CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
COSTUME QUEST GAMESHARE:

1. lain21us
2. Hostile
3. Bertyo
5. (this spot reserved for someone who can host)

I can't host.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in if the group i joined hosted by AirMclaren doesn't work.

[quote name='Junno']Alright, there's many people floating around that want the GoW collection, so let's make a list.
Just add yourself up if you want it.

God of War Collection ($6 a share)

2. Junno
3. Evantrees
4. Zoodux
5.[/QUOTE]

Got us a host :D!

Starting a new Platform video game game share group!

-------

Sonic 4: Episode 1 - 14.99
[We will game share all the episodes that come out hereafter]
Castle Crashers - 14.99
Worms 2 Armageddon - 14.99
Sonic Adventure - 9.99
Scott Pilgrim: vs the World - 9.99
Megaman 10 - 9.99

-------

= 74.94

74.94/5

= 14.99 per share

Please feel free to add yourself to this group. i will keep lookout and promote this post until we fill up

The 5 Shareholders:

1 - coleipoo [Host]
2 - finsfan0210
3 -
4 - cRodz
5 -

I think the host should always have reputable feedback, got refunded, but people shouldn't host unless they have experience and know what they're doing. I've acted as a host before, but I don't offer to be one since I understand people have trust issues.

[quote name='slayerxx1']I think the host should always have reputable feedback, got refunded, but people shouldn't host unless they have experience and know what they're doing. I've acted as a host before, but I don't offer to be one since I understand people have trust issues.[/QUOTE]

reputable hosts should be compensated a small amount for their experience and willingness to setup gameshares. whether this means an extra 50 cents toward their share each or some means of gratitude.
the host has alot to deal with not to mention losses and aggravation.
but we appreciate them and wouldn't have great deals without their efforts.
until then i welcome all the new hosts.. and i'll be just as thankfull. they're willing to learn how to host and our feedback will keep them honest.

hosting :

you basically create a new user profile with one of your sub-accounts.

you then purchase the game(s) and have the 4 people who would like the game(s) send their share of the total cost through Paypal ' gift ' ...gift to avoid Paypals taxes.

once payment has been sent the email/password should be given.

the forum rule of thumb is nobody tampers with the designated email and password. hope this helped.

i say 4 other people because there are only 5 people allowed to an account.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I think I may of just been screwed. I payed AirMcLaren $6 for a share of the God of War collection. But when i logged in all 5 activations had been used. Plus their was purchased Red Dead Content already in the download list. I am still waiting on a response from him but I just wanted to warm others incase anyone was looking to get this game from him. I'll add more info as i get it.

Update - This is what he told me in my most recent message from him. -

(Same account used from a previous CAG share. Password has been changed so that those who previously shared cannot access this new purchase. No worries. Just don't want to load up my PS3 with a million accounts so I don't run out of space. )

Which I responded with this statement - It doesn't work like that. You can't do 2 seperate gameshares under 1 account. Plus those people payed you for the original content. If they need to access it at a later time they can't because you changed the password. You should of created a brand new account. Please refund my $6.

He did refund my money by the way. Just be warned that I would not do any gameshares with him in the future. If anyone has done a previous gameshare with him I suggest you contact him as you may not have access to the content you contributed toward.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those from the original RDR gameshare with AirMcLaren. I wouldn't go as far as to say you shouldn't deal with the guy though. It sounds like an honest mistake. I am a little concerned about the account info being changed.

My question is, to those with experience of gameshares, does changing the account info mean I can no longer play all my RDR DLC??

I remember when gamesharing first got started. People would trade single games or at least attempt to. They still knew they had 5 slots but would just take the hit. The good ol ignorant days.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I think I may of just been screwed. I payed AirMcLaren $6 for a share of the God of War collection. But when i logged in all 5 activations had been used. Plus their was purchased Red Dead Content already in the download list. I am still waiting on a response from him but I just wanted to warm others incase anyone was looking to get this game from him. I'll add more info as i get it.

Update - This is what he told me in my most recent message from him. -

(Same account used from a previous CAG share. Password has been changed so that those who previously shared cannot access this new purchase. No worries. Just don't want to load up my PS3 with a million accounts so I don't run out of space. )

Which I responded with this statement - It doesn't work like that. You can't do 2 seperate gameshares under 1 account. Plus those people payed you for the original content. If they need to access it at a later time they can't because you changed the password. You should of created a brand new account. Please refund my $6.

He did refund my money by the way. Just be warned that I would not do any gameshares with him in the future. If anyone has done a previous gameshare with him I suggest you contact him as you may not have access to the content you contributed toward.[/QUOTE]dont go blaming the whole cag because 1 guy didnt know what he was doing.. if it was a scam then he would have never refunded the money,,
and good luck with getting the game from someone here before you pay

[quote name='Jville808']I'm one of those from the original RDR gameshare with AirMcLaren. I wouldn't go as far as to say you shouldn't deal with the guy though. It sounds like an honest mistake. I am a little concerned about the account info being changed.

My question is, to those with experience of gameshares, does changing the account info mean I can no longer play all my RDR DLC??[/QUOTE]

You can still play the content you already downloaded as long as the original account remains on your PS3. You will not be able to redownload without the new account info

[quote name='iwarboY']reputable hosts should be compensated a small amount for their experience and willingness to setup gameshares. whether this means an extra 50 cents toward their share each or some means of gratitude.
the host has alot to deal with not to mention losses and aggravation.
but we appreciate them and wouldn't have great deals without their efforts.
until then i welcome all the new hosts.. and i'll be just as thankfull. they're willing to learn how to host and our feedback will keep them honest.[/QUOTE]
i agree because this will not be the 1st or last time a person thinks its 5 share per game lol but its 4 shares per account 5 shares if you count the host..

thanks to everyone who can and will be a host

I will join. If Junno wasn't planning on hosting, I will be able to.

1. GaveUpTomorrow
2. Junno
3. Evantrees
4. Zoodux

[quote name='Junno']Alright, there's many people floating around that want the GoW collection, so let's make a list.
Just add yourself up if you want it.

2. Junno
5.[/QUOTE]

I will also join this group as well. It should be no problem for me to host.
[quote name='lain21us']COSTUME QUEST GAMESHARE:

1. lain21us
2. Hostile
3. Bertyo
5. (this spot reserved for someone who can host)

I can't host.[/QUOTE]

Holy crucification...

To clear things up:

With the distractions from last night (girlfriend was over, writing a research paper, etc.) I was rushing to get the GoW content to everyone that had paid me, trying to fulfill my promise of having it to everyone last night. However, when making the purchase, I did not realize I was logged into the account in which I did not intend to make the purchase (one that was already used in a previous CAG trade).

Being new and ignorant, I did not see how this would be an issue considering that the RDR content from the previous trade had already been activated on 5 PS3's (I assumed there was no way someone from the new GoW trade could hose any RDR trader since the maximum activations had already been used).

This is where it gets complex. I changed the password to block any RDR sharer from stealing the GoW sharer's new content. Once all the GoW sharers got their content, the plan was to have a univeral password for both groups, and leaving the account alone. This way RDR got their 5 activations and GoW got their 5 activations. I saw no reason why this could not work. I realize it was a mess, but I still thought it was functional.

After recieving all the messages from everyone freaking out about the situation, I decided to bite the bullet and keep the GoW purchase for myself on that account. I immediately refunded every single GoW paypal payment and sent them an attached message briefly explaining the situation. Also, the password to the account has been changed and the new password has been sent to all the RDR sharers.

To summarize:
1. I fucked up
2. GoW sharers have all been refunded
3. RDR sharers have been sent the new password

As far as I can see, I have straightened up this situation as best I could. If any of the RDR members want a share of the GoW that is on the account, be my guest. Paying me for a share would be appreciated, but I can understand if you don't. If you don't use it, it will just go to waste as I have essentially paid full price for one share.

On a more personal note, @finsfan0210, I feel like I deserved more than 10 minutes to respond to your PM with an explanation before you threw me to the wolves. I immediately responded to your concerns, immediately refunded you, immediately explained to you the situation, and still I feel like you brought out the torches and pitch forks. You sent me the PM about your concern at 11:09pm and at 11:14pm you posted on the forums about it to everyone. I understand the need for everyone's security on this website and your concern for your own money, but I feel like someone deserves more than five minutes to explain themselves. I dunno, maybe I don't have room to give that suggestion, but that's how I feel. Your refund was given almost immediately after your concern was addressed, so I see no need to pass on my mistake to the entire community, as now my reputation will likely suffer for an honest mistake.

I apologize to anyone involved in either trade for the inconvenience. This has been a great community to be apart of and I hope I haven't screwed myself.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I will join. If Junno wasn't planning on hosting, I will be able to.

1. GaveUpTomorrow
2. Junno
3. Evantrees
4. Zoodux

I will also join this group as well. It should be no problem for me to host.[/QUOTE]

I'd join for god of war

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Holy crucification...

To clear things up:

With the distractions from last night (girlfriend was over, writing a research paper, etc.) I was rushing to get the GoW content to everyone that had paid me, trying to fulfill my promise of having it to everyone last night. However, when making the purchase, I did not realize I was logged into the account in which I did not intend to make the purchase (one that was already used in a previous CAG trade).

Being new and ignorant, I did not see how this would be an issue considering that the RDR content from the previous trade had already been activated on 5 PS3's (I assumed there was no way someone from the new GoW trade could hose any RDR trader since the maximum activations had already been used).

This is where it gets complex. I changed the password to block any RDR sharer from stealing the GoW sharer's new content. Once all the GoW sharers got their content, the plan was to have a univeral password for both groups, and leaving the account alone. This way RDR got their 5 activations and GoW got their 5 activations. I saw no reason why this could not work. I realize it was a mess, but I still thought it was functional.

After recieving all the messages from everyone freaking out about the situation, I decided to bite the bullet and keep the GoW purchase for myself on that account. I immediately refunded every single GoW paypal payment and sent them an attached message briefly explaining the situation. Also, the password to the account has been changed and the new password has been sent to all the RDR sharers.

To summarize:
1. I fucked up

As far as I can see, I have straightened up this situation as best I could. If any of the RDR members want a share of the GoW that is on the account, be my guest. Paying me for a share would be appreciated, but I can understand if you don't. If you don't use it, it will just go to waste as I have essentially paid full price for one share.

On a more personal note, @finsfan0210, I feel like I deserved more than 10 minutes to respond to your PM with an explanation before you threw me to the wolves. I immediately responded to your concerns, immediately refunded you, immediately explained to you the situation, and still I feel like you brought out the torches and pitch forks. You sent me the PM about your concern at 11:09pm and at 11:14pm you posted on the forums about it to everyone. I understand the need for everyone's security on this website and your concern for your own money, but I feel like someone deserves more than five minutes to explain themselves. I dunno, maybe I don't have room to give that suggestion, but that's how I feel. Your refund was given almost immediately after your concern was addressed, so I see no need to pass on my mistake to the entire community, as now my reputation will likely suffer for an honest mistake.

I apologize to anyone involved in either trade for the inconvenience. This has been a great community to be apart of and I hope I haven't screwed myself.[/QUOTE]

I understand but you never can be to careful thats why I posted in this forum. I've been screwed before so I'm sorry if i'm quick to think that. I left you positive feeback for the quick explanation and taking care of things.

[quote name='cRodz']Got us a host :D!

-------

Castle Crashers - 14.99
Sonic Adventure - 9.99
Megaman 10 - 9.99

-------

= 74.94

74.94/5

= 14.99 per share

Please feel free to add yourself to this group. i will keep lookout and promote this post until we fill up

The 5 Shareholders:

1 - coleipoo [Host]
2 - finsfan0210
3 - Kaminoyadoru
4 - cRodz
5 -[/QUOTE]

If that's all I need to do, I'm in, just tell me where to paypal. It looks like the GOW collection group is full but can't quite tell if finsfan is in or just thinking about it. If he's out, I'm in. :D

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Holy crucification...

To clear things up:

To summarize:
1. I fucked up

I apologize to anyone involved in either trade for the inconvenience. This has been a great community to be apart of and I hope I haven't screwed myself.[/QUOTE]

Seems like an honest mistake and its nice to see how you carried yourself in such a situation. I wasn't one of the parties affected by this, but thank you anyways for your public apology. This one incident won't deter me from trading with you in the future, you at least deserve a second chance :)

[quote name='KamiNoYadoru']If that's all I need to do, I'm in, just tell me where to paypal. It looks like the GOW collection group is full but can't quite tell if finsfan is in or just thinking about it. If he's out, I'm in. :D[/QUOTE]

Welcome!

-------

Castle Crashers - 14.99
Sonic Adventure - 9.99
Megaman 10 - 9.99

-------

= 74.94

74.94/5

= 14.99 per share

i will keep lookout and promote this post until we fill up

The 5 Shareholders:

1 - coleipoo [Host]
2 - finsfan0210
3 - KamiNoYadoru
4 - cRodz
5 -

We need one more!!!!

For sale or trade (up for anything, PM with offers)
Game Share of Sam & Max Full Season - $4
Game Share of Anarchy Rush Hour - $1.80
Game Share of BF1943/BFBC2 Onslaught Mode/BFBC2 Specact Bundle - $5

Download Code for Hero of Sparta - $2
Download Code for What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord 2!? - $5
Download Code for BF1943/BFBC2 Onslaught Mode - $14
Download Code for Saboteur Midnight Show DLC - $2
BFBC2 VIP Code - $7
Medal of Honor Online Pass Code - $7

God of War ($6 a share)

1. GaveUpTomorrow
2. Junno
3. Evantrees
4. Zoodux
5. finsfan0210

Alright, group's full, unless Zoodux deals with another group.

Let us know ASAP what you're going to do Zoodux.

Otherwise, PM us the paypal info GaveUpTomorrow.

[quote name='Junno']God of War ($6 a share)

1. GaveUpTomorrow
2. Junno
3. Evantrees
4. Zoodux
5. finsfan0210

Alright, group's full, unless Zoodux deals with another group.

Let us know ASAP what you're going to do Zoodux.

Otherwise, PM us the paypal info GaveUpTomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for the share. Just PM me the paypal account info and ill send the money.

[quote name='Zoodux']I'm in for the share. Just PM me the paypal account info and ill send the money.[/QUOTE]

n/a

cool beans! [i really wanted to say that...]

i am going to contact coleipoo for the paypal info so we can fasten this up

Is there a way to determine who the 4 other people are that are gamesharing from an account? Or was there a way to deactivate all 5 PS3's by calling SONY and controlling from there who gets a gameshare? For some reason the search function does not work with NMCI (work network).

[quote name='bunk22']so far 4 of us for hoard
1 bunk22
2 wiinet
3 lain21us
4 eth3real
5 vonoliveramora
can 1 of you host this

[quote name='vonoliveramora']bunk, about hoard, doesnt it become repetitive, that kind of game? im really in the edge about joining.[/QUOTE]
im not sure for $3 ill try anything once worst case scenerio you dont like it sell your share

ok ok, il join then. count me in. but hope u understand if i dont host this time. i tried hosting 1nce, not a very pleasant experience for me but i will pay for sure if someone else host.

i just; think this game is like that boat game in psn with pirates, but its not grid based which is good but the upgrades are more or less the same. ill try it as u would though :)

i have the following for barter:

Also if your looking for online passes to certain games, let me know. i can get pretty much anything.

Demios GOWIII Skin (3 Codes)

ALL Uncharted 2 DLC (Avatars, Comics, Map Packs, Skins, etc)
(2 Codes)

PSHome Sex Bob-omb Male and Female Shirts (1 Code)

Bad Company 2 VIP Code (2 Codes)

Mafia 2 Betrayal of Jimmy DLC (2 Codes)
LocoRoco 2 PSP Voucher (1 Code)

Little Big Planet Pirates of the Caribbean (Good for Level AND Costume pack)
(5 Codes)

MOH Online Passes (2 Codes)

Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 Online Axxess Code (1 Code)
also includes DLC Pack #1
that includes WWE Superstar Chris Masters (playable character), WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio (“Dia de los Muertos” Halloween-themed attire) and WWE Diva Kelly Kelly (“Devil” Halloween-themed attire).

pretty much willing to accept any trades

I think I'm the last one to want in; pm me here with the paypal details whenever the host is ready

[quote name='lain21us']COSTUME QUEST GAMESHARE:

1. lain21us
2. Hostile
3. Bertyo
4. Charles
5. GaveUpTomorrow (this spot reserved for someone who can host)

I can't host.[/QUOTE]

PMs sent to everyone for the GOW Collection gameshare. Waiting for one more payment then I will purchase the game and send out the details.

1. GaveUpTomorrow
2. Junno - Paid
3. Evantrees - Paid
4. Zoodux - Paid
5. finsfan0210 - Paid

Edit - Gameshare details setup and sent out!

[quote name='vonoliveramora']bunk, about hoard, doesnt it become repetitive, that kind of game? im really in the edge about joining.[/QUOTE]

looks quite fun frankly

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']PMs sent to everyone for the GOW Collection gameshare. Waiting for one more payment then I will purchase the game and send out the details.

1. GaveUpTomorrow
2. Junno - Paid
3. Evantrees
4. Zoodux - Paid
5. finsfan0210 - Paid[/QUOTE]

payment sent, sigh didn't get to sleep till about 6am was lying in bed till about an hour ago, and boo at test/quiz to study for

-------

Castle Crashers - 14.99
Sonic Adventure - 9.99
Megaman 10 - 9.99

-------

= 74.94

74.94/5

= 14.99 per share

i will keep lookout and promote this post until we fill up

The 5 Shareholders:

1 - coleipoo [Host]
2 - finsfan0210
3 - KamiNoYadoru
4 - cRodz
5 -

^
Cmon guys!
we just need one more!

Would like to start a Siren: Blood Curse share. Game is only available on the PSN at $40. Each share would be $8. Check out the game info here.

1. sgand (host)

1 bunk22 2 wiinet 3 lain21us 4 eth3real 5 vonoliveramora us 5 in for hoard if i could host i definitely would 1 of you 4 want to

[quote name='bunk22']1 bunk22 2 wiinet 3 lain21us 4 eth3real 5 vonoliveramora us 5 in for hoard if i could host i definitely would 1 of you 4 want to[/QUOTE]
===============
HOARD GAMESHARE
===============

1. bunk22
2. wiinet
3. lain21us
4. eth3real
5. (Reserved for someone who can host) (sorry, but we can't have 5 people who can't host and vonoliveramora joined last)

======================
COSTUME QUEST GAMESHARE
======================

1. lain21us
2. Hostile
3. Bertyo
4. Charles
5. GaveUpTomorrow (this spot reserved for someone who can host)

[quote name='lain21us']===============
HOARD GAMESHARE
===============

1. bunk22
2. wiinet
3. lain21us
4. eth3real
5. (Reserved for someone who can host) (sorry, but we can't have 5 people who can't host and vonoliveramora joined last)

======================
COSTUME QUEST GAMESHARE
======================

1. lain21us
2. Hostile
3. Bertyo
4. Charles
5. GaveUpTomorrow (this spot reserved for someone who can host)[/QUOTE]

You can count me out on Hoard... vonoliveramora can have the slot.

It's like that on any site, you can only have 5 people in a gameshare and one of them has to host. If none of the first 4 people can host, then the fifth person to join has to be able to host. If one of the original 4 steps up to host then you will be the fifth member, if you want to.

I don't really care whether it's WiiNet or you, but we can't have 5 people if nobody will host.

[quote name='vonoliveramora']oh thats too bad, i didnt know thats how it is here in CAG but oh well. i wasnt too sure about the game anyway so its okay. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lain21us']===============
HOARD GAMESHARE
===============

1. bunk22
2. vonoliveramora????????
3. lain21us
4. eth3real

i might be able to host ill post in the afternoon to let ya know for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back