CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

I haven't had a chance to try SingStar Dance yet; I've been trying all the Move demos and partaking in extra XP (Blur, RDR, Gears 2) events over the weekend. I played Fable 3 for a few hours tonight (my wife chatted all night on the phone, so tomorrow night might be a 'watch-TV-with-the-wife' night). As soon as I do play SingStar Dance, I'll let you know what I think.

[quote name='metaly']
I still want to go back and redo the final mission (actually probably the last few hours of the game) because a bunch of my crew ended up dying. If you don't mind some spoilers (they're probably all pretty minor at this point since you finished the game), you should read up on what factors affect who lives and dies during the last mission. At first I thought it was just "whoever you send here dies" like in ME1, but there's a lot more going on in ME2 and it's sort of cool.

Mass Effect 1 is still better, though. ;)
[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how I thought it was going to go
That is why I sent Zaheed into the first part as the second team leader thinking he was going to bite the dust.
, three members died, but I still want a everyone is alive save to import into the next game. I did look into the ideal scenario, and will probably go back and do that sometime closer to when the third game comes out. I am done with this series for a while.

Oh and your right, Mass Effect is the better game in every way

[quote name='metaly']Anyone up for some election night RDR/Uncharted/whatever? I could also do Split/Second or Lost Planet 2.[/QUOTE]

I could do any of those tonight. I'll be home around 10-10:30pm EST.

[quote name='metaly']At the risk of sounding like a certain someone, why would you get Activision's inevitably subpar Goldeneye sequel when you can play Rare's AMAZING Goldeneye sequel? ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, that Goldeneye "sequel" didn't have James Bond in it and, in most cases, James Bond is awesome.

Plus, it's Goldeneye...on the DS! Or Wii, maybe, with a cool gold classic controller!

[quote name='metaly']The useless machine is back! Now with more political metaphor.[/QUOTE]

Love it. Go vote, you fuckers.

You guys actually play anything last night?
I checked at 10, 10:30, and after 11 and no one was in RDR or LP2 so I went to bed. :lol:

I don't know about the rest of you, but last night I was watching election returns at home (guilty pleasure confession!)... That's got me pretty tired for today. :lol:

Yeah, I was bouncing back and forth between Election returns and playing God of War.

Oh, and Metaly and I played some imaginary DQ9 multiplayer. It was awesome.

I played some Uncharted to help distract me from election results. Did you know Meg Whitman is twice my age and I've voted more than she has? It's true.

Imaginary DQ9 was indeed awesome, though. We should pretend to do that more often.

[quote name='bmachine']Patapon 3 tomorrow! [/QUOTE]

Apparently, this isn't true.

Tech Gaming included in their list of this week's releases but Amazon says it comes out next March. :cry:

Sounds nice... Though I kinda wonder if, since WKC 2 is really the full WKC instead of the first half like 1 was, it'll get support after it comes out over here or we'll just get the final version and no support. :/

5132717924_a34e01b782_z.jpg

[quote name='mkernan']@metaly - This is Auditorium. It'll be this, but you know, on your TV, with Move support.

http://www.playauditorium.com/[/QUOTE]

That was pretty cool, sort of like Electroplankton but an actual game. I imagine it will look (and sound) amazing on a TV rather than all blurry on my computer monitor.

[quote name='bmachine']That was awesome. I just lost 45 minutes of my day. ;)

That's being adapted into a Move game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its coming to XBLA and PSN (w/ Move support). Its been around on the iPhone for quite a while now. It was supposed to come out Nov. 2nd, but didn't, so maybe this coming Tuesday I guess.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/29/auditorium-coming-to-psn-xbla-first-week-of-november/

Any iPhone/iPod Touch peeps, the game itself is free and contains 30 levels. There are 3 optional add-ons (which are $1 each and contain between 14-17 levels each).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auditorium/id333190756?mt=8

Open question for my GFB... who here likes (or thinks would like) the Worms games, AND doesn't already have Worms 2: Armageddon? ;) PM me if you fit this profile for a FREE share (1 left!)... ;) ;) ;)

EDIT: ALL GONE!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='freakyzeeky']Open question for my GFB... who here likes (or thinks would like) the Worms games, AND doesn't already have Worms 2: Armageddon? ;) PM me if you fit this profile for a FREE share (2 left!)... ;) ;) ;)[/QUOTE]

umm sure, I will play if given a share

[quote name='bmachine']
5132717924_a34e01b782_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Glad to see I didn't miss anything while I was out of town.

Also Randy I got that shirt, thanks man!

P.S. ME2 sux lol

Which one... the pink or the grey zipper one?
I have that skirt... only wear it when I go out on the weekend though. :cool:

hey i just got lost planet 2 and reddead zombie pack, if i can find some time to play real games i will get on again. been crazy busy with work/moving/etc.

[quote name='mguiddy']Which one... the pink or the grey zipper one?
I have that skirt... only wear it when I go out on the weekend though. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah....... that was a pretty awkwardly phrased response wasn't it.................

The pink one of course. :cool:

We had our SingStar Dance House Party over the weekend and it was pretty damn fun. For stupid photos of me and my friends making total asses of ourselves, see this Flickr set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkernan/sets/72157625211372075/

(the dancing part is a pretty good workout, evidenced by the pit stains one of the girls was sporting)

To make a long story short, if you've already got the gear and can gather up some friends and some beers, its a blast to make a night out of making asses of yourselves.

For more extended impressions (for freaky and anybody else who cares):
First off, my SingStar history: I barely have any. I never owned or played any of the PS2 iterations, but I do own the original PS3 SingStar. I played it briefly when I originally purchased it, but my music game tendencies quickly reverted back to Rock Band/RB2. I enjoyed it enough that I purchased 4 songs from the SingStore though (which I lost access to when I bought my slim.... that's really stupid and I need to call in and get that shit migrated one of these days). So, I like it enough to play it once in a blue moon, but I'm not a huge fan by any stretch of the imagination. Even though I had the game for about a week beforehand, I never even put the SingStar Dance disc in until the party.

If you've played any of the PS3 SingStar games, you'll be immediately at home with SS Dance - the menus are identical. Whether thats a good thing or a bad thing is up to you - I found it easy to navigate but occasionally difficult to understand what exactly I was doing. The actual gameplay itself is the same SingStar 2-player singing you're used to, plus two people dancing, each with a Move controller in hand. Because the orb on the Move needs to be in view of the PS Eye, the people singing need to kind of stand off to the sides a bit. My living room is fairly large, but my TV most certainly is not. Essentially, the bigger the area, the better. We were switching out people between every song and while the simple player-changes are pretty easy, you have to recalibrate the Move controllers every time you swap out dancers, which can get kind of annoying and can create a lull in the action. Knowing how the Move works from a technological standpoint, its completely understandable, but annoying nonetheless. Each person has to stand hands at their side, then point at the screen, then hold the Move near their chin. I got the hang of it pretty quickly, but it can be confusing for people who don't play games often (especially after 3-4 beers).

The song selection is pretty good; there were only 3-4 songs that I flat-out didn't recognize and I felt that the choices were well-suited for pretending to be a real dancer and making an ass out of yourself. I'm no dance expert or anything, but the choreography seemed to be pretty close to what is seen in the music videos...... watching two grown men do the marionette-on-a-string sort of moves seen in N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' made me laugh til it literally hurt. The songlist wasn't all that extensive, but I suppose that's where the SingStore comes in. It looks like you'll be able to purchase song upgrades for older tracks in order to add the Dance features (and guitar features for SingStar Guitar).

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had. Granted, a large part of my enjoyment probably came from the beer and having friends over, but the game itself is pretty solid. There are no huge surprises here and the game is pretty aptly-titled. If all you're looking for is a SingStar game that is pop-heavy and lets you act out the dance moves, then I think you'll be happy with it.

Pros:
-Seemingly-accurate choreography
-Good track list (for what it is - cheesy pop music)
-Move implementation seems pretty good
-Its a workout

Cons
-Seemingly-accurate choreography (I'm not a dancer. This is kind of hard.)
-Recalibration can get annoying if swapping out dancers often
-Still no wireless mics in the US? WTF?
-I don't think there is a way to export video clips out to the XMB videos folder (that's a problem with all the SingStar titles, I assume)
-Videos have to be manually saved after each performance, otherwise they're lost (pretty sure. Same for other SS games too)
-Its a workout (no seriously... everybody was kind of worn out toward the end and a couple even reported tummy trouble - having beer and pizza immediately beforehand probably wasn't the brightest idea)

Also... I kind of can't believe both of my kids slept though all that crap.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

:whee:

Looks good! :applause: I would imagine if your kids were awake to see a bunch of grown-ups dancing to cheesy pop music, they would have had a blast! :lol:

I might just end up getting this game sometime in the near future... I fact, I KNOW I will, since I have every SS title released here in the U.S., including Motown and Latino, and sans Country and the ABBA collection (not a fan of either, really). What Sony really needs to do is get those Wireless SingStar mics released here already... I own them, and all these stories I hear sometimes about interference with Wi-Fi devices and whatnot causing them to work improperly is a bunch of BS... But I digress! ;):lol:

I wonder if SingStar Guitar will fare as well as Dance, critically speaking... :)

Wooo I got some Donettes!

Anyone want to play some week-after-election-night commemorative Uncharted?

These things aren't related.

Edit: Now I want some pancakes.

I ordered Enslaved this morning.

...with the $20 credit I got from Black Ops. So yeah, if anybody ever winds up buying that, I have it too.

[quote name='metaly']Anyone want to play some week-after-election-night commemorative Uncharted?

These things aren't related.[/QUOTE]

I have to put together a shelf with my wife, but I'd be up for Uncharted after that.

I'm stuck in a hotel room in Scranton tonight.

I've got my DS if anyone wants to play some Mario Kart, Word Jong, or imaginary DQ9.

I'd like to play the campaign and that Nazi Zombie thing in Black Ops but I can probably wait for a price drop.

I'll be home on Weds night after 10pm EST to play some Undead Redemption.

...or Lost Planet 2. We need to play that one, as well.

Unfortunately I'm not able to play anything tonight (unless freaky is reading and wants to do some worms same time as yesterday :lol:) . Gotta get up too early to stay up late. :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back