CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Well my bloodborne and BL THC phantoms just showed up as locked for me..

I updated to 2.50 several days ago.. what the fuck happened???

Just basically lost $50 down the drain..

Edit: as I mentioned below, I've been recently keeping my PS4 on standy due to the suspend/resume feature.. maybe this has something to do with it?

Also, I update to 2.50 the day it was available, and my phantoms were fine for several days.. up until now... 

I know how the system works, so I was logged out and all that snazz ( passwords on shares were changed, etc )

Just kind of fucked up

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my bloodborne and BL THC phantoms just showed up as locked for me..

I updated to 2.50 several days ago.. what the fuck happened???

Just basically lost $50 down the drain..
This is crazy all these phantoms locking. Something is going on. Are there any reports from other sites that this is widespread?

This is crazy all these phantoms locking. Something is going on. Are there any reports from other sites that this is widespread?
I've had my PS4 on standy because of how you can now suspend/resume, previously I would shut my PS4 off.. wonder if that has something to do with it?

Really pissed... I did host both of the groups for Bloodborne and Borderlands THC, so I might try contacting the resells and see if they're ok with me doing the naughty naughty and get my phantoms back...

Just really sucks because it's $50 down a drain. I don't have that much free cash to spend because of the upcoming wedding... and I can't afford to rebuy these games :/

I've had my PS4 on standy because of how you can now suspend/resume, previously I would shut my PS4 off.. wonder if that has something to do with it?
I use my PS4 on standby when I'm downloading games at night. Never had a phantom lock out though. I have had Driveclub & GTA V phantoms from day 1. Did you sign out the phantom user account from PSN before deactivation? Not log off.

Weird. I'm sorry to hear that man.  I also lost phantoms of Bloodborne, Battlefield: H, GTA, Driveclub & Helldivers. That was during the HDD backup/restore.

Can you please PM me the naughty naughty process?

I'm wondering if using rest mode/suspend has anything to do with it. The only time I actually shut the system off is when I log out while I'm being phantomed. Every other time I use rest mode. I've have yet to use suspend/resume though.

I'm wondering if using rest mode/suspend has anything to do with it. The only time I actually shut the system off is when I log out while I'm being phantomed. Every other time I use rest mode. I've have yet to use suspend/resume though.
I use rest a good deal during the day now that I am home for a while. Use it to keep ds4 charged. Shut down at night. I have two phantoms and all is well so far. But they are not popular. Risk and tlou.

Seems to be games played a lot now. I wonder if it is something with both phantom and resell playing at same time? Perhaps on a locked slot?

Not saying anyone has anything to do with the locked slot. Just exploring options.

There has to be a common theme to all this as to why it is happening to some and not others.

My DBZ Xenoverse isn't locked, I've used both rest mode/suspend and completely shut down my PS4. I haven't logged onto the Phantom account since I downloaded the game a couple days ago.

Resell BF Hardline $35

Timeshare. PS4
THIS Week (PM me to be added to the queue)
Borderlands (Handsome Jack Collection)
Bloodborne

Game of Thrones Ep3
Life is Strange Ep 2
Metal Slug 3
......................................................................................................................
Next Week

(PM me to be added to the queue)
MLB 15 The Show

.......................................................................................................................
Assassin's Creed Unity $2
Battlefield 4 + Premium $1.50
Battlefield Hardline $3
COD Advanced Warfare + season pass $2
Chariot $1
Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round $1.50
DMC Definitive Edition $2
Dragon Age Inquisition $2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $3
Driveclub $2
DivekIck $1.50
Dying Light $2
Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme $2
Helldivers $1
Hotline Miami 2 $1
Evolve $2
Farcry 4 $2
Fifa 15 $2
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD $3
Game of thrones ep 1 +2 $0.50 a day
GTA V $2
Grim Fandango $1
Guilty Gear xrd sign $2
Last of Us Remastered $1.50
Lego Marvel Heroes $1
Life is strange ep 1 $0.50 a day
Little Big planet 3 $2
Lords of the Fallen $2
Metal Gear Ground Zeroes $1.50
Mercenary Kings $1
NBA2K15 $2
NFS Rivals $1.50
PVZ Garden Warfare $1
Resident Evil Remastered $1.50
Resident Evil Revalations Season Pass $1.50 a week
Saints Row Re Elected + Gat out of Hell $2.50
Saints Row :Gat out of Hell $1.50
Samurai Warriors 4 $2
Shadow Of Mordor + season pass $2
Sleeping Dogs Def Edition $2
Styx Master Of Shadows $1
Super Stardust Ultra PS4 $1
Tales from the borderlands ep 1+2 $0.50 a day
The Crew $2
The Evil Within + season pass $2
The Order $3
The Wolf among Us $1.50
Transformers Rise Of the Dark Spark $1
Wolfenstein:The New Order $1.50
Walking Dead season 2 $1.50
Walking Dead season 1 $1.50
Warriors Orochi Ultimate 3 $2
White Night $1
WWE 2K15 $2
Zombie Army Trilogy $2

Phantom
Metal Slug 3 $6

All my phantoms were fine all week until my PS4 went into rest mode last night, now they're all locked.  Lotsa money down the freaking tube

I too have just lost all access to all my phantoms:

Borderlands:THC
Diablo 3 UEE
GTA 5
Dragon Age
Destiny
CoD:AW
Wolfenstein TNO

They were fine when I played yesterday. I have no words right now. So much money wasted.

I have both powered off completely and put my PS4 into rest mode and haven't lost a single phantom out of about 6 that I have.  I've had multiple users log into and out of my PS4 also this weekend (my brother and his kids are in town) and nothing out of the ordinary so far. *knock on wood*

What do the people who've lost their phantoms have in common?

As in, did you go tor rest mode? suspend feature etc
Best thing to do is make a post of users affected so it'as known how many members are affected. Then post a list of common issues/things be written as well. It might help for the coming days, if this issue persists.

Despite the recent issues with members on here, a situation like this can do with using all the good gamesharing eggheads.

I always use rest mode. My ps4 rarely gets powered completely down.

I have used the suspend mode.

When I download a phantom, I always log out and completely power down.

What's weird is I was playing on the phantoms just fine days after the update and then poof..... Gone.

Best thing to do is make a post of users affected so it'as known how many members are affected. Then post a list of common issues/things be written as well. It might help for the coming days, if this issue persists.

Despite the recent issues with members on here, a situation like this can do with using all the good gamesharing eggheads.
Yeah seems the best way

If it helps with the mystery, I never use rest or suspend mode. I always power off completely and I haven't lost either of my 2 phantoms, which were put on several months ago.

To those who still have their phantoms, congrats! Lets hope it stays this way for the next days&weeks.

To all who are affected by gameshare hell.Please answer these questions so
we can see some patterns. Add any other questions if they might be relevant.

1. When did you last add a new phantom/resell in your ps4 and what game?
2. Whats the last 3 phantoms/resells you bought/downloaded and when?
3. How many accounts total were in your ps4 when it happend? How many that were set to primary but disconnected?
4. When did you install the latest firmware?
5. Do you have any now locked games in your ps4, that have TWO ownerships? (you see the account owner(s), when you attempt to run the locked games)
6. Did you have your ps4 in rest mode in the last 24 hours over night or for downloading a game or for
    another reason, before your phantoms got locked?
7. Did you enable the suspend/resume feature in power settings after the last firmware update?

Dont quote my post but answer in one block with the numbers in advance so we can
compare more easily, copy&paste only the questions if you want to add more questions.

If it helps with the mystery, I never use rest or suspend mode. I always power off completely and I haven't lost either of my 2 phantoms, which were put on several months ago.
I always had my :ps4: on completely power off too and I still have all my phantoms.

The only time it was on rest was after the new update since for some reason it changed to that automatically. As soon as I spotted it on rest after I turned it off for the first time, I immediately turned it back on and put it power off completely. As of right now, I still have all my phantoms.

For Sale:
PS4:
Bound by Flame Resell - $10
Child of Light [UK] Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell - $30
Entwined Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Injustice Ultimate Edition Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $8
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor + Season Pass Phantom - $14
Saints Row IV + Gat out of hell Resell - $22
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Phantom - $10
Thief Phantom - $5/ Resell - $10 (or rent for $1/week)

PS3:
Bioshock + Bioshock 2 + The Protector Trials + Minerva's Den + Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Resell - $7
Dark Souls II + all crown DLC Resell - $12
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell - $10/ Phantom - $4
Dishonored + all trophy DLC Resell - $3
Final Fantasy 13-2 Resell - $3
Gran Turismo 6 Resell - $7/ Phantom - $3
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII + Cloud DLC + Japanese VO Resell - $7
Resident Evil 4 HD + DmC + Vergil's Downfall + Costume pack + Puppeteer + Fatal Frame Phantom - $3
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season Phantom -$2
South Park: The Stick of Truth Resell - $5

Available for rent (per week):
PS4:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag + Season Pass - $1
Battlefield 4 + Premium - $1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare + Havoc DLC - $1
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition - $1
DmC: Definitive Edition - $1.25
Dragon Age: Inquisition - $1.50
Driveclub + Season Pass - $1.50
Infamous Second Son - $1
Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass - $1
Metro Redux - $1
Rayman Legends - $1
Resident Evil HD - $0.50
Saints Row IV Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell - $1.50
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $1
Watch Dogs + Season Pass - $1.50

Currently being rented:
PS4: (per week)
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - $1.50
Dying Light + Season Pass - $1.50
Far Cry 4 + Season Pass - $1.50
Final Fantasy Type-0 - $1.50
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season + Wesker - $0.50
The Order: 1886 - $1.50

Jupst saw on my country's fb gameshare page, that the backup options ruins the licenses on your ps4. Maybe the users who lost phantoms tried that option?

Not to derail the topic at hand here but speaking of the update, there's 2 options that we were supposed to get in this update which I can't figure out how to make them work still: the sorting of trophies, and changing of text options. Anyone figure out how to do these yet?

For those that lost phantoms:

What kind of automatic download/upload settings do you use (Settings>System>Auto Download/Upload)?

It might be that Sony called into all accounts that have the "auto updates and saved data while in rest mode" feature turned on at sometime during the update.

And when it called into a phantomed account the system bounced back as deactivated and locked the licence - pretty much the same as if you accidentally logged in.

Maybe start unchecking these settings when phantoming an account, to be safe.

Just my $.02, hope it helps.

I think some just screwed and earn money so lots who sell phantoms or Resell need more trusted More information about him

Does anyone know if EU DLC would work with a US share?

its a bit hit and miss.

I had the destiny UK trial and bought a US phantom from here and it activated the full game with dark below dlc.

Not to derail the topic at hand here but speaking of the update, there's 2 options that we were supposed to get in this update which I can't figure out how to make them work still: the sorting of trophies, and changing of text options. Anyone figure out how to do these yet?
They work for me.

Text options are under the Accessibility menu.

The trophy sorting works with individual game lists by hitting the options button. You can't sort your main trophy list.

Jesus trying to reply to people on the sites mobile layout is ass.

Has anyone lost a phantom that they've downloaded after the update?
I had a friend who made a Bloodborne one on Friday and it had offed itself today. As far as he told me he had his console I rest mode the entire time.

Does anyone know if EU DLC would work with a US share?

its a bit hit and miss.

I had the destiny UK trial and bought a US phantom from here and it activated the full game with dark below dlc.
Won't work with any game. DLC has to be from the same region as the game or it won't work. If you bought a phantom of Destiny that had the expansion pass you'll get all the DLC, because the expansion pass just works as an unlock since the DLC is downloaded as patches and not separate, so that could be why you're getting it.

Damn just read the thread. Worst thing is I bought Bloodborne and Battlefield today as phantoms when I thought they were resells! Should have woken up properly first. $50 will probably be pissed away soon. Today was the first time I used rest mode in a while too. So will check my shares in the morning. I played a GTAV phantom today and it was fine though.

If it works for me I assume being in the EU and havign a US shares may avoid detection (hopefully lol)

I think two people who own one phantom and one resell should play online at the same time on a low value game and see if its locks it out.

Jesus trying to reply to people on the sites mobile layout is ass.

I had a friend who made a Bloodborne one on Friday and it had offed itself today. As far as he told me he had his console I rest mode the entire time.

Won't work with any game. DLC has to be from the same region as the game or it won't work. If you bought a phantom of Destiny that had the expansion pass you'll get all the DLC, because the expansion pass just works as an unlock since the DLC is downloaded as patches and not separate, so that could be why you're getting it.
thanks makes sense about destiny.

bread's done
Back