CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

No. It's not specific games that are removed, it's all games on a system. I lost games that have no following whatsoever like White Night. Either something in the system is deactivating the phantoms randomly when you turn the system on (when you try to remove them theres no activation warning) (unlikely imo), or sony has a way to check for phantoms now and is remotely deactivating phantom accounts somehow
I was more thinking in line of
The system checks if there is a bloodborne/Hardline phantom and if yes check the rest of the system on other phantoms.

Just a theory.

I was more thinking in line of
The system checks if there is a bloodborne/Hardline phantom and if yes check the rest of the system on other phantoms.

Just a theory.
Doubtful. I hosted groups for each game. My Bloodborne phantom came in here and announced that he'd lost it, and my Hardline phantom told me he still had it. I really don't think that we're gonna figure this out, it seems too random. Seems like that customer service guy might actually know what he's talking about

Doubtful. I hosted groups for each game. My Bloodborne phantom came in here and announced that he'd lost it, and my Hardline phantom told me he still had it. I really don't think that we're gonna figure this out, it seems too random. Seems like that customer service guy might actually know what he's talking about
So it does exclude hardline as a plausible check, but is not yet excludable.

Just trying to make up some possibilities

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went through the posts since last Wednesday and made note of everyone who lost phantoms. *Don't ask me WHY or anything, just seems like a good idea to keep track in case someone thinks of something*

ayevenom
ProfessorStotch
The One82
rpg
MageShadow
enorris116
sgand
Pravado
wpress
Bigwig_Rah
drolan
whitnom4
killapigs
blabadon
captbeef
TNSmokey98

Anyone missing from this list?

So I went through the posts since last Wednesday and made note of everyone who lost phantoms. *Don't ask me WHY or anything, just seems like a good idea to keep track in case someone thinks of something*

ayevenom
ProfessorStotch
The One82
rpg
MageShadow
enorris116
sgand
Pravado
wpress
Lashley
Bigwig_Rah

*looks up 10 posts*

Me lol

ayevenom
ProfessorStotch
The One82
rpg
MageShadow
enorris116
sgand
Pravado
wpress
Lashley
Bigwig_Rah
drolan

WOAH WOAH WOAH

I've lost NONE, but thanks for tempting fate!

I have lost none also but feel bad for the one that have lost them. I really think there is a logical explanation about all of this. I'm going to give until next week until I will start to think I'm safe. I have left my system online BTW.

Just a thought, but I'm wondering if the average person who did lose their phantoms had mainly phantoms than resells.

I have 2 phantoms and about 6 or 7 resells and my phantoms are safe as of now.

So Jeff and other former GW3 players, this update is awesome.  

Also looks like Ultimate mode counts towards your 1 mil geoms so now I won't have to really grind for it.

So resell accounts are now worth pretty much full price?  I'm willing to resell my Bloodborne resell for $50 since I beat it and have no time to go back and replay it.  I will rebuy it later for DLC and such though... If any regular CAG wants the resell for that price PM me.  I have no real problem keeping it but just thought I would throw it out for cheaper than full price if anyone was interested.

So resell accounts are now worth pretty much full price? I'm willing to resell my Bloodborne resell for $50 since I beat it and have no time to go back and replay it. I will rebuy it later for DLC and such though... If any regular CAG wants the resell for that price PM me. I have no real problem keeping it but just thought I would throw it out for cheaper than full price if anyone was interested.
I'm not the type to regularly call people out but if you're not joking, that is a dick move selling a slot you bought for $36 for $50.

ayevenom
ProfessorStotch
The One82
rpg
MageShadow
enorris116
sgand
Pravado
wpress
Bigwig_Rah
drolan

Anyone from this list willing to conduct an experiment with me? I have an account with flOw on it that we could use to try and recreate a lockout.

WOAH WOAH WOAH

I've lost NONE, but thanks for tempting fate!
Knock on wood. I keep on check to see if my Hardline is still ok.

Just a thought, but I'm wondering if the average person who did lose their phantoms had mainly phantoms than resells.

I have 2 phantoms and about 6 or 7 resells and my phantoms are safe as of now.
1 Phantom and 5 or 6 resells but I do purchase games regularly on my main account since I split it with a friend. Other thing is I normally close the application then go to sleep mode so I can charge my controller.

I'll be around tomorrow if you're looking to test something.
Nothing complicated. Just want to phantom someone who has encountered the problem and see if it gets locked again. (Would suggest that particular PS4 is flagged in some way)

One question for the people on the list.. Were all the phantoms on your system locked simultaneously? Are there anyone that only lost some phantoms?

ayevenom
ProfessorStotch
The One82
rpg
MageShadow
enorris116
sgand
Pravado
wpress
Bigwig_Rah
drolan

Killapigs lost several phantoms save the ones he bought from me.

Knock on wood. I keep on check to see if my Hardline is still ok.

1 Phantom and 5 or 6 resells but I do purchase games regularly on my main account since I split it with a friend. Other thing is I normally close the application then go to sleep mode so I can charge my controller.
I do the exact same.

Also: Settings > System > Automatic Downloads and Uploads

There are 5 boxes I just unchecked as they are checked by default.. I suggest everyone uncheck these.

As of 3/31/15 5:00 AM PST this morning, all my phantoms are active including Bloodborne.

All this is starting to scare me. I'm now just dreaded to come home to see locked symbols all across 15 of my phantom accounts. To those who still have active phantoms especially Bloodborne/Hardline, isn't it better to stay offline and out of PSN for the duration of the time to prevent being locked out? Somehow I don't see any other way to prevent being flagged and locked. Prevention is dire at times like this, and I wish all my GS brethren will not suffer the same fate. There is a possibility a mass ban wave is in motion and theories has yet to be proven on why this is affecting some of us but everyone.

Please continue to post your theories and status for the time being. I seriously hope this is just the 2.50 update screwing things up unintentionally and not Sony initiating a global ban on GS. If anything, Sony could of publicly announce it.

As of 3/31/15 5:00 AM PST this morning, all my phantoms are active including Bloodborne.

All this is starting to scare me. I'm now just dreaded to come home to see locked symbols all across 15 of my phantom accounts. To those who still have active phantoms especially Bloodborne/Hardline, isn't it better to stay offline and out of PSN for the duration of the time to prevent being locked out? Somehow I don't see any other way to prevent being flagged and locked. Prevention is dire at times like this, and I wish all my GS brethren will not suffer the same fate. There is a possibility a mass ban wave is in motion and theories has yet to be proven on why this is affecting some of us but everyone.

Please continue to post your theories and status for the time being. I seriously hope this is just the 2.50 update screwing things up unintentionally and not Sony initiating a global ban on GS. If anything, Sony could of publicly announce it.
https://youtu.be/rbBX6aEzEz8

ayevenom
ProfessorStotch
The One82
rpg
MageShadow
enorris116
sgand
Pravado
wpress
Bigwig_Rah
drolan

i just lost wwe and destiny this morning. i dont have a phantom of either hardline or bloodbourne.

Turned on my PS4's network setting and immediately lost my phantoms (Bloodborne, AC IV, CoD Ghosts).

Many tears
That's pretty crazy.. You were staying offline to avoid that... They must have some checking system in place now. Because it's not affecting everyone.. Maybe it's just something they are testing before they proceed with it in the future.

can anyone pm me how locked slots work, I'm getting a PS4 early next month and I figure this is the only method to share with my nephew.

Yeah, what happened:

Bloodborne has been in suspend/resume. Due to work the only time I've turned on my PS4 is to turn off Network settings. Nothing was locked or not working. I turn it on, get a notification that Axiom Verge and the Bloodborne Update is installing, then go to Bloodborne. I go past the screen saying I want to play without updating, but it says cannot connect the license or whatever.

Then the lock appeared.

It's either the end of sharing as we have done it.

Or it's a bug in the new firmware. But I don't see why that would be messed around with since the update had nothing to do with that stuff.

Today my console has been in suspend /resume with bloodborne, I played about 3 hours , all settings activated. I played fifa 15 (Phantom ) about one hour, and all my Phantoms are fine. This is very strange.

I'm not the type to regularly call people out but if you're not joking, that is a dick move selling a slot you bought for $36 for $50.
No, I was planning on keeping the slot to play later but if someone wants the game and doesn't want to pay $60 for it they can get it cheaper. I'll rebuy it later when it drops in price since I won't be playing for a little bit. No one has to take it, it's there as an alternative to buying the game outright for $60.

If you won't be playing the game for a while why not loan the game to someone who lost their phantom? Or, if you're looking to make a few dollars instead, you can rent the game out for awhile. I highly suggest you think this through a bit more.

I just put the offer out there, no one has to take it.  Normally I would have never bothered to even list the share. If there are cheaper BB resells then people can buy them and just ignore my offer and it's like it was never put out there in the first place.  Nothing wrong with more options.  If there are no shares and someone was going to buy the game for $60 then my option becomes a suitable alternative.  I will be playing the game again likely in the summer when I have more time on my hands so I will be buying it again and when I do it will likely be at full price.  I doubt the share will sell myself but I will put it out there.

If there are lots of veteran CAGs that want to play the game I have no problem renting it out at a weekly rate to give them a chance to play it but I haven't seen anyone who really wants to rent it.  If vets do, please PM me and if I receive a few PMs I'll just rent it out instead.  I have no problem doing that as a nice gesture to a great community. My option was only made to give someone a cheaper alternative to own a resell than buying it outright.  However, knowing I will be buying it again in the future there is no sense in me selling it below $50.

I just put the offer out there, no one has to take it. Normally I would have never bothered to even list the share. If there are cheaper BB resells then people can buy them and just ignore my offer and it's like it was never put out there in the first place. Nothing wrong with more options. If there are no shares and someone was going to buy the game for $60 then my option becomes a suitable alternative. I will be playing the game again likely in the summer when I have more time on my hands so I will be buying it again and when I do it will likely be at full price. I doubt the share will sell myself but I will put it out there.

If there are lots of veteran CAGs that want to play the game I have no problem renting it out at a weekly rate to give them a chance to play it but I haven't seen anyone who really wants to rent it. If vets do, please PM me and if I receive a few PMs I'll just rent it out instead. I have no problem doing that as a nice gesture to a great community. My option was only made to give someone a cheaper alternative to own a resell than buying it outright. However, knowing I will be buying it again in the future there is no sense in me selling it below $50.
I think the point is knowing a resell goes for $35.00 and selling it for profit is the douche thing that is being done. Don't be a douche. People on eBay selling for profit are why we are potentially having games being locked in the first place. Gamesharing isn't for profit, atleast thats not the way it started out.

For Sale

NBA2k15 (Resell) $19

Driveclub (Phantom) $15... Good for only offline play and buy at your own risk :)

MOTOGP14 and MXGP in one account (Resell) $45

Currently Rented

Shadow Of Mordor

This seems very weird. First off, sony can just contact eBay and have all those users suspended and start flagging the listings for such things in the future. This will put a huge dent in their digital pocket when digital sales slack off because of it, so i just dont think they'd do anything that drastic as to weed out phantom accounts. I'd put this more on the update being buggy/glitchy or something just not jiving with the update and licensing for games. Prayers that it all gets sorted out and that losses are minimal and this is a temporary situation.

On a side note, my last of us phantom is still going strong. Both of my friends borderlands phantoms are working just fine. Nothing changed at all as far as settings.

So to any of those lucky guys who have their phantoms still working (and those phantoms were already reset by the hosts),

did you ever temper with your network settings, like when PSN was having issues, and entered different DNS Nameservers like the Google ones  (8.8.8.8)?

Typical, just got my 2TB hardrive delivered to accomodate new games. Half tempted to see if I can get loads of phantoms, then play offline. But if it appears they're getting locked without even being online then looks like its back to the drawing board

[quote name="killapigs" post="12609631" timestamp="1427874340"]So to any of those lucky guys who have their phantoms still working (and those phantoms were already reset by the hosts),

did you ever temper with your network settings, like when PSN was having issues, and entered different DNS Nameservers like the Google ones (8.8.8.8)?[/quote]
I changed mine with issues with consistent speed. I am using opendns at the moment.

bread's done
Back