CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

Yeah before learning meatys and combo you should be learning which punch or kick is your go to in any situation. Id focus on spacing, pokes and countering the most commonly spammed moves(like shoryuken). I also think its important at the beginning to learn to not jump all the time and leaning on special moves, these are common bad habits that you should not get into.

Im down to just screw around and show you some stuff if you want, while we are playing you can pm me here.

Doubt anyone cares, but a patch is out for Street Fighter X Tekken.

Added cross play functionality

Lei

• Combo limit on Orchid Palm (M) has been adjusted, and also number of times it can hit has been decreased.
Blanka

• Push back on hit/block from Electric Thunder (L, M, H, EX) when hitting from behind has been adjusted.
Christie

• Christie’s jump startup properties have been fixed to be the same as other characters.
Bryan

• Combo limit on Fisherman’s Slam (M, H) has been adjusted.
  • Fisherman’s Slam -> Atomic Throw -> cr. LP xα combo no longer continues.

At least when you search you have the option to search PS3 systems only or search PS3/Vita.

Guilty Gear came out on 360. The netcode fuckING SUCKS. It is worthless and even WORSE then KOF 12. And I knew it would be. Only proves Aksys designed Blazblue and Persona around online limitations rather than making a real arcade game. DAN SHRUG

Dan.jpg

[quote name='Paco']Guilty Gear came out on 360. The netcode fuckING SUCKS. It is worthless and even WORSE then KOF 12. And I knew it would be. Only proves Aksys designed Blazblue and Persona around online limitations rather than making a real arcade game. DAN SHRUG

Dan.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Your user name on neogaf makes me :lol:

[quote name='mrcheeses']Finally got my platinum in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 :D "All Hail the Tekken Lord" took a while to get.[/QUOTE]

Wow

nothing.gif

LOL Tekken

Well it is pretty much nothing since the online trophies are easy to get and the AI is super easy to beat in offline mode. Still took some time to get that last one though.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Well it is pretty much nothing since the online trophies are easy to get and the AI is super easy to beat in offline mode. Still took some time to get that last one though.[/QUOTE]

the only games u play are tekken and re6 dude. thats all u play lol

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I didn't care much for AH3... So how about no? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Fine then. You're in for one.

original.0

I just got a Asus VW246H monitor (i actually went dual monitor) and its absolutely amazing how much better it feels for fighting games (and fps). No lag makes a huge difference.

[quote name='Paco']Got a picture of Jman playing Sony Smash Bros on the shitter.

ce1bc.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Gotta make that money somehow. I had a black dress, but they wouldn't let me use that one. They said it needed to be pink so it would look like the fat princess which I could understand, but I wanted to wear the black one and have my dick hanging out... They said that would be bad for business. So I was like whatever...

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Damn, Jman's hot.

Call me.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic

Here are my initial thoughts on the game:

+Netcode is very good. No real input delay, however, rollback based. Worse the connection, more apparent the rollbacks. Personally I much prefer this approach.
+Cast is 20 deep, soon to be 22 with free DLC chars.
+In game stages and graphics look great.
+Gameplay/Mechanics are solid.
+Tons of unlockables.
+Cross-buy with PS3 version. (Doesn't matter to me as I do not have a vita)
+Controls are simple yet varied, as expected of a brawler. More moves than SSB as square, triangle and circle are used for attacks.
+The unlocks don't feel like a chore, and actually want me to keep playing. Though this might be due to how easy they are. It's just a matter of leveling up.

Now, the negatives, which I'm sure most reviewers docked the game on:
-Presentation looks like ass, specifically the menu screens. They are basically cropped pictures of the characters on a gradient background. I could've made it in photoshop. Because of this, coupled with the music, it has a real generic feel to it. However, in game looks great none-theless
- Arcade/story mode is basically still pictures. Only rendered scenes are the rival cutscenes.
- There are various glitches. Some I've experienced were picking a character and getting a different one. i.e. I pick Sir Dan and get Sackboy in game. So far this has only been with online. Also, a guy decided to be a jerk and play as Big Daddy and freeze everyone else. I have no idea how it was done, but I'm sure it's documented somewhere. Other than these, the game has been fairly solid.
- The game pretty much pushes you to play 2v2 or free for all online. Those are the only modes avail, at least for unranked. I hear ranked is only 2v2. No way to play 1v1 or custom game.
- The character specific challenges are basically copy pasta. It's the same challenges just, different character.

Other thoughts.
= I'm having a great time playing the game, sort of brings me back to days of smash melee, sans wavedashing.
= The game so far feels balanced. Though I really only play Nathan Drake and feel that Kratos is really powerful. Of course there are characters with better supers/killing ability, but I don't know how it all plays in the tier listing as of yet.
= There is short hopping in the game, just tap the button.
= Tons of Dante and Raiden fanboys.
= Canceling air moves with landing seems to be the most advanced tech atm. i.e. Drake's air moves recover faster as opposed to the ground versions.
= I thought rolling was going to be broken, but like in smash, characters aren't invulnerable the whole way. Just stick out a meaty or multi hitting attack on the end of the roll and they get tagged.
= The game definitely doesn't seem complex at all, and I am really unsure about it's competitive nature. But my guess is that the game won't be considered competitive with the likes of SF and Marvel.
= I personally like the character selection. I understand that they are at the same time promoting several IPs. People are poo-pooing the selection, i.e. "Sony y u no Crash Bandicoot". We should be amazed that Sony actually had a brawler as they definitely have much fewer characters to incorporate than Nintendo.
= The reason they may be pushing 2v2 is because 1v1 takes significantly longer. It's harder to tag someone with a super, since all they have to worry about it one person. Thus the match gets much longer. For example, I had a parter who was afk and died quickly. I actually fought back and boy did it take a long ass time just to kill those two people. I will predict that tournies will have 2v2 format, stock limit with a time limit in place, other wise, games will take ages if it ever boils down to 1v1.

Overall, I'm having a great time with the game. I feel like I'll actually play it, unlike recent fighters. Also it's something I can play with anyone and take a break from the competitive fighting games. Though I have a feeling the game will do mediocre and will prolly see a price drop early next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive never played a smash game, so i dont have any background to these types of games. I tried out the beta and it seemed fun, but i'd rather be playing calladoody or mahvel instead after a few sessions. Perhaps its cause im so unfamiliar with how im supposed to play it. The cross buy feature is the #1 thing for me, i want it for that alone since i use my vita a lot.

When I play the game time really does fly. It's one of those games you say to yourself you're only going to play for a little. Then you wind up playing much longer and you wake up in bed at a Las Vegas hotel next to a fat man in a Fat Princess costume.

You'll see a bunch of posts out there where people are just having a good time with the game and losing track of time.

Ah, the good ol' days of Smash 'til Dawn (S.T.D.)

First off, I hated the beta, I said it was too floaty and at the time, netcode was horrible. It was most likely because they were still tweaking the netplay and I could really only play a handful of chars. Parappa just didn't click with me and gave me a bad taste in the mouth.

Fast forward to today. The controls don't feel clunky at all. They feel very responsive. Again, this was most likely because I played Parappa and didn't have much time with the game. Netcode is amazing considering from how far it came and again, no input delay, just rollback if you have horrible connections. You won't see any complaints about netcode, aside from the people who don't have their network configured properly. But again, you'll see this complaint from everyone, Presentation is the biggest most obvious downfall of the game.

Something though that might be a turn off to everyone is that supers kill. Again, when it comes to 1v1 neutral game becomes much more critical. You have to land hits and not get hit, building your super meter before the other person. This lengthens the game much much more, and players become much more runaway and turtle-y in the race to supers.

Something else that I have to question is why doesn't Sony advertise the game much more? I'm sure not too many people knew about this game coming out.

Also, I'm still baffled why they got Street Fighter & Marvel players to work/give input on the game. It would make more sense to have people from the Smash Melee era like Ken, Forward or the various Japanese players of the past.

Seth's opinion on the game and Evo:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ely-deserves-be-evo-ill-say-without-question/

Preview from WNF (2 weeks ago).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqwKF5Mi6xs

Well, GGXXAccent Core Plus released on PSN.

I'll personally wait for more impressions on this game. I keep hearing the netcode is ass.

Can someone help.?

I posted in the capcom forums but still no answer.

How do I get the 12 characters in street fighter x tekken?

I know there was a glitch with the codes included in the vita version.

Supposedly you be given access to them for buyingthe vita game back in October. But still nothing

[quote name='Paco']This thread is only dead because you option selected onto PC.[/QUOTE]
PC MASTER RACE!
[quote name='mrcheeses']I borrowed All Stars. I didn't have much fun with it. Prefer Smash Bros.[/QUOTE]
All Stars was definitely flavor of the week. Too many fighting games.

[quote name='option.iv']PC MASTER RACE!

All Stars was definitely flavor of the week. Too many fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Too old for PC Master Race now. Should have told me that back in 1996-2002 when I did PC game.

I just have game night now with friends and that's good enough. Ribs, Dranks, A black cat that seems to hate on everyone. Classic times.

I really want to play fighters more, but the salt mines get full so fast. I just play calladoody. Also, 1 year at the gym now, its so good, still so hyped every time i go.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I really want to play fighters more, but the salt mines get full so fast. I just play calladoody. Also, 1 year at the gym now, its so good, still so hyped every time i go.[/QUOTE]

Calladooty, and the GYM? Only one thing is appropriate for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnRV2fWHiU

[quote name='D_Icon']Can someone help.?

How do I get the 12 characters in street fighter x tekken?

[/QUOTE]

two ways: 1st - purchase the vita version with packaging marked with extra characters. this will unlock them on both ps3 and vita. 2nd - buy it on psn.

Injustice is 34.99 this week at Toysrus. Price matching it at Wal-mart is hit or miss. That would be your best bet if you wanted it. Then get rid of the useless dlc code on ebay before the price keeps going down. Seems like the dlc still goes for around 20 on ebay unless it dropped again.

Injustice is going to be 9.99 during a Gamestop power hour. I recommend you buying it.

Tuesday 6/4 12pm-1pm CST

I got it for around 8 bucks a day after release so this doesn't bother me.:cool:

If it is like the last power hour it will be sold out in 30 seconds anyway.

What's up everywan. Just wanted to chime in since the new board layout.

Lately I've only been playing playing AE on the PC. I just can't bring myself to go back to the ways of the Mexican PC.

Anyone psyched for GG Xrd?

What's up everywan. Just wanted to chime in since the new board layout.

Lately I've only been playing playing AE on the PC. I just can't bring myself to go back to the ways of the Mexican PC.

Anyone psyched for GG Xrd?

Wrong. A Mexican pc is a laptop that only plays kof on ggpo

bread's done
Back