CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

I thought the demo for moon diver was fun but the game could be pretty repetitive.

I have ps+ and it has been worth it so far the discounts are nice and there have been some good games included as well.

Like zombie said, it's fun, but not worth $15 to me. Reminds me a lot of Strider (SURPRISE!), which is a good thing.

[quote name='mguiddy']Like zombie said, it's fun, but not worth $15 to me. Reminds me a lot of Strider (SURPRISE!), which is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much how I feel about it. I think that $15 is a bit much for what it is $10 or less would be a good price for it but it has made me want to play some strider again.

Is anybody buying Red Faction: Battlegrounds or are you all just waiting patiently to get it free with an RF:A pre-order?

Also, if anybody wants to play anything tonight, DM, PM, or PSNM me.

wow, again another demo with no online multiplayer.....WTF is with these developers lately.

super-off-road-2.jpg

Yea, I played Battlegrounds and this is what I came up with.

[quote name='ThreeRandomWords']Or WKC?[/QUOTE]
I guess... Except I don't think anyone here will play RF:B for over 400 hours.

Its like Super Off-Road, if Super Off-Road involved driving around every which way, blowing the shit out of each other instead of racing in a certain direction.

[quote name='mkernan']Its like Super Off-Road, if Super Off-Road involved driving around every which way, blowing the shit out of each other instead of racing in a certain direction.[/QUOTE]

lmao
In that case, I suppose it ain't anything like Super Off-Road then... :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']You guys should get that... randy is really good at playing games that he talks people into getting.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing it right now! Where the fuck are you?

Multiplayer, online, first-person shooter on the DS? Um... I think I'll pass..... That's like 3 things that the DS does worse than any other system.

[quote name='mkernan']Multiplayer, online, first-person shooter on the DS? Um... I think I'll pass..... That's like 3 things that the DS does worse than any other system.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to figure out a nice way to say this, so instead I will just quote this.

I'm sure Goldeneye on DS is perfectly serviceable, just not something I think I'd ever play. Then again, I've barely touched my DS in over a year anyway.

LOVED Just Cause 2, eventually the novelty wore off and I traded it in while it still had a decent trade-in value. Probably was like 2 months ago. With the current Gamestop sale, I was almost debating re-buying it on the cheap, but I know I'll never really play it.

So, yeah, I don't have it anymore. I am interested to learn more about that just-announced new downloadable game from Avalanche and Sega. If its anything like Just Cause 2, with added multiplayer, it should be pretty damn fun.

ill keep my jc2 until jc3 or something else comes out. i always like to keep one free-roam game handy for times i feel like just screwing around.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm playing it right now! Where the fuck are you?[/QUOTE]
At the time of your posting I was asleep... some of us have shitty jobs.

And yeah, I'm with bomber, They'll have to pry my JC2 (or JC3, if it's as stupidly fun as JC2) from my cold dead hands.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Any of you guys planning on playing anything tonight? I'm up for playing anything... ;)[/QUOTE]

I am also up for playing anything, Red Faction would be good Split Second could also be an option.

i think i might try to sell kz3 while its still worth somethin. def aint playin it like i did kz2. just hard to adapt to the horrid framerate and controls as compared to codbo :\ what you all think?

I like both, but I barely ever play CoDBlOps and I play KZ3 much more often. I actually really, really dig KZ3's controls, compared to KZ2's especially. Seems like far more GFBers own KZ3 than Black Ops (ps3) too.

[quote name='AllahBomber']but we never play. everyone always plays something else instead :([/QUOTE]

Jokes on you! I don't even play anything anymore! Yay! :cry:

[quote name='AllahBomber']but we never play. everyone always plays something else instead :([/QUOTE]
:baby:

If you guys want to, we could play KZ3 tomorrow. Split/Second kept us busy tonight, and I would like to spend more time with KZ3 online, while it's still somewhat fresh.

I hope my elite racing skills didn't scar you guys from playing with me again... :/

I was having fun playing Split/Second, but with all the Crysis and Killzone I've been playing, I was silently beginning to crave shooting something. I hadn't touched S/S in months, so I fully expected to do poorly, but damn dude, freaky totally smoked us.

I watched the new Tron last night... the best thing was when
the plane thing stalls out from climbing... it was just like Warhawk.

Split/Second was a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys decided to dust that one off last night. Thanks for the invite.

I'm certainly not feeling the itch to play KZ2 like I did with KZ2. I was actually thinking I might just play through the campaign and then sell it.

I'm kinda surprised; I really enjoy KZ3 online. However, if that doesn't float your boats, you should consider Crysis 2.
(so I have somebody to play with)

I liked the bit of KZ3 we played together but I don't feel the itch to keep going back to it like I had with KZ2 or even BFBC2.

I've been thinking about getting Crysis 2, actually...the reviews have been consistently enthusiastic and I enjoyed the night we all played the demo. Mostly just waiting for a good sale price on it. I think it'll fit in between Portal 2, LA Noire and Brink nicely. Is the campaign any good, Sweetsweet?

The campaign itself is quite fun to play, though the actual narrative is pretty retarded.

Work is slow this morning, so I'm actually writing up a review of Crysis 2 right now; I'll post a link in a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm i think that settles it then. i think ill sell it this weekend. still should play tonight tho for one last horrah. cant wait for the big family reunion when rfa comes out :p

bread's done
Back