CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I thought it was fantastic. Much better than the Call of Duty, Crysis, (insert generic shooter here), etc campaigns anyways. The only recent FPS campagin I enjoyed more than BF3 was the Medal of Honor campaign. Multiplayer is really where it is at though.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think the Modern Warfare 3 campaign was amazing! I loved its story.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']I disagree. I think the Modern Warfare 3 campaign was amazing! I loved its story.[/QUOTE]

I was really surprised with how good the campaign was, scripted action sequences at their best. Spec Ops is improved, MP feels the same to me although I've only played 2hrs of it.

I'll still be around gamesharing, just not as much. Thanks for all the good games and goodtimes!

edit; psn is up for me

Last edited by a moderator:
The update has already gone live? I was gonna pick up a few more games for my personal account before they nerfed gamesharing, but I guess I'm too late? Shouldn't have waited till the last minute I suppose, I figured I'd at least have until midnight Nov 18th, the announcement by Sony was incredibly vague....

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I thought it was fantastic. Much better than the Call of Duty, Crysis, (insert generic shooter here), etc campaigns anyways. The only recent FPS campagin I enjoyed more than BF3 was the Medal of Honor campaign. Multiplayer is really where it is at though.[/QUOTE]
There where parts that felt really forced, like the time when you've got to knife someone, the game forced you to do it and it was just plain stupid because it was a lot easier to kill him with any gun.

And sometimes I would die without a reason, just walking by and then dead.

But there were also some kickass great missions.

[quote name='shytface']The update has already gone live? I was gonna pick up a few more games for my personal account before they nerfed gamesharing, but I guess I'm too late? Shouldn't have waited till the last minute I suppose, I figured I'd at least have until midnight Nov 18th, the announcement by Sony was incredibly vague....[/QUOTE]

They had announced that there would be maintenance today, and advised people to make purchases before the 17th. Keep in mind that it's almost never a good idea to do things at the last minute, especially with Sony.

[quote name='SL4V3DOG']edit; psn is up for me[/QUOTE]
Yeah same here. I was just able to sign in about 20min. ago, although online is the only thing back up. The store and account management are still down.

[quote name='Usuyami']You would think with the store down and all, some of you guys would spend some time actually playing games. ;)[/QUOTE]

Because, the first step is admitting you have a problem. :p
see, all these guys have a burning desire to purchase another share.

[quote name='sunghost']They had announced that there would be maintenance today, and advised people to make purchases before the 17th. Keep in mind that it's almost never a good idea to do things at the last minute, especially with Sony.[/QUOTE]

This is the only place I get news, and this is my first time visiting the gameshare thread, I only ever saw the psblog post that said "purchases made after the 18th" and nothing more.

I've only gameshared with a few close friends and family members from my personal account with purchases I paid for in full myself, and I'm pretty pissed about this update, while everyone here seems to be taking it rather well. Is that weird?

lol, forgot about promoting my shares...

Red Faction: Guerilla ($20, $4 a share)
1. jamehze (host)
2. cobolatrix
3. Fred87nc
4. Fred87nc

The account is set, the game bought. Account info will be PM'ed ASAP!

____

For sale:
Battlefield 1943 + Bad Company 2 Onslaught mode $2
Dead Nation + Superstardust HD (the last is a WB game) $2
Or get both for $3

Thanks.

[quote name='WV Matsui']That game is absolutely amazing!

Anyone start Jurrasic Park? I did today an it's pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

That is good to hear. I enjoyed HR quite a bit for what it was. Does it capture the feeling from the movies pretty well?

I have to disagree with you and side with cobolatrix. I felt the BF3 campaign was pretty terrible. It felt like a generic ripoff of CoD. The method of telling the story was a direct copy of Black Ops. I am not wanting or needing everything to be original, I just thought it was odd that they would use the exact same mechanic as the (then) most recent edition of their chief competitor. Beyond that though, I wasn't too impressed with the campaign sets, the characters or direction of the story, and there were many times where I would find my teammates and opponents running into each other and firing over and over, all while apparently missing even though they are face to face.

Not that CoD doesn't have its own issues, but I just felt that BF3 tried to emulate what CoD does, and failed to do so. I don't mind something that has been done before, as long as it is done well.

The MP, on the other hand, is where BF always shines and kicks the crap out of CoD. Same story here.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Ah so I had a busy day but enough about that: what'd I miss? 8^p

So sad to not see groups forming anymore![/QUOTE]

You missed pretty much 2 pages worth of chit chat. And iWarboy saying we all have a problem, haha!

[quote name='TurkFebruary']lol Wow, so I guess this is basically a chat room at this point?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it lol So what do we do now guys? Rent and actually trade instead of buy games? Lol

[quote name='jlazenby1']Looks like it lol So what do we do now guys? Rent and actually trade instead of buy games? Lol[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know about you guys but there's still plenty of games I've yet to play so I'll still buy old slots!

i know for myself gsharing has become a sort of an addictive Kmart shopping spree! anyone ever see the southpark episode where everyone was purchasing anything they could get their hands on? haha, was hilarious.

I'm not sure. Maybe the update isn't actually live yet? The only change I've noticed is that the PS3s and PSPs are listed together instead of seperately on qriocity lol..

Haven't tried buying any new content yet though, and it doesn't let me deactivate anything on qriocity (although I was trying it with a UK account, might be why).

Nope, can't deactivate from Qriocity. Tells you the only way to do it its from a console.

I'm sure it's live, because when you're going to buy an item, it now tells you you can download it on 2 consoles.

Damn stay on topic guys only form shares... Um nevermind!

I'm having withdrawal already!

-----------

I can't remember who asked about Jurrasic Park but when I first sat down to play it I was like meh and the. I looked up and 3 hours had gone by! If you like JP and you like Heavy Rain you will definitely like this!

------------

I wonder how long this thread will last... I will definitely miss seeing it at the top of my subscription list :(

You can choose to deactivate them all, and get the following message:

You are about to deactivate all devices on your account for game media.
This action can be performed only once every 6 months.
To play games that were previously downloaded, you will need to activate a device from the [Account Management] menu on the device.

[quote name='Junno']You can choose to deactivate them all, and get the following message:

You are about to deactivate all devices on your account for game media.
This action can be performed only once every 6 months.

To play games that were previously downloaded, you will need to activate a device from the [Account Management] menu on the device.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, and releives alot of stress. I was worried people would be doing it daily.

PLEASE READ BIOSHOCK 2 DLC HOLDERS

My Bioshock 2 DLC share was stolen. I have changed the username/password/pin and deactivated all accounts associated with it.

If you're a shareholder of this account please PM me. I will need to know who you bought the share from as proof. Hopefully this fishes out the person who stole the account.

I have a couple other accounts stolen, I will be contacting the hosts for those.

Account:
[FONT=&quot][email protected]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please Note: I was in the original group of this share. I will not touch accounts that I have a. not hosted; or b. I was not part of the original 5. Any slot that was sold to me I would do my best to contact the host and have it sorted. It would be great if we could all do the same.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[quote name='Jokerkun890']PLEASE READ BIOSHOCK 2 DLC HOLDERS

My Bioshock 2 DLC share was stolen. I have changed the username/password/pin and deactivated all accounts associated with it.

If you're a shareholder of this account please PM me. I will need to know who you bought the share from as proof. Hopefully this fishes out the person who stole the account.

I have a couple other accounts stolen, I will be contacting the hosts first for those.

Account:
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Damn shame. I hope you get it all figured out, I'd love to eventualy buy/rent the share from you.

I've deactivated all slots on the hotpursuitcag, protops3 and bf1943 accounts and changed the passwords. PM me if you actually own a share as these accounts that I have hosted had stolen slots. I will require proof.

I've reported this to as many people as I could on the Hot Pursuit group, but could not locate everyone in the Prototype or BF1943 group.

Most important thing is to check if NSYNC's source was correct and that old accounts can still buy new games and activate on 5 systems! Someone get to it!

Can somone who's had one of their shares deactivated through Qriocity try playing the game?

Let's see if we can get 5 extra shares every 6 months :p

Edit:

Confirmed!

I deactivated all slots for [email protected] and can still play it from my main account, and Qriocity shows it's activated in 0 accounts.

Looks good! :D

[quote name='Junno']Can somone who's had one of their shares deactivated through Qriocity try playing the game?

Let's see if we can get 5 extra shares every 6 months :p[/QUOTE]

LOL I don't know if that's worth it.. having to wait 6 months. Has anyone bought anything after the update went live? I wanna see if it lets you choose which 2 PS3s can play that content via qriocity.

[quote name='Junno']Can somone who's had one of their shares deactivated through Qriocity try playing the game?

Edit:

Confirmed!

I deactivated all slots for [email protected] and can still play it from my main account, and Qriocity shows it's activated in 0 accounts.

Looks good! :D[/QUOTE]

Oh this is exciting. Will it work for games that require an online connection? I can't check my ps3 this weekend because there's a big game on saturday and then I'm going home for the Thanksgiving.

[quote name='sunghost']LOL I don't know if that's worth it.. having to wait 6 months. Has anyone bought anything after the update went live? I wanna see if it lets you choose which 2 PS3s can play that content via qriocity.[/QUOTE]

Thing is you can potentially right now get 5 extra shares from every account.

This of course won't work if you want to delete the profile and download later.

What I'm thinking is, you can sell the 5 new shares to trusted members for 1/10 of the price on the deal that they deactivate if for some reason your PS3 dies or you deactivate the account.

Heck, could even be for free to trusted members.

Still think there's potential here.

Edit:

Confirmed!

Looks good! :D[/QUOTE]

Did you disconnect from the Internet before trying to play? :)

Be careful in discussing the new/old exploit. Sony donkeys are sure to be lurking.

p.s. This could very well mean the continuation of 4-person shares.

[quote name='Usuyami']Did you disconnect from the Internet before trying to play? :)[/QUOTE]

Nope, always online.

Haven't tried logging in with the account the game was downloaded from, though I doubt it'll make a difference.

Can check later.

[quote name='Junno']Thing is you can potentially right now get 5 extra shares from every account.

This of course won't work if you want to delete the profile and download later.

What I'm thinking is, you can sell the 5 new shares to trusted members for 1/10 of the price on the deal that they deactivate if for some reason your PS3 dies or you deactivate the account.

Heck, could even be for free to trusted members.

Still think there's potential here.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but you should get permission from all slot holders before you start deactivating all of the slots on the accounts. I hope that no one had slots on your festival of blood account lol, or that they agreed to it.

[quote name='Junno']Nope, always online.

Haven't tried logging in with the account the game was downloaded from, though I doubt it'll make a difference.

Can check later.[/QUOTE]

Don't do that. Pretty sure if you login with the account the game is on, it'll deactivate you.

[quote name='sunghost']That's true, but you should get permission from all slot holders before you start deactivating all of the slots on the accounts. I hope that no one had slots on your festival of blood account lol, or that they agreed to it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on this. Every member who owns a share should agree before doing this, and whoever got an extra share should stay true to their word and deactivate if one of the original share holders needs to reactivate.

I'm guessing 4-way sharing is the best thing to be done with this.

The first two people (Those that cannot reactivate) could pay 1/8 of the price each since they can't resell, and the other two, the ones that can resell, pay 3/8 of the price each. Or something along the lines.

This should be discussed.

[quote name='Usuyami']Don't do that. Pretty sure if you login with the account the game is on, it'll deactivate you.[/QUOTE]

You were right, works as long as you don't sign in with the account it was bought from.

I know I should've trusted you on that, but had to take the risk to be sure :p

[quote name='Junno']You were right, works as long as you don't sign in with the account it was bought from.

I know I should've trusted you on that, but had to take the risk to be sure :p[/QUOTE]

You did it for the greater good. Now we have confirmation. :)

Guys, delete your "dangerous" posts, and take discussion via PM, especially you Junno, you don't want you know who to fix you know what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back