CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not legit. That quote was out of context. It's always been "bad". As for the championing, people don't like to see others get ahead. As in this case, getting deals they didn't. That's life. Now they can rub it in to everyone that ever gameshared. Looks like I'm going to end up "losing" $5 once this takes effect. Not bad, not bad at all. I've played a ton of games.

[quote name='NSYNC']Definitely LOL! It is indeed over as we know it.[/QUOTE]
it's never over. So you can't trade with 5 people, trade with one(someone you trust). And for the ones you don't trust, maybe only trade account for account not money. I'm sure that email changing will stay the same(so chances of someone stealing your account stays the same).Think of it more as a game loaning. You own the game, you loan it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing about the rental is how long do we allow folks to play before return? And it would have to be cheaper than redbox etc....

[quote name='transcollector']Think of it more as a game rental. You own the game, you rent it out.[/QUOTE]

I tried to get everyone onboard with this way of thinking BEFORE this happened. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

[quote name='NSYNC']It's not legit. That quote was out of context. It's always been "bad". As for the championing, people don't like to see others get ahead. As in this case, getting deals they didn't. That's life. Now they can rub it in to everyone that ever gameshared. Looks like I'm going to end up "losing" $5 once this takes effect. Not bad, not bad at all. I've played a ton of games.[/QUOTE]

So other than the games you have hosted on your account you will just lose $5?

I am looking at $21 if the accounts are switched in me

I would think thats up to the two in the swap/trade/lend to decide. We can beat this just have to figure something out. Granted the cost goes up in a trade 1/2 instead of 1/5 and we would need honest and trusting hosts and a better way to keep track of hosts(which I believe some have wanted for awhile).

we are all still going to want the to play the same games, so why should we all pay full price. don't likeborowing, do swaps/trades. "I have a game yo want to play, you have a game i want to play let's do this"

think back to the nes/snes/n64/ps1/sega.... list goes on, before digital games we had carts, cds and still found ways to trade and borrow with friends.

[quote name='WV Matsui']So other than the games you have hosted on your account you will just lose $5?

I am looking at $21 if the accounts are switched in me[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I still needed to move Tomb Raider/Burn Zombie Burn ($5). I probably hosted 75% of my shares and sold every last one but that one. My Uncharted 3 online pass loses no value over these changes. There's always Trophy Hunters/Completionist who buy used and rent. $1.12 is a great price for a Platinum.

We can still get half off on games, just not a fifth anymore. On that note, I have the following shares I'd like to sell before this takes effect:

Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Far Cry 2
Pay Day
Child of Eden
Outland
Old PS+ Account with a ton of games, like Wipeout, Scott Pilgrim, Sam and Max...

i hope sony looses money over this and goes back. i mean c'mon first u drop the PS2 emulation, then Other OS support, then get hacked and were still here for ya. At the very least they should price psn games way cheaper after this.
PS3 it does.... less and less

[quote name='transcollector']I would think thats up to the two in the swap/trade/rental to decide. We can beat this just have to figure something out. Granted the cost goes up in a trade 1/2 instead of 1/5 and we would need honest and trusting hosts and a better way to keep track of hosts(which I believe some have wanted for awhile).

we are all still going to want the to play the same games, so why should we all pay full price. don't like rentals, do swaps/trades. "I have a game yo want to play, you have a game i want to play let's do this"

think back to the nes/snes/n64/ps1/sega.... list goes on, before digital games we had carts, cds and still found ways to trade and borrow with friends.[/QUOTE]

I agree! If DLC comes out for $15 that I really want I would much rather pay $7.50!

NSYNC. - the shares that you have hosted will be safe right? I mean if we trust the host and the group the shares we have should be good. Right?

[quote name='WV Matsui']NSYNC. - the shares that you have hosted will be safe right? I mean if we trust the host and the group the shares we have should be good. Right?[/QUOTE]

Ofcourse. I'm not leaving anytime soon. I want to see what happens to the thread.

[quote name='NSYNC']Ofcourse. I'm not leaving anytime soon. I want to see what happens to the thread.[/QUOTE]

I agree! I spend way too much time on here to leave this thread!

So only the host can deactivate?

[quote name='WV Matsui']I agree! If DLC comes out for $15 that I really want I would much rather pay $7.50!

NSYNC. - the shares that you have hosted will be safe right? I mean if we trust the host and the group the shares we have should be good. Right?[/QUOTE]

their we go. We are not beaten yet. We just need a better system. Keep track of hosts. Keep a list of honest/trusted hosts. we are all gamers here, only thing that has changed is the cost. 1/2 is still better than full and we still have sometime to get the 1/5 shares on stuff we want(recommend trusted hosts only).

[quote name='WV Matsui']So only the host can deactivate?[/QUOTE]

Everyone can. The host can reset all damage at anytime though. Remember when djratchet hosted the UC3 beta and people were changing the password? Add system deactivations ontop of that and you'll know how bad it's going to get. Someone like Usuyami is going to get flooded over Battlefield 3, because he/she hosted like every group. People will be trying to reactivate/deactivate other systems at an alarming rate.

The timing is unfortunate for me having just gotten a PS3, but what can you do? Looking to get some things before this happens though:

Pixeljunk collection
Marvel Pinball
God of War Collections
Magic 2012

Any interest in a share for the Pixeljunk collection or Marvel? Add your name:

Pixeljunk Collection
1. ConteJ85
Marvel Pinball
1. ConteJ85

[quote name='NSYNC']Everyone can. The host can reset all damage at anytime though. Remember when djratchet hosted the UC3 beta and people were changing the password? Add system deactivations ontop of that and you'll know how bad it's going to get. Someone like Usuyami is going to get flooded over Battlefield 3, because he's hosted like every group. People will be trying to reactivate/deactivate other systems at an alarming rate.[/QUOTE]

Change the password after the share. can't deactivate a system unless you have the password and none of us play the game on the account we got the game from anyway. get ready to trade the share/sell the share contact the host for a temp pass.
honest hosts and a good tracking system will be the key to keeping gamesharing alive.

[quote name='NSYNC']Everyone can. The host can reset all damage at anytime though. Remember when djratchet hosted the UC3 beta and people were changing the password? Add system deactivations ontop of that and you'll know how bad it's going to get. Someone like Usuyami is going to get flooded over Battlefield 3, because he/she hosted like every group. People will be trying to reactivate/deactivate other systems at an alarming rate.[/QUOTE]

Most of the guys around here are pretty good though right? I just don't see me, you, meek, Gatz, trans, crash, bastiardi, chewy etc etc etc (so many great guys and gals) all of us doing this shit.

Do we have a host list? Should we start one as best as we can? I know you have that email list but isn't that just for passwords?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Most of the guys around here are pretty good though right? I just don't see me, you, meek, Gatz all of us doing this shit.

Do we have a host list? Should we start one as best as we can? I know you have that email list but isn't that just for passwords?[/QUOTE]

I could make an "outline" at best over time, but matching the correct email to a host would be impossible. I don't have the info and probably never will. I do have a list of the one's I hosted though. I can probably remember some of my later one's I bought from CAGs too.

We could "rent" shares at any price, but PayPal/Amazon require atleast $1. So if you're charging .50, you'd have to send $1.50 then refund the dollar once they're finished for example.

[quote name='NSYNC']I could make an "outline" at best over time, but matching the correct email to a host would be impossible. I don't have the info and probably never will. I do have a list of the one's I hosted though. I can probably remember some of my later one's I bought from CAGs too.[/QUOTE]

There has to be a way to beat this! Occupy Sony!!!!!!

[quote name='joshuatly']PSN games bought after November 18th will be subject to a new two-device activation limit
http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/4/2537433/sony-psn-games-activation-restriction-november-18[/QUOTE]

Did you read or just post?

U guys should read some of these comments, apparently those euros are loaded lol, full of sh*t that is.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network/
'God news. Just saw a site the other day where people game share their games so they just pay 1/5 of the price. Sucks for them!!!'
'This needed to happen to stop all those gamesharing stealing peasants!'
'By the way, don't share your digital games. Buy It multiple times to give Sony more money...'

[quote name='raiden_86']u guys shoul read some of the comments, apparently these euro are loaded lol full of sh*t that is
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network/
'God news. Just saw a site the other day where people game share their games so they just pay 1/5 of the price. Sucks for them!!!'
'This needed to happen to stop all those gamesharing stealing peasants!'
'dBy the way, don?t share your digital games. Buy It multiple times to give Sony more money...'[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what really pissed me off this morning!

Apparently we are the devil and we were robbing Sony....

[quote name='WV Matsui']Yeah thats what really pissed me off this morning!

Apparently we are the devil and we were robbing Sony....[/QUOTE]
Well let's not pretend we weren't abusing the system in here.

I hope to get a few things before this goes away, but it seems like I may be SOL. :(

contej85, trade whatever shares you have. They're all worth the same at this point. You'll find people are going to be more willing now.

[quote name='contej85']Well let's not pretend we weren't abusing the system in here.

I hope to get a few things before this goes away, but it seems like I may be SOL. :([/QUOTE]
Bah, haters gonna hate. In the end, I spent more money on PSN than I ever would without the game sharing, just saying.

[quote name='NSYNC']contej85, trade whatever shares you have. They're all worth the same at this point. You'll find people are going to be more willing now.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a ton of shares to work with, thanks to just getting a PS3. I really hope I can find a group or a share to buy of the Pixeljunk collection though, after that, whatever.

[quote name='contej85']Well let's not pretend we weren't abusing the system in here. [/QUOTE]

yea but we lost the PS2 playback, other OS capability so were stuck w/ a sh*tty browser (have a laptop but ps3 is convenient for checking cag, email, youtube between games), then deal with the sony getting hacked & now this. let us keep something!
[quote name='djratchet']Bah, haters gonna hate. In the end, I spent more money on PSN than I ever would without the game sharing, just saying.[/QUOTE]
ditto! i would never have payed $20 for crysis or $45+ for castlevania HOD w/dlc.

This really hurts game sharing.

So we can online deactivate devices for all accounts or have each content have an individual activation after that date?

They're also removing $10 PSN cards and all their digital stuff for purchase offline too (GameStop the last major hold-out?). They want total control.

[quote name='NSYNC']They're also removing $10 PSN cards and all their digital stuff for purchase offline too. They want total control.[/QUOTE]

Jesus!

Amazon removed their PSN section and Best Buy is experiencing "glitches" with theirs. I think GameStop is last one standing for now.

well im glad i bought a share of BF3 instead of waiting a couple weeks. I'm just glad this doesn't affect purchases before Nov 18th. It would be chaos.

[quote name='Yanksfan']This definitely sucks. I don't mind going from 5 to 2 as much as I do about the security of our shares. :([/QUOTE]

we are going to have to rely on honest/trusted hosts. Host is the key to making this continue to work. Host should change account password after trade(to prevent deactivating) and when your done with the share and ready to sell/trade just contact the host for a temp password. when you sell/trade the share let the other person know who the host is so they can do the same.
If your uncomfortable with it, then become a host so you don't have to worry about being deactivated.
To prevent your "accidental"deactivation(offline stuff only) disconnect your system from the net till your done with your share(if it gets deactivated and your system is not connected, your system doesn't know so you can continue playing it till your done)
there are ways to beat this, and we are a great community, lets figure some system out.

So question....

Since we purchased the shares before Nov 18, just as long as we have a good host we can continue to sell that share buy a share as long as we can contact the host? That still sounds ok to me if everyone tries to play fair and doesn't go deactivating. I really don't see Sony getting that website working properly and correctly in the next two weeks!

$ony? Haha

[quote name='gamerGirl34']well im glad i bought a share of BF3 instead of waiting a couple weeks. I'm just glad this doesn't affect purchases before Nov 18th. It would be chaos.[/QUOTE]
No online deactivation for old accounts?

[quote name='transcollector']we are going to have to rely on honest/trusted hosts. Host is the key to making this continue to work. Host should change account password after trade(to prevent deactivating) and when your done with the share and ready to sell/trade just contact the host for a temp password. when you sell/trade the share let the other person know who the host is so they can do the same.
If your uncomfortable with it, then become a host so you don't have to worry about being deactivated.
To prevent your "accidental"deactivation(offline stuff only) disconnect your system from the net till your done with your share(if it gets deactivated and your system is not connected, your system doesn't know so you can continue playing it till your done)
there are ways to beat this, and we are a great community, lets figure some system out.[/QUOTE]

None of that is worth it to me, personally. I think I will be done with the days of buying/selling slots and will pursue a LT group with another person I trust.

[quote name='NSYNC']Amazon removed their PSN section and Best Buy is experiencing "glitches" with theirs. I think GameStop is last one standing for now.[/QUOTE]
Wait, are you saying Sony will no longer have PSN cards in retailers/online stores? We have to buy the credit directly through the PS store from now on? fuckin' A this day just gets worse and worse.

[quote name='contej85']I wonder how this will effect the PS+ share we just started recently. Will that suddenly go down to 2 systems?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me if all Plus accounts automatically went to 2 users in a firmware update. Maybe they'll give you three slots because you're "special" LOL! That seems like something Sony would do and say what a great value it is.

[quote name='randomdud']Wait, are you saying Sony will no longer have PSN cards in retailers/online stores? We have to buy the credit directly through the PS store from now on? fuckin' A this day just gets worse and worse.[/QUOTE]

I believe he is just referring to digital, not physical.

[quote name='randomdud']Wait, are you saying Sony will no longer have PSN cards in retailers/online stores? We have to buy the credit directly through the PS store from now on? fuckin' A this day just gets worse and worse.[/QUOTE]

Just online I think.

[quote name='contej85']I wonder how this will effect the PS+ share we just started recently. Will that suddenly go down to 2 systems?[/QUOTE]

Activations for any free games after 11/18 should go down to 2 systems, just like any purchased game. If you all keep up communication, you can decide who gets to use each game, but you all can't download them at the same time any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back