CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're focusing on the host because he has the account email password which controls everything. The host holds final power in password changes because he has access to the email account. You can do it your way, but that makes it a little bit more convoluted.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't get why you guys are focusing on host host host, anyone with the account info can either guard it or abuse it. Pick one group member you trust, doesn't have to be the host, and let them keep an unknown password, nobody will be able to deactivate your accounts but him.

As for post-Nov 18th, game sharing is dead and good for them, it doesn't really affect legitimate users and it protects their sales. It definitely sucks for us but we were abusing the system. I figured this would happen eventually and we'll just have to deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Hit it right on the nail there. Doesn't really matter who the host is as everyone can essentially change the password and deactivate the user.

As for a new system to implement in the thread, I am stumped. Gamesharing is essentially dead. At least, $40-$60 games that is.

This is really disheartening news.

[quote name='jamehze']We're focusing on the host because he has the account email password which controls everything. The host holds final power in password changes because he has access to the email account. You can do it your way, but that makes it a little bit more convoluted.[/QUOTE]
You're right about that, but still... if the host doesn't want to be in charge of guarding the account or members aren't comfortable with him then he can hand off the email account as well as the psn account info to whoever the group picks.

[quote name='Waynetid']Looking to join/start groups for the following games before the change happens if anyone is interested, would prefer to have at least 2 or more of the following games in each account:
Prince of Persia Trilogy, inFAMOUS Festival of Blood, Limbo, God of War Collection (1, 2 and both PSP remasters), Flower, Dragon Age: Origin, Echochrome 2, Far Cry 2, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, LEGO Pirates of Caribbean, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops (+DLC if possible), PixelJunk Monsters & Encore, PixelJunk Sidescroller & Splinter Cell Trilogy.
[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in all 4 God of War games, as well as Pixeljunk Monsters, whether these be seperate accounts or all on one. I have decent site feedback and am willing to host as well.

Ok so if the password is changed and I usually play from my main account I still have access to the game I just can't sell it right?

Thinking about the latest group I joined, it's an Uncharted 3 season pass for DLC. I expect that any DLC released under this pass after Nov 18 will fall under the new 2 system limit. That kinda screws up our group bigtime.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Ok so if the password is changed and I usually play from my main account I still have access to the game I just can't sell it right?[/QUOTE]
That's right, unless someone deactivates your system from the account.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']You're right about that, but still... if the host doesn't want to be in charge of guarding the account or members aren't comfortable with him then he can hand off the email account as well as the psn account info to whoever the group picks.[/QUOTE]

Simple solution. The 'host' does not need to make the email account. The who's most trustworthy in the group should do it. As for who he is, the group would have to decide.

I'd be interested in any of the below titles if anyone has them or willing to start a group (and host):

Limbo
Infamous: Festival of Blood
Outland
From Dust
Renegade Ops
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Resident Evil 4
Chime - Super Deluxe

Full titles:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Crysis 2
Child of Eden
Dante's Inferno

Thanks very much!

[quote name='bastiartadi']Simple solution. The 'host' does not need to make the email account. The who's most trustworthy in the group should do it. As for who he is, the group would have to decide.[/QUOTE]
Very true.

I have a thought that could work, but no garuntees. We can now deac systrms through our computers, well if a person has sony reset there account the people that had slots before can still use them as long as they didnt re access that account, so if this works were talkin one account on everybody who wants the games systems, itd be a pain deactivating 20 systems over and over, but if my theory actually worked itd be amazing.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Ok so if the password is changed and I usually play from my main account I still have access to the game I just can't sell it right?[/QUOTE]

This depends how this whole PC control thing works. The way Sony describes it, the host would be able to simply take away your rights to the game, and you couldn't do a thing.

I'm in favor of designating one member of every existing pre-Nov 18 group as the guardian and giving him control of the account password and email account. One problem is not everyone has kept track of who has bought and sold shares or even whether the original host still has the email account info. I know I own shares of groups in which the host has sold his share and moved on.

I'll probably just let it play out and hope nobody screws me, I can deal with losing some if that's the way it goes. I definitely have no interest in trying to make groups work post-Nov 18, just not practical.

[quote name='raiden_86']U guys should read some of these comments, apparently those euros are loaded lol, full of sh*t that is.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network/
'God news. Just saw a site the other day where people game share their games so they just pay 1/5 of the price. Sucks for them!!!'
'This needed to happen to stop all those gamesharing stealing peasants!'
'By the way, don't share your digital games. Buy It multiple times to give Sony more money...'[/QUOTE]
These low lifes are corporate cheerleaders, especially considering that:

[quote name='raiden_86']i hope sony looses money over this and goes back. i mean c'mon first u drop the PS2 emulation, then Other OS support, then get hacked and were still here for ya. At the very least they should price psn games way cheaper after this.
PS3 it does.... less and less[/QUOTE]

[quote name='transcollector']we are going to have to rely on honest/trusted hosts. Host is the key to making this continue to work. Host should change account password after trade(to prevent deactivating) and when your done with the share and ready to sell/trade just contact the host for a temp password. when you sell/trade the share let the other person know who the host is so they can do the same.
If your uncomfortable with it, then become a host so you don't have to worry about being deactivated.
To prevent your "accidental"deactivation(offline stuff only) disconnect your system from the net till your done with your share(if it gets deactivated and your system is not connected, your system doesn't know so you can continue playing it till your done)
there are ways to beat this, and we are a great community, lets figure some system out.[/QUOTE]
++

[quote name='WV Matsui']The sky is falling!!!

Do we think our old shares will mostly be safe and the worry is about the new shares?[/QUOTE]
yes!

NSYNC They're also removing $10 PSN cards and all their digital stuff for purchase offline too. They want total control.l

Screw them.

So let me get things straight so we can put this on the OP.

1) Content purchased AFTER Armageddon will be limited to 2 system activations.
2) Content purchased BEFORE Ragnarok will still have 5 system activations
3) It is now possible to deactivate systems remotely from the PC
4) The wildcard here is PSN+ - Will all 5 still be able to get the free games?

We need to implement a feedback type system where we can keep track of who's trustworthy and who's not. Sort of like a gang initiation. You have to prove your worth. I can vouch for several people here.

If I'm getting this straight, only shares after 11/18 get hit by this rule? Does that mean my 5-way shares from before are safe to keep and eventually sell?

[quote name='Tsel']We need to implement a feedback type system where we can keep track of who's trustworthy and who's not. Sort of like a gang initiation. You have to prove your worth. I can vouch for several people here.[/QUOTE]

I guess Signature is the way to go. One can easily cheat the feedback if put in the OP.

-----

I'm actually more interested in how we can move on from this. What would be the new norm?? Renting? Would 2 person gameshares be feasible?

[quote name='meeek']I'll host both shares!

House of the Dead: Overkill 10?=$14.15/share according to PP

HOST: meeek
1. chewy12 PAID
2. bill123 PAID
3. sunghost PAID
4. Topaz PAID
5. WV Matsui
cheapbrokegamer was also interested

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean group ?8/share, ~$11
1. meeek PAID
2. buddy PAID
3. Jlazenby1 PP info given
4. lliviaf PAID
5. bill123 PAID

Check your PMs for PP info.[/QUOTE]

huge thanks to meeek for hosting
WV Matsui
cheapbrokegamer
which 1 is the last member

[quote name='jlazenby1']I have a thought that could work, but no garuntees. We can now deac systrms through our computers, well if a person has sony reset there account the people that had slots before can still use them as long as they didnt re access that account, so if this works were talkin one account on everybody who wants the games systems, itd be a pain deactivating 20 systems over and over, but if my theory actually worked itd be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Of course this would eliminate the selling of slots after a group is formed but if it works we could get an even.bigr discount than 1/5

Looking for Beyond Good and Evil

A feedback type system could be good. Or even just a list of traders who have had 3 or 4 trustworthy people vouch for them.

if 5 systems are already activated how can they limit downloads after 11/18 to 2 systems?

longterm groups could possibly be the way to go.

[quote name='jlazenby1']Of course this would eliminate the selling of slots after a group is formed but if it works we could get an even.bigr discount than 1/5[/QUOTE]

That's only tough to do because some people like keeping slots for a while or permanently. I have a rather busy schedule and sometimes hoard slots until I'm free to finish them all. The potential discounts might be big, but that assumes everyone finishes in a timely manner.

I think we should keep it down to 5 slots for pre 11/18 slots and have maybe a central team of "middlemen" who designate and reassign slots for groups which have relinquished control.

I compiled a list for any games that people in the last 5 pages have suggested that match my interests. Sorry, but the list is far too long already so I focused on mine only.

Limbo
1. ako127
2. jamehze
3. contej85
4. steamboatoperator

Hot Pursuit
1. jamehze
2. ako127
3. contej85

Child of Eden
1. jamehze
2. ako127

From dust
1. jamehze
2. ako127

Echochrome 2
1. jamehze
2. contej85

Prince of Persia Trilogy
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. bastiartadi
4. momouchi

God of War Collection Origins
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. ako127 (?)

Sidescroller
1. jamehze
2. contej85

Splinter cell Trilogy
1. jamehze
2. contej85

[quote name='bastiartadi']So anyone here interested to start a group for PoP Trilogy for Armageddon comes?

1. (host)
2. bastiartadi
3.momouchi
5.[/QUOTE]

Figure I might as well spend more than I planned now since I won't be buying much PSN stuff in the future.

FYI to everyone calling Sony evil for doing this, try using an Xbox 360. Seriously. You have to be signed into Xbox Live at all times to even use your purchased content if it's not your original console. At least you still get 2 consoles per account. It may not be enough to bother with gamesharing on this site anymore, but it's still better than what Microsoft offers.

Nobody wants all the Black Ops maps even for $7 ($5 off share)? Thisll be the ladt post for them and Ill just keep them until I buy the disc

[quote name='jamehze']

God of War Collection Origins
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. ako127 (?)
4. WV Matsui

[/QUOTE]

In with a reliable group :)

---------------

Selling Vegas 2 - $4 or offer

--------------
Wanting to buy

Infamous 2

I am pretty meh over this. The people it really hurts are bking17, cause now he will never ever that SOCOM dlc, $15 is crazy expensive. . .

It also will hurt people like me who slowly play though things. I bought inFamous like 6 or 7 months ago (not to mention part 2, crysis, and a couple other games) and still haven't really gotten halfway done in it. Once the renting model comes around I will have to force myself to play through games faster, which I guess isn't a bad thing, just annoying.

Over all I am not surprised they did this, I am interested to see how this affects long term shares, first come first serve on DLC added?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm actually very happy about this news. I was NEVER pleased with those abusing game sharing on PSN. It hurts publishers regardless and you shouldn't be playing a game anyway you don't own under your account. Only way I approved any sharing was to download a game while visiting a friend or family member, that's all (not randomly sharing accounts online).[/QUOTE]

Aww, how cute you are~

GTFO

[quote name='chewy12']if 5 systems are already activated how can they limit downloads after 11/18 to 2 systems?

longterm groups could possibly be the way to go.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering same thing. I have a LT Batman DLC share going, so lets say for instance i buy the Robin code from GS and then redeem it on the account, I'm guessing everyone should be able to download it since we are all activated already.

The only way they would be able to lock us is the accounts to 2 slots, not games, and it says after the 18th is when.it goes to 2 so my understandi.g is that all accounts before then will still have 5 slots

Wait if the groups will still have 5 before armegeddon will stay then can we just create some lifetime groups and be okay? or am I just crazy?

[quote name='Reo 15x']Wait if the groups will still have 5 before armegeddon will stay then can we just create some lifetime groups and be okay? or am I just crazy?[/QUOTE]

If the content was purchased before Nov 18th, they have 5 slots.

If the content is purchased on Nov 18th or later, they have 2 slots.

Also, still looking for an Arcana Heart 3 gameshare.

[quote name='Logain8955']If the content was purchased before Nov 18th, they have 5 slots.

If the content is purchased on Nov 18th or later, they have 2 slots.

Also, still looking for an Arcana Heart 3 gameshare.[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense without a gigantic overhaul given how the system currently works.

Edit*

Still hoping to buy Marvel & Zen Pinball, Both God of War Collections, and All the Pixeljunk games. Willing to host a group for any as well. PM me please.

[quote name='contej85']This makes no sense without a gigantic overhaul given how the system currently works.[/QUOTE]

Right, that's what I was thinking.
What I want to try is to create a potential long term group before the overhaul of the system. Then After the overhaul someone uses a code or something for some random, no one cares about, DLC thing or something. Then we test if everyone in the group can use it. We could then go from there.
Just a good experiment. Anyone want to try?

Read the blog announcements. Everyone's only repeating what has already been said

According to Karen Spearrin:
"The content you purchased before November 18th will not be affected, so you will still be able to play those games on your PS3s as you do today. After November 18th, the first two devices you use with the new purchased content will be your active devices, and each new piece of game content you purchase will work on those two systems. If you want to change those systems, you can do so via “account management” on each device."

[quote name='contej85']This makes no sense without a gigantic overhaul given how the system currently works.

Edit*

Still hoping to buy Marvel & Zen Pinball, Both God of War Collections, and All the Pixeljunk games. Willing to host a group for any as well. PM me please.[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to a full article:

http://kotaku.com/5856357/playstation-network-cuts-down-on-game-sharing-starting-this-month

My explaination is simplified, but accurate. They're changing how many systems a piece of content can be active on at once. The real problem for CAG is the online system activation/deactivation. Make sure your host is trustworthy, look for CAG trade reviews.

wow, I actually have 3 ps3's, this is stupid. Might actually start buying DLC on the xbox instead, if its pretty much the same thing now. This was a huge reason why I preferred the ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back