CAG PSN Gamesharing #8 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Okay. This part from pravado was throwing me off:

I was taking that to mean that after the download has completed that you lose access to the account. Is what happens instead, then, that the owner changes the password, the downloader cannot log in to PSN store etc on that account, but the local PS3 retains the record and as a result has free access to games already downloaded?

If this isn't the case, then how is it that you lose access to the game? With the limitation of two active systems per account, de-activating the PS3 seems necessary to have 4 people (for example, quoting what was stated earlier) sharing a game when an account can only be active on two systems.

Edit: Or is there some implied responsibility that when you phantom you'll be finished with the game in some reasonable amount of time instead of backlogging it for years?
As a phantom, you lose access to the account, but the account is still on your system. You can't delete it or log back into it, as doing either of these things will cause you to lose the game.

dude its not that complicated lol

when you make a new user on your ps3/4, you link a psn account to it

here are the steps

host makes the account and gives info to phantoms

phantoms download the game and tell the host when they're done downloading and installing

host makes them phantoms (don't ask how, we don't tell newbies, stick around and eventually you'll learn)

phantoms can then play the game on any user account on their ps3/4

at this point:

if the phantom tries to log back into the psn account, it will break their license and the game won't work

if the phantom removes the user associated with the psn account, the game won't work

if the phantom deletes the game, they can not log in to the account again to redownload it (because it will break the license)

then the host changes the password (to eliminate risk of two phantoms who could potentially steal the acct in the future since they have the info) and gives the new info to the resells

there's a reason we don't make all the information public. if sony knew how we did it, they'd figure out a way to stop it. our "phantom" method allows us to squeeze two extra slots out of an account, whereas without this method you would only have the two resell accounts (that work based on activating and deactivating)

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a reason we don't make all the information public. if sony knew how we did it, they'd figure out a way to stop it. our "phantom" method allows us to squeeze two extra slots out of an account, whereas without this method you would only have the two resell accounts (that work based on activating and deactivating)
Cool, thanks. And yeah this is basically what I was looking for a rundown on, the sequence of events and how everything works from the perspective of a buyer. I don't really care about how an account is made a phantom, but for obvious reasons it's good to understand how you retain the ability to play a game, and what the different terminology (resell, phantom) implies when talking about buying a game.

Cool, thanks. And yeah this is basically what I was looking for a rundown on, the sequence of events and how everything works from the perspective of a buyer. I don't really care about how an account is made a phantom, but for obvious reasons it's good to understand how you retain the ability to play a game, and what the different terminology (resell, phantom) implies when talking about buying a game.
It comes across as a lot more complicated than it is. Like Pravado said though, it's pretty simple. Download those phantom games and just don't ever delete the/log into those accounts and you can play the game forever.

Looking for a Tales of Xillia 2 group as a phantom

Looking for BlazBlue Chronophantasma and/or Ducktales HD shares

Selling CoD Ghosts PS3 resell

Starting from today Destiny Beta will be public for everyone.
My enthusiasm was going down a bit since there is still no word on if our progress will be kept but... new prey.

Anyone who's stopped playing the beta due to the level 8 cap should know that you can still (slowly) unlock new abilities. Not sure how many but with the Warlock character so far I've seen the 2nd level grenade, super and physical attack.

I thought you had a ps4 as well. If you did was gonna remind you that the ps4 version was announced for this winter in US
I don't D: I had a last minute change of plans. I've been looking for some on the cheaper-side. Cowboom had em on sale recently and I lucked out on it the day I stopped looking at the deals page -.- Plus, not really eager as I was before since none of the current PS4 games catch my eye/most of my friends still on PS3 (mainly anticipated in FF15 and KH3... which will be pho-eva

Awesome.

Now I just need to clear up some hard drive space.... :wall:
If it helps, I made this page for my friends to get a better understanding http://pastebin.com/BUSxurf4

If it's needed, I'll take remove the link I just posted for save measures

My enthusiasm was going down a bit since there is still no word on if our progress will be kept but... new prey.

Anyone who's stopped playing the beta due to the level 8 cap should know that you can still (slowly) unlock new abilities. Not sure how many but with the Warlock character so far I've seen the 2nd level grenade, super and physical attack.
people who saw it behind closed doors said they didn't see it going past level 30, so i doubt your level 8 or any abilities will transfer

there are two things that they have confirmed will "carry over" but if they have any value is yet to be seen

-loot cards: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/208271-loot-cards.html

- if you play it this saturday at 2pm PDT, you will get "a reward" to transfer to the regular game. bet its just a dumb emblem.

people who saw it behind closed doors said they didn't see it going past level 30, so i doubt your level 8 or any abilities will transfer

there are two things that they have confirmed will "carry over" but if they have any value is yet to be seen

-loot cards: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/208271-loot-cards.html
- if you play it this saturday at 2pm PDT, you will get "a reward" to transfer to the regular game. bet its just a dumb emblem.
I know a lot of sites have reported the level cap as being 20. But then you see things like the below screenshot and it makes you think it's higher.

fist_of_havoc.jpg

What's the best way to keep unlocking abilities? Repeating devils lair or playing capture the zone mp?

buying dark souls 2 - season pass when it comes out to US accounts...

PM me
There is no season pass for NA: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/331376-cag-psn-gamesharing-8-findcreate-a-gameshare-group-and-gameshare-faq/page-117#entry11948334

Any Wolfenstein PS4 resells? Also looking for a PS4 Transistor resell. PM me!
Will.gtz was looking for a phantom (or resell) of Wolfenstein. You can try forming a group with him.

I can fund the account but I have 0 idea how to do ps4 phantoms. If someone else can, let me know, otherwise i'll start asking around how to.
How can you not know after I sent you a wall of text on how to do it?

Trying to get a handle on how gamesharing works. The faq doesn't really discuss resell or phantom at all. How do those work?
I'll PM you.

And actually, he is just the one who spoke up..
I agree with your post, but a little consistency would be nice. The numerous posts about Destiny since before the beta began have clogged up the thread much more than Krashhole's posts, yet there is a thread dedicated to it in this same sub-forum. I'm not talking about setting up clans or groups with members of this thread or even the codes, but the questions and answers about the game which have been already posted in the linked thread. Even if a question has yet to be answered, why post in here when more people will see it in the other thread?

Again, I agree with his post, but Pravado being the one to bring it up is odd, since he is in the top 3 posters of this thread and the last. The other two are Rpg and Snake. While Rpg is a search engine and regularly posts sales, deals and info, and Snake is the town bicycle of gsing, Pravado does not do something similar.

I'm not telling anyone to not do anything, I'm just asking for consistency.

Edit:

You mentioned at one point you were able to use the same email for multiple PSN IDs. Did it involve adding a character to the email address? For example, adding '.' at any point before '@' for gmail gives you a 'different' address, but email will still be sent to the address that does not have the period.

I'm thinking if this has any potential other than having all of your emails sent to one address. The problem is you would be putting all of your eggs in one basket, so it's risky.

For Sale:
[PS3] Entwined Phantom - $1
[PS3] Battlefield 4 + Premium + China Rising + Second Assault + Naval Strike + Dragon's Teeth Phantom - $9***
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII + Cloud DLC + Japanese VO Phantom - $7
Ni no Kuni Phantom - $2
[PS4] Trine 2: Complete Story Resell - $10/ Phantom - $5

***Unadvertised bonuses - Access to Final Stand as well as the ability to resell the slot anytime until the end of November. PM for more info. Regulars only.

Available for rent:
PS4:
[UK] Child of Light - $0.50/week
Watch Dogs - $1.50/week
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $1/week
[UK] Killzone Shadow Fall - $1/week
Assassin's Creed IV + Season Pass - $1/week

PS3:
The Last of Us + Season Pass - $0.50/week
South Park: The Stick of Truth - $1/week
Bioshock + Bioshock 2 + Minerva's Den + Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass - $0.50/week
DIshonored + all trophy DLC - $0.50/week
Far Cry 3 - $0.25/week

Titles currently being rented:
Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass
[PS4] Entwined
[PS4] Sniper Elite 3
Transistor
[PS4] Wolfenstein
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance + all trophy DLC
Infamous Second Son
Dark Souls II + Crown of the Sunken King

Yo, broadcasting BF4 (PS4). Add me and we'll team up real quick.
PSN: barca239

Edit: Ugh, was doing badly and really needed my glasses and I finally found them after two days. :/
I'm live again. (11:08am) EDT

Edit 2: Error, restarting stream. (11:32am)

I dont want to derail the thread too much but could you guys get me some screenshots of any loot you see past level 20? PMs are fine so we so we don't clutter up the thread.

I dont want to derail the thread too much but could you guys get me some screenshots of any loot you see past level 20? PMs are fine so we so we don't clutter up the thread.
You should check out reddit.com/r/destinythegame for stuff like this. Not many people play as much here but that place is dedicated for that sole game. I'm pretty sure you can find what you want there.

Looking for a timeshare of:

- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

- ONE PIECE: Unlimited World Red

- The Amazing Spider-Man 2

For Sale:

PS4
Air Conflicts: Vietnam Ultimate Edition (EU) Resell - $20

Thief (Resell) - $20

Bound By Flame (Resell) - $20

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Resell) - $15

PS3
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning + DLC & Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Phantom) - $6
Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS, Sonic Adventure 2 + DLC (Phantom) - $3
Record of Agarest War (Phantom) - $2.50 (Resell) - $5

Rogue Legacy($17) $13.59 with plus

PS4-

r-

1.emoney

------------

p

1- snakey

PS3

r-

r-

-----------

p-

p-

The Swapper ($20) $16 ps plus

PS4-

r-kb420mcl

--------

p-snakey

PS3-

r-

r-

---------

p-ludwigfrech

p-

CounterSpy($15) $12 with ps plus

PS4

r-wpress

======

p-snakey

PS3

r-rpg

r-

======

p-

p-

Just a headsup for anyone who might have been mistaken like me. When funding an account, increments of $5 are indeed required. However, when making purchases directly from a card you can pay the exact amount as long as it's over $5. I accidentally re-discovered this last night. So, yeah. Maybe I'm the only one who had forgotten, lol.

If any of you guys want some $5 off GS coupons let me know. They can be used on PSN crads :)
Same, I got one of those.

Tried getting an Xbox One game via a trade in along with this $5 off coupon at ScamStop,

and I forgot my ID in my other wallet, as it's required in California for ID with trade-ins.

Expires August 3rd.

Asking $2.50 via Paypal.

Same, I got one of those.

Tried getting an Xbox One game via a trade in along with this $5 off coupon at ScamStop,

and I forgot my ID in my other wallet, as it's required in California for ID with trade-ins.

Expires August 3rd.

Asking $2.50 via Paypal.
Really? Wow. Whats super funny is that you mention "ScamStop" In the same post that you asked $2.50 for a FREE $5 off coupon.

Heres the link to get these coupons everyone, so that everyone can see they are completely free. Or just ask Pliskin... He will hook it up, minus the fee lol.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7074264-5-off-gamestop-coupon-for-playing-lionheart-tactics

#SellingFreeStuffForMoney

Looking for a phantom of batman arkham origins while its cheap.
Looking for dark souls 2 DLC and batman arkham origins resells, thanks.
You guys might as well start a group.

Batman: Arkham Origins - $8.40

$2.80

1. Edzor

$1.40

1. Deadpool 3.0

Just a headsup for anyone who might have been mistaken like me. When funding an account, increments of $5 are indeed required. However, when making purchases directly from a card you can pay the exact amount as long as it's over $5. I accidentally re-discovered this last night. So, yeah. Maybe I'm the only one who had forgotten, lol.
You can also fund the exact amount (must be over $5) using Paypal on a PS3 or PS4 console.

If any of you guys want some $5 off GS coupons let me know. They can be used on PSN crads :)
But you have to go into the store. *shudders*

Still, free money, so if you are going to the store, you might as well use it.

The coupons are pretty easy to get on a droid phone so Im just giving them for away for free.
Yep: $5 Off at GameStop by Playing Lionheart Tactics for Free

so by accident i noticed a game called bayonetta , have no idea how i didn't hear about it before :D . any one got a share for sale ?

Really? Wow. Whats super funny is that you mention "ScamStop" In the same post that you asked $2.50 for a FREE $5 off coupon.

Heres the link to get these coupons everyone, so that everyone can see they are completely free. Or just ask Pliskin... He will hook it up, minus the fee lol.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7074264-5-off-gamestop-coupon-for-playing-lionheart-tactics

#SellingFreeStuffForMoney
Listen "EliteOne", don't get your panties all in twist.

If I was more aware that it was "easy" to obtain and not locked to a single account/email/whatever,

I'd actually give this code for FREE. Like you keep reiterating like some kind of broken record.

BF4 Keyboard warrior.

Everyone makes mistakes, I'd like to not get crucified for something,

that I don't ever do (Sell Free Stuff). Not that you'd know anyway, cause you're too busy chasing after trophies,

unlike some of us who actually work multiple jobs for a living.

EDIT: Just saw 21 years old. No wonder. I can understand now.

Listen "EliteOne", don't get your panties all in twist.

If I was more aware that it was "easy" to obtain and not locked to a single account/email/whatever,

I'd actually give this code for FREE. Like you keep reiterating like some kind of broken record.

BF4 Keyboard warrior.

Everyone makes mistakes, I'd like to not get crucified for something,

that I don't ever do (Sell Free Stuff). Not that you'd know anyway, cause you're too busy chasing after trophies,

unlike some of us who actually work multiple jobs for a living.

EDIT: Just saw 21 years old. No wonder. I can understand now.
good job putting down someone for offering the codes for free when you want money for them. No offense to you man but if the Elite one is in college I am pretty sure he won't be working multiple jobs.

PS. pretty sure you aren't getting crucified unless you act like a dick which your edit kind of states that you are going to come off as one.

good job putting down someone for offering the codes for free when you want money for them. No offense to you man but if the Elite one is in college I am pretty sure he won't be working multiple jobs.

PS. pretty sure you aren't getting crucified unless you act like a dick which your edit kind of states that you are going to come off as one.
Did I specify I really come off as wanting money for them? I probably left out that I had thought Pliskin was going to sell them or something, thus he wanted others to let him know and that they can be used on PSN cards. I put that together and made the initial assessment that he was trying to sell them. So I wanted to see if I can get into that too, had no idea he was giving them for free and they were so easy to obtain.

And as far as being in college, I worked a bunch of jobs in college, that's how I paid off most of my expenses/fees.

Still going to college when I can, to try and get RN.

If you read his post and the tone, you'd understand why I fired back with what I said.

EDIT: Also, am pretty sure I got this coupon a couple days or so before it was posted on slickdeals,

I believe I got it from an email or some post somewhere else, can't remember. I installed the app, and my nephew played the game, and did all that stuff cause I asked him to whenever he got a hold of my smartphone (as he likes to play on it when I pick him up from school/baseball practice/whenever parents ask me to and am free). So I apologize once again, if it's that easy to acquire.

Didn't mean to cause an uproar in here, I should've made it clear that I was giving them away. Sorry about that.

As for the coupons, Im starting to get a error message now when I try to claim one on a new account. EliteOne got the last one I had. I'll try again tomorrow and post if it starts working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back