CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a big risk. Especially for someone like you and ashufflinzombie who will be laying out $100 or more on the new games. It seems like it would have been a better choice to have the PS3 resells cover the full cost like normal with a financial contingency IF ps4 sharing works. That way the PS4 slot wouldn't be screwed if it doesn't work and it would be a bonus for the PS3 users if it does work. If PS4 slots don't work like expected I hope you don't expect the PS3 slots to pay you back. That is the risk you are taking but it seems like there could have been a smarter way to protect everyone (you especially) is all.
Of course I would not expect them to pay me back. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to go with it, but it was the easiest way to plan it out at the time. All the groups were filling up and as of right now, the AC4 group needs two resells (game + season pass $22.50!!!) so that might not even happen. In the end, I'm risking $70 to save $120. I'm okay with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resell please

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition

PS4 Slot: $30 (includes $10 upgrade fee)

1. sgand (host)
Resells: $22.50
1. Ravenbear
Phantoms: $7.50
1. fmills15
2. techguru928

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition

PS4 Slot: $30 (includes $10 upgrade fee)

1. sgand (host)
Resells: $22.50
Phantoms: $7.50
1. fmills15
2. techguru928

Anyone selling Gta 5 phantom for 18$ ?
A phantom would be ~$10. Guessing you meant resell.

Speaking of which, from Rockstar:

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week.

‘Don’t Spend It All in One Place!’

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible...
Source.

Lone Survivor resell - $4.25

Excellent game. All proceeds going to Extra Life.
i agree that this game was excellent. beat it a few days ago. it's like a 16 bit silent hill. Also if you are going for the platinum I think it requires 3.5 playthroughs so there's some replayability (game is only about 5-6 hrs long). On top of that if you ever run out of supplies the game has a way of giving them to you during every save you make (take blue pill before saving for ammo, take green pill for batteries, and if you run out of pills more will spawn in your bathroom - however these pills affect the ending you get)

What you guys are saying is why I wanted to do it on my main account, least that way I know I'll still have the option to upgrade at a discounted price!

If one of my friends got to play them on PS4 then that would be a bonus!

We don't know for sure, it is just speculative at this point. People were creating some groups just to be ahead of the curve. The thing that no one has discussed with those groups is what happens to the PS4 slot if gamesharing doesn't work. Some of the groups have $35-$45 pushed onto the PS4 slot and therefore everyone else is discounted. If it doesn't work like how we are talking about the who is gonna pay that $40 the PS4 person was supposed to pay?
Plus we still don't know if upgrading to the ps4 version removes the license for the ps3 version, that could be a huge deal

A phantom would be ~$10. Guessing you meant resell.

Speaking of which, from Rockstar:

Source.
Ah so money is now useless in MP just as it is in SP. Great

btw, is it possible to fund an eu ps+ account using a US credit card? i'm assuming it'll just charge me the converted rate, right?

Plus we still don't know if upgrading to the ps4 version removes the license for the ps3 version, that could be a huge deal

I am pretty sure they said you keep both. It wouldn't make sense to remove the license because you would then be paying $70 for the PS4 version which is stupid.

If you know anyone else that might want a resell, we could start a group because me and JALBASHA want Phantoms. Just need soemone else who wants a resell. ( Diablo III )
hey i will start group with u for resell, i asked tehreape before but he turned me down, you can pm me if you want to discuss there

Dat plus update doe. That's a pretty sweet update indeed, the european plus is pretty incredible. I predict GOW:A and Last of Us will be free for PS Plus this christmas or one of them in the next 6 months :p Would be great. 

btw, is it possible to fund an eu ps+ account using a US credit card? i'm assuming it'll just charge me the converted rate, right?

Seriously? Sure you can buy the most expensive apartment with some money leftover, but have you looked at the cars? There are million dollar cars and upgrades for everything are fuckin' ridiculous. 500k ain't SHIT

is there anywhere to buy EU+ using a US credit card online then?

If you're trying to activate a 1 month ps+ code, your US credit card might work, based on what others have said in this thread.

If you want to buy, say 1 year ps+, you can get your EU acc funded with the amount from someone else, and purchase directly from the PS store.

DMC + Vergil's Downfall + Bloody Palace (free anyway) + all weapon packs +  all costumes (Ultimate Edition as far as I'm concerned)

Resell - $15

1. Raiborg (Host)

Phantom - $7.50

1. ClydeShebang

For Sale:

Dishonored + Dunwall City Trials + The Knife of Dunwall + The Brigmore Witches Phantom - $6

Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition Resell - $5/ Phantom - $2.50

Dead Island Riptide Phantom - $5

Mirror's Edge Resell - $5 (or rent for $0.75/week)

[EUR] Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs Resell - $10/Phantom - $5 

Game Sizes:

Dishonored - 6.3GB / Dunwall City Trials - 1GB / The Knife of Dunwall - 1.7GB / The Brigmore Witches - 2.3GB

Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition - 15.1GB

Dead Island Riptide - 2.8GB

Mirror's Edge - 4.9GB

Hitman: Absolution - 17GB / Sleeping Dogs - 7GB

Looking for:

Uncharted Bundle (1 and 2) Phantom

It is a big risk. Especially for someone like you and ashufflinzombie who will be laying out $100 or more on the new games. It seems like it would have been a better choice to have the PS3 resells cover the full cost like normal with a financial contingency IF ps4 sharing works. That way the PS4 slot wouldn't be screwed if it doesn't work and it would be a bonus for the PS3 users if it does work. If PS4 slots don't work like expected I hope you don't expect the PS3 slots to pay you back. That is the risk you are taking but it seems like there could have been a smarter way to protect everyone (you especially) is all.
Hell at this point I'm not even 100% on whether or not I'm getting a PS4.

You do bring up a good point regarding the handheld activations though and the possible merger of PS3 and PS4. I don't think the PS3 and PS4 activations will be merged simply because the games are not a cross-buy sort of situation with PSP/Vita titles like PS1 games, minis, etc. The $10 upgrade makes it a second download so I don't believe that they would count toward each other.

Besides with the PS3, there are 2 offline activations and no online. Supposedly the PS4 will have the offline licenses for the "home" console and then the online for that specific account, very similar to the X360s mechanism.

Limiting a so well touted feature would not work out in Sony's favor. This upgrade deal is not a grey area like gamesharing so it could effect the average consumer.

Seriously? Sure you can buy the most expensive apartment with some money leftover, but have you looked at the cars? There are million dollar cars and upgrades for everything are fuckin' ridiculous. 500k ain't SHIT
you can find an infernus (or other high tier car) on the streets in MP that are just as good as most of those million dollar cars. same problem that money had in single player: too much of the stuff you can buy is cheap, useless, or can be obtained for free by other means. i haven't looked at upgrades, but if it's anything like the single player getting the max upgrades is total unnecessary overkill

Incorrect my friend. Do you realize how long it would take to get 500k now? Sure, before the exploits it was northing. I already have the apartment and the best non-super car you can get, but 500k is A LOT, unless you're over level 60 already. 500k to start out is crazy. Show how armature they are at online, Should have been double money/Rp or even triple or something of the sort but just giving 500k is is stupid...I foresee another exploit just with this.

It's really pointless to even buy super cars unless you want them for free roam, you can only use that custom car if you're racing with that class so you will always get to use a super car anyways. I see it smarter by making a sport or coupe the fastest car you have.

I watched people use a normal X Infinity ( or whatever it's called ) and beat the custom ones all the times.

you can find an infernus (or other high tier car) on the streets in MP that are just as good as most of those million dollar cars. same problem that money had in single player: too much of the stuff you can buy is cheap, useless, or can be obtained for free by other means. i haven't looked at upgrades, but if it's anything like the single player getting the max upgrades is total unnecessary overkill

The upgrades are only good for sports and other non-super cars. You want a higher acceleration for sure. Everything does cost a lot more that story, bullet proof tires you unlock early and cost 25k, which is cheap imo for something very useful. I think the highest thing was Turbo at 50k?

You can find them cars but you can't keep or sell them and they still trigger police when you go by them.

The upgrades are only good for sports and other non-super cars. You want a higher acceleration for sure. Everything does cost a lot more that story, bullet proof tires you unlock early and cost 25k, which is cheap imo for something very useful. I think the highest thing was Turbo at 50k?

You can find them cars but you can't keep or sell them and they still trigger police when you go by them.

Yeah but still, a lot of the incentive was to earn money in order to buy worthwhile things. Just like in the single player, by giving you all this money, you no longer have to worry about that. Online at least has some replayability though, once you do the final mission in single player you can buy everything in the game besides the golf club which has no purpose other than to give you a return on investment anyway (profits which you won't need). Maybe things might cost more online but a 500k head start ensures you will have 0 incentive to do things like hold up liquor stores to earn money

I think that my biggest gripe with GTA V is that there's nothing worth spending a lot of money on. People kept saying it's this huge game where there's so much fun stuff to do, but outside of story missions, there's really not. Sure you can golf, go to the strip club, do triathalons... but none of that stuff is enjoyable to me. If I want a nice car I know where to steal it instead of paying for it (even if you can't keep it online, i can't see a 1 million dollar car being that much better than a b-class car with bulletproof tires and an acceleration upgrade). Not sure if you can use taxi's online, but if you can then buying a heli/jet is useless since they're mainly to get you places quicker but a taxi beats both those out... i dunno. I say these things without having any other ideas on what to spend money on, so I guess I can't blame them, but I do still criticize them for awarding money as freely as they did both in SP and MP.

For all the GTAV:O players out there:

Updated 3PM ET 10/11/13: Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week. For more details about how when and how the money will be awarded, see: Grand Theft Auto Online: Half a Million GTA$ Stimulus Package this Month

For those asking about their lost characters or rank, those will not be able to be restored so we sincerely hope that this cash stimulus we’re giving out this month will help you get back on your feet or to make your new life in Los Santos & Blaine extra sweet.
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246--Updated-3-00-PM-ET-10-11-13-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

Fatal Frame Trilogy (Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, Fatal Frame III: The Tormented) $29.97

Resell ($10)

2. El-Producto

Phantom ($5)

1. sierra

2. menikmati

Still seeking another resell to complete this group of PS2 Classics.

God of War Ascension (???)
Resell
1. Boosted
2. Boosted
Phantom
1. ashufflinzombie
2. Amatsuri

Boosted, if there's any chance you don't need both resells and end up doing just one, keep me in mind for the other.

say that to my face not online and see what happens
Maybe I shouldn't sell you the account later. (LOL JK JK)

Fine, meet me outside at the corner of McDs. Be there or be square.

If anyone is on GTAV:O add me or invite me because I wanna do some missions, but not by myself :(

i agree that this game was excellent. beat it a few days ago. it's like a 16 bit silent hill. Also if you are going for the platinum I think it requires 3.5 playthroughs so there's some replayability (game is only about 5-6 hrs long). On top of that if you ever run out of supplies the game has a way of giving them to you during every save you make (take blue pill before saving for ammo, take green pill for batteries, and if you run out of pills more will spawn in your bathroom - however these pills affect the ending you get)
Nice, i saw this opportunity to buy it and donate to Extra Life as well, so i got it.

I don't know much about the game besides it's a indie PC game in a new version with some extras. I only saw a trailer and found it interesting, specially the different possibiblitys you can conduct the game.

And thx for the 'supply saving' tip!

One possiblity is create a dummy UK paypal acc. Then you send money from your main US PP to you UK acc using a credit card.

But doing this way, PP will charge taxes. I use this to calculate: http://salecalc.com/paypal

So, you can fund your UK PSN trough your UK PP acc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back