CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty annoyed... When I got a new PSP I sold my first PSP and deauthorized all my accounts on it before selling. On Qriocity it says I have two PSPs activated on my main account but there should only be one. If I deactivate one of them is that gonna block me from also deactivating PS3s for 6 months? I'm gonna need that 2nd PSP slot back whenever I get a Vita.

If anyone is kind enough to write the new activations rules on the wiki, feel free. Preferably those who have first hand knowledge on the issue (ie: the ones who deactivated the accounts already)

EDIT: Excited to see the new posts once I wake up tomorrow. Good night everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='transcollector']just woke up and trying out the deactivating system. Anyone know if there is a way to tell what system is is what on qriocity???[/QUOTE]

only if you named your system

You could deactivate a system manually, and then name the remaining system on Qriocity, then re-activate your second system and then name that one. That'd work fine, right? I think I'm gonna do that tomorrow. The only activated system I don't have access to on my personal account is that damn PSP I sold.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']You could deactivate a system manually, and then name the remaining system on Qriocity, then re-activate your second system and then name that one. That'd work fine, right? I think I'm gonna do that tomorrow. The only activated system I don't have access to on my personal account is that damn PSP I sold.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure the only way to name a system is on the system itself.

I recommend you guys to name your PS3s via qriocity to your CAG username whenever you buy slots now, far easier to keep track of slot holders that way.

meh, doesn't matter seeing as you can only deactivate ALL systems and only once every 6 months from PC. Any individual deactivations have to be done from the systems themselves. good for "our" security needs, bad if you have or get ylod.

[quote name='bastiartadi']EDIT: 3 hours in and I've already lost an account.[/QUOTE]

That's because you got people worrying about themselves and not the group. Add in scammers, and all hell is about to break loose.

EDIT: Hosts that have sold their slots are going to fall into free games by default. This is also why I "cashed out". How nobody else saw this coming, I dunno. Some wise guy will change the pass and get a slot for themselves. The host will then reset everything and sit on the account for 6 months or until everyone is accounted for. smh

EDIT2: Please don't pass on hosting responsibilities. You're just making things even more complicated. Everyone isn't dialed in that much to the thread. A second host asking for "proof" is absurd. To clarify, a second host could very well be your scammer selling off the empty slots. That's why I didn't understand people pushing this idea and jlazenby1 coughing up NFS: HP to jamehze. Yeah, it worked that time, but long-term?

[quote name='TurkFebruary']pretty sure the only way to name a system is on the system itself.[/QUOTE]
I got the impression those are just nicknames on Qriocity, I know my PS3 is not named PS3 1 in real life as shown on that site.

Yup, just renamed one. I know which one that PS3 is cause it's the only one with videos activated.

Oh man I hope I don't lose my Fifa 12 share.. BTW this "thing" you guys got going on feel free to fill me in via PM if you got the time ;)

EDIT: Also when you deactivate all ps3s does that mean in can be activated on 5 again or will the limit be changed to 2? I'm pretty clueless right now =/

[quote name='MrRosales']Oh man I hope I don't lose my Fifa 12 share..[/QUOTE]

Ha!

I feel you.

I bought 3 shares(3 different host) of Battle Field 3 but I was told by all 3 of them that they will change the pass to be safe.

I think the safest thing was for the host to change the password to prevent any shadiness. I agree with NYSNC, I think that some hosts will have there own agendas, but most are trustworthy.

[quote name='bastiartadi']EDIT: 3 hours in and I've already lost an account.[/QUOTE]

That's because you got people worrying about themselves and not the group. Add in scammers, and all hell is about to break loose.

EDIT: Hosts that have sold their slots are going to fall into free games by default. This is also why I "cashed out". How nobody else saw this coming, I dunno. Some wise guy will change the pass and get a slot for themselves. The host will then reset everything and sit on the account for 6 months or until everyone is accounted for. smh

EDIT2: Please don't pass on hosting responsibilities. You're just making things even more complicated. Everyone isn't dialed in that much to the thread. A second host asking for "proof" is absurd. To clarify, a second host could very well be your scammer selling off the empty slots. That's why I didn't understand people pushing this idea and jlazenby1 coughing up NFS: HP to jamehze. Yeah, it worked that time, but long-term?
[quote name='Brainberry']I bought 3 shares(3 different host) of Battle Field 3 but I was told by all 3 of them that they will change the pass to be safe.[/QUOTE]

It'll only be safe if nobody resells. Once people start reselling old accounts (which they will), everything is just as, if not more vulnerable. Nobody listened to me when I said hosts have complete control, and passed it off as overreacting/panic. People just didn't think this through enough.
[quote name='jlazenby1']It really does suck, even if the host recovers the info from the email if the slots are gone we gotta wait 6 months[/QUOTE]

This CAG gets it. You're gonna see alot of people asking for the new temporary password to try and combat this.
[quote name='transcollector']now it will be easier to track scammers. host can see how many activations someone takes, so if host gives the account info to 1 person at a time, they can track activations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Heavyd814life and I tried this to figure out what happened with Splinter Cell. Unfortunately, we got timed out due to error codes.
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I think you could always do that through Qriocity, the only new thing is you can deactivate through there.[/QUOTE]

True. But the hosts usually didn't refresh Qriocity, and gave everyone the account info at once or around the same time. This probably would've been the future if five activations were still available, but it's now down to two.

now it will be easier to track scammers. host can see how many activations someone takes, so if host gives the account info to 1 person at a time, they can track activations.

[quote name='jlazenby1']It really does suck, even if the host recovers the info from the email if the slots are gone we gotta wait 6 months[/QUOTE]

This CAG gets it. You're gonna see alot of people asking for the new temporary password to try and combat this.

[quote name='transcollector']now it will be easier to track scammers. host can see how many activations someone takes, so if host gives the account info to 1 person at a time, they can track activations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Heavyd814life and I tried this to figure out what happened with Splinter Cell. Unfortunately we got timed out due to error codes.

I think you could always do that through Qriocity, the only new thing is you can deactivate through there.

[quote name='NSYNC']That's because you got people worrying about themselves and not the group. Add in scammers, and all hell is about to break loose.

It'll only be safe if nobody resells. Once people start reselling old accounts (which they will), everything is just as, if not more vulnerable. Nobody listened to me when I said hosts have complete control, and passed it off as overreacting/panic. People just didn't think this through enough.

Yeah. Heavyd814life and I tried this to figure out what happened with Splinter Cell. Unfortunately, we got timed out due to error codes.[/QUOTE]

It's not as bad as you make it seem. YOU KNOW WHY! ;)

If anyone is in any real danger of losing money, it's the people who buy shares from scammers who deactivates an account..

[quote name='Usuyami']It's not as bad as you make it seem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. In 3 hours someone stole from the thread's OP and a couple people are holding accounts hostage.

[quote name='MrRosales']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

We don't know for sure, but it's assumed it'll still be five. Ask jamehze or Jokerkun890. They've already done the reset.

Now am I safe to assume should a host or someone in a group change the deactivate all PS3 systems. That the games will still work so long as I don't log into that account. Meaning I can keep the games but unable to resell my share to someone. I wanna make sure to prevent myself from logging in a deactivated account, I really don't want to lose my games.

We don't know for sure, MrRosales. It's assumed it'll still be five. Ask jamehze or Jokerkun890. They've already done the reset.
[quote name='mikehaggar99']If you manage to log in and redownload from PSN won't it activate again?[/QUOTE]

Usually. Sometimes people only download the demo by mistake and lose their share. Make sure you download DLC, unlock keys or manually do it in Account Management to be on the safe side.

[quote name='jlazenby1']Offering Dantes Inferno for the pass to [email protected] I wanna give my slot to a friend so itd be nice to have it[/QUOTE]

Almost certain you can find the host with that email. The group was formed in the old the thread, so do a search and hit every person associated with Fallout 3 a PM. The host or someone who has a slot will cough it up after a couple of weeks. Also check your PayPal history. A name may sound familiar.

[quote name='sunghost']I recommend you guys to name your PS3s via qriocity to your CAG username whenever you buy slots now, far easier to keep track of slot holders that way.[/QUOTE]
far easier for big ($ony) brother to know where to look for, too... :roll:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8268136&postcount=5913

that guy never replied my PMs (other group), I think he was the host judging by his post, and that it's one of the emails on the list.

[quote name='sunghost']I recommend you guys to name your PS3s via qriocity to your CAG username whenever you buy slots now, far easier to keep track of slot holders that way.[/QUOTE]
far easier for big ($ony) brother to know where to look for, too... :roll:

Wow, so many names I recognized in the old thread that have just vanished. All in a matter of months too. Didn't realize that many people posted in the thread. I figured it was 20 tops and a bunch of lurkers, haha.

I also mailed some hosts cause I changed the password. PM's send

Hi

Due to the new update of PSN I took the liberty of changing the password as a security reason, before somebody with worse intentions takes over. Since you are the host, I will give you the password and you can change it to something to your liking. I suggest that since it's too easy to deactivate accounts with the new system, you keep this password to yourself. If shareholders needs to have the credentials you can give a specially for him generated password so that if something goes haywire, we can pinpoint the guy. As added verification security shareholders need to prove that they are a shareholder by providing the ps3 ID so the host can compare it to the activated ps3.

If shareholders wants to sell the shares, it is best that they give the new buyers your credentials so they can contact you any time. I suggest e-mail address (not all buyers are from CAG I guess).
Here are the new credentials. Sorry to have changed the password without permission! I hope you understands

Do check if you remember your B-day of the PSN account before changing or handing over any passwords..

Kind regards,

Zuttasoxx

I started doing so, it's actually a good idea to track where "your" slots went (I kept the original members' list).

Zuttasoxx, you shouldn't be changing passwords of accounts you didn't host, you would have liked someone did it to one of your accounts?

I know you did it out of your good heart, but still...

EDIT: agree with NSYNC (below), you connect to CAG, see your PMs and read that after a bad day? ouch, I know I wouldn't like, host might get pissed off at you and lock YOU out/ignore you, lol

[quote name='harleymandvdson']So how exactly do we deactivate our accounts?[/QUOTE]

Fill your bathtub with water and baking soda wait 4 minutes then toss your PS3 in and walk away. Just walk away brother!

I could only imagine some people's reaction when reading that PM. Good intentions Zuttasoxx, but people are wound up more than usual on the internet. You really put a bullseye on your back if accounts start having issues doing that. If the host can't contact everyone that rightfully owns a share, it gets even worse.

EDIT: Post what you've changed in the thread so people don't falsely pin you for lost accounts. Hide some characters though. Any host who knows for certain the 5 shareholders think about "wasting" the deactivation yet? Gives them six months to block this mess out.

I think you're better off politely asking the host to change the password, only the host should have the right to do that. I agree that he has good intentions though.

Any host who knows for certain the 5 shareholders think about "wasting" the deactivation yet? Gives them six months to block this mess out.

Yeah, we all agree it's the right thing to do. It's just the "I'm telling you what to do, what's best" that might rub people wrong. People complain about font color and post count here, haha. They may feel invaded, that's all.

Just checked qriocity.. You can't see the ps3 id of those ps3's activated.. Hope this is not the final website. It should not be cause qriocity isn available in some countries so there should be another way.

We can assign our own ID's and figure which PS3 belongs to who if we start from scratch. meeek suggests not using your CAG name, so we'd need a private masterlist. It is the final website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back