CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Pravado will kill me for being offtopic, but if anyone wants my PS4 Launch Day Edition please PM me. It's already 100% paid for with Amazon credit and will have release day shipping. It has come to my attention that I won't be able to afford retail games for it.

PS: Go easy on me Pravado. :)
Don't make me out to be some topic nazi lol. The dude was posting some completely off topic non-gaming music-related stuff. I don't think I was out of line for trying to keep things on topic. Your post is relatable to the topic at hand.

Regarding ps4 upgrades, they have just said your single player progress won't carry over. Also, based on what Sony has said about licensing, IF you are able to share both resell slots on ps4 consoles, only one person will be able to play it on their main. The other person will have to play it on the account itself, meaning they won't be able to get trophies on their main.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats good no??? means double on plats
xbone confirmed games will have two sets of achievements, i don't think playstation has. although if they do confirm it, it means for games like ass creed you will have to redo everything to get the platinum rather than just cross saving, so no not good news for platinum hunters.

Don't make me out to be some topic nazi lol. The dude was posting some completely off topic non-gaming music-related stuff. I don't think I was out of line for trying to keep things on topic. Your post is relatable to the topic at hand.

Regarding ps4 upgrades, they have just said your single player progress won't carry over. Also, based on what Sony has said about licensing, IF you are able to share both resell slots on ps4 consoles, only one person will be able to play it on their main. The other person will have to play it on the account itself, meaning they won't be able to get trophies on their main.
so essentially this will work if you have 2 PS4's in your household and you don't want to buy 2 of the same game. Ex: ID 1 buys the games on PS4 #2 so they can get the license and be able to use other psn ids on it. While his main PS4 is #1 and since he will be always be online hell be able to play his games. right?

Any one else having problems getting into bawsaq on GTA v? Been having problems, saying down for maintenance and cant get into some of the stocks like tinkle.
Don't know if you've heard but you have to be signed online (irl) for it to work. I bought a bunch of stocks for Ammunation since a lot of people will be buying weapons in multiplayer.

If the PS4 could have multiple users (at least 2-4, highly unlikely though) set to home, that would make game sharing possible.

You're gonna have to elaborate a lil more, not sure what you're getting at.

Basically what they've said is that it works like 360 does now. Each acct gets two licenses when it buys a game. One license goes to the console, so any user acct on the console a game is purchased on can play that game. The other license for a game goes to the gamertag, so as long as that gamertag is signed into psn, they will be able to play it, on any console.

This means the person with the console license can play on any tag, but there's only one console license per game, so the other person would have to play it on the gameshare acct if they want to play it.

Given that microsoft bans for the second profile thing (where you load up the game with the person with the gamertag license and then sign out to your actual gamertag) i'm going to assume Sony is aware of the situation and will find a way to prevent that

As of right now, based on my understanding of what they've said, game sharing is possible on ps4 but no phantoms and only one person will be able to get trophies on their main tag.

Don't know if you've heard but you have to be signed online (irl) for it to work. I bought a bunch of stocks for Ammunation since a lot of people will be buying weapons in multiplayer.
Yes I knew that, turns out it's rockstar's own servers that are buggy and crap. It worked today so got to do lesters first assassination mission and earnt a cool 1 mill, bringing my total with mike to 4 mill. Still early in game, hoping the other heists get some good money.

Anyone else want to start a group with three titles? COD, AC, BF, I'm running out of slots in my PS3.
You know you can have another 15 slots right? I found that out yesterday when I was swapping PS3's HDD for a bigger one. The old one will still work.. You just have to keep deactivating/reactivating if you wanna play games on the other HDD.

Yes I knew that, turns out it's rockstar's own servers that are buggy and crap. It worked today so got to do lesters first assassination mission and earnt a cool 1 mill, bringing my total with mike to 4 mill. Still early in game, hoping the other heists get some good money.
hey can u help me on Blacklist?

-Team Deathmatch

-Assisted teammates in 10 Spies vs Mercs objectives

You know you can have another 15 slots right? I found that out yesterday when I was swapping PS3's HDD for a bigger one. The old one will still work.. You just have to keep deactivating/reactivating if you wanna play games on the other HDD.
You can have more than 16 activations per system. I think they said you can have 100. You just need to delete the account. Leave the games though.

save all the assassination missions for post game, bc you'll have way more money to invest. the first heist gives you enough money to last you the whole game imo

You can have more than 16 activations per system. I think they said you can have 100. You just need to delete the account. Leave the games though.
I know my original phat-40GB PS3 had well over 100 accounts active over the course of it's life cycle and some friends had over 200 - however I deactivated most of them before deleting. Perhaps there is a limit of 100 that can be active at the same time (by deleting the account with deactivating), but I suspect there is no limit on that either.

The only limit I know of that is 100, is you can only GENERATE 100 PSN accounts on your console. However you can generate more online and use them just the same.

i have well over 100 activations on my ps3 currently active. I don't think there is a limit, mainly because every piece of content needs to be activated from small pieces of DLC to themes. To limit someone to 100 pieces of content doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

You're gonna have to elaborate a lil more, not sure what you're getting at.

Basically what they've said is that it works like 360 does now. Each acct gets two licenses when it buys a game. One license goes to the console, so any user acct on the console a game is purchased on can play that game. The other license for a game goes to the gamertag, so as long as that gamertag is signed into psn, they will be able to play it, on any console.

This means the person with the console license can play on any tag, but there's only one console license per game, so the other person would have to play it on the gameshare acct if they want to play it.

Given that microsoft bans for the second profile thing (where you load up the game with the person with the gamertag license and then sign out to your actual gamertag) i'm going to assume Sony is aware of the situation and will find a way to prevent that

As of right now, based on my understanding of what they've said, game sharing is possible on ps4 but no phantoms and only one person will be able to get trophies on their main tag.
It again all boils down to how many 'home' accounts you are allowed on one system, and how often you can remove/set an account to home status.

i have well over 100 activations on my ps3 currently active. I don't think there is a limit, mainly because every piece of content needs to be activated from small pieces of DLC to themes. To limit someone to 100 pieces of content doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.
Right, but those are activations from the same user. We're talking about having over 100 different users activated on a system concurrently.

hey can u help me on Blacklist?

-Team Deathmatch
-Assisted teammates in 10 Spies vs Mercs objectives

Yeah sure, my username is same as psn id. Is it good? Not actually started yet due to GTA lol.

save all the assassination missions for post game, bc you'll have way more money to invest. the first heist gives you enough money to last you the whole game imo
The first Lester mission is story based so hard to skip but will leave the others after big heist.

Could you replay the mission and if so would completing the mission affect the stock market?
When you replay a mission, it creates a save point which you revert to once you finish it. In other words, replaying missions is only for fun and have zero impact on your main save.

Fatal Frame Trilogy (Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, Fatal Frame III: The Tormented - Oct 1st) $29.97

Resell ($10)

Phantom ($5)

1. sierra

Anyone else want to start a group with three titles? COD, AC, BF, I'm running out of slots in my PS3.
I wouldn't mind joining and hosting, but just for the PS4 share, which we are still fuzzy about. It would drop everyone's price a few bucks with it.

Tiger had a great point about buying the season passes with these games, but I forget if you were the one who didn't want them. Let me know and I'll adjust this. I just have to figure out pricing and all that. This might not even work. Who knows. Trial run

Assassin's Creed IV Gold Edition + Battlefield 4 w/ Premium + COD: Ghosts w/ Season Pass on 1 slot

PS4

1. sgand (host)

Resell

Phantom

It's your share and you can do what you want <insert a music clip here>, but that's a bad move IMO. The CHEAP ASS approach would be to get ALL THREE season passes for only $40 more per resell.
You would start off by funding:
$80 AC4 GE
$60 BF4
$60 Ghost
$50 either shooter Season Pass.
Total funded is $250. You then get $50 back, which is in turn applied to get the other shooter season pass ;) Cost is $100/resell, and $25/phantom. It would be a shame to skip on that deal.

Again I post the idea, if we're sharing season passes, can't resells deactivate when all the content is out (a few months after release meaning the "deactivate all" function will be allowed again), let phantoms grab that content, and then make them phantoms again?

Again I post the idea, if we're sharing season passes, can't resells deactivate when all the content is out (a few months after release meaning the "deactivate all" function will be allowed again), let phantoms grab that content, and then make them phantoms again?
I don't see why not, but then how would you determine what the phantoms have to pay for those passes, considering they have to wait. And then what about the content that comes out after that first time they're allowed in to download it. You would also need to keep in touch with the other resell months to a year down the road. What if they aren't around? I think it's incredibly easier to just not give phantoms the pass.

I don't see why not, but then how would you determine what the phantoms have to pay for those passes, considering they have to wait. And then what about the content that comes out after that first time they're allowed in to download it. You would also need to keep in touch with the other resell months to a year down the road. What if they aren't around? I think it's incredibly easier to just not give phantoms the pass.
The groups I see are not charging phantoms for the passes, but could charge a reduced rate if using my method. The accts would be recovered after ALL the content is out for all the games, so no new content will be coming out. Keeping in touch on here is not hard, as those mutli game groups are for community regulars only. Worst case scenario you can't contact a resell and are out luck, best case you can actually get the content. I'd argue it's beneficial to try to make it work rather than to just say "nah not gonna bother." If it was up to me I'd have no problem doing it, as I'd be saving someone a lot of money for really no work or risk on my end

Is there going to be some standard for the price of the PS4 slots or is it just whatever the owners want to sell it for? I'm referring to the $10 upgrades here. Who were the architects of the current setup of splitting costs (1/3 and 1/6)? If I remember right, it was Bastiartadi and one or two other members. NSYNC and/or Usuyami? I know Bastiartadi still frequents the thread, but he doesn't post. How do you summon him?

Correct me if I'm wrong, on the above as well, but will taking the PS4 slot without the consent of one or both resells be considered unethical? I think it would be.

Let the anarchy begin.
As awesome as the title of architect is, I'm not sure if any of us really deserve it for what actually happened. People hosting were just setting their own prices until I started using the current pricing structure we have now and it caught on because people deemed it to be the most fair.

Until we know for sure what kind of system we'll be working with for the PS4, I think it's pointless to essentially be taking stabs in the dark. When they imposed the 2 system activations on us, it took us less than a day to figure out what the best course of action was going to be. If there's some way to play digital games for cheap on the PS4, I have full confidence we'll figure it out quickly.

If anyone deserves props, it's the people who stuck around when they axed the 5 system activations. A lot of people bailed on the community thinking it would die, but those that stuck around and figured out a new gamesharing system saved the community. A lot of people wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for them. Respect to everyone who was around during gamesharing threads #3 and #4. :bow:

If anyone deserves props, it's the people who stuck around when they axed the 5 system activations. A lot of people bailed on the community thinking it would die, but those that stuck around and figured out a new gamesharing system saved the community. A lot of people wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for them. Respect to everyone who was around during gamesharing threads #3 and #4. :bow:
Ha, it's very nostalgic to go back and reread what was going on. Like how the old template was:

Siren Blood Curse Group
1. sgand (host)
2. ayevenom
3. Tallest_Midget
4. gamegirl79
5. baoweezie

siren_blood_curse.jpg

Any resells available for GTA V and fifa 14?

Yet another friend who wants those games BADLY now that the games are out and all groups are created lol...

GTA5 group - $60

Resell - $20/each

Phantom - $10/each

1. Mageshadow

2. Fricco

Need these two slots filled AGAIN ( third damn time ) because people keep joining and then dropping for no reason.

Any resells available for GTA V and fifa 14?

Yet another friend who wants those games BADLY now that the games are out and all groups are created lol...
Want to join my group?

Tiger had a great point about buying the season passes with these games, but I forget if you were the one who didn't want them.
Was just tossing the idea out there for the community - I already setup groups for all the upcoming titles I committed to buying (rain, Watch Dogs, Batman).

Does the season pass carry over from PS3 to PS4? If so I may form a group for BF4/CoD Ghost.
I really hope so or I may end up just playing cod and bf4 on my ps3.

Still looking for another reseller interested in getting BF4 + Premuim season pass.

@Tiger Can you share what your idea was again?

I'm not sure about COD, but Battlefield does.
In that case, I'm starting a group for Battlefield.

Battlefield 4 + Season Pass

PS4 Slot: ($39.68 if someone else adds the $10 for the upgrade)

1. aShufflinZombie

Resells: $31.66

Phantoms: $8.50

Resells need to be vets as I probably won't get a PS4 until the holidays. (I will pay before October 29th)

CoD: Ghosts + Season Pass

PS4 Slot: aShufflin Zombie ($39.68 if someone else adds the $10 for the upgrade)

Resells: $31.66

Phantoms: $8.50

Same as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back