwanted.[/QUOTE]

MvC3 does kinda have negative edge, but only the assist buttons can do it.

Well, i decided to put my MVC3 SE on Craigslist for trade for normal MVC3 + cash and got it traded in 30 minutes. So now i have MVC3 normal edition and finally been playing it. The first time i went through arcade mode, literally no joke, it took me 6 tries to beat the last boss. Keep in mind ive beaten the game multiple times offline at a buddies house without a thought, so this put me into omega rage mode because all i wanted was to unlock my third team member (sentinel). After, finally finished it, then beat it again accept it took me one try this time.

Got my team setup and went online, played 1 ranked match with someone else who was 0 and 0 like i was, which i appreciate as good matchmaking. Won the match thanks to the mango sentinal. Turned it off so i could calm down since i was still furious from the glitched cpu boss that wouldnt let me kill him 6 times in a effing row. Ill be back on tonight.

[quote name='enufs8d']follow the kof12 rule, just play people in your state.

ggs esper. i found it funny that i won any games since i only know one character.[/QUOTE]

ggs wotcher. I had fun picking random teams I never thought would work. Plus, it was funny watching trophy after trophy pop up last night. I didn't even know what was going on, lol. After our matches, I think I might consider picking up Hagger, Chris, Wolverine, or Hulk.

If I were you, stick with Ryu and Arthur to go along your point(CapAm). I've seen those two more often on mixed teams. Also, if you plan to use your hyper frequently, pick up Morrigan and her meter-building assist. You seem to deplete your hyper bar by the time you reach mid-match.

to beat the boss and the fight before it, put sentinel on your team. if you feel that your defense is good, put morrigan(dark harmonizer) on your team to build meter.

have sentinel super jump and hit M H S then rinse and repeat, when he goes in the for grab, super jump, fly and hold up.

when you are at your last guy you want to win with, just xf and spam supers and win.

So I was looking at the sing up sheet and I noticed that a large amount of people own a stick. Should I get one? In your opinions was it worth it? I've been wanting to get one for a while but it's quite a bit of money to invest so I'm still not sure.

I'm surprised I don't see anyone else using spencer. Hes so powerful and his bionic lancer is so fast it can beat out most other hypers. Also his grapple dash allows very easy cross ups. I've been using him on my teams and most people have no idea how to handle him.

F Bomb: Good Games. Solid Ammy and X-23. Hagger is fine on your team, but on point he just feels like a free kill. You did make my Wesker look like chump change. My Dormmamu is still a very much work in progress. Need to find a way to keep his charges up, but his dark holes are easy catches for hypers.

As for Stick vs Pad. It pretty much comes down to what you are most comfortable with. If you can do the combos on a Pad, keep at it. Switching to a stick will be going backwards, since you will have to learn the movements with your hands and fingers all over again. I play on a Stick and it is still a learn process for me.

Looking forward to our next games.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']I'm surprised I don't see anyone else using spencer. Hes so powerful and his bionic lancer is so fast it can beat out most other hypers. Also his grapple dash allows very easy cross ups. I've been using him on my teams and most people have no idea how to handle him.[/QUOTE]

I find that following up his OTG grab after a knockdown into bionic arm super is near impossible online, so that kinda killed it for me. =\

Im now 43 and 10 online with mvc3, not doin too shabby if i say so myself. Considering how TERRIBLE i was at MVC2, i have to say im enjoying MVC3 100x more then i ever imagined. My main issue is i cant finish up the combo with dante after the relaunch, i do m, h and then its QCF h, but i end up pressing h 2 times and that stupid move where he twirls around comes out and i cant finish it 90% of the time. Might have to find an alternative to the 2nd launch setup.

That said, i can do OTG's for storm/sent 90+% of the time, which does big damage and super fun. Lovin it.

[quote name='j-cart']F Bomb: Good Games. Solid Ammy and X-23. Hagger is fine on your team, but on point he just feels like a free kill. You did make my Wesker look like chump change. My Dormmamu is still a very much work in progress. Need to find a way to keep his charges up, but his dark holes are easy catches for hypers.

As for Stick vs Pad. It pretty much comes down to what you are most comfortable with. If you can do the combos on a Pad, keep at it. Switching to a stick will be going backwards, since you will have to learn the movements with your hands and fingers all over again. I play on a Stick and it is still a learn process for me.

Looking forward to our next games.[/QUOTE]
Good games j-cart. Though you say Dorm's a work progress you still did very well with him. I felt like I couldn't really get in at all. Every time I did I got pushed right back out. Also I'm surprise at all the stuff super skrull could do. I didn't even know he had a teleport. And yeah I picked up Haggar yesterday so I made him my point because I need more time using him to learn him. Even then I had matches where I didn't do bad with him. I think you made him free lol

Super Skrull's "teleport" is just an attack that he launches from the ground to air. You can punish on block very easily. But if I connect, free hyper.

Dormammu: I forgot about his liberation stuff, teleport, 8 way dash, and his column beam. But after sitting a bit more in the lab, Dormammu is an awesome keep away character. More of a predicting keep away type character.

Haggar's jumping pipe is an amazing attack, that is his abuse attack I think. He was only free because you never used his lariat, get off my special. He does seem like a great addition to your team.

[quote name='j-cart']Super Skrull's "teleport" is just an attack that he launches from the ground to air. You can punish on block very easily. But if I connect, free hyper.

Dormammu: I forgot about his liberation stuff, teleport, 8 way dash, and his column beam. But after sitting a bit more in the lab, Dormammu is an awesome keep away character. More of a predicting keep away type character.

Haggar's jumping pipe is an amazing attack, that is his abuse attack I think. He was only free because you never used his lariat, get off my special. He does seem like a great addition to your team.[/QUOTE]
Oh snap sounds like dorm's going to be even harder to deal with XD and you were right once I embraced the pipe as a mother does a newborn my wins started going up. But i feel like i'm starting to get reliant and dare I say addicted to the pipe.
Also GGs anathema. your team is still a steel fortress but i'm starting to break through. I was kinda disappointed with the last match. It felt like once it got down to our last characters the fight was barely getting started and bam time over :( Oh well u definitely deserved that win. Very well played.
P.S. I don't know why but whenever I try to pronounce your name i think of anatomy which probably isn't even close lol

here's some haggar/trish/sent play from WNF, against tron/x23/morrigan
/watch?v=kOVCpbupr_4#t=1h0m47s

Tron needs no lag to confirm those j.H and haggar has like 2 hours to confirm j. 2H
didn't really like any of our games, we were fighting lag and not each other

edit: so I played a bit more online, tron loses to a bunch of fast supers like wesker and ryu's. they just punish j.H

Last edited by a moderator:
Added my name to the list for MvC3. I think I'm pretty decent and primarily play with Trish/Haggar/Dormammu. I also play with Chris and Phoenix every now and then. I also have it on Xbox and prefer to play it there since I have a stick, but I split time on both depending on which room my wife lets me play in...... So feel free to add me and challenge me whenever I'm online.

[quote name='anathema728']here's some haggar/trish/sent play from WNF, against tron/x23/morrigan
/watch?v=kOVCpbupr_4#t=1h0m47s

Tron needs no lag to confirm those j.H and haggar has like 2 hours to confirm j. 2H
didn't really like any of our games, we were fighting lag and not each other

edit: so I played a bit more online, tron loses to a bunch of fast supers like wesker and ryu's. they just punish j.H[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah that's from the wnf. That guy makes it look easy but then again maybe I suck XD If you havent seen it u should check it out. The guy using tron and x-23 played similar to you and pretty much wrecked everybody and only lost to this guy. And about our games I took them for what they were rather than see them as a waste of time.

Magneto combos look cool, not so much when you do them... online.
(My online combo - launch, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S xx mag. shockwave) - Less dmg output. Shitty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_MNlDvMuQ

Throw, x-factor, wavedash, cr.L, cr.M, cr.H, cr.S xx sj.H xx flight, j.L, j.M, j.H xx airdash j.M, j.H xx airdash j.M, j.H xx airdash j.M, j.H, j.S xx gravity squeeze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZYO1HI-u1I

1. Tri-jump M, cr.L, cr.M, cr.H, cr.S xx sj.H xx airdash j.M, j.H, (hold up fwd.) j.H xx airdash j.M, j.H. (land) st.H xx Light Hyper Grav. st.H, st.S xx sj.M, j.M, j.H, j.S xx gravity squeeze - 868,500 dmg.

2. Same thing, w/ x-factor - 1,583,700 dmg.

3. Same thing, w/ x-factor and included assist - 1,615,100 dmg.

awesome combos. Magneto looks great for pulling off big damage especially with "Gravity Squeeze MuaHAahahaHAaha!!!". The only thing that bugs me about combos is that they are not as rewarding as I thought they would be. I practiced amaterasu's missions enough to be be able to pull them off in a match but I noticed they weren't doing big damage like I thought they would. So I go into training mode and find that her mission 10 only does 20,000 more than her basic BnB :/ needless to say I was disappointed. So I'm sticking to mashing heavy attack.

[quote name='option.iv']ggs jman and esper, it's going to take me a while to get used to teh lag.[/QUOTE]

It was a lot better from CA to NC than I expected it to be. GG'S

[quote name='option.iv']Good games jcart and fbomb. Good to play some online, even though it's asss.[/QUOTE]
GGs option. I was clearly outclassed the whole time. I need step up my game before I face you again.

ggs anathema and before u say it. yes online is ass but i still had fun :)
oh and option I cant get hype for something I cant have :( (non plus member)

It's just out a week earlier for +. I believe the demo is public a week later.

edit: Good games yesterday/last night jcart and prisonerac.

Good games option.iv. Sorry I am horrible at the game. I tend to spam Chun-li's lightning legs to make up for my lack of skill. I felt like you let me have that Dark Phoenix win because I was doing so horrible. Your Tron is pretty awesome though :whistle2:D

Nah Dark Phoenix is too good, I seriously don't know what to do against her. Nothing wrong with Chun legs, if you know what I'm saying.

Welcome to the thread btt.

In other news, Mortal Kombat demo is out for those who have PSN+. I'll dl it, try it out, and post my impressions in a few.

So basically lag does not affect option, he beasted me with an uncanny 92 hit kill combo. It was good games. Tron is my only problem (and my inability to super jump). I felt like there were times were you got overheads when it shouldn't have happened and times where an advanced guard should have happened. But alas I got rocked.

I'm happy to report I have completed Spencer and Super Skull's missions. Next up is my assist and battery characters to figure out. Totally digging Trish, but double jumps are a weird mechanic for me.

PLEASE post your MK9 thoughts.

(if you are totally down for it option, I'll pay for your entrance fee for each game at EVO2k11. You pay the cover, I'll pay for every game you want to enter. I have that much faith in you.)

[quote name='j-cart']So basically lag does not affect option[/QUOTE]

He plays on wireless, he's used to it.

[quote name='j-cart']PLEASE post your MK9 thoughts.[/QUOTE]

It fucking sucks.

[quote name='j-cart']I'm happy to report I have completed Spencer and Super Skull's missions. Next up is my assist and battery characters to figure out. Totally digging Trish, but double jumps are a weird mechanic for me.

(if you are totally down for it option, I'll pay for your entrance fee for each game at EVO2k11. You pay the cover, I'll pay for every game you want to enter. I have that much faith in you.)[/QUOTE]

Great games j-cart. I was able to learn a couple things since I barely see anyone play spencer. He's like a black spiderman, haha. And thanks for the offer, but I honestly suck. I'm just an online warrior. Though I'll try and make Evo this year. at least just to spec.

As for chars to pick. Tron is a pretty good battery. She can build up two meters with one combo. As for assist, all of Doom's assists are beastly. Zero is a fairly good battery as well, but I'd rather use him as a glass cannon type.

[quote name='distgfx']It fucking sucks.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I thought the demo was fine. Honestly I don't know how to play MK. That whole blocking with a button mechanic is news to me. I didn't grow up playing MK back then. When I did play it, it was just button mashing and I didn't know what I was doing.

The game looks really nice and looks like good dirty fun. Now that I've actually tried it, I'm looking forward to it. This game really does justice to the MK of old, I think. Moves are fairly simple, but there's still a learning curve. I'd like to hear Paco's impressions on the game since I apparently only know how to play Street Fighter.

Mileena is also hawt ... and scary...

First time I ever had 3 perfects happen in one match. Was facing a Makoto, and I feel her and Sakura have the same "rape or get raped" character philosophy.

The 3rd perfect was mine :cool:

I just bought MvC3 on Saturday and finally got to sit down with it on Sunday. I have little to no experience with the series but figured playing an complete ass-load of SFIV and SSFIV would come in handy. It does, to a point, but this game seems so much more complicated.

Shuma-Gorath and Jill are available to download. Tested myself. Down to session now. Send me a msg.

Been trying to finish Mass Effect 2, now its finished I can focus on MVC 3. I'm having trouble executing more difficult combos on pad (Saturn Pad), I can do basics ( L-M-H-S-Air M-Air M-Hyper, or some variation of that) and can't seem to execute a tri jump. Any tips on how to improve will be much appreciated.

Just tried out Jill, and I couldn't get that infinite to work...
down-down-S-L-down-down-S-L...

Her hyper's seems lack luster at moment, her hadoken motion hyper seems to be only good for reversals and antiair, her shoryuken motion hyper seems to be better (but can't figure out a good set up to use it), not sure what to do with her 'twitchy' hyper.

She seems to have great priority and range for normals, and her teleport seems effective against zoning characters.

What do you guys think of Jill so far?

For tri jumping, hit up forward then down forward + 2 attack buttons. Timing varies for each character that can do this of course. There are usually height restriction so sometimes you have to let the jump go a little higher. Once you get this down, start incorporating super jump then down forward + 2 attacks. Super jump gets you past any height restriction on air dashes much faster.

As for Jill, not really digging her, she kinda feels like another Wesker char with stance based moves. Well, was never a fan of the teleport chars in this game. Her assists seem kind of meh.

Shuma is looking ok. His lazer assist is godlike. But in the end, I'm probably not going to learn either of these chars.

bread's done
Back