CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TurkFebruary']Thanks for the courtesy man, he just bought it off me. Enjoy the K&L games, let me know what you think of them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the deal, will let you know what I think after I check them out this weekend.

[quote name='meeek']
PS: has anyone ever had their ps3 scratch a BR disc? (severely, to the point of unplayable)[/QUOTE]

It is very difficult to scratch a BR disc as they are hardcoated with a scratch resistant material to protect the data which is written much closer to the surface than on a DVD or CD. If your system is causing damage to the hard coating on a BR disc than it probably has some kind of debris inside the drive and should be checked out soon.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']No but be very careful of fingerprints on the disc! I'm told that may be the reason why my old system stopped reading discs last summer.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct, finger prints cause additional stress to the laser reading the disc, which will cause the system to run hotter (possibly overheating) and the laser to burn out way sooner than it should. I have lost one ps3 to fingerprints and am now extra careful to check every disc before I put them in.

Hadn't any fingerprints, game went from its box straight to the disc tray, I've only been playing this BR and psn games since I bought it.

I'll upload pics soon, it's... something to see, it's not only scratched, there's weird wave patterns/marks on it.
The disc is "cut" in half, too, but that won't show on the pic... unrealistic!

Very good tip about the fingerprints though!
How do you clean said fingerprints? I have a few other discs covered with them...

PS: on a side, but related (game is M12) note, Randy Moss is unretiring -he's 35.

[quote name='meeek']Hadn't any fingerprints, game went from its box straight to the disc tray, I've only been playing this BR and psn games since I bought it.

I'll upload pics soon, it's... something to see, it's not only scratched, there's weird wave patterns/marks on it.
The disc is "cut" in half, too, but that won't show on the pic... unrealistic!

Very good tip about the fingerprints though!
How do you clean said fingerprints? I have a few other discs covered with them...

PS: on a side note, Randy Moss is unretiring (he's 35)[/QUOTE]

I have a soft rag that I got when I got my glasses that doesn't scratch the lens. It works beautifully on ps3 discs... So I guess anywhere you get prescription glasses would probably sell them

[quote name='TurkFebruary']I have a soft rag that I got when I got my glasses that doesn't scratch the lens. It works beautifully on ps3 discs... So I guess anywhere you get prescription glasses would probably sell them[/QUOTE]

This. Plus make sure to wipe away from the center of the disc, in sections.

Buying (PayPal):
- Battlefield 3 + DLC
- L.A. NOIRE (Complete Edition)

Selling:
- Back to the future -> $2
- EA Sports MMA (Phantom) -> $3
- Jurassic Park: The game -> $6

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Okay I just got my new PS3 but I didn't deactivate my slots on my old PS3 before it died.... Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

You can deactivate remotely now.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Okay I just got my new PS3 but I didn't deactivate my slots on my old PS3 before it died.... Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Think you're out of luck on shares, you'll need to buy them again. Your main, you can reset remotely now.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Think you're out of luck on shares, you'll need to buy them again. Your main, you can reset remotely now.[/QUOTE]
Damn that kind of blows since I'm out of money, and losing all of my shares is gonna suck....

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Damn that kind of blows since I'm out of money, and losing all of my shares is gonna suck....[/QUOTE]

Yeah but eventually you'll be back in the swing of things. Should reset your main and sell or trade shares of it, it'll get you started again.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Damn that kind of blows since I'm out of money, and losing all of my shares is gonna suck....[/QUOTE]

What did you lose?

[quote name='harleymandvdson']From what I know, a Black Ops slot, Annihilation and Rezzurection slot, A Pure slot, and a Mushroom wars slot.[/QUOTE]

lol I'm thinkin the Pure slot was no big loss! 8^p

[quote name='harleymandvdson']From what I know, a Black Ops slot, Annihilation and Rezzurection slot, A Pure slot, and a Mushroom wars slot.[/QUOTE]

Could be much much worse, I know I'd lose about 100$ worth of shares if my PS3 shut down.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']lol I'm thinkin the Pure slot was no big loss! 8^p[/QUOTE]
Yeah it wasn't at all lol.
[quote name='Reo 15x']Could be much much worse, I know I'd lose about 100$ worth of shares if my PS3 shut down.[/QUOTE]
And true.

[quote name='Reo 15x']Could be much much worse, I know I'd lose about 100$ worth of shares if my PS3 shut down.[/QUOTE]

I'd lose about $400.. Hilarious when you consider I have about $150 worth of PS3 disc games. If it wasn't for gamesharing, Sony would make very little from me. I'm stingy as hell.

Alice: Madness Returns (4566MB), American McGee's Alice (946MB) & Weapons of Madness and Dresses DLC (145KB)
1 slot available - $14.00

Batman: Arkham City - The Arkham Bundle (232MB)
1 slot available - $5.00

Burnout: Paradise (3325MB) + Time Savers Pack (100KB)
1 slot available - $4.00
Includes Super Stardust HD (275MB), Wipeout HD + Fury (1778MB) and various Rock Band tracks.

Dante's Inferno Dark Forest Pack DLC (307MB)
2 slots available - $1.00 each
Includes the Disco Inferno costume, Stone of Wrath relic, and a prequel level featuring new enemies, puzzles, storyline, and 2 trophies!

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Online Pass (555KB)
3 slots available - $1.12 each
----------
Rayman: Origins (1454MB) & Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves (1069MB)
1 slot available - $15.20

Sonic Generations (8704MB)
1 slot available - $18.20

[quote name='Yanksfan']I lost hundreds from a long term group when my last PS3 died. :([/QUOTE]

Surely you're still in touch with the other members? I'm sure they'd understand if you remote deactivated.

Anybody have Burnout Paradise DLC or an inexpensive version of the Ultimate Edition? I have Burnout Paradise + Big Surf Island, but I want to get the trophies to 100%.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Yeah but eventually you'll be back in the swing of things. Should reset your main and sell or trade shares of it, it'll get you started again.[/QUOTE]

This. You can share a phantom of your main account. Just make sure you sell to a regular. You should be able to get a few to get you started if you have a couple of games in your account.

Might as well use the phantoms if you're going to reset it.

As for what I'll lose, I might be out around $100. Biggest ticket item on my PS3 right now has to be Catherine ($13). Although it'll suck if I lose em all. I'm pretty sure at least 10 of the accounts activated on mine are full ps3 games.

Tbh, I'll be more bummed out for my lost game saves. Is there any way to back up all the game saves out once without going the back-up utility route?

[quote name='bastiartadi']
Tbh, I'll be more bummed out for my lost game saves. Is there any way to back up all the game saves out once without going the back-up utility route?[/QUOTE]

I use USB cards. A 2gb card will run you like 10 bucks in a best buy. I mean, a + membership offers online backup, so you could go that route too, but it never hurts to have a couple different options. Just have to remember to back it all up every so often if you go with USB's

Alice: Madness Returns (4566MB), American McGee's Alice (946MB) & Weapons of Madness and Dresses DLC (145KB)

Back to Karkand/Online Pass (1326MB), flOw + DLC (205MB), Monopoly PS Mini (67MB) & PAIN (1948MB) + DLC
1 slot available - $6.00
Includes Dead Nation (1424MB), LittleBigPlanet (2039MB) and R&C: Quest for Booty (2388MB). PM for more info on the PAIN characters, modes and levels.

1 slot available - $5.00

1 slot available - $4.00
Includes Super Stardust HD (275MB), Wipeout HD + Fury (1778MB) and various Rock Band tracks.

Includes the Disco Inferno costume, Stone of Wrath relic, and a prequel level featuring new enemies, puzzles, storyline, and 2 trophies!

2 slots available - $1.12 each
----------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bastiartadi']This. You can share a phantom of your main account. Just make sure you sell to a regular. You should be able to get a few to get you started if you have a couple of games in your account.

Might as well use the phantoms if you're going to reset it.

As for what I'll lose, I might be out around $100. Biggest ticket item on my PS3 right now has to be Catherine ($13). Although it'll suck if I lose em all. I'm pretty sure at least 10 of the accounts activated on mine are full ps3 games.

Tbh, I'll be more bummed out for my lost game saves. Is there any way to back up all the game saves out once without going the back-up utility route?[/QUOTE]
My main account has nothing on it except for my Ps+ that ran out a few days ago.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']I use USB cards. A 2gb card will run you like 10 bucks in a best buy. I mean, a + membership offers online backup, so you could go that route too, but it never hurts to have a couple different options. Just have to remember to back it all up every so often if you go with USB's[/QUOTE]

But you have to individually back-up each save game right? I guess I can do that once a month. I mean, there are only a handful of games that I'll be pissed if the game saves were wiped.

[quote name='bastiartadi']But you have to individually back-up each save game right? I guess I can do that once a month. I mean, there are only a handful of games that I'll be pissed if the game saves were wiped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it takes seconds to do. Except for games like Fallout which take like a minute, but really it takes very little time to do. Depends of course on how large the file size is.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']By the way, if any more GTA4 groups form with the month of +, I'd be down for a phantom for my good pal Harley![/QUOTE]

yup, and i'll have at the other phantom :)

Man, I wish Twisted Metal was on PSN. It looks like it would be really fun to play for a few days, but not enough to drop $60 on it. All my BBV closed too, so I can't even rent it. I assume it has an online pass too, which means RedBox won't be much help.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Man, I wish Twisted Metal was on PSN. It looks like it would be really fun to play for a few days, but not enough to drop $60 on it. All my BBV closed too, so I can't even rent it. I assume it has an online pass too, which means RedBox won't be much help.[/QUOTE]

Go for it!!!! I am picking it up tonight. I loved the demo. Brings back so many memories of my HS days with TM1&2!

[quote name='rams81']MK9 - $16 (Open to trades)[/QUOTE]

-Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 350+ Hours. Without "My Kung Fu Is Stronger" will be around 30-40 hours

Difficulty: 9/10

I want this plat now, haha.

Back to Karkand/Online Pass (1326MB), flOw + DLC (205MB), Monopoly PS Mini (67MB) & PAIN (1948MB) + DLC
1 slot available - $6.00
Includes Dead Nation (1424MB), LittleBigPlanet (2039MB) and R&C: Quest for Booty (2388MB). PM for more info on the PAIN characters, modes and levels.

1 slot available - $5.00

1 slot available - $4.00

----------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WV Matsui']Go for it!!!! I am picking it up tonight. I loved the demo. Brings back so many memories of my HS days with TM1&2![/QUOTE]

hehe, nah, I don't have a long term interest in playing it. I don't have any friends that are getting it, so I know I would only play it for a bit and move on.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']By the way, if any more GTA4 groups form with the month of +, I'd be down for a phantom for my good pal Harley![/QUOTE]

I think I really want a share of this too, sucks I gave all my PS+ codes away

:cry:

It's been so long since anything new , I'm fighting the urge to get Twisted Metal...must resist..

[quote name='NSYNC']Alice: Madness Returns (4566MB), American McGee's Alice (946MB) & Weapons of Madness and Dresses DLC (145KB)

1 slot available - $6.00

1 slot available - $5.00

1 slot available - $4.00

----------

1 slot available - $18.20[/QUOTE]
Mind trading Rayman for Catherine?

Buying (PayPal):
- Battlefield 3 & DLC
- L.A. NOIRE (Complete Edition)

Selling:
- Back to the future -> $2
- EA Sports MMA (Phantom) -> $3
- Jurassic Park: The game -> $6

[quote name='SL4V3DOG']I think I really want a share of this too, sucks I gave all my PS+ codes away

:cry:

It's been so long since anything new , I'm fighting the urge to get Twisted Metal...must resist..[/QUOTE]

It is coming to Redbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back