CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

King Of Fighters XIII is going to be free for Playstation Plus members starting tomorrow.

At least that means more people will be playing it online if nothing else.

Might as well get rid of the disc version. *throws game and soundtrack on ebay* ^_^

Ended up buying Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and got Persona 4 Arena last Monday.

Still can't get over how amazing the netcode is for Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']King Of Fighters XIII is going to be free for Playstation Plus members starting tomorrow.

At least that means more people will be playing it online if nothing else.

Might as well get rid of the disc version. *throws game and soundtrack on ebay* ^_^

Ended up buying Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and got Persona 4 Arena last Monday.

Still can't get over how amazing the netcode is for Tekken Tag Tournament 2.[/QUOTE]

It's your chance now Jman! Time to fight Noobs on the Noob Toob and get those newbies.

[quote name='Paco']It's your chance now Jman! Time to fight Noobs on the Noob Toob and get those newbies.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. My copy already sold on ebay. That was fast. :lol:

The even better part is I can't believe what I got out of it.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Indeed. My copy already sold on ebay. That was fast. :lol:

The even better part is I can't believe what I got out of it.[/QUOTE]

Of course. Mexicans love their KOFS.

First Tekken DLC (all DLC is free except for maybe future costumes) update tomorrow :

Characters: Miharu, Sebastian, Slim Bob
Stages: 4 new stages
Customization menu: New Print customization and equipment functionality and hair.
Arcade mode made easier for noobs.

and we also get World Arena whatever that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
time to dust off my stick so Paco can whoop me up on KOF13 or we can freeze/lag in place and then I can find my characters lying in a pile of burrito wrappers

Anyone up for games on PSN for KOF 13 go ahead and send me a message. I'll be playing later today and most likely tomorrow.

Anyone having issues with matchmaking in umvc3? better question, anyone still play it? The player update screen takes several minutes to get past and finding a match takes ages.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Anyone having issues with matchmaking in umvc3? better question, anyone still play it? The player update screen takes several minutes to get past and finding a match takes ages.[/QUOTE]
Player update takes a while for me as well. It's not just you. People still play, at least in the lower levels.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']How long it been going on for? I havent played in a while but didnt have to get a new patch or anything, I wonder what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't take me long to find matches in it. The update thing does take a little while sometimes, but not always.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']How long it been going on for? I havent played in a while but didnt have to get a new patch or anything, I wonder what the deal is.[/QUOTE]
I'm not quite sure, but I've noticed the long player update within the past couple of weeks to a month. I haven't really played before that though.

DoA improved online undergoing certification
http://shoryuken.com/2012/10/10/dea...ent-patch-currently-undergoing-certification/

I havent gotten any really long waits recently but I havent seen a single fast match up. Good to see that after a few months off weskers are still doing the same silly shit.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']I havent gotten any really long waits recently but I havent seen a single fast match up. Good to see that after a few months off weskers are still doing the same silly shit.[/QUOTE]
When teleports become 50/50 mixups because of input delay and lag, yeah people will still do the same thing.

Hey Option
ICdeQ.jpg

SFxT2013 announced (free update) and Darkstalkers Resurrection (Bundled 1 and 3).

Everyone was really clammoring for a new Darkstalkers game, but I'm sure Capcom is just taking the safe route to see how Darkstalkers does out in this saturated market. But seriously, why keep updating SFxT... They should just acknowledge it as a failure and move on.

TTT2 Wii u is going to sell like 8 copies, probably become a collectors item of sorts due to how rare it will be.

And im glad they're trying to salvage SFxT, at least they're trying and not saying "oh well, we got your money, go eff yourselfs since we screwed up!".

SFxT has a online community still playing it, and the more support they throw at it, the better it looks like they wont abandon a game immediately in the future.

[quote name='blitz6speed']TTT2 Wii u is going to sell like 8 copies, probably become a collectors item of sorts due to how rare it will be.

And im glad they're trying to salvage SFxT, at least they're trying and not saying "oh well, we got your money, go eff yourselfs since we screwed up!".

SFxT has a online community still playing it, and the more support they throw at it, the better it looks like they wont abandon a game immediately in the future.[/QUOTE]

That will never change the fact that the game fuckING SUCKS. Time to bring it back.

DofDR.gif

[quote name='Paco']That will never change the fact that the game fuckING SUCKS. Time to bring it back.

DofDR.gif
[/QUOTE]

There is worse fighters like Shaq-fu and Rise Of The Robots. :lol:

It wasn't that great though. I would still play it every now and then since I paid so much for it... :whistle2:#

I agree. Street Figher vs Tekken was... not gonna say it in case another argument comes up -_-

Im looking forward to Tekken vs Street Fighter on the other hand.

Never even played it.
I have very little issue with Wesker on the regular, especially once I get back into the groove of the game. Not enough people are protecting the teleport enough so they stay free to lariats. I know his tricks which makes him much more manageable against most but a well timed doom beam assist can mess me up. I of course lose to lag sometimes and xf4 wesker is still annoying with any lag but ive still got tools with each of my characters to deal with that.

[quote name='mrcheeses']I agree. Street Figher vs Tekken was... not gonna say it in case another argument comes up -_-

Im looking forward to Tekken vs Street Fighter on the other hand.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that great, but as long as Rise Of The Robots and Shaq-fu exist it isn't no where near the worst fighter.

I'll still play it every now and then. Fired up the Wii a few days ago and played TVC. I still wish TVC would come to PS3 or they would just make a TVC2 even though we got UMVC3.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I got about 38 games via the Origin giveaway, now my backlog of 400 is +38![/QUOTE]
Why do you post that crap in here. This isn't bragging rights and has nothing to do with PC. No one cares if you exploited Origin and their shitty platform.

[quote name='option.iv']Why do you post that crap in here. This isn't bragging rights and has nothing to do with PC. No one cares if you exploited Origin and their shitty platform.[/QUOTE]

This

Boasting about a PC Backlog isn't something to be proud of. It's just ePeen without the bonus of showing off a real collection. Elibraries are laughable. My discs laugh at your digital content that mean nothing in the end. Gonna hook up my laserdisc player now bruh. Check this shit out.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I sold my disc based backlog. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I would, but I got the Super Rare NADA III

Hey guys super noob to the fighting game scene here. My friend got me into sfIV recently so I just picked it up, but with our conflicting schedules he rarely has time to tutor me. Can anyone pm me a good place to start for a noob like videos and such? My friend mentioned SRK website I have to check out.

[quote name='raiden_86']Hey guys super noob to the fighting game scene here. My friend got me into sfIV recently so I just picked it up, but with our conflicting schedules he rarely has time to tutor me. Can anyone pm me a good place to start for a noob like videos and such? My friend mentioned SRK website I have to check out.[/QUOTE]
Also try eventhubs.com. Also if you ever need advice I can give some. Feel free to pm.

Options playstyle is to frustrate you till you lose out of rage. Dont go to the darkside like he did.

I got a Hauppauge HD PVR so that i could play games while being on the desktop, and the damn thing lags like CRAZY, the only way to play without lag is to use the component out. Absurd. I wanted to try my hand at streaming as well, not sure what im gonna do with it yet. I got it dirt cheap.

Im kinda looking forward to SFxT Vita, i hope it hits around 20 quick. Speaking of which, i hear that you can get TTT2 for 19.99 at best buy, if its true im going to go pick it up tomorrow. No way i was spending 60+ tax on a game with a online pass, but 20 is fine.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Options playstyle is to frustrate you till you lose out of rage. Dont go to the darkside like he did.

I got a Hauppauge HD PVR so that i could play games while being on the desktop, and the damn thing lags like CRAZY, the only way to play without lag is to use the component out. Absurd. I wanted to try my hand at streaming as well, not sure what im gonna do with it yet. I got it dirt cheap.

Im kinda looking forward to SFxT Vita, i hope it hits around 20 quick. Speaking of which, i hear that you can get TTT2 for 19.99 at best buy, if its true im going to go pick it up tomorrow. No way i was spending 60+ tax on a game with a online pass, but 20 is fine.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any post at all about getting TTT2 for 19.99 at best buy. Plus on the website its still 59.99 Its way to soon for it to be 19.99

[quote name='raiden_86']Hey guys super noob to the fighting game scene here. My friend got me into sfIV recently so I just picked it up, but with our conflicting schedules he rarely has time to tutor me. Can anyone pm me a good place to start for a noob like videos and such? My friend mentioned SRK website I have to check out.[/QUOTE]
I havent played SF in almost a year and was never really good at it but Im down to play some rounds. I know my fundamentals that will help with all fighting games and I finally have a mic now so I can pass along that knowledge. PSN- Hammik. Who are you playing with mostly right now?

Anyone gonna mess with the ps allstars beta? I used to praise smash bros because it allowed me to play a "fighting game" with my friends who wont play me in other games. Then I met some kids who played it like I play mvc and just put the controller down and said fuck that game. Im really only interested in allstars to play with my girlfriend and anyone we have over.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Options playstyle is to frustrate you till you lose out of rage. Dont go to the darkside like he did. [/QUOTE]
It's not. It's just a by product of your own playstyle. I play the game with a plan while you just mash butans.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I don't see any post at all about getting TTT2 for 19.99 at best buy. Plus on the website its still 59.99 Its way to soon for it to be 19.99[/QUOTE]
YMMV, basically you price match an online retailer (I assume amazon or newegg) and then use the coupon in addition. They technically do not have any terms against this in BB's new online retailer price match guarantee. Though this would have to be overridden by manager most likely who will most of the time decline it. Again, not a "true" deal and basically another exploit.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Anyone gonna mess with the ps allstars beta? I used to praise smash bros because it allowed me to play a "fighting game" with my friends who wont play me in other games. Then I met some kids who played it like I play mvc and just put the controller down and said fuck that game. Im really only interested in allstars to play with my girlfriend and anyone we have over.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried the beta? The game plays nothing like Smash melee or brawl for that matter. It feels like a Chinese clone/ripoff which is exactly what it is. There just so happens to be "famous" people backing/supporting/working on the game, but that doesn't change the fact that the game plays like ass.

Yeah ive been playing it since my post. I feel like Im just getting beat on and then the game ends Ive won. not a fan so far, i dont feel like i can get the character to do what i want.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Yeah ive been playing it since my post. I feel like Im just getting beat on and then the game ends Ive won. not a fan so far, i dont feel like i can get the character to do what i want.[/QUOTE]
You are not alone, that's exactly how it feels when I play it.

The funniest part is I was able to do a quasi-lightning loop with sly in the corner with explosives once, but I try the same thing and it wont work again. He has a bunch of moves that look like they should combo. Like anyones up [] looks completely pointless because you launch them but cant follow up which just puts them in a better situation to attack you from above. i dont know what they were thinking with this one.

[quote name='option.iv']Also try eventhubs.com. Also if you ever need advice I can give some. Feel free to pm.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks, I will definitely be pming you once I wrap my headed around the basics. I went to SRK last night and I was overwhelmed, but I think I get some of the ideas. I'm going to practice my 'meatys', 'bread n butter' & option select tonight. [quote name='OlDirtyBastard']I havent played SF in almost a year and was never really good at it but Im down to play some rounds. I know my fundamentals that will help with all fighting games and I finally have a mic now so I can pass along that knowledge. PSN- Hammik. Who are you playing with mostly right now?[/QUOTE]

I will be up for some match ups once I get a little more comfortable with the game, too bad I don't have a mic atm. I think its best for me to stick with a single character at first so I'm playing Ken. I'm looking at Fei Long or Cammy as a back up, maybe Viper.

[quote name='raiden_86']Awesome thanks, I will definitely be pming you once I wrap my headed around the basics. I went to SRK last night and I was overwhelmed, but I think I get some of the ideas. I'm going to practice my 'meatys', 'bread n butter' & option select tonight.[/QUOTE]
Those aren't basics. You want to go even basic-er.

bread's done
Back