CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

All my phantoms are gone too, they were working an hour ago and I shut the ps4 down completely as I have been the past few days. I lost so many games, a good amount of which I bought in the past month

WWE 2k15

Evil Within

Dying Light

Bloodborne

Borderlands Collection

Battlefield Hardline

Destiny

Dragon Age

Far Cry 4

Final Fantasy Type 0

Metro 2033

Metro LL

White Night

If anyone has resells of these for sale let me know please (esp destiny + bloodborne)

This is the end of gamesharing. I'm fucking pissed. It looks like Sony has caught on and is manually banning accounts (it was only a matter of time with how many people were just carefree about spreading info on how to create phantoms thinking there would be no blowback if the wrong ppl found out - this caused an uprising in people selling accounts on ebay and such)

If this was a hardware/software thing it would affect everyone at the same time, wouldn't be just randomly doing it for people relating to shutting down the console a certain way or anything. I mean, it's possible but incredibly unlikely it's a software thing, I think sony is just manually doing this.

Anyone who this hasn't affected, disconnect your PS4 from the internet if you want to save your phantoms.

Last edited by a moderator:
All my phantoms are gone too, they were working an hour ago and I shut the ps4 down completely as I have been the past few days. I lost so many games

WWE 2k15

Evil Within

Dying Light

Bloodborne

Borderlands Collection

Battlefield Hardline

Destiny

Dragon Age

Far Cry 4

Final Fantasy Type 0

Metro 2033

Metro LL

White Night

This is the end of gamesharing. I'm fucking pissed. Anyone who this hasn't affected, disconnect your PS4 from the internet if you want to save your phantoms.

All 13+ of my phantoms still work, no rest mode although I did use it once after playing bloodborne. 

They might be just going down a list and I will get hit soon, hopefully not though. 

I believe what is fucking up phantoms is the automatic save upload. 

Prior to losing my phantoms, I had notifications of failed upload attempts, so me being smart went into the PS+ cloud and deleted older saves/games in order to create more room for my newer games ( bloodborne, BL THC ) and the following morning my phantoms didn't work.

I'd advise on turning this feature off, as I believe this is what is causing it.

Not sure how it's linked to gamesharing but it's the only explanation as to why I lost my phantoms 

Prior to losing my phantoms, I had notifications of failed upload attempts, so me being smart went into the PS+ cloud and deleted older saves/games in order to create more room for my newer games ( bloodborne, BL THC ) and the following morning my phantoms didn't work.

I'd advise on turning this feature off, as I believe this is what is causing it.

Not sure how it's linked to gamesharing but it's the only explanation as to why I lost my phantoms
it has nothing to do with this, mine has been off for a long time

yeah my evolve update failed to download today, so deleted the game as i didnt enjoy it

disabled auto save uploading and auto downloading updates

So I guess the only gamesharing that's gonna get done is timeshares? Until *hopefully* someone can figure something out...
Timeshares... and locked slots (yeah i said it..)

Qdizzle predicted this.. which is why he's been timesharing for so long. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US DIZZLE? YOU COULD OF EVEN TOLD US IN YOUR THICK RUSSIAN ACCENT

Is this happening over at GTZ as well? I don't have access to their forums

Edit: to everyone who hasn't lost their phantoms:

tumblr_mad8yvikSg1r5z9ruo1_500.gif

tumblr_n0ho2vLDxz1r9u75ko1_500.gif

I haven't lost any games and I have my automatic downloads and uploads turned on, always use rest mode, and have used suspend/resume. At this point, I just view it as random.

Guys, Sony has an story of being a mf in the past. Back in the days of the CD piracy, they put a rootkit in every CD. Now I am sure after this update, they turned the ps4 in an always on digital media device. So they can validate often the licenses of the games. This is happening to only a few because it is a testing, but they probably go over everyone who had phantoms and deactivated them remotely.
At the end, they have their right to do it, because we "said" we were going to use our license in other system, but we were trying to keep alive the license in the previous one. So the bad guys here are us. The bad thing is that this is a shaddy matter and nobody is going to complaint with Sony directly.
So the only solution I see is to go offline to save your games and start trading accounts like if they were DVDs, deactviating from the console and transfering the rights to another user.

Sony is going to stop getting money, but it seems they dont care.

This is crazy, because I had the feeling they were promoting the GS with things like the crossbuy on the las COD and Destiny, which was the paradise for a lot of people. But things turned out now.

Lets see whats their next move

Timeshares... and locked slots (yeah i said it..)

Qdizzle predicted this.. which is why he's been timesharing for so long. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US DIZZLE? YOU COULD OF EVEN TOLD US IN YOUR THICK RUSSIAN ACCENT

Is this happening over at GTZ as well? I don't have access to their forums

Edit: to everyone who hasn't lost their phantoms:

tumblr_mad8yvikSg1r5z9ruo1_500.gif

tumblr_n0ho2vLDxz1r9u75ko1_500.gif
It is the same over there. A few people have been reporting lost shares, but most have not.

All my phantoms are gone too, they were working an hour ago and I shut the ps4 down completely as I have been the past few days. I lost so many games, a good amount of which I bought in the past month

WWE 2k15
Evil Within
Dying Light
Bloodborne
Borderlands Collection
Battlefield Hardline
Destiny
Dragon Age
Far Cry 4
Final Fantasy Type 0
Metro 2033
Metro LL
White Night

If anyone has resells of these for sale let me know please (esp destiny + bloodborne)

This is the end of gamesharing. I'm fucking pissed. It looks like Sony has caught on and is manually banning accounts (it was only a matter of time with how many people were just carefree about spreading info on how to create phantoms thinking there would be no blowback if the wrong ppl found out - this caused an uprising in people selling accounts on ebay and such)

If this was a hardware/software thing it would affect everyone at the same time, wouldn't be just randomly doing it for people relating to shutting down the console a certain way or anything. I mean, it's possible but incredibly unlikely it's a software thing, I think sony is just manually doing this.

Anyone who this hasn't affected, disconnect your PS4 from the internet if you want to save your phantoms.
This is a disaster. So lame.

It is the same over there. A few people have been reporting lost shares, but most have not.
Just metspride129 so far and another guy that tried to do the external hard drive backup option to replace his hdd but canceled it due to the backup procedure going to take forever. I just did a phantom for bloodborne and sold the resell there so hopefully I don't get screwed since I rarely gameshare anyways due to comcrap data caps and retail deals.

Could you do a translation? I (and I assume a fair few other people) don't speak Spanish, and I can't be bothered to type all that in to google translate. :/

Could you do a translation? I (and I assume a fair few other people) don't speak Spanish, and I can't be bothered to type all that in to google translate. :/
Basically sony just patched with the last update the phantoms and eventually all the phantoms accounts will die, so if you have phantom accounts go offline( don't connect your ps4 to the internet) since one day your games will be locked.

[quote name="Turk February" post="12606104" timestamp="1427774404"]Now for those of us who don't speak spanish...?[/quote]

The summary:

The guy asks why he lost some of his games and the agent asks if he bougth then online, the guy says yes and the agent says that is the main reason, then the guy asks why some people still have their games working and the agent says it is because they are working on it and even if they havent lost them yet, eventually it will happen. :(

Welp, I wish they Rebellion would hurry up and patch the last collectible into ZAT so I can get the plat. Only phantom that I care about so its going to suck to lose it before I can get that last trophy.

Well I think now we will be doing:
- timeshares
- lending accounts between users
- selling the account when you completed the game
- or just buying phantoms when you are not planning to go online for a long time

And for PS3?

Whatever happens, fine. We always find a way to establish gaming for cheap. Trading, rentals, PS3 phantoms if still possible and other ways we may not have even thought of yet. Groups will even be established again. 

I'm still uncertain about ps3 though, hopefully not the same situation.

So for more experienced users, do you think locked spots are going to become more viable now?

The problem there, it's that the user with the locked spot needs to be confiable since that spot would be cheap but the resell spot could loss the account

lol That's exactly what I was about to say
What do you mean by library?

bread's done
Back