CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Day 2mor, hopefully GTA5 Online is a patch.
It is, heard that it might be a 55 mb patch since everything is already unlocked on the game. It's been confirmed for a month that its a free update to the game. But we'll see for sure tomorrow. No NBA for u bro?

NBA 2k14 on ps4 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJoyobk0tVM[/youtube]

In that case, I'm starting a group for Battlefield.

Battlefield 4 + Season Pass

PS4 Slot: ($38.68 if someone else adds the $10 for the upgrade)

1. aShufflinZombie

Resells: $31.16

Phantoms $8.50

I'm curious on the math here. When I added it up it didn't equal the $110. I know I'm missing something. Maybe I should just start an AC4 and CoD group, since it might be difficult to get a trio one started.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a resell for NBA 2K14 available. The game has already been pre-ordered.

I wouldn't mind joining and hosting, but just for the PS4 share, which we are still fuzzy about. It would drop everyone's price a few bucks with it.

Tiger had a great point about buying the season passes with these games, but I forget if you were the one who didn't want them. Let me know and I'll adjust this. I just have to figure out pricing and all that. This might not even work. Who knows. Trial run

Assassin's Creed IV Gold Edition + Battlefield 4 w/ Premium + COD: Ghosts w/ Season Pass on 1 slot

PS4

1. sgand (host)

Resell

Phantom

You'd save an extra $10 if you bought all content at the same time, as the last season pass would yield another $10, though it would mean an additional $50 up front.

There is also the problem of whether the season passes will transfer like the main games, where you keep both the PS3 and PS4 version. If you don't keep both you obviously won't be able to do it.

Just my two cents: I don't see why you would buy all of the content on one account instead of three. On one account, it's harder to sell phantoms in the future and in the rare chance your PS3 dies, you would lose all three games until the next 'date' instead of just one or two. (The idea is you would have only one or two active on your system at one time). You could also rent or lend out one or more of the games while playing another. Of course, PS3 user space could be a problem and getting phantoms for each of the accounts to start with could prove difficult.

The way I see it, there will be two types of groups involving the PS4: (Do not discuss specifics openly)

1. Games that can be upgraded from the PS3 version - This should in theory allow 2 phantoms for the PS3, 1 phantom for the PS4, 2 resells for the PS3 and 1 resell for the PS4.

2. Strictly PS4 games - This looks like it will allow one phantom and one resell, though the resell could rent out another slot to someone not concerned with trophies.

As number 2 will be much more prominent, how would the pricing look? $10 and $50? $15 and $45? $20 and $40?

It is, heard that it might be a 55 mb patch since everything is already unlocked on the game. It's been confirmed for a month that its a free update to the game. But we'll see for sure tomorrow. No NBA for u bro?

NBA 2k14 on ps4 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJoyobk0tVM[/youtube]
Getting NBA with friends once its confirmed that it will be sharable.

I'm curious on the math here. When I added it up it didn't equal the $110. I know I'm missing something. Maybe I should just start an AC4 and CoD group, since it might be difficult to get a trio one started.
Yeah it is a little over.

So far I'm liking the outlook as I don't plan on getting a ps4 til christmas so I'm all for cheaper resells. Wonder what the standard pricing is eventually going to look like.

@raiborg Depending on how many user accounts we could have, $20 $40 seems reasonable.

I'm just going to copy this template and make 2 groups instead of a super one. Will adjust prices accordingly.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition

PS4 Slot: (includes $10 upgrade fee)

1. sgand (host)

Resells:

Phantoms

Call of Duty Ghosts + Season Pass

PS4 Slot: $40 (includes $10 upgrade fee)

1. sgand (host)

Resells: $31.50

Phantoms: $8.50

Batman: Arkham Origins

Resells $20

1. sgand (host)

Phantoms $10

1. GamerDad08

2. Luxuria

Yeah it is a little over.

So far I'm liking the outlook as I don't plan on getting a ps4 til christmas so I'm all for cheaper resells. Wonder what the standard pricing is eventually going to look like.

@raiborg Depending on how many user accounts we could have, $20 $40 seems reasonable.
This is assuming we can even deactivate online.

I have a resell for NBA 2K14 available. The game has already been pre-ordered.

You'd save an extra $10 if you bought all content at the same time, as the last season pass would yield another $10, though it would mean an additional $50 up front.

There is also the problem of whether the season passes will transfer like the main games, where you keep both the PS3 and PS4 version. If you don't keep both you obviously won't be able to do it.

Just my two cents: I don't see why you would buy all of the content on one account instead of three. On one account, it's harder to sell phantoms in the future and in the rare chance your PS3 dies, you would lose all three games until the next 'date' instead of just one or two. (The idea is you would have only one or two active on your system at one time). You could also rent or lend out one or more of the games while playing another. Of course, PS3 user space could be a problem and getting phantoms for each of the accounts to start with could prove difficult.

The way I see it, there will be two types of groups involving the PS4: (Do not discuss specifics openly)

1. Games that can be upgraded from the PS3 version - This should in theory allow 2 phantoms for the PS3, 1 phantom for the PS4, 2 resells for the PS3 and 1 resell for the PS4.

2. Strictly PS4 games - This looks like it will allow one phantom and one resell, though the resell could rent out another slot to someone not concerned with trophies.

As number 2 will be much more prominent, how would the pricing look? $10 and $50? $15 and $45? $20 and $40?
The reasons I decided to host a multi-game account are:

1. I want all of the titles that are receiving a digital PS3 to PS4 upgrade on one account.

2. I want the same person as the other resell for the majority of PS4 shares, especially if it breaks the way most have described.

3. The credit will be used on the 4th title or the upgrade cost.

It is more difficult to move larger accounts. However, it is not impossible.

I think ashufflinzombie included the upgrade fee in his estimate. Although he would still be $2 off.

The prices need to be updated accordingly. The groups are going to be a bit chaotic.

PS4 Resell

PS3 Resell

PS3 Phantom

I assume the PS4 resell will be responsible for the PS4 upgrade fee.

For example,

COD Ghost + Season Pass $110 +$20 credit to be divided how members choose acceptable

PS3 Phantoms $7.50 (1/8 $60 Game)

PS3 Resells $31.67 (1/4 $60 Game + 1/3 $50 Season Pass)

PS4 Resell $41.66 (1/4 $60 Game + 1/3 $50 Season Pass + $10 Upgrade Fee)

The way I did the math was the PS3 slots got 15% off since I'm using the PS4 slot.

Regular resell pricing for $110 would be $36.67-15%=$31.169. I rounded down to $31.16.

Regular phantom pricing is $10-15%=$8.50.

$31.16+31.16+8.50+8.50=81.32

I am taking into account that the host would add all $120($60 game+ $50 season pass+ $10 upgrade fee).

120-81.32=$38.68

I pay $38.68.

Edit: For a moment I thought 8.5X2=19. It's actually 17 so PS4 slot got bumped a dollar and resells got bumped $.50.

Adjusted my post for the groups.

@Tiger Can you share what your idea was again?
Nothing about PS4 (because I don't care to speculate), just the way to use the $10 bonuses strategically:

It's your share and you can do what you want <insert a music clip here>, but that's a bad move IMO. The CHEAP ASS approach would be to get ALL THREE season passes for only $40 more per resell.
You would start off by funding:
$80 AC4 GE
$60 BF4
$60 Ghost
$50 either shooter Season Pass.
Total funded is $250. You then get $50 back, which is in turn applied to get the other shooter season pass ;) Cost is $100/resell, and $25/phantom. It would be a shame to skip on that deal.

The way I did the math was the PS3 slots got 15% off since I'm using the PS4 slot.

Regular resell pricing for $110 would be $36.67-15%=$31.169. I rounded down to $31.16.

Regular phantom pricing is $10-15%=$8.50.

$31.16+31.16+8.50+8.50=81.32

I am taking into account that the host would add all $120($60 game+ $50 season pass+ $10 upgrade fee).

120-81.32=$38.68

I pay $38.68.

Edit: For a moment I thought 8.5X2=19. It's actually 17 so PS4 slot got bumped a dollar and resells got bumped $.50.

Adjusted my post for the groups.
I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. I think I will adopt this model for now.

Another advantage to having 3 games on one acct is that people who have little to no room for extra accounts don't have to take up 3 slots, only 1

Kerouac, our group is still on for the prices listed before, right?

And thanks for catching my math mistake!

Can you fund a PSN account from a non-verified PP acount?
Don't think so but I have a verified account so I can't test it. For the group I joined, I can fund the group (you can still be the host if you want).

As for the $10 code back for every $50, how are we going to handle that?

As much as Kerouac's pricing scheme makes sense, a resell slot for a game plus the season pass would normally be $45. It's a absolute steal for $14 less. The phantoms get a discount simply for being apart of that specific group.

Timesharing Puppeteer. $3.

Timesharing Final Fantasy XIII-2. $2.

Selling Time And Eternity phantom.

OR

Timesharing Time And Eternity. We'll talk.

NEED THE CASH IMMEDIATELY SO WILL SELL TIME AND ETERNITY PHANTOM FOR $4...

What do you mean how so? They have already detailed how the digital stuff will work. Granted it is all subject to change.

From my previous post.

You can share the account with someone, and that person always needs to log in to play. The other person sets their PS3 to the 'home' system, and they do not have to log in to play, they can always play it, no matter what profile they are on.

Things they have not clarified.

1) How many accounts you can have on your machine with 'home' set.

2) If you can reset the 'home' tag, how often it can be reset.

If you PM to join a group I will ignore it and you will not be added.

Selling:(trusted CAGs only)
All are Resellable
Dead Island Riptide - $10

Potential Groups
All Stars Racing Transformed - $30
$10
1.FadiNg
----------------
$10

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2)
$20
1. apollyon
----------------
$10
3. tehreaper

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (3)
$20
1. krtgolfing
2. bossnian90
----------------
$10
3. snakeybro

Batman : Arkham Origins (4)
$20.00
1. sgand
----------------
$10.00
1. purplepanda
2. Luxuria

Battlefield 4
$20
----------------
$10
3. likeme
4. menikmati

Battlefield 4 (5)
$20
1. hyevltg3
----------------
$10
3. graverobberx

Call Of Duty : Ghosts (2)
$20
--------------------
$10
1. menikmati
2. tehreaper

Call of Duty Ghosts (5)
$20
----------------
$10
3. morsz
4. kvntwvlf

Castle of Illusion HD and Ducktales HD
$10
----------------
$5
3. wjgillieapie602
4. khaledseif

Ducktales HD (5)
$5
$2.50
1. plvl
2. WV Matsui

Flashback
$3.33
1. khaledseif
2. starshadow
----------------
$1.67
3. factor747

Girl Fight
$5
-------------------
$2.50
1. snakeybro
2. mrcheeses

Lone Survivor (2)
$4.33
1. pravado
2. theeliteone
----------------
$2.17
3. factor747

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
$10
1. shadowlombax
2. bow and arrow
----------------
$5
3. vashtheowner

Sherlock Holmes : Crimes and Punishments
$13.33
1. Boosted
----------------
$6.67
1. strange
2. bigwig_rah

South Park : The Stick of Truth (2)
$20.00
1. revanchist
----------------
$10.00
1. bigwig_rah

Strength of The Sword 3(uk psn)
Resale
1. Strange
----------------
Phantom
1.snowvixen
2.snakeybro

Watchdogs (4)
$20
1. kerouac
2. kerouac
----------------
$10

3. pravado

WWE 14 (2)
$20
----------------
$10

3. khaledseif

Completed
Fatal Frame Trilogy
$10
1. clonesniper666
2. El-Producto
----------------
$5
3. sierra
4. menikmati

Gundam Breaker - Discounted Phantoms
$23
1.clonesniper666
2.Pancakesarelove
----------------
$7
1. taavivesi
2. amatsuri

NBA 2k14
$20
1. kerouac
2. kerouac
----------------
$10
3. wwe101
4. nateninja

NBA 2k14 (2)
$20
1. krtgolfing
2. wpress
----------------
$10
3. snakeybro
4. snakeybro

NBA 2k14 (3)
$20
1. rams81
2. supremacy
----------------
$10
3. rams81
4. mrcheeses

NBA 2k14 (4)
$20
1. anwbear
2. hustlerkid
----------------
$10
3. likeme
4. unfrozen

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (2)
$15
1. ventli
2. cak
----------------
$10
3. strange
4. dragonjud

Urban Trial Freestyle
$2.67
1. wpress
2. shadowlombax
----------------
$1.33
3. snakeybro
4. locoxx

Future Groups (Will be here until game releases)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
$20
1. Yanksfan (host)
2. edzor
----------------
$10
3.menikmati
4.Albani310

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag/Batman Arkham Origins
$40
1. rpg
2. boosted
----------------
$20
3. captaintek3304
4. killkernal

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag+Battlefield 4 Premium Edition+COD Ghosts Complete
$alot
1. kerouac
2. whiskeycrazy
----------------
$10
3. pravado
4. kerouac

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Complete+Battlefield 4 Premium Edition+COD Ghosts Complete
$alot
1. Qdizzle
2. cgm92284
----------------
$25
3. bossnian90
4. tasihun

Batman Arkham Origins
$20
1. kerouac
2. tiger
----------------
$10
3. menikmati
4. wpress

Batman Arkham Origins (2)
$20
1. clonesniper666
2. yanksfan
----------------
$10
3. snakeybro
4. snakeybro

Batman Arkham Origins (3)
$20
1. azazael13
2. bigkrev13
----------------
$10
3. mauaus
4. fmills15

Battlefield 4 (2)
$20
1. boosted
2. boosted
----------------
$10
3. fmills15
4. snakeybro

Battlefield 4 (3)
$20
1. jdub_smooth
2. jdub_smooth
----------------
$10
3. tehreaper
4. tehreaper

Battlefield 4 (4)
$20
1. apollyon
2. revanchist
----------------
$10
3. bogydogy
4. albani310

Beyond: Two Souls
$20
1. azazael13
2. yanksfan
----------------
$10
3. bizmat
4. setup

Beyond : Two Souls (2)
$20.00
1. Boosted
2. Boosted
---------------
$10.00
1. GamerDad08
2. menikmati

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
$5
1. Kerouac (host)
2. SteamboatOp
------------
$2.5
1. sierra
2. plvl

Call of Duty Ghosts and Season Pass
$45
1. clonesniper666
2. pancakesarelove
----------------
$10
3. KB24
4. snakeybro

Call Of Duty : Ghosts
$20
1. Boosted
2. Boosted
--------------------
$10.00
1. TehReaper
2. noone13

Call of Duty Ghosts (3)
$20
1. wwe101
2. ginntokki
----------------
$10
3. luxuria
4. nateninja

Call of Duty Ghosts (4)
$20
1. wpress
2. locoxx
----------------
$10
3. yanksfan
4. morsz

Disgaea D2 ($30 code)
$10
1. pancakesarelove
2. vashtheowner
----------------
$5
1. allknights
2. captaintek3304

Gran Turismo 6
$20.00
1. Boosted
2. Boosted
--------------
$10.00
1. GamerDad08
2. menikmati

Lego Marvel
$16.67
1. rpg
2. boosted
----------------
$8.33
1. gamerdad06
2. wpress

Need for Speed : Rivals
$20.00
1. Boosted
2. Boosted
---------------
$10.00
1. GamerDad08
2. menikmati

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
$10
1. revanchist
2. rpg
----------------
$5
3. bigwig_rah
4. snakybro

Rocksmith 2014+DLC
$33.33
1. kerouac
2. wonkytoad
----------------
$16.66
1. jlazenby1
2. menikmatti

Rocksmith 2014
$20
1. setup
2. transcollector
----------------
$10
1. clonesniper666
2. frombrknwongs

South Park : The Stick of Truth
$20.00
1. Boosted
2. clonesniper666
----------------
$10.00
1. snakeybro
2. vashtheowner

The Guided Paradox
$16.66
1. Pancakesarelove
2. clonesniper666
----------------
$8.33
1. captaintek3304
2. braxis

The Wolf Among Us - ?? - Release Date ??/??/2013
$??
1. rpg
2.Yanksfan
---------------------
$??
1.menikmati
2. Bigwig_rah

The Wolf Among Us (2)
$??
1. Boosted
2.revanchist
---------------
$??
1. wjgillespie602
2. dormin

Watchdogs
$20
1. kerouac
2. tiger
----------------
$10[/color]
3. nateninja
4. menikmati

Watch Dogs (2)
$20.00]/b]
1. Boosted
2. Boosted
------------------
$10.00
1. GamerDad08
2. mauaus

Watchdogs (3)
$20
1. locoxx
2. shiftee
----------------
$10

3. snakeybro
4. snakeybro

WWE 14
$20
1. wpress
2. transcollector
----------------
$10

3. pravado
4. shiftee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Completed Groups:
Completed Groups: List 2

What do you mean how so? They have already detailed how the digital stuff will work. Granted it is all subject to change.

From my previous post.

You can share the account with someone, and that person always needs to log in to play. The other person sets their PS3 to the 'home' system, and they do not have to log in to play, they can always play it, no matter what profile they are on.

Another question will be if they allow multiple users to be signed in at the same time via separate controllers. If they allow it like that you should in theory be able to get the trophies on your main account(similar to GSing on the 360 via a license transfer).

Also: for the time being I will not be adding PS4 groups, even with only a single person paying a certain amount, so anyone with a group like that just needs to send me a PM once it is complete and once the PS4 is released I will more than likely make a new section depending on hte state of GSing on the PS4

From my previous post.

I mean, I don't get what this "home" thing you're talking about is. Unless it's a new feature to ps4 that i'm completely unaware of, that just sounds like console licenses tied to a game's drm which they have already elaborated on

i see that we dont have to rush PS4 groups , we should calm and wait until it come out , also dont forget that some of the upgradeable games will come with an upgrade code in the disc version , so it may get us the ps4 games cheaper when it release .

From my previous post.

Yep. If they make it one home account per console, it would effectively kill all online games, since most if not all will be using their main for the plus. This would mean to get online, you'd have to buy plus on the share. At that point, there isn't much incentive to do it. I don't see this being a problem, though. If they limited it to one, then any family members would have to be online to play the game on the same console. They would catch a lot of heat for that.

i see that we dont have to rush PS4 groups , we should calm and wait until it come out , also dont forget that some of the upgradeable games will come with an upgrade code in the disc version , so it may get us the ps4 games cheaper when it release .
Negative. PS4 games obtained in this manner require the PS3 disc in the system in order to play it.

I mean, I don't get what this "home" thing you're talking about is. Unless it's a new feature to ps4 that i'm completely unaware of, that just sounds like console licenses tied to a game's drm which they have already elaborated on
1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhfLBTPcG6U

Ok so essentially it's like 360's license transfer, but being able to be done infinite times and including the plus subscription

Basically a console license tied to a tag that can be moved... Still prevents game sharing in the ways I listed earlier this page or the last one though. Only one console will allow anyone on the console to play it, and the other share will have to be played on the account itself preventing them from getting trophies on their main (unless they move that switch their "home" console to their own console). This is essentially how 360 does it, and fits into what they said about licensing with ps4 so far.

One ps4 can obviously have multiple accts registered as it being their "home" system. There's no question about that, although the number of accts you can have is still unknown (i'm going to estimate it's going to have to be at least 10).  However I very highly doubt that one account can have multiple "home" systems, as that would be an extremely easy way to just give your friends free games. They're not going to overlook something like that that can end up losing them tons of money

Giving away a free slot of the FF XIII-2 DLC bundle(includes most of the DLC minus a few costumes and weapons).

Only a established members need apply. Also I will need to check that the my spot was never taken because I never did even activate my share.

Shares goes to likeme.

Ok so essentially it's like 360's license transfer, but being able to be done infinite times and including the plus subscription

Basically a console license tied to a tag that can be moved... Still prevents game sharing in the ways I listed earlier this page or the last one though. Only one console will allow anyone on the console to play it, and the other share will have to be played on the account itself preventing them from getting trophies on their main (unless they move that switch their "home" console to their own console). This is essentially how 360 does it, and fits into what they said about licensing with ps4 so far.

One ps4 can obviously have multiple accts registered as it being their "home" system. There's no question about that, although the number of accts you can have is still unknown (i'm going to estimate it's going to have to be at least 10). However I very highly doubt that one account can have multiple "home" systems, as that would be an extremely easy way to just give your friends free games. They're not going to overlook something like that that can end up losing them tons of money
But they openly allowed it on PS3 so...

If it's like X360 gamesharing, it should work like this.

System A buys the the content on their machine, giving them an offline license.

System B does a license transfer on the website to their machine.

System C can only use the account while logged in.

This essentially creates two phantoms and one resell but the resell can't play on their main. No one will know if this works for sure until the system releases but it's a start.

I know Bastiartadi still frequents the thread, but he doesn't post. How do you summon him?
1352700253656.jpg
su

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V. On October 1st there will be a small downloadable Title Update released on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Upon installation of that Title Update, direct access to begin GTA Online will be unlocked in your GTAV game menu.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html
So, what does this mean for phantom shares?

I'm not entirely sure, but does this mean we will have to go into the Playstation Store and download something or does it mean it'll come in the form of a patch?

If it's the former, phantoms may be in a bit of a pinch. If it's the latter, everything should go fine for everyone.

So, what does this mean for phantom shares?

I'm not entirely sure, but does this mean we will have to go into the Playstation Store and download something or does it mean it'll come in the form of a patch?

If it's the former, phantoms may be in a bit of a pinch. If it's the latter, everything should go fine for everyone.
When you launch the game it will ask to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back