CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright then Linkin, PM us your paypal address and the amount of cash. Now whos up for novastrike and commando 3 (the PS3 version is a week early)

I'm curious to know how exactly the gamesharing is being done by you guys. (I'm totally new to the idea but very interested.)

Is one person paying with their card and then everyone else sends them money through paypal or is it something else?

[quote name='Kanik']I'm curious to know how exactly the gamesharing is being done by you guys. (I'm totally new to the idea but very interested.)

Is one person paying with their card and then everyone else sends them money through paypal or is it something else?[/QUOTE]

For one-time transactions, this is what usually happens.

You can also each input your CC and add a set amount to an account (make sure to delete CC info. after). This works for transactions that are round (e.g. each person in a 5-member group deposits $10 for the necessary $50) or long-term (e.g. Rock Band DLC).

For more details, check out this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174669

[quote name='evergoo']For one-time transactions, this is what usually happens.

You can also each input your CC and add a set amount to an account (make sure to delete CC info. after). This works for transactions that are round (e.g. each person in a 5-member group deposits $10 for the necessary $50) or long-term (e.g. Rock Band DLC).

For more details, check out this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174669[/quote]

Thanks! :D

[quote name='Maynard']alright well if your giving him lemmings

I'm starting a group PM me in you want in

Pain
Everyday Shooter

Let me know if you want in. I'm thinking about also doing flOw but let me know.

Alright we got 3 total

4 people need ONE more!
Linkinprime
miyamotofreak
striker199
Maynard[/quote]

How about we replace Everyday Shooter with Novastrike?
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qp49v8doHX8[/MEDIA]

I'm still interested in PAIN. Do you still need one more...I might be interested in Everyday Shooter, but would prefer something different ;) ....$4 buy in, correct?

btw, Linkin....I like the Avatar.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How about we replace Everyday Shooter with Novastrike?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qp49v8doHX8[/quote]

If we have 5 guys why no just add it it will only add a couple bucks.

Can we all confirm that we're ready to go and confirm the games?

Everyday Shooter
Pain
Novastrike (possibly)

Linkinprime
miyamotofreak
striker199
Maynard
Doubledown

I'm not sure if this is the place to post, because I'm not interested in joining any group, but I have PAIN and Crash Bandicoot: Warped, and we'll trade either one for High Velocity Bowling, High Stakes Poker, or Go! Sports Skydiving.

Are games acquired through sharing fully functional? for example can two people from the group play online at the same time?

If so, I would be interested in doing this with any other new (or old) PS3 owners out there (I assume there are a lot of us).

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Linkin, any update on PAIN/everyday?[/quote]

I think I may drop out.

I don't really care for Everyday Shooter...saw youtube videos...meh.

I only really want PJM, Lemmings, and Pain at the moment... I may start a new group not sure yet.

----

Question to those who have GameShared:

Can you buy content with your previously gameshared account and share it to 4 new users. I know that they won't have access to the previously shared/maxed out content but just wondering if I can re-use one account to do all this.

If so, I can start with one game at a time and go from there.

[quote name='Kanik']Any groups with an opening or any groups starting? I don't have any PSN games yet...but I've got money. :p[/quote]

Keep checking this thread. There haven't been any new groups of people sharing in a while. The tendancy has been to just do a one time group for certain games. There are 2 gameshare groups going right now and both are maxed out. There are also 2 rockband groups going but one of those does have an opening ....

[quote name='happy']Are games acquired through sharing fully functional? for example can two people from the group play online at the same time?

If so, I would be interested in doing this with any other new (or old) PS3 owners out there (I assume there are a lot of us).[/quote]

Games are fully functional and working, even online modes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Question to those who have GameShared:

Can you buy content with your previously gameshared account and share it to 4 new users. I know that they won't have access to the previously shared/maxed out content but just wondering if I can re-use one account to do all this.

If so, I can start with one game at a time and go from there. [/quote]

Not sure what you mean. If you share your account with 4 people, then that account is maxed out. You can give the account details to someone else but they won't be able to access it. Furthermore the original 4 will always have access to stuff you buy (change your account password to block this). To share with new people you need to create a new user.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Not sure what you mean. If you share your account with 4 people, then that account is maxed out. You can give the account details to someone else but they won't be able to access it. Furthermore the original 4 will always have access to stuff you buy (change your account password to block this). To share with new people you need to create a new user.[/quote]

I think you just answered my question. I was planning on changing the PW to block the other 4 off, then use the same account to give 4 new users access to new games that I'll be buying. So I can keep using the same account then right?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think I may drop out.

I don't really care for Everyday Shooter...saw youtube videos...meh.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, count me out for Pain also, sorry guys

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think you just answered my question. I was planning on changing the PW to block the other 4 off, then use the same account to give 4 new users access to new games that I'll be buying. So I can keep using the same account then right?[/quote]

Doesn't work like that. Only 4 others can ever access the account. Just because you block the initial 4 it doesn't mean you can just add a new 4. If you give your account info to 4 new people they will not be able to access it, period. You'll need to start a new account to share with new people.

That's why I chose the 1 group method. You might not get everything you want (although I have) but you don't waste any of your 'account shares' and if the others are decent people you can usually work something out.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Doesn't work like that. Only 4 others can ever access the account. Just because you block the initial 4 it doesn't mean you can just add a new 4. If you give your account info to 4 new people they will not be able to access it, period. You'll need to start a new account to share with new people.

That's why I chose the 1 group method. You might not get everything you want (although I have) but you don't waste any of your 'account shares' and if the others are decent people you can usually work something out.[/quote]

Hmm...alright then. How many accounts can you create/save on the PS3?

I'll start the Pain one tonight hopefully.

Pain only:

Striker199
doubledown

...2 more slots.

Also, are the gameshare games tied to the alternate account or the actual login?
I asked before, but it seems odd.

For example, if I share with Linkin and he gives me his info. I create my GameShareUser account and then it will have Linkin's info. Now, if I trade with CheapyD can I just input HIS info in my GameShareUser account or do I have to create GameShareUser2? (I thought you could only have 5 accounts, that is why I ask).

You can create as many 'users' as needed.

In your case doubledown, if you delete linkins details and sub in cheapys then you lose linkins stuff. You'd need 2 users one for each. But once the games are installed they can be accessed from your primary account so it's not like you have to log in and out each time you play.

Tell you what though guys, if you plan to make new account for every new game, it'll get tiring and old after a while. Don't know if you all remember the sign-up process but doing that several times would suck :censored:.

I need to run a test on my current GS account, I know what you said Stranded but I'm going to change my password, buy Lemmings and see if my friend can access it. It seems pretty lame if they lock the account to 5 users, It would make much more sense to lock the content, not the account.

That's cool. It'd be nice to have a confirmation.

Everyone thought that at the beginning that it was locked to games, but in the process found out that it was locked to accounts.

Good luck guys.

I'm down for Tekken, Bowling, and Super Stardust HD. I only have like 3 bucks in my paypal though, so I'll have to sell a month of live or something.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I'm down for Tekken, Bowling, and Super Stardust HD. I only have like 3 bucks in my paypal though, so I'll have to sell a month of live or something.[/quote]

I have bowling available to download, check pm for details.

[quote name='wtfisthisfob']I have bowling available to download, check pm for details.[/quote]

Have any more shares for bowling? I got money! :D

I wish, but I only can share with the same 4 users I gameshared for another game. I made the mistake thinking shares were tied to games rather than accounts. So if DarthPuma, Mojimbo or Maynard want bowling let me know.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I do. Give me a day or 2 to drum up a couple bucks in paypal. I've only got 3 atm lol.[/quote]
No worries just wanted to see who was interested. :D

[quote name='wtfisthisfob']I wish, but I only can share with the same 4 users I gameshared for another game. I made the mistake thinking shares were tied to games rather than accounts. So if DarthPuma, Mojimbo or Maynard want bowling let me know.[/quote]

Damn...that sucks then. Guess I'll start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back