CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

My bloodborne phantom from this weekend is still going strong. I wonder if it is maybe targeted at people who GS often? I have only rented RE: Rev 2, have a Bloodborne phantom, and a Last of Us resell on my PS4.
That could be a possibility, PS4's that show they have unlicensed games, or however the phantom license works. This would show some sort of dodgy signs (sorry people) and possibly flag those accounts to be locked?

From what I can see it's people who have purchased quite a few accounts that have been struck, at least earlier than others.

For what it;s worth I have a working phantom, touch wood. I will update if any changes happen but for now I will keep it untouched.

Sorry double post -

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="ClydeShebang" post="12613745" timestamp="1427992613"]Sorry double post -

giphy.gif
[/quote]
The phantoms I lost were purchased about 5 months ago and I don't do much sharing.

I want to share some info:

I had one PS4 phantom in my console, it worked fine the last days, but a few hours ago its locked. The real thing is I was playing bloodborne, but suddenly the console bring me out to the xmb menu, I said "WTF?, bloodborne still was actived, so I reentered again, when I finished to play bloodborne I went to check my games and my only ps4 phantom was locked now. My phantom cost like $5, so its not big deal.

I'm not so sure if the issue is caused by your hard drive, but if you eventually decide to replace it I'd advise choosing either a 1tb or 2tb one. 1.5tb is a bit of a strange standard and while you can find a good drive of this size, most of the recommended options are 1tb and 2tb big.

If I were you I'd settle for 1tb, because they come in 7200rpm which is the sweet spot for speed (reduce them Bloodborne loading times yo) if you don't want to shell out for an SSHD or SSD. My recommendation is this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/HGST-Travelstar-2-5-Inch-Internal-0J22423/dp/B00B4QESVQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427986588&sr=8-2&keywords=2.5+7200

If the bigger size is a priority though, this one is a good choice:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-STBX2000401-2-5-Inch-Portable/dp/B00ILALU9G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427983692&sr=8-2&keywords=Seagate+2tb+2.5+7200

It is a portable drive, but you can easily take it out of the enclosure (as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkuCISkbIUo&list=UUtWScvg-KQi4mrf7_hRRgUQ) and place your current PS4 HDD inside afterwards.

There are tons of alternatives out there though, so if you can find a good deal on a different well review and popular drive it will most likely work great with your PS4.
Thanks for your response. Actually it's not easy for me to import hdd from Amazon right now, I have to buy it locally now please check these drives and tell me which one is best... I might go for 1tb 7200rpm. I am thinking of getting WD or Seagate but not sure wether they are 7200rpm or 5200rpm.

http://www.czone.com.pk/hard-drives-portable-hard-drives-pakistan-pt.178.aspx

Would anyone be interested in a phantom of my main (PS3) account? It's not much but I'm shaving things pretty close on rent for the month, so a couple extra bucks couldn't hurt.

Games include:

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Beat Hazard Ultra

Spelunky

Ni no Kuni

Rogue Legacy

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Tales of Xillia

SMT: Devil Summoner

SMT: Nocturne

SMT: Persona 3 FES

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Mirror's Edge

Wild Arms

God of War I/II HD

Crysis 3

Disgaea D2 Legacy costume pack

rank1down said:
Today 11:45 AM
there's no solution for this problem sony made a new firmware and with the new firmware 2.50 the servers detected the number of consoles conected on one account so whend 2 users are logged at the same time as primary account the first user the ghost is set to seconday user and will ask him to login taking the licence off...many many users are losing the ghosts evry second shows up a new case the solution here its to unplug the console and play offline or soon or later will show up the dead lock ...so in resume theres no more ghost accounts theres only a primary and secondary accounts with this update they fix the ghost account bug so i guess gamesharing on ps4 is over

That's from some shady site where people talk about listing phantoms on eBay. Looks like it's bad news.
That's not true. If ghost user sending the wake-up signal to primary user of the same account, then only one phantom should get locked. As far as I know all phantoms were affected at the same time.

rank1down said:
Today 11:45 AM
there's no solution for this problem sony made a new firmware and with the new firmware 2.50 the servers detected the number of consoles conected on one account so whend 2 users are logged at the same time as primary account the first user the ghost is set to seconday user and will ask him to login taking the licence off...many many users are losing the ghosts evry second shows up a new case the solution here its to unplug the console and play offline or soon or later will show up the dead lock ...so in resume theres no more ghost accounts theres only a primary and secondary accounts with this update they fix the ghost account bug so i guess gamesharing on ps4 is over
That should be easily testable. I'm about to leave for classes or else I would do it, but could someone test it out. Make a phantom of a demo game or something then both play it at the same time. If what I'm reading is correct, it should deactivate the phantom and cause it to get locked out.

Hmm my friend's gta phantom just stopped working when the new update for it pushed out this morning. My diablo 3 phantom still working fine. So it might really be the end of gs. Wonder if i should still risking this bloodborne phantom share lol.

Hmm my friend's gta phantom just stopped working when the new update for it pushed out this morning. My diablo 3 phantom still working fine. So it might really be the end of gs. Wonder if i should still risking this bloodborne phantom share lol.
If you are talking about D3: RoS that you bought from me - it's a half-phantom (without reset). Full phantom is on my console.

Thanks for your response. Actually it's not easy for me to import hdd from Amazon right now, I have to buy it locally now please check these drives and tell me which one is best... I might go for 1tb 7200rpm. I am thinking of getting WD or Seagate but not sure wether they are 7200rpm or 5200rpm.

http://www.czone.com.pk/hard-drives-portable-hard-drives-pakistan-pt.178.aspx
Both WD My Passport Ultra and Seagate Expansion (it's the 1tb version of the drive I recommended :D ) are good drives and should work perfectly with PS4. I'd go with Seagate here, because My Passport has a WD Green HDD inside, which is not so great, good but not great.

They are both 5400rpm as well. It really is up to you if you care about the ~3 seconds longer loading times. You could check other stores in your area for 7200rpm drives or just buy this Seagate, put it into your console and enjoy some games. Whichever you prefer.

However keep in mind that if you go with 5400rpm you may as well pick a 2tb one. Seagate Expansion is a popular drive, so I think you should be able to find the 2tb version available somewhere.

If you need more advice, shoot me a PM, I will be glad to help.

Might be a stupid idea but I don't understand how can Sony know if you are a phantom or not if you change the email from the phantom account. 

If it does indeed a server check on the account every few & then (not even looking for the password), then changing the email address of the PSN account that the phantom is from should prevent Sony from checking the account and see if you are a phantom or not.

Or, maybe they automatically disable the phantom if they can't "log in" to the account (and thus changing the email and/or password would disable it).

Has anyone tried changing the email and still got deactivated anyway ?

That's from some shady site where people talk about listing phantoms on eBay. Looks like it's bad news.
Honestly that info sounds like bullshit to me. What do they mean by two people logged onto an account at the same time. Phantom downloads the game, activates the license and never touches the account again. Also "servers detected number of consoles connected to one account", there is only one console connected/activated on one account, the whole thing is about tricking your console to not realize that it's no longer primary.

If this really is a move by Sony to stop gamesharing then I'm pretty sure I know what they changed in the last update. Simply now whenever you connect your PS4 to the internet, every profile on your system with a PSN account attached to it connects to PS servers in the background and verifies whether your console ID is the one currently listed as primary. If it isn't your license is deactivated and the lovely padlocks appears over all your phantoms.

It is very saddening, but something as simple as that is all they had to do to put an end to this method of gamesharing.

Might be a stupid idea but I don't understand how can Sony know if you are a phantom or not if you change the email from the phantom account.

If it does indeed a server check on the account every few & then (not even looking for the password), then changing the email address of the PSN account that the phantom is from should prevent Sony from checking the account and see if you are a phantom or not.

Or, maybe they automatically disable the phantom if they can't "log in" to the account (and thus changing the email and/or password would disable it).

Has anyone tried changing the email and still got deactivated anyway ?
It doesn't work like that from the "admin's" side. What it assigned to a profile is not email and/or password, but the ID of a PSN account. While you have to type in these details to log into the account, the console simply checks the ID of the account, looks it up on the server and then compares the ID of the console listed as primary and the ID of your system. If they don't match, shit happens.

Well that is of course, unless Sony has outsourced all its networking/server management jobs to lifeforms on Mars, which wouldn't surprise me nearly as much as it should.

For Sale (All are resells, there are no locked slot users, and for cross-buy games, the other owners are phantoms, meaning you will be the only owner of the account):

Edit: (In this case) Buyers should be changing all info associated with the accounts when they receive them.

PS4:
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - $30 (pending)
Bound by Flame Resell - $10
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare + Season Pass - $40 (pending)
Child of Light [UK] Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell (Has 2 PS3 resells as well) - $25
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition - $20
DmC: Definitive Edition - $23
Dying Light + Season Pass - $35
Entwined Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Far Cry 4 + Season Pass - $30
Injustice Ultimate Edition (includes PS3 Resells) - $8
Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass - $20
Metro Redux - $20
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor + Season Pass - $25
Rayman Legends - $10
Resident Evil HD - $10
Saints Row IV Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell - $20
Thief Resell - $10

PS3 (All are resells)
Dark Souls II + all crown DLC Resell - $12
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell - $10
Dishonored + all trophy DLC Resell - $3
Final Fantasy 13-2 Resell - $3
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII + Cloud DLC + Japanese VO Resell - $7
Resident Evil 4 HD + DmC + Vergil's Downfall + Costume pack + Puppeteer + Fatal Frame - $5
South Park: The Stick of Truth Resell - $5

I'm open to offers if they are reasonable.

Honestly that info sounds like bullshit to me. What do they mean by two people logged onto an account at the same time. Phantom downloads the game, activates the license and never touches the account again. Also "servers detected number of consoles connected to one account", there is only one console connected/activated on one account, the whole thing is about tricking your console to not realize that it's no longer primary.

If this really is a move by Sony to stop gamesharing then I'm pretty sure I know what they changed in the last update. Simply now whenever you connect your PS4 to the internet, every profile on your system with a PSN account attached to it connects to PS servers in the background and verifies whether your console ID is the one currently listed as primary. If it isn't your license is deactivated and the lovely padlocks appears over all your phantoms.

It is very saddening, but something as simple as that is all they had to do to put an end to this method of gamesharing.
If this was the case, everyone should have lost their phantoms by now. I've done almost everything people have speculated on (played online, have auto upload turned on, earning trophies/synching trophies) and still have phantom access as of right now.

Looking for a resell of The Last of Us on PS4 ASAP!!

Lost my only phantom today(^). Instead of going to rest mode when I fell asleep, my console turned off completely for some reason. Upon turning it back on, it prompted a system check or whatever and told me never unplug the power cable, yada, yada. And now no phantom. My friend and I both gave our Borderlands phantom to another friend and have played (all four of us) at the same time in the same game for about a week now, for what thats worth.

Does anybody have Borderlands TPS season pass for PS3 for rent?
I got you if you still need this.

If this was the case, everyone should have lost their phantoms by now. I've done almost everything people have speculated on (played online, have auto upload turned on, earning trophies/synching trophies) and still have phantom access as of right now.
I have done pretty much everything too and phantoms still work fine...

If there are people saying that they got some phantoms locked but not all of them it means the problem is somewhere in the accounts and not on the console.... either that or Sony is really manually deactivating, which seems stupid because why paying someone to do something when you set a machine to do the same thing xD

Lost my only phantom today(^). Instead of going to rest mode when I fell asleep, my console turned off completely for some reason. Upon turning it back on, it prompted a system check or whatever and told me never unplug the power cable, yada, yada. And now no phantom. My friend and I both gave our Borderlands phantom to another friend and have played (all four of us) at the same time in the same game for about a week now, for what thats worth.
That happened to me last night too (console getting shut off for no reason) and I couldn't figure out why it happened. I've been leaving my console in rest mode with the internet off to charge things but last night it was off for some reason, and there wasn't any sort of power loss at my house. I got the same system check but all my stuff is still good.

I haven't gotten a lock on either of my consoles. My RL friend who has 12 phantoms has gotten none either. We're either lucky or haven't been hit by it yet.

There could possibly still be a manual part involved in the process to test the system before they make it fully automatic. This way they can make sure they don't just deactivate half of the legit licenses. Also it could be the accounts having problem connecting with the server. We all know that network features on PS4 don't always work perfect. Often times I get padlocks over my resell games when I log onto my main and then they disappear after a while. Actually for some people phantoms got locked when a notification appeared about an update being downloaded. You mentioned trophies and playing online, however trophies are connected to your main and multiplayer is handled by the game's servers, not Sony. Downloading an update though, is handled entirely by PS servers and possibly by the phantom account as well.

I'm not trying to say I'm sure this is what happened, but I think that the combination of the two things I mentioned above is a likely and more reasonable answer than the one in the post quoted by MiaFLsurf

H
Fifa 2015 + pvz garden warfare + tales from borderlands ep1 ps4 resell

W
25 amazon gc

H
Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed ps4 resell
W
25 amazon gc

There could possibly still be a manual part involved in the process to test the system before they make it fully automatic. This way they can make sure they don't just deactivate half of the legit licenses. Also it could be the accounts having problem connecting with the server. We all know that network features on PS4 don't always work perfect. Often times I get padlocks over my resell games when I log onto my main and then they disappear after a while. Actually for some people phantoms got locked when a notification appeared about an update being downloaded. You mentioned trophies and playing online, however trophies are connected to your main and multiplayer is handled by the game's servers, not Sony. Downloading an update though, is handled entirely by PS servers and possibly by the phantom account as well.

I'm not trying to say I'm sure this is what happened, but I think that the combination of the two things I mentioned above is a likely and more reasonable answer than the one in the post quoted by MiaFLsurf
There is no such thing as legit licenses, the system was not made so you would deactivate your account on the website to put the same games on two consoles if you had them, but rater allowing to recover all your licenses in case some malfuction happened to your PS4 and you had to switch to a new console with out being able to deactivate your account in the old one, this way you can set your new PS4 to be the primary system of your account.

One thing that could be really helpful would be to know how much time passed for everyone that got their phantoms locked since they installed update 2.5 to that moment... We may be blaming the update and the problem may be somewhere else

There is no such thing as legit licenses, the system was not made so you would deactivate your account on the website to put the same games on two consoles if you had them, but rater allowing to recover all your licenses in case some malfuction happened to your PS4 and you had to switch to a new console with out being able to deactivate your account in the old one, this way you can set your new PS4 to be the primary system of your account.

One thing that could be really helpful would be to know how much time passed for everyone that got their phantoms locked since they installed update 2.5 to that moment... We may be blaming the update and the problem may be somewhere else
That's not what I meant. I was talking about your game suddenly stopping in the middle of a Bloodborne boss fight and a padlock appearing over its' icon in the dashboard. You would have to either wait for your system to automatically recheck the license or perform the license restore from the settings menu.

Sony should have just removed the ability to deactivate remotely from qrocity, problem solved.

Also Snakey is doing just fine, he's been playing review copies of games he's buying off Deidara.

It doesn't work like that from the "admin's" side. What it assigned to a profile is not email and/or password, but the ID of a PSN account. While you have to type in these details to log into the account, the console simply checks the ID of the account, looks it up on the server and then compares the ID of the console listed as primary and the ID of your system. If they don't match, shit happens.
I see what you mean, but on PS3/PSP at least -and from what I saw it didn't change on PS4-, it sends account email + password to the activation server to activate/deactivate.

Also, blocking the DRM server on the router should block Sony from doing shit, although you would need to unblock it every time you wanna activate/deactivate an account.... (unless they automatically lock every account that can't connect to it every now and then when logged to PSN... that's a possibility if they are smart :))

Don't think that has any bearing on it. There's been people who had old af phantoms lock, and people who had ones they made after the update lock, then there's people like me who installed the firmware as soon as it was available who haven't had anything lock.

I see what you mean, but on PS3/PSP at least -and from what I saw it didn't change on PS4-, it sends account email + password to the activation server to activate/deactivate.

Also, blocking the DRM server on the router should block Sony from doing shit, although you would need to unblock it every time you wanna activate/deactivate an account.... (unless they automatically lock every account that can't connect to it every now and then when logged to PSN... that's a possibility if they are smart :))
I see, but shouldn't changing the password be enough then?

The problem with blocking the DRM server is, as you mentioned, that you have to unblock it every time you want to activate a new account, so you would be unable to add new phantoms without the others verifying their licenses. Also chances are that you would be unable to sign into your PSN account with the DRM server blocked, so this solution would be pretty much the same as just disconnecting your system from the internet for however long you want to keep your phantoms.

I really hope this is just a glitch. I really like the community of people here and especially saving some cash on games. I might as well get gamefly back if rentals go above $5.00

Might be about to lose my Phantoms. Playing one currently (Alien ISO) and my PS4 says I was signed out of the network and online features were unavailable. When testing my connection through ps4, it fails at obtaining an ip address. I restarted the PS4 and get the same thing. When I try to just connect to ps store it says cannot connect to server. If I try to check trophies it mentions my Dns settings.

I'll follow up when I regain connectivity. Right now I still have access.

Any reputable trusted vets want to join the largest PS4 club library around? Looking for an additional trusted vet that will contribute a bit of time lending out the existing shares to existing members.

EDIT: Looks like the spot is being filled. Membership is closed for now...
All of this phantom locking shows why the group that I started is still one of the best choices in gaming. We didn't lose a single game, still have everything that was available since launch, and have a huge core of gamers that love what we do.

Currently we are working out how to handle an new group of users being added. Currently membership is closed but it will probably open soon. Send a message to Mystique and he can start a group thread to explain the group to everyone.

Also, HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I haven't been on here in a while, hopefully someone still remembers that I was a part of this community. I'm not quite an OG like raiborg, steamboat, clone and others but I do see some people her that I don't know. Hello to all the new peeps and what's up to my old crew. I would say how the hell are you but by reading through the last few pages of the thread it seems that some people are pretty salty about losing their phantoms. I really do feel bad that this happened. I haven't had any phantoms lock on my console but I barely play either so who the hell knows.

Peace out everyone. I will talk to you soon.

Since Battlefield DLC is cross buy, I am looking to join up with a PS3 user and purchase Premium for Battlefield:Hardline. It will be a 50/50 split with no type of phantom involvement. I will be taking the PS4 slot. Join if you are interested!

Battlefield: Hardline Premium (U.S.)

PS4 Resell $25
1. fmills15

PS3 Resell $25
2._______

All of this phantom locking shows why the group that I started is still one of the best choices in gaming. We didn't lose a single game, still have everything that was available since launch, and have a huge core of gamers that love what we do.

Currently we are working out how to handle an new group of users being added. Currently membership is closed but it will probably open soon. Send a message to Mystique and he can start a group thread to explain the group to everyone.

Also, HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I haven't been on here in a while, hopefully someone still remembers that I was a part of this community. I'm not quite an OG like raiborg, steamboat, clone and others but I do see some people her that I don't know. Hello to all the new peeps and what's up to my old crew. I would say how the hell are you but by reading through the last few pages of the thread it seems that some people are pretty salty about losing their phantoms. I really do feel bad that this happened. I haven't had any phantoms lock on my console but I barely play either so who the hell knows.

Peace out everyone. I will talk to you soon.
Boosted welcome back you son of a corn how you been???

bread's done
Back