CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

00235458-115475_600.jpg

[quote name='OneLetter']What a fun giveaway indeed. I've been planning this for months and I'm glad I can finally get it off the ground. :D[/QUOTE]

It's a nice (potential) gift to a few random folks from the community who have been devoted to RFG/RFA all along. I love it.

[quote name='OneLetter']What a fun giveaway indeed. I've been planning this for months and I'm glad I can finally get it off the ground. :D[/QUOTE]
This is one of the coolest things I've heard of a game developer doing

Man, if it wasn't for having to work on the 28th, I'd so enter that contest. Good job Volition, the more involved you are with the community, the better.

I'll be on RFG for a bit tonight. Getting close to 400k XP and then I think I'll retire the game and start the waiting for RFA. :)

Also this is totally random, but does anyone know what aihuman did to get banned? That guy barely ever talked, let alone posted offensive stuff.

aihuman is banned? That's crazy, I had no idea... I don't really know why it came to that.

He seems to have disappeared from Twitter as well :/

I hope one of us wins.

[quote name='metaly']

Also this is totally random, but does anyone know what aihuman did to get banned? That guy barely ever talked, let alone posted offensive stuff.[/QUOTE]

Say what? :shock: I really want to know how that happened.

When I read about the RF:A contest,
smirkd.gif

Maybe I'll get crazy and actually play RFG tonight. If not (or if some/all of us end early), I'd also be up for RDR or BFBC2 (or whatever else, really).

[quote name='metaly']So thanks to that Modern Combat: Modern Warfare (or whatever) trailer, I totally know who Gameloft are now. So this was pretty hilarious: The least imaginative video games.

I've watched a few and they need more quick hit-and-run guy.[/QUOTE]

"I need some backup here."

(if you don't know what we're talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJhAmwaiW8)

I noticed something funny about that video... I can't find it on Gameloft's YouTube channel, only a version that doesn't have those doofuses in it. Maybe they realized how terrible it was.

I've been familiar with Gameloft for a while because they have a ton of iPhone games and some low-budge console games. If the saying "you're either part of the problem or part of the solution" is true, then I'm definitely a part of the problem.

List of Gameloft games I own:

iPhone- Assassin's Creed - Altaïr's Chronicles, Splinter Cell Conviction, Prince of Persia, N.O.V.A., Let's Golf!, Gangstar: West Coast Hustle, Real Tennis, Terminator Salvation, Ferarri GT Evolution, Hero of Sparta, and I probably missed one or two. Granted, I got these all when they were either $1 or free.

PS3 - Uno, Tank Battles

As you can see, not only do they excel at cloning popular games, but also in making watered-down licensed ports. Wow, this thread isn't generally know for being on-topic, but that was pretty damn off-topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
They made uno... we need to play uno again and have a multi hour long hand again.

Also, I'd sign up for the contest but don't feel like getting raped by TSA if I won.

Ahaha I just had to watch that trailer again. I feel kind of bad ripping on them since those guys are probably all devs and not professional actors (right...?), but oh god. The smirk is too much. If I ever ran into hit 'n' run guy somewhere I'd have to give him a hug.

[quote name='mguiddy']They made uno... we need to play uno again and have a multi hour long hand again.

Also, I'd sign up for the contest but don't feel like getting raped by TSA if I won.[/QUOTE]

I think I bought Uno back when all of you did, but I don't think I ever wound up playing with anybody.

You know, I flew from DFW to ATL over Christmas and was expecting the worst, but I didn't go through any body scanners or get any pat downs (unfortunately). I think the media must have blown it out of portion or something, because I think Atlanta Hartsfield had like 6 body scanners in the entire airport (and its big).

[quote name='bmachine']Wow...that might be the most I've ever heard Sweetsweet say.[/QUOTE]

Its the new me, bitches!!!!! Actually, I think I was just really bored at work. Voice-wise, I tend to be quiet on the mic later at night (I'm in CST) because if I wake my kids up, then its game over for me.

[quote name='metaly']Ahaha I just had to watch that trailer again. I feel kind of bad ripping on them since those guys are probably all devs and not professional actors (right...?), but oh god. The smirk is too much. If I ever ran into hit 'n' run guy somewhere I'd have to give him a hug.[/QUOTE]

It never occurred to me that they might be devs. But, what if......
I TOLD YOU IT WAS ME! The plot thickens....

[quote name='mkernan']It never occurred to me that they might be devs. But, what if......
I TOLD YOU IT WAS ME! The plot thickens....
[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't work at all since I know what you look like.
image.php

Oh my... anyone notice they released an unfinished game on PSN last week?
That Faery game feels so unfinished. No voice overs, it's the most generic RPG mechanic, it has seemingly no sound effects, it also has a weird chat system. You have to hit O to advance, but X to select dialog options.

[quote name='metaly']That wouldn't work at all since I know what you look like.
image.php
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps all the images I've posted on social media sites and game likenesses I've created have all been one big elaborate ruse. An ongoing experiment in anonymity through deception. What if I'm really an undercover researcher, assimilating myself into an online group of gamers for purely academic purposes?..... You don't know......

Nah, fuck it, you're right. It wasn't me in the video. Lets smash some shit.

[quote name='mguiddy']Oh my... anyone notice they released an unfinished game on PSN last week?
That Faery game feels so unfinished. No voice overs, it's the most generic RPG mechanic, it has seemingly no sound effects, it also has a weird chat system. You have to hit O to advance, but X to select dialog options.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the demo, but then I read some reviews and deleted it before even bothering to try it out. Sounds like I reached a sound conclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for not making it last night. Comcrap decided to let a 2 year play with the internet all night. It'd be on long enough to for a half dozen apps to reconnect before going dark for like 15-45 mins. After an hour I just gave up.

Awesome, Modern Combat: Domination comes out on Tuesday and there's a demo! Is it weird that I'm more excited for this than LBP2?

[quote name='metaly']Awesome, Modern Combat: Domination comes out on Tuesday and there's a demo! Is it weird that I'm more excited for this than LBP2?[/QUOTE]

Are you going to go for close combat? Bring it on! If you try for a quick hit and run and/or could use some backup there, just let me know. I might be willing to get back and watch the fireworks with you.

In all honesty, if MCD doesn't completely suck, that might be a fun game to play together. For $8, I'm not expecting too much, but its almost so cheap I'll buy it regardless.

Random question for the veterans: Do you feel that the Reconstructor dilutes the significance of the game's environmental destruction appeal? I'm wondering since they're using this same feature in the single player of Armageddon.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Random question for the veterans: Do you feel that the Reconstructor dilutes the significance of the game's environmental destruction appeal? I'm wondering since they're using this same feature in the single player of Armageddon.[/QUOTE]

No. It just means you can destroy shit over and over again!

[quote name='mkernan']No. It just means you can destroy shit over and over again![/QUOTE]

And then you can rebuild and destroy and rebuild and destroy some more.

In between that DD kills me like 20 times. /sad panda

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Random question for the veterans: Do you feel that the Reconstructor dilutes the significance of the game's environmental destruction appeal? I'm wondering since they're using this same feature in the single player of Armageddon.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll add an interesting tactical option to the campaign.

Marking the debut of Steam functioning on any next generation console, the features shipping in the PS3 version of Portal 2 include cross platform play (PC/Mac vs. PS3) for multiplayer games, persistent cloud-based storage of PS3 saved games, and cross platform chat (PC/Mac and PS3).

In addition, those who purchase Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 may unlock a Steam Play (PC & Mac) copy of Portal 2 at no additional cost by linking their PSN and Steam accounts.

So who will be my PS3 coop peasant while I am a member of the PC master race? (I will probably just buy a PS3 version and never play it)

Marking the debut of Steam functioning on any next generation console, the features shipping in the PS3 version of Portal 2 include cross platform play (PC/Mac vs. PS3) for multiplayer games, persistent cloud-based storage of PS3 saved games, and cross platform chat (PC/Mac and PS3).

In addition, those who purchase Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 may unlock a Steam Play (PC & Mac) copy of Portal 2 at no additional cost by linking their PSN and Steam accounts.

[quote name='MisterBee']So who will be my PS3 coop peasant while I am a member of the PC master race? (I will probably just buy a PS3 version and never play it)[/QUOTE]

That's fucking awesome!

[quote name='MisterBee']So who will be my PS3 coop peasant while I am a member of the PC master race? (I will probably just buy a PS3 version and never play it)[/QUOTE]

I will, if you'll be my GR9 peasant while I'm a GR10 master race.

[quote name='mkernan']That's fucking awesome![/QUOTE]
Yep.

[quote name='bmachine']
gasp.jpg
[quote name='kube00']...its sad I haven't played the first portal game yet....[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
gasp.jpg

Downloading the demo for Modern Combat: Domination. =)

Gonna be online playing that or whatever else if anybody wants to play something tonight.

[quote name='bmachine']Did anyone else get LBP2, or am I the only one of us with any whimsy left?[/QUOTE]

I fancy myself some whimsy, for sure. But, I'm doing that House Party Playstation VIP after party thingy and this month's top-tier reward is LBP2. So, I expect to have it in-hand sometime mid-February. Patience is a virtue. I am buying Dead Space 2 at release though.

No DJ Hero 2 here.

Amazon tells me I'm going to have LBP2 sometime next week. In the meantime, maybe I'll draw out plans to create both Fillmore Acts from ActRaiser that never came to fruition with LBP1. :)

[quote name='mkernan']Downloading the demo for Modern Combat: Domination. =)

Gonna be online playing that or whatever else if anybody wants to play something tonight.[/QUOTE]

Oh shiiii... Is there multiplayer in the demo? If not, I've psyched myself up to spend $8 on this, then play it for half an hour and never again.
Or maybe make it GOTY 2011.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Amazon tells me I'm going to have LBP2 sometime next week. In the meantime, maybe I'll draw out plans to create both Fillmore Acts from ActRaiser that never came to fruition with LBP1. :)[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o:whistle2:o:whistle2:o

I might have to get LBP2 if you finish those. You could probably make a pretty accurate version of ActRaiser with LBP2's tools... including simulation mode!

[quote name='metaly']

I might have to get LBP2 if you finish those. You could probably make a pretty accurate version of ActRaiser with LBP2's tools... including simulation mode![/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that would be quite the challenge, but one that I'll welcome... I'll have to see how I can make that work. :applause:

[quote name='bmachine']Did anyone else get LBP2, or am I the only one of us with any whimsy left?

Also: do any of you have DJ Hero 2?[/QUOTE]

Whimsy died for me in 2002.

/grump

Also I hear some guy put up a video of un-boxing the regular version of the game. I suggest you check it out. It's quite epic.

Looks like Modern Combat: Combat is a 45-minute trial with online, so I'll wait till some of you guys (AKA probably SweetSweet only) are around to try it out.

bread's done
Back