CAG PSN Gamesharing #7 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you could. But if everyone has that mentality it will never grow
That's exactly what I am trying to tell you. I rarely borrow any game there but I still have donated some. No hard feelings bro, I appreciate all your work there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak on behalf of others but myself in regards to the library. When I wasn't a part of it, it was mostly curiosity that made me want to be in it. I've donated in there but at this point anything I possibly wanted to try I just ended up purchasing a share, may be thats the case with the others?  

Anyway great job with maintaining the thing, with all the work it's required I appreciate the job you've been doing.

I can't speak on behalf of others but myself in regards to the library. When I wasn't a part of it, it was mostly curiosity that made me want to be in it. I've donated in there but at this point anything I possibly wanted to try I just ended up purchasing a share, may be thats the case with the others?  

Anyway great job with maintaining the thing, with all the work it's required I appreciate the job you've been doing.

I'm sure that's a part of it. I wanted to promote more AAA games so people would be more likely to just rent them instead of buying, and in turn donating a game themselves to be able to do so. A big part of why the last library had some problems near the end was bc people weren't keeping their shares in there and left the listings up. It gives people the idea that most of the games won't be available bc they've been sold off or whatever and they stop coming.

The biggest two problems currently are a lack of games being donated, and a lack of site visits. The two probably go hand in hand and there's nothing I can do to fix that short of forcing people to donate a game to get in. The fact of the matter is, the new library has been up for months and most people didn't donate anything (big thanks to the people that did), and most people weren't coming back past their first visit. I get why everyone hates my "forced donation" rule, but if more people donated on their own accord, I wouldn't have had to create the rule. I'm not trying to make things hard, I'm trying to get this thing to expand.

I'm sure that's a part of it. I wanted to promote more AAA games so people would be more likely to just rent them instead of buying, and in turn donating a game themselves to be able to do so. A big part of why the last library had some problems near the end was bc people weren't keeping their shares in there and left the listings up. It gives people the idea that most of the games won't be available bc they've been sold off or whatever and they stop coming.

The biggest two problems currently are a lack of games being donated, and a lack of site visits. The two probably go hand in hand and there's nothing I can do to fix that short of forcing people to donate a game to get in.
I believe that the biggest problem is that it isn't on CAG and this is something that you cannot fix. I know it sucks but that is just how it is. I am sure the library is good but considering that all the people here need to go somewhere else to get the games makes it unfeasible for it to stay as a very popular thing. Just my $0.02

I believe that the biggest problem is that it isn't on CAG and this is something that you cannot fix. I know it sucks but that is just how it is. I am sure the library is good but considering that all the people here need to go somewhere else to get the games makes it unfeasible for it to stay as a very popular thing. Just my $0.02
I share this same belief, it's a shame CAG has no alternative in the form of private topics or anything like that. People need to put it in their bookmarks or something for easy access. The site forcing people to update their passwords during a reconstruction phase probably didn't help things.

I think that once I allow new people to request access, things will pick up a little. Should have everything cleaned up by next week to allow new applications to be put in. Will need the help of thread vets to vote on who is trustworthy and who is not.

I saw how successful the last library was, and how useful it could be. I think this is a valuable tool for our community, especially with older AA/AAA titles that groups will never get completed for. Still looking for bulletstorm ;)

Looking for:

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Toy Story Mania!

or make some group:

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy $19.99 (NA Store) or £10.99 (UK/EU Store)

Resell $6.67
R1.
R2.
----------------------
Phantom $3.33
P1. Bravens (can switch to a resell)
P2.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $19.99 (NA Store) or £10.39 (UK/EU Store)

Resell $6.67
R1. Bravens (can switch to a phantom)
R2.
----------------------
Phantom $3.33
P1.
P2.

Toy Story Mania! $39.99 (NA Store) or £23.99 (UK/EU Store)

Resell $13.33
R1.
R2.
----------------------
Phantom $6.67
P1. Bravens
P2.

selling:

Acct: #1 $40 Phantom

Majo to Hyakkihei

BlazBlue Chronophantasma

-Kokonoe DLC

-Yuuki Terumi DLC

-All DLC Color Palettes

-Classic Noel

Acct: #2 Phantom $20 Phantom

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Complete DoA5 Vanilla DLC Pack

Ultimate Sexy Costume Pack

Ultimate Complete School Uniform Pack

Pop Idols Complete Set Team A, D, & O

Intimate Ayane
Intimate Kasumi
Kasumi Ragnarok Odyssey Costume

Acct: #3 Phantom $20 Phantom

Batman Arkham Origins w/ DLC

-Deathstroke

Diablo 3 w/ DLC

-Infernal Helm

Acct: #4  $8 Phantom
SoulCalibur V
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dead or Alive 5 with All Following DLC Packs
-What a Character
-Special Set
-Kitty Pack
-Round 3 Full Set (3 Packs)
-Player Swimwear Set
-Bunny Swimwear Set (3 Packs)
-First Time Pack
Super Street Fighter IV DLC
-Ultra Shoryuken Pack
Street Fighter x Tekken DLC
-Juri Alternate Costume
-Ibuki Alternate
-Sakura Alternate
-Poison Alternate
-Lili Alternate
-Nina Alternate

Acct: #5 $7 Phantom
Catherine
Max Payne 3
Record of Agarest War

Acct: #6 $10 Resell
Black Ops 2 Season Pass (All Map Packs + Some Camos)

Acct: #7 $2 Phantom
Fat Princess

Acct: #8  $5 Phantom (EU)
Battlefield 3 w/ Online Pass
FIFA 12
Uncharted 3 Online Pass

Acct: #9  $5 Phantom (EU)
Battlefield 3 Premium (Includes all DLC Map Packs)

with the exception of accounts #1, 8 & 9 theyre all USA based.

anyone here have Black Ops 2? need to the base game (US Account)

The biggest two problems currently are a lack of games being donated, and a lack of site visits. The two probably go hand in hand and there's nothing I can do to fix that short of forcing people to donate a game to get in. The fact of the matter is, the new library has been up for months and most people didn't donate anything (big thanks to the people that did), and most people weren't coming back past their first visit. I get why everyone hates my "forced donation" rule, but if more people donated on their own accord, I wouldn't have had to create the rule. I'm not trying to make things hard, I'm trying to get this thing to expand.
I personally feel you have gone above and beyond to keep the library running. Even the required donation rules have all been clearly done in the best interest of the library, which you operate in the best interest of this community. I don't have an issue with someone timesharing out some games that are in the library that don't have a queue of renters lined up..but I think (hope) that everyone understands your perspective as you face the challenges the library has been having.

Anywho, keep up the good work.

Ha. Thanks. I don't recognize anyone here anymore lol. I'm here to visit and join in if there are big releases.

And I guess there is nothing new? There's still drama? Hahaha!
Yea, from when you were really active, there are still a handful of people here. There are a lot of great new members though that have not only kept this place alive, but thriving. It is not uncommon for us to have over 10 groups for big game releases. I am pretty sure we had over 20 for GTA.

Where have you been?!
Real life caught up. Haven't turned my console on for months. Now I'm a bit free again.

Yea, from when you were really active, there are still a handful of people here. There are a lot of great new members though that have not only kept this place alive, but thriving. It is not uncommon for us to have over 10 groups for big game releases. I am pretty sure we had over 20 for GTA.
Yea, nice to see that there are still some of the vets here lol. Haven;t played on my console for months! Looking to get back on it and getting some cheap shares of good games. KoA being one of them aha.

So uh, what's this thing about ps4 gameshares?? It's a thing?

Real life caught up. Haven't turned my console on for months. Now I'm a bit free again.

Yea, nice to see that there are still some of the vets here lol. Haven;t played on my console for months! Looking to get back on it and getting some cheap shares of good games. KoA being one of them aha.

So uh, what's this thing about ps4 gameshares?? It's a thing?
Shit happens man, I really hope all is well now.

So yea, PS4 gamesharing is a thing. Only thing is that there is 1 resell and 1 phantom instead of 2 of each that we get with PS3. So the pricing structure is a little different, but it still can be beneficial to do. There are some upgrades that can be done from certain games and there are also some that are cross buy, so it allows for PS3 and PS4 slots, which improves the price for everyone involved. Just keep up with the thread and you'll see how it all plays out easily enough.

In regard to library and timeshares. I don't have any resells really, since I buy mostly phantoms due to being a cheapass. If it were me though, I would allow library members to rent for free and charge non library members.

Eat it rpg:   Update: A Square Enix representative has confirmed to Polygon that a new Hitman title is in development at IO interactive for PC and next-gen consoles, while Square Enix Montreal will focus on

I know I am not that much of an active member around here, but I got to agree with the lack of site visits... for instances, probably a lot of people here don't even know the site where the library is (me included xD), and that surelly will diminuish the visits.

Another thing I said to the post of someone whose name I dont remember (I apologise to whoever it is xD),.. Even though the timeshares on the library are free, I always though it should be implemented some kind of "start paying $ after x weeks timesharing the same acount", it does not only allow accounts and games to circulate a lot more between people, as it can also work as a self-sustaining system for the library (since all the money gathered from it would go towards buying new games for the library)

If anyone has a sony/playstation card, I just got an email about getting 2000 points for spending 2000 points. Unfortunately, PSN cards are excluded, but $20 of free stuff is still good. 

I know I am not that much of an active member around here, but I got to agree with the lack of site visits... for instances, probably a lot of people here don't even know the site where the library is (me included xD), and that surelly will diminuish the visits.

Another thing I said to the post of someone whose name I dont remember (I apologise to whoever it is xD),.. Even though the timeshares on the library are free, I always though it should be implemented some kind of "start paying $ after x weeks timesharing the same acount", it does not only allow accounts and games to circulate a lot more between people, as it can also work as a self-sustaining system for the library (since all the money gathered from it would go towards buying new games for the library)
some games have a time limit on them. the ones that don't i will try to get a limit put on them because when people just dump a share in the library and tell them to pass it to the next person, shares get lost and ignored, or people keep them for months on end without playing them

money will never play a factor in the library

Longshot, but I'm looking for the following resells:

-Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

-Deadly Premonition

-NCAA 14

I appreciate any and all leads. :whistle2:

Looking for KZ shadow fall resell or NBA2K14 resell for PS4. 

Selling NFS RIVALS (PS4) resell.

i have a phantom for sale (games are already bought, one account, ready for download):

Dead Space 3

Dragon Age 2

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Dante's Inferno

the price is $8 (PayPal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back