CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, saw this post on the Playstation Blog today and it really struck a chord with me. Maybe I'm just hormonal but I almost cried thinking of the scary shit sick kids have to deal with and how lucky I am to never have had to deal with that kind of stuff. In my darkest times, video games have always been a great escape for me so I can imagine what it means to the kids who are facing death on a daily basis. I want to give back (not to this community per se) but to society and what better way to do that than through video games.

So from now until November 3rd, I want all payments to me to go directly to Extra Life. I created a team called Team CAG (of course) and invite all of you to join me. I will donate $5 to every person that joins. If you're not feeling altruistic, Playstation is giving away rewards for every tier of donations you reach.

10061466536_d2ddaacb7c_o.jpg

I don't have many gamer friends. You guys were the first people I thought to tell about this.

Team CAG

I got myself signed up. Thanks Usuyami for making the community aware of things like this.

Donation has been made to you. Keep up the good work. :applause: :applause:

EDIT : To everyone that uses PayPal and has signed up for Bill Me Later. If you want to make a donation they are offering $15.00 off your Bill Me Later Payment. This gives you a free $15.00 to donate and you have 6 months at 0% interest to pay for your donation. Please think about giving something more because $15.00 is free and you can pay a few dollars per month. Example $45 donation - $15.00 = $30.00/6 months = $5.00 per month.

EDIT 2 : I am a total idiot, sort of. Anyways, I think I deserve a Thank you from Pancakes and I owe an apology to Usuyami. I accidentally donated to the wrong person but yet I still donated so in the end PancakesAreLove is getting a game and I will make another donation to Usuyami coming up in the next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it's even worth my time seeing as how I didn't enjoy BF3 much.
My friend said it was more of the same basically. He also said that it looks pretty bad because he thinks it did not come with a texture pack like 3 had, of course that is on the 360 so PS3 may be different graphically.

I got myself signed up. Thanks Usuyami for making the community aware of things like this.

EDIT : To everyone that uses PayPal and has signed up for Bill Me Later. If you want to make a donation they are offering $15.00 off your Bill Me Later Payment. This gives you a free $15.00 to donate and you have 6 months at 0% interest to pay for your donation. Please think about giving something more because $15.00 is free and you can pay a few dollars per month. Example $45 donation - $15.00 = $30.00/6 months = $5.00 per month.

I'm in thanks Usuyami.

My friend said it was more of the same basically. He also said that it looks pretty bad because he thinks it did not come with a texture pack like 3 had, of course that is on the 360 so PS3 may be different graphically.
Your friend is right in my opinion. I've been playing off and on for a few days now and it looks absolutely horrible. I was hoping it was just an unpolished version but with the release coming in a few weeks, I somehow don't think so.

Hey everybody, I'm selling phantoms of the following accounts:

• Red Dead Redemption GOTY - $4
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $2
  • God Of War: Origins Collection - $2

Your friend is right in my opinion. I've been playing off and on for a few days now and it looks absolutely horrible. I was hoping it was just an unpolished version but with the release coming in a few weeks, I somehow don't think so.
I think mostly probably did not include a texture pack to fix with them, considering the 360 version of 3 had a 2nd disc for the texture pack and it was included with the install on PS3 I believe.

It is also possible this is a very early almost Alpha build of the game similar to the beta for 3

I think mostly probably did not include a texture pack to fix with them, considering the 360 version of 3 had a 2nd disc for the texture pack and it was included with the install on PS3 I believe.

It is also possible this is a very early almost Alpha build of the game similar to the beta for 3
I hope you're right. This is my most wanted game of the year.

Braxis confirms joining the Disgaea D2 group. This is the UK PSN correct?
No I believe its a US PSN code that someone has ahead of time.

Disgaea 2 : A Brighter Darkness (Discounted to $45.00 total)
Resell ($15.00)
1. Braxis
Phantom ($7.50)
1. nakanenui
2. dcm1602

Price is also dropping to $40 total. Resells will only be $13.33 and $6.67 for the phantoms. :D
Boosted I sent you a PM, swap me to a resell.

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD

Release Date: 10/29/13

Resell - ???

1. Yanksfan (host)

Phantom - ???

I am guessing it will be priced similar to RE Revelations initially, so likely it will be $50.

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD

Release Date: 10/29/13

Resell - ???

1. Yanksfan (host)

Phantom - ???

I am guessing it will be priced similar to RE Revelations initially, so likely it will be $50.
Either $15 or $20 probably since the Collection is only $40 for the 1st game and all DLC plus this HD remake.

EDIT 2 : I am a total idiot, sort of. Anyways, I think I deserve a Thank you from Pancakes and I owe an apology to Usuyami. I accidentally donated to the wrong person but yet I still donated so in the end PancakesAreLove is getting a game and I will make another donation to Usuyami coming up in the next week.
You're not an idiot. You donated $50 of your own money. They're getting to the kids one way or another so who cares?

Who anonymously donated $25 to me? The system won't let me send you a thank you so please PM me if you don't want to openly advertise who you are. I'd like to say thanks.

I wonder if it's even worth my time seeing as how I didn't enjoy BF3 much.
Of all the stupid things they did, why would you change the controls?!
mad.gif

I am looking forward to this game but changing the controls is a deal breaker. When you have 300+ hours of Battlefield 3 ingrained in you, the logic is that you should keep the control the same.

I played for about 30 minutes and could not stomach it any longer. Moving feels "sluggish." The spawn screen is cluttered with too much information.

I felt like an idiot pressing buttons to get out of a vehicle. In Battlefield 3, you press
circle18x18.png
. In Battlefield 4, you hold
square18x18.png

confused.gif

Like a good team mate, I spot my targets. Unfortunately, spotting is mapped to
R2.png
. There were times when I was spamming
Select2Button.png
without thinking. The knife button is mapped to
circle18x18.png
. They even changed the controls for vehicles.

My head hurts.

I sincerely hope they change the controls back to Battlefield 3's. Otherwise, this is one less game I am buying in October.

I haven't gameshared since pre-Nov 2011. I read through the thread but I'm still a little confused. Is a phantom basically the same as the old way?

Well I just jumped into it for an hour and my impression is quite mixed. BF4 is quite different from BF3, idk but I think it looks more "browny" than 3 was. Using R2 to spot is OK, but still míst of time when I have enemies in my sight and spotting doesnt work or the game thinks I hold it and brings out the command menu, well it has all of shits but no "I Need Backup"??? Another dumb shit is selecting vehicles, FFS its terrible. And last shit is because of the new control layout my first ride in chopper ended as my suicide, they have a small window showing tips on the screen but they domt tell you how to fly it.

I haven't gameshared since pre-Nov 2011. I read through the thread but I'm still a little confused. Is a phantom basically the same as the old way?
Phantom means you buy the game for just your ps3, and you can never resell it and if your ps3 ever breaks/deletes it you can never get it back.

Aka its a one time download

A Resell is like you really own it, as in you can sell it to someone else or delete it/redownload etc

Disgaea D2 : A Brighter Darkness US Version (Discounted to $40.00 total)
Resell ($13.33)
1. nakanenui (host)
2. nakanenui (friend)
Phantom ($6.67)
1. Braxis?
2. dcm1602
Braxis are you ok with a phantom or did you really want the resell?

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition

PS4 Slot: $30 (includes $10 upgrade fee)

1. sgand (host)
Resells: $22.50
Phantoms: $7.50
1. fmills15
2. techguru928

Call of Duty Ghosts + Season Pass
PS4 Slot: $40 (includes $10 upgrade fee)
1. sgand (host)
Resells: $31.50
1.Drolan
Phantoms: $8.50
1. setup
2. purplepanda
I will take a resell for COD

Selling Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC pack

Resell ($3)

1:ccxxii22

2:

----------------

Phantom ($1.50)

1:

2:

Still looking to buy/rent Bioshock 2 DLC.

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den

Resell: GamerDad08

Resell:

Phantom: Pravado

Phantom:

if you want to switch to phantom or drop from the group lmk. gonna be hard to fill this one, so if it's $10 i'm willing to go 50/50 on it if you are. imo none of the other dlc's are worth the cost

For Sale:

Grand Theft Auto V Phantom - $10

Dishonored + Dunwall City Trials + The Knife of Dunwall + The Brigmore Witches Phantom -$8

Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition Resell - $5/ Phantom - $2.50

Dead Island Riptide Phantom - $5

Mirror's Edge Resell - $5 (or rent for $0.75/week)

[EUR] Zone of the Enders HD Collection Resell - $3.20

[EUR] Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs Resell - $10/Phantom - $5 

Game Sizes:

GTA V - 18GB

Dishonored - 6.3GB / Dunwall City Trials - 1GB / The Knife of Dunwall - 1.7GB / The Brigmore Witches - 2.3GB

Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition - 15.1GB

Dead Island Riptide - 2.8GB

Mirror's Edge - 4.9GB

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - 8GB

Hitman: Absolution - 17GB / Sleeping Dogs - 7GB

Looking for:

Uncharted Bundle (1 and 2) Phantom

Of all the stupid things they did, why would you change the controls?!
mad.gif

I am looking forward to this game but changing the controls is a deal breaker. When you have 300+ hours of Battlefield 3 ingrained in you, the logic is that you should keep the control the same.

I played for about 30 minutes and could not stomach it any longer. Moving feels "sluggish." The spawn screen is cluttered with too much information.

I felt like an idiot pressing buttons to get out of a vehicle. In Battlefield 3, you press
circle18x18.png
. In Battlefield 4, you hold
square18x18.png
confused.gif

Like a good team mate, I spot my targets. Unfortunately, spotting is mapped to
R2.png
. There were times when I was spamming
Select2Button.png
without thinking. The knife button is mapped to
circle18x18.png
. They even changed the controls for vehicles.

My head hurts.

I sincerely hope they change the controls back to Battlefield 3's. Otherwise, this is one less game I am buying in October.

While I agree that changing the key mapping to something else is idiotic, aren't they just the default key mappings? They should be changeable/customizable, right?

Let's also remember that this is just the beta, and things could change in the actual game based on the feedback.. Maybe if we get lots of feedback like thIs to EA/DICE...

so after playing the battlefield 4 beta... this is clearly the game without the updated textures, there's no way they would release the game with graphics like this as they're worse than bf3 WITHOUT the graphics pack. they probably cut out textures to make the beta download times shorter, and matches run smoother due to the system not having to process as much. if you go up to the cars you can see clear as day that this is not what the final product will look like

also if you switch controls to veteran it switches it back to have RS to crouch. i love that entire skyscrapers will fall in the middle of a match. overall it's just more of the same but that's not a bad thing in my eyes, i loved bf3. i wasn't really too hyped bc there's not much innovation you can do with aaa shooters, so i wasn't let down too bad. i'll wait til the final product is out before i judge it, but i didn't really like the beta map layout

i have about 130 hours logged into bf3 and i didn't find the change in controls to be a problem at all. if changing the controls is a dealbreaker for you and makes your head hurt... well i don't know what to say other than wait til it's out and try not to nitpick. we both know if you have 300 hours logged in bf3 that you're going to buy bf4 regardless of how the beta plays, just give it a chance when it comes out and try not to prejudge it based on the beta

but yeah, the beta graphics are god damn abysmal. pics for proof
2m77ti8.jpg

jh6c8m.jpg

10mpqfp.jpg

I will take a resell for COD
1. sgand (host)
1.Drolan
2.Drolan
1. setup
2. purplepanda

I will actually take both resells if I can...

While I agree that changing the key mapping to something else is idiotic, aren't they just the default key mappings? They should be changeable/customizable, right?
They do have different control schemes available. I picked the one closest to Battlefield 3.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, customizable controls on console games are a thing of the past.

In fighting games, you can map attacks to whatever works for you. I remember watching Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Dante Must Die videos. The uploaders let people know how they customized their controls. This enables them to do all those crazy combos.

It actually works! Though, my combos are no where as flashy.

i have about 130 hours logged into bf3 and i didn't find the change in controls to be a problem at all. if changing the controls is a dealbreaker for you and makes your head hurt... well i don't know what to say other than wait til it's out and try not to nitpick. we both know if you have 300 hours logged in bf3 that you're going to buy bf4 regardless of how the beta plays, just give it a chance when it comes out and try not to prejudge it based on the beta
I was finally able to enter an empty server without being stuck on the black loading screen. Fooling around with the control schemes, I have achieved about 80% of my preferred controls from Battlefield 3.

Soldier Buttons: Veteran

Soldier Sticks: Default

Vehicle Buttons: Veteran

Vehicle Sticks: Default

Heli Buttons: Veteran

Heli Sticks: Legacy

A couple of buttons are reversed for driving and flying. But hey, at least I can play the game.

Yeah, judging the beta is not exactly the same as judging the actual game. Sometimes, I have to take a step back and realize this is not the final product. It is a working release that we can play. Sure, there may be some things that are broken. But, that is the idea behind a beta release.

I will give it another go and see how I fare this time.

Assassin's Creed IV

$20
2. edzor
----------------
$10
3.menikmati
4.Albani310

I am pulling out of the two groups listed above as I will be getting them elsewhere. If I am still needed to host though, I am willing to do so. I imagine the Batman group will be fine, but I don't want to leave the AC one hanging. Just let me know guys.
I needed a resell, if you guys don't mind I can host too

Why thanks boosted for the donation , I plan on donating a bit later on.  As for the games, I don't need them so I'll give them away here.

@Yanks I'm in for the Castlevania group just not sure if I want a phantom or resell.  

1. sgand (host)
1.Drolan
2.QDizzle
1. setup
2. purplepanda

I will actually take both resells if I can...

would appreciate if u give me the other resell slot thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back