CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I sell my resell share will the game be unplayable on my console or will it turn in to a phantom share where I can still play the game?
It actually depends, you could deactivate through Sony's site andthen sell the resell, and you would keep a phantom on your ps3 (but you can only do it 6 months after the first phantoms were made)

^^^ You can only do that if it is YOUR personal account. If it is part of a group formed on CAG or with anyone else you will need their permission (Which i highly doubt you will get, seeing that you are turning their share into a phantom (non sellable)

It actually depends, you could deactivate through Sony's site andthen sell the resell, and you would keep a phantom on your ps3 (but you can only do it 6 months after the first phantoms were made)

Or you can call Sony directly (customer service) and ask them nicely if they can deactivate the consoles connected to the account which I have done time after time and they have yet to decline me on that request.

Plus! I don't think it counts as a 6 month deactivate feature on the website. Try it out!

Nevermind, not gonna get mad about something stupid.  Let me just say that if some guy buys 200 PSN codes from me to make money off gameshares, then tries to tell me one of them didn't work, then gets an attitude that I decided to sell to other people instead, then tries to call my trustworthiness into question so I cannot do exactly what he was doing, it is probably that person who people should not be dealing with.  You know who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: I also read the thread rules and saw nothing about feedback, except very very clear instructions that there should be no feedback given, so I assume that this single thread is still considered a part of this site and that my feedback is as valid as anywhere. You have 60 feedback, I have 320. Who are you to question my trustworthiness?
this feedback,i dont see your name

Good Kids

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtUGS5DJ5NoZdDhGU3U5VWU5YVJTeXlxeHJ5NllYNWc#gid=0

So glad I sold you all those PSN codes. Thanks for being sore that I stopped selling them to you, and thanks for calling my trustworthiness into question. You could have instead said, "hey, I did hundreds of dollars worth of deals with this guy and didn't have a single problem", but that's cool if you don't want anyone to make a buck off gameshares but you, I guess. BTW, I sold many hundreds of those codes, but you were the only person to tell me one of them didn't work.

EDIT: I also read the thread rules and saw nothing about feedback, except very very clear instructions that there should be no feedback given, so I assume that this single thread is still considered a part of this site. You have 60 feedback, I have 320. Who are you to question my trustworthiness?
He did say you were a great seller, so he did vouch for you in a positive manner. He's also correct in giving you a heads up that you have zero feedback in the gamesharing forum, and just hosting to host does raise a red flag here (unless you are a veteran with feedback). He's only telling you before someone else does.

Ok that's fine, you guys have fun with your little made-up feedback system.  I'm sure some dude who's done a couple gameshares is a way better person to put your money with than a guy who has done hundreds of deals on this site.  You guys talk about "red flags" and crap, but I don't know what kind of shady stuff you are imagining I'm gonna pull.  I can definitely see how some smart ass kid with zero actual feedback is going to think my hundreds of feedback means nothing, but let's be real here.  I've done deals much bigger than some stupid gameshare.  It's probably the participants you need to worry about, but thanks for making up risks that don't even exist.

He did say you were a great seller, so he did vouch for you in a positive manner. He's also correct in giving you a heads up that you have zero feedback in the gamesharing forum, and just hosting to host does raise a red flag here (unless you are a veteran with feedback). He's only telling you before someone else does.
Yeah boosted is the ultimate boy scout for this community. The amount he's hosted, his advice should be taken under advisement, don't think anyone can really call him out on anything really.

Ok well, I don't have a PS3 to get in on one of my own gameshares, so there's no way for me to get feedback here.  Guess that excludes me 100% from participating here, in spite of my hundreds of feedback here and on every other major game trading community.

You can all sit around and jack each other off about how trustworthy this little pocket community and its members are, but I still don't see what anyone is worried about, or why my thousands of dollars worth of feedback here doesn't imply trustworthiness in something like a gameshare.

Ok well, I don't have a PS3 to get in on one of my own gameshares, so there's no way for me to get feedback here. Guess that excludes me 100% from participating here, in spite of my hundreds of feedback here and on every other major game trading community.

You can all sit around and jack each other off about how trustworthy this little pocket community and its members are, but I still don't see what anyone is worried about, or why my thousands of dollars worth of feedback here doesn't imply trustworthiness in something like a gameshare.
You CAG feedback will help buy it means very little here sonce we can't leave feedback for it. If you wanted to trade physical items then you would have excellent feedback.

I have also seen quite a few users have 200-300 feedback on CAG decide to scam someone and then they either get banned or a trading ban.

In all honestly experience with the other person/persons means a lot more than a number on your profile here.

Ok that's fine, you guys have fun with your little made-up feedback system.
Wow, that escalated fast. I did say that you were never a issue to deal with but this was not you game here. If you would like to host groups on here to use the codes that you have I would suggest that you earn some trust within the community. Trust here is something that I have earned and only was trying to tell you how things work.

Just a couple of days ago you were asking me about what a phantom was because it says the available phantoms my signature. Now all of a sudden you want to come in here and host a bunch of groups because you have psn codes. Good for you just do it the correct way is all. Earn some trust, respect, and feedback here with everyone and then host whatever you feel like.

Secondly, you are going to accuse me if making money off of people because I bought your codes in bulk. What was it, over 220 codes within a couple of days. Just because I am willing to shell out hundreds of dollars up front for psn credit to cover groups doesn't mean that I need to discount the groups to exactly what I pay for the codes. I am the one putting out tons of my own money up front when I find a good deal to eventually get it back down the road when groups get formed. I now have just shy of $500 in credit that I have purchased from members for a discount that I will use for upcoming games. This credit is in addition to the about $500 that i purchased from you. Guess what, I have $500 less in my paypal account that I will get back in time. I will get it back eventually, I am not worried about that.

Lastly, I did have trouble with 1 code of what 220 something that I purchased. Did you try the code to see if it worked? I sent the code back to you. Maybe the system just hit its cutoff point. I am not sure. However if that $1.40 is the difference between you paying your rent or not I will send it to you so there are no hard feeling. However, your weird request of wanting a picture of me holding up my ID front and back for you was way over the line. Not sure what that would have accomplished for you but it screams some sort of scam or something to me. Then you are also going to tell me about how it isn't possible for you to do anything with it because of how the system works, etc. etc. Actually, I will just post it to make it easier.

This is quoted directly from a PM

I'll keep you posted about where I'm at with the codes. If you sent me a nice photo of your ID (front/back), a photo/scan of a signed letter describing our business, and a photo of you holding both, sent to my e-mail from the same e-mail account that is on your PP account, it would go a long way toward making me feel like the funds were safe, and we could maybe do up to 100 per day or something until I ran out.

To some people that's asking a lot, but really the most I could possibly do with a photo (not a scan) of your ID is try to open up a payment account online in your name using the ID for verification, and under current federal regulations there are other verification requirements before a payment provider can give their services to a customer. Even if I opened a Paypal account or something in your name, there would be nothing I could do without your bank account and/or credit card info. When I have these codes in large quantities I am generally buying them from someone who has reasons to worry about getting ripped off, and I usually give this information to them at some point without being asked, once I have done a certain amount of business with them, to show them that I am their safest bet for selling their codes to.

I understand if this does not appeal to you, but it will always be difficult for me to do code deals with someone beyond a certain point if they are not willing to jump through some hoops. I have no reason to doubt you, and in truth I've never been ripped off by someone with good feedback on this site, but I still feel a need to be cautious because I am in a precarious financial situation. Perhaps we will be able to do another deal either way, but it will depend somewhat on how badly I need the money at that moment.

Really I was just saying it was kind of a d*ck move for someone to try to sabatoge my business here when they already knew firsthand how trustworthy I really was.

Why is Boosted posting my private communications with him which are not relevant?  We did several deals and I cut him off, and he got upset, so I told him what he would have to do to reassure me.  Certainly within my rights to do so, not sure why this guy keeps trying to make me look bad in this thread.  Another person I sold a large number of codes to, who is also active in this thread, was nothing but supportive when he saw my thread here.  Contrast this to a guy who instantly starts commenting on my gameshare and acting like I'm just any random user who should be treated with suspicion.  He knows firsthand that I have the PSN credit to use, and that I can be trusted to deliver.

I wasn't upset. I just told you it is a weird request.

Edit : go back and re-read my post. Better yet here it is again

"Typically you should at least be a resell share on the games that you host. Without a lot of gamesharing feedback hosting just to host is usually a very questionable practice for the members of the group to enter into. You have been great as a seller but you have zero feedback in this thread."

Suspicion, no. Questionable, yes. Like I said in the post, this is how things are usually done here. You earn feedback from positive experiences with other members and you become credible. The you could have used your credibility and credit to make your own groups that you are hosting. Speaking of hosting do you know how to host? Do you know the process? What if someone contacts you 9 months down the road and needs the password reset because someone else changed it? The is more to hosting that just simply having psn credit. I am sure that you could do all of these things because you were very organized with the codes that you have but you can't just show up and say "I have never done this before, you don't know me, give me your money and I will host your game. "

GTA V Group #9001  group completed

resell $20
1) transcollector (host)
2)chuckz   
phantom $10
1)MrRosales
2) volt1up

+1 to all in group

lain21us, please stop arguing with almighty scoutmaster boosted. If you continue on, you are shooting yourself in the foot and no one will want to gameshare with you.

lain21us, please stop arguing with almighty scoutmaster boosted. If you continue on, you are shooting yourself in the foot and no one will want to gameshare with you.
I don't think he wants to gs anyway, he doesn't even own a ps3 lol, see below

I don't have a PS3 to get in on one of my own gameshares, so there's no way for me to get feedback here
If you sent me a nice photo of your ID (front/back), a photo/scan of a signed letter describing our business, and a photo of you holding both, sent to my e-mail from the same e-mail account that is on your PP account, it would go a long way toward making me feel like the funds were safe
?!?!
if the guy didn't have 300+ fb I'd say guaranteed scam lol, just trade codes one by one if you're so scared, lain

I don't think he wants to gs anyway, he doesn't even own a ps3 lol, see below
?!?!
if the guy didn't have 300+ fb I'd say guaranteed scam lol, just trade codes one by one if you're so scared, lain
His codes are for $2.19 each. Not sure why, supposedly a promotional code of some sort. They all worked fine except for 1. Like I said it could have been me that screwed it up though.

PM being sent about Killer is Dead.

Oh hey look. Someone said business in this thread again. 

Other than that GTA:V story got me hooooooookkkked! Can't wait to play some online with you guys :]

lain21us is actually one of the original gameshare community members. i've had him on my psn friends list for quite some time now, i think his ps3 died and halted gsharing for a bit.  but i definitely vouch for 'em. i've dealt with him many times in the past. gamesharing OG.

Selling
Rugby Challenge - 4 $ (Resell)

Also Selling one phantom each of these accounts

Acc 1 - Plus Europe account (valid until March 2015) - 25 $
Hamsterball
Magic Orbz
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Mushroom Wars
Ricochet HD
Sky Fighter
Smash Cars
Wakeboarding HD
Chime Super Deluxe
Darksiders
InFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Outland
Renegade Ops
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Saints Row 2
Dead Space 2
Rock of Ages
Borderlands
Just Cause 2
Retro/Grade
Red Dead Redemption
Double Dragon Neon
Machinarium
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game
Starhawk (single player)
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Bulletstorm
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Cubixx HD
Crysis 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Batman: Arkham City
Limbo
Vanquish
Big Sky Infinity
Knytt Underground
Mortal Kombat
BioShock 2
Guardians of Middle-earth
F1 Race Stars
Sleeping Dogs
Quantum Conundrum
Dead or Alive 5
Mass Effect 3
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
The Cave
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Ōkami HD
Thomas Was Alone
Catherine
Hitman: Absolution
Malicious
Demon's Souls
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single player)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Battlefield 3
Payday: The Heist
Saints Row: The Third
Mafia II
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Spec Ops: The Line
When Vikings Attack!
Assassin's Creed III
The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
---------------------------------
Non - Plus

NASCAR 2011
Worms Ultimate Mayhem + DLC
Deus Ex DLC

Acc 2 - 35 $
GTA V
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Max Payne 3
Alice: Madness Returns
Jak & Daxter Trilogy
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
I Am Alive
House of the Dead 3 and 4
The Cursed Crusade
Dragon Age II
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Just Cause 2
Darksiders
Acc 3 - 6 $
Deadly Premonition

Acc 4 - 10 $
GTA V

Acc 5 - 4 $
- Warhammer 40000: Kill Team
- Red Johnson: One Against All
- Demolition Inc

Ok that's fine, you guys have fun with your little made-up feedback system. I'm sure some dude who's done a couple gameshares is a way better person to put your money with than a guy who has done hundreds of deals on this site. You guys talk about "red flags" and crap, but I don't know what kind of shady stuff you are imagining I'm gonna pull. I can definitely see how some smart ass kid with zero actual feedback is going to think my hundreds of feedback means nothing, but let's be real here. I've done deals much bigger than some stupid gameshare. It's probably the participants you need to worry about, but thanks for making up risks that don't even exist.
I find it ironic you call people smart asses, when you talk like that. Get out of here. Seriously.

Ok well, I don't have a PS3 to get in on one of my own gameshares, so there's no way for me to get feedback here. Guess that excludes me 100% from participating here, in spite of my hundreds of feedback here and on every other major game trading community.

I would not want to deal with you more because your attitude, not because you're not trustworthy.

+1 to both Gannikus and jrsmaster411

They bought a GTA V phantom from me, both easy to work with [especially since it was the first time I game shared & hosted.]

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back