CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm 9 hours in with zero issues

Ok well, I don't have a PS3 to get in on one of my own gameshares, so there's no way for me to get feedback here. Guess that excludes me 100% from participating here, in spite of my hundreds of feedback here and on every other major game trading community.

You can all sit around and jack each other off about how trustworthy this little pocket community and its members are, but I still don't see what anyone is worried about, or why my thousands of dollars worth of feedback here doesn't imply trustworthiness in something like a gameshare.
site feedback means nothing for game sharing. your attitude is what's preventing people from wanting to deal with you, especially when you go off on our head honcho like that

ALSO everyone with gta 5, use your phones internet, go to bawsaq, and invest in weapons manufacturing companies. Since stock is based on rockstar social club, and ppl are gonna always be buying weapons, price is going to skyrocket within a few weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm 9 hours in with zero issues

site feedback means nothing for game sharing. your attitude is what's preventing people from wanting to deal with you, especially when you go off on our head honcho like that

ALSO everyone with gta 5, use your phones internet, go to bawsaq, and invest in weapons manufacturing companies. Since stock is based on rockstar social club, and ppl are gonna always be buying weapons, price is going to skyrocket within a few weeks
Like it was with injustice I feel some of us are being punished for being on android with these apple exclusive apps. I've been watching my brother play so far, need to start but I'm currently engrossed by the tomb raider story.

looking for a share of diablo 

i can offer a share from 1 of my psn accounts that has games or you can check my trade list and pick a game i will cover the shipping

if this is the wrong spot for this type of deal please pm me so i can remove my post

soo, I played some of that Real Boxing game on vita and i have to say its pretty good. Graphics are great and its like a mini fight night on your vita for only $10($9 for plus) that has online play too. 

if anyone is interested in a gta5 phantom, message me, i may need a another buyer....

why do people go MIA after showing interest? unbelievable. we are talking days later without a response. 

Be a regular. 

lain21us is actually one of the original gameshare community members. i've had him on my psn friends list for quite some time now, i think his ps3 died and halted gsharing for a bit. but i definitely vouch for 'em. i've dealt with him many times in the past. gamesharing OG.
That may be the case, but he certainly isn't winning over anyone at this moment by attacking the entire community, and being quite aggressive with someone that has built a lot of trust in Boosted. I am not looking to make a long, drawn out post as I think most people have dealt with it already, but I felt I had to say something when I saw the attitude being expressed to a great CAG and GSing member like Boosted and a lot of direct insults to us all.

Grand Theft Auto V + Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection
$20
1. Apollyon (Host)
2. cule54
---------------
$10
1. Evozakira
2. Teh Reaper

+1 to those above

Also have 1 GTAV phantom available - $10. Pm me if interested.

Anyone with any of these DLC packs, I am looking to get the DLC packs to BORROW only. I do NOT need permanent use of them, I only want them to clean up some trophies for 100%'s, so anyone who would take me up on this offer would basically be renting me the DLC and then would have it deactivated after 100% for them to do as they wish with again.

I am looking for these specific packs, all PS3:

Assassins Creed: Revelations (All)

Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning (All)

L.A. Noire (Reefer Madness DLC needed only)

Call of Duty Black Ops I (DLC's 2, 3 and 4 needed)

Burnout Paradise (Legendary cars, Boost specials, Toy Cars, Cops and Robbers, and Big Surf Island needed)

LittleBigPlanet 1 (Pirates of the Carribean pack needed)

Mass Effect 3 (All)

Anyone with any of these packs shoot me a message. I only need the DLC for a little while to obtain the trophies and will deactivate afterwards. I have small amounts of amazon/paypal for a rental fee if needed.

Thanks

That may be the case, but he certainly isn't winning over anyone at this moment by attacking the entire community, and being quite aggressive with someone that has built a lot of trust in Boosted. I am not looking to make a long, drawn out post as I think most people have dealt with it already, but I felt I had to say something when I saw the attitude being expressed to a great CAG and GSing member like Boosted and a lot of direct insults to us all.
(Not directed towards you Yanks)

Boosted isn't squeaky clean in all of this. He purchased a few HUNDRED codes off the guy that enabled him to make over $15 per share he hosts, yet when lain21us attempted to get rid of the middle man, he is met with resistance. I agree with what Boosted said to him, but he easily could have made lain's transition into this thread smoother in a number of ways, none of which required calling him out.

Then there is the matter of where these codes are coming from. A few HUNDRED codes that yield $2.19? Come on, am I the only one this looks funny to?

Boosted then proceeded to use over 25 of these codes that came from who knows where on a single account, without telling the resells he was doing so. Making money while hosting is one thing, but taking chances with the accounts while not telling those concerned is another.

What's that? Even though it looks funny, the codes are legit? Then why didn't he tell anyone about them before being accosted by lain? Because he couldn't make $15 per share as easily if others knew about it. If he wants to profit from hosting, that's his business, but pretending that anything other than good old fashioned greed motivated his recent actions isn't going to fly.

As for lain, lol, yeah, he did not make a good impression. This is the 'PSN gameshare' thread, not the 'turn your PSN credit into cash' thread.

Tip: Anyone hosting several shares in a short time is profiting off it in some way, I don't care what they say. If they really wish to help their fellow members, they could teach them how to host, you know, teaching a man how to fish and all that.

For those perturbed by the hosts making money and not giving you a discount, ask yourselves this: If you used a different host, would you pay any less? (Hint: In most, if not all cases, it's going to be a no)

site feedback means nothing for game sharing.
wat

Like it was with injustice I feel some of us are being punished for being on android with these apple exclusive apps.
Ifruit will also be on Android, Windows Phone, Playstation Mobile and Vita.

So do we know if phantoms will get online?
No, we do not yet know. Most think it won't be a problem. If I had to guess, I would agree. The only way to be sure, however, is to see what happens when it releases, so if the online means that much, you should wait.

Boosted isn't squeaky clean in all of this. He purchased a few HUNDRED codes off the guy that enabled him to make over $15 per share he hosts, yet when lain21us attempted to get rid of the middle man, he is met with resistance. I agree with what Boosted said to him, but he easily could have made lain's transition into this thread smoother in a number of ways, none of which required calling him out.

Then there is the matter of where these codes are coming from. A few HUNDRED codes that yield $2.19? Come on, am I the only one this looks funny to?

Boosted then proceeded to use over 25 of these codes that came from who knows where on a single account, without telling the resells he was doing so. Making money while hosting is one thing, but taking chances with the accounts while not telling those concerned is another.

What's that? Even though it looks funny, the codes are legit? Then why didn't he tell anyone about them before being accosted by lain? Because he couldn't make $15 per share as easily if others knew about it. If he wants to profit from hosting, that's his business, but pretending that anything other than good old fashioned greed motivated his recent actions isn't going to fly.

As for lain, lol, yeah, he did not make a good impression. This is the 'PSN gameshare' thread, not the 'turn your PSN credit into cash' thread.

Tip: Anyone hosting several shares in a short time is profiting off it in some way, I don't care what they say. If they really wish to help their fellow members, they could teach them how to host, you know, teaching a man how to fish and all that.

For those perturbed by the hosts making money and not giving you a discount, ask yourselves this: If you used a different host, would you pay any less? (Hint: In most, if not all cases, it's going to be a no)

wat

Ifruit will also be on Android, Windows Phone, Playstation Mobile and Vita.

No, we do not yet know. Most think it won't be a problem. If I had to guess, I would agree. The only way to be sure, however, is to see what happens when it releases, so if the online means that much, you should wait.
I have nothing against lain and it seems that he is just trying to cut the middleman like you said but the legitimacy of those codes are definitely questionable. I really hope that sony doesnt have the power to ban those accounts that use the 2.19 codes. I mean Lain sold over 400 it seems from both websites so there seems to be no way he gathered them legally.

Man with everyone playing GTA5 I really want to get a share now. I want to join in as a resell (I wish we knew for sure that phantoms would get online as I'd rather get a phantom). I can host if needed but I am not joining any group where 2.19 codes are being used. Just don't want that thing to happen like the 60 msp xbox codes.

Selling/Trading:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations DLC (Character, Map and The Lost Archives)

Looking for:

-Battlefield Bad Company 2 DLC

-Black Ops 2 Vengeance DLC 

-Resident Evil 6 Siege DLC (Already have the other 3, but I'll take one bundled with em anyway.)

UK PS+ Phantom Account/Games for sale (good till 28/06/2014)

$10.00 PayPal/Amazon

Assassin's Creed®III Classic Edition

Battlefield 3™

Catherine

Coconut Dodge Revitalised (Vita)

Demon's Souls™

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

Far Cry 3

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Gravity Rush™ (Vita)

ICO™ and Shadow of the Colossus™ Classics HD

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ (Vita)

LittleBigPlanet™ Karting

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

MAFIA II

MALICIOUS™

NBA 2K13

Need for Speed™ Most Wanted

New Little King's Story

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)

PAYDAY™ The Heist

Rayman® Origins (Vita)

Saints Row: The Third

Sine Mora

Spec Ops: The Line

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (PS3/Vita)

Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita)

The Cave

The Jak and Daxter Trilogy (PS3/Vita)

Touch My Katamari (Vita)

Uncharted 3

Uncharted: Golden Abyss™

Unit 13™ (Vita)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita)

When Vikings Attack™

XCOM®: Enemy Unknown

* account will be available after the next UK store update (Sep 25)

You are correct that there was a profit made in those groups. You are correct that is was about $15.00 per group that I hosted. However, I did not know, nor have access to, the codes before I choose to host 6 GTA V groups. The codes came about after the fact when I saw lian post about them being for sale.

I don't think that the host needs to tell the resells how the account is funded. If I get a discount when purchasing PSN cards in bulk is it my responsibility to tell people that I got a discount and discount their group because I made money off of it. I just purchased a $50.00 PSN cards for $42.50 yesterday, do I need to tell everyone about it?

If anyone feels slighted because I got a discount on the PSN codes and you didn't get a discount on your purchase just send me a message about it. Actually, I have a better idea. I still have some of the $2.19 codes. Everyone from my GTA groups that had a issue with the situation just send me a PM and I will send you a code. That means that everyone that got exactly what they paid for but feels I screwed them over will get back $2.19 per share that they purchased.

However, you are probably correct that I should just go ahead and teach people instead of hosting so much. It is a lot of responsibility to run so many groups and therefore I will go ahead and only host the groups that I am a part of. Seems like it is much easier to handle for me as well. I will type up some very detailed directions and anyone who is interested in hosting can just send me a PM and I will respond by PM with the directions.

From now on I will go ahead and only host the groups that I am a part of.

Edit : One final thing that is forgotten is that the profits from hosting has gone towards helping the community through things like free games and the Platinum trophy contest. Those items are paid through my own personal money. With the contest the game was purchased by the contestants but the $20 PSN credit was paid by me.

There is also the "resellable phantom" shares from earlier in the year where I was paying $15.00 of the groups money so that I would have the resell shares to sell after 6 months. I did that for about 10-12 groups assuming that I would be able to recoup my money or make a little down the road. As of right now I think only 1-2 of the shares are spoken for of the 20-25. That means I have $150+ out there and about $10 coming back.

As far as I was concerned you win some and you lose some. I might have won when it came to the GRA accounts but if something happens to the accounts I will have a bunch of pissed off people that I owe resell shares to. That would be a huge loss on my side. Everyone that purchased the resellable phantom shares had a huge win with the ability to get back most, if not all, of their money for the game and still pay roughly the price if a normal phantom. I now have a gigantic loss because there seems to be zero interest in the games. They were all AAA titles too. Bioshock infinite, tomb raider, etc.

I don't see a problem with it nor do I think you have to give everyone a code. If anyone else was hosting they'd be paying the same price, nothing wrong with trying to make a buck. I mean, look at the site we're on.

I don't see a problem with it nor do I think you have to give everyone a code. If anyone else was hosting they'd be paying the same price, nothing wrong with trying to make a buck. I mean, look at the site we're on.
I actually somewhat agree with you. It's America. No one works for free. And let's face it- the amount of time boosted must take in organizing those groups is large in comparison to the tiny amount he makes.

However, you are probably correct that I should just go ahead and teach people instead of hosting so much. It is a lot of responsibility to run so many groups and therefore I will go ahead and only host the groups that I am a part of. Seems like it is much easier to handle for me as well. I will type up some very detailed directions and anyone who is interested in hosting can just send me a PM and I will respond by PM with the directions.

From now on I will go ahead and only host the groups that I am a part of.
I don't think you owe anyone codes. It would be far healthier to teach others how to host themselves thou.

Boosted does deserve the extra money (profit) he made off of the shares. Especially hosting multiple groups at the same time, it can get very confusing and time consuming. That's a lot of work to maintain a record of passwords and emails used in case something happens in the long run. Most people don't want to go through the troubles of hosting a game, so they shouldn't complain when someone makes a few buck extra.

Also what's the max page limit on a thread? I think we're at 577 (my number) now.

It seems odd that this is a concern. Boosted has done nothing to give anyone concern as a host.

As far as teaching people to host..I have to ask if the information has been withheld to anyone that has had an interest in doing so? I know that I always educate anyone that I see with an interest. I just answered a few questions the other day for a first time host in a GTA group. I see others here also help out and I dont see anyone asking on here and being ignored. The simple fact is most people do not want to host.

It's becoming a trend lately that one user comes in here and a regular just tells them how things are with building trust and said user writes a few big posts calling all the community out for no reason.

I say let's drop all the crap and get on with talking about games and shares, there's been too much of this going on during summer.

To quote the great Roger Murtaugh "I'm getting too old for this shit."

@the guy up there ^^^^^^ +1 to Apollyon for funding my PES 2014 UK account. Thanks so much for helping out.

Yes, it will be in the US store next week. It will be in the UK store tomorrow :)
Can the UK version be played on a north American ps3? Or do we have to wait until next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back