CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
since lilboo's questions are being answered; I figured maybe I can get some of my gamesharing basics answered.

1) what constitutes an account? here's my example:

I've bought multiple game shares from one person. each trade used the same username but a different e-mail & password each time. I found that I couldn't login using the old username with the new e-mail/pass. I had to rename the old username, add the username again, and attach it to the new e-mail and pass. Is this right? Or is there a different way of doing things if someone changes the e-mail and password for each trade? A followup question would then be, have i then taken 2 of this persons 5 availalble system shares? are they now only available to give that info to 2 other ps3's?

[quote name='langdon_alger']

1) what constitutes an account? here's my example:

[/quote]

An account is a PSN log on. Doesn't matter if you change email/password anything in the download list is still the account so 5 limit on the download list

[quote name='Foo228']huge sigh

we need one more person for the spryo gameshare! ($4.63 after fees)

and a buyer...[/quote]

I'll save the day and buy it. I don't think I'll have time to do it today though.

[quote name='Dammenion']An account is a PSN log on. Doesn't matter if you change email/password anything in the download list is still the account so 5 limit on the download list[/quote]

Yep, and so if it was a single account that just had the email/pass changed then you only took one share slot on the account.

[quote name='Dammenion']An account is a PSN log on. Doesn't matter if you change email/password anything in the download list is still the account so 5 limit on the download list[/QUOTE]

but the download lists were different...which begs the question:

does it matter what I enter in on my machine as the username? the name you select right when the ps3 boots up?

If the download lists were different that means it was two separate accounts, so he made a separate account for each game. It sounds like you changed your old gameshare account to be the new one, so you should check that the last game you gameshared still works...You'll probably have to go back and readd the last account you got from him.

LOL, yeah Brightenme sure does save the day...
Last member of the group and the buyer. !

Can't be bad... ;)
Thanks Brightenme

[quote name='lilboo']jman I am not in a group :(
I also bought a few games already.[/quote]

I've got several games via gameshare, and a few I bought. I'm waiting to see If I can get a gameshare going before I drop 10 on Crash Commando. I bought Solder X, and honestly should have gameshared it instead =/

[quote name='lilboo']I know, I feel kinda silly buying Lumines for $15 :lol:
You have Street Fighter?

Would you want Lumines? :D[/quote]

*hates to say no* Nah I don't want Lumines. I just looked it up. I honestly didn't know what it was.

Wait a sec, I thought the group was for all three spyro games? I only see the original up on the store. I've gotta drop out if it's only for the one, since year of the dragon is the one I really want.

[quote name='jman619']Still interested in Wipeout Hd, and Crash Commando. If anyone wants to start up a gameshare for them. *thinks he is to late*[/QUOTE]

i'm also interested in wipeoutHD. probably in crash commando as well, though it might be easier to do those two games in two separate gameshares. i think most people interested in wipeout already have it. except me and a few other noobs :)

[quote name='brighenne']I'll save the day and buy it. I don't think I'll have time to do it today though.[/quote]

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll start messaging all the people to paypal you.

[quote name='brighenne']Wait a sec, I thought the group was for all three spyro games? I only see the original up on the store. I've gotta drop out if it's only for the one, since year of the dragon is the one I really want.[/quote]

Just saw this...damn, is that really the only one up?

[quote name='jman619']I think we should get something or going for both or those or either one.[/QUOTE]
jman, you get my PM?

and yea, i think two different accounts, one for each game, is probably the way to go. i'm talking out of my ass here since i've never done it, but that's how it seems most people do it.

just a thought.

regardless, i'm down for wipeout, and probably for crash.

Hey Jman I got your PM. I kinda want those games too, but I am not sure right now!

I WOULD like to get the Tekken 5 online bundle..
I wonder if finding enough people would be easy?

..PM me if you want to start a group for Tekken 5 Online. :pray:

[quote name='alucard454']jman, you get my PM?

and yea, i think two different accounts, one for each game, is probably the way to go. i'm talking out of my ass here since i've never done it, but that's how it seems most people do it.

just a thought.

regardless, i'm down for wipeout, and probably for crash.[/quote]

Yeah I got it I was about to reply. I have to leave for the night,but I'll set it up tomorrow. So far its me, and alucard. I hope other people are interested. Let me know boo. I bought tekken 5 dr a long time ago,but I never got the online part :'(

hey guys , im want to join a long term group. i have most psn games but my accounts are maxed so i cant share them . Games I want to buy now include Novastrike, Fatal, Street Fighter Turbo , Lumies, and will want many future PSN releases. PM me if your looking for a member or want to start a group. Thanks

[quote name='alucard454']i'd probably be interested. if someone could do a mockup to see what each share would cost with paypal fees and such, that'd be badass. i would, but 1) i'm lazy, 2) i can't remember how paypal fees work, and 3) i'm possibly just a tad hungover.[/QUOTE]

About $7.12 per person including paypal fees and tax.

That would include the recent MGS level and costume pack, SF costume pack, Festive Costume pack, LocoRoco Costume pack, Animal Costume pack, Kabuki costume, Chimera Costume..

I dont know if I missed anything, all I did was add all the available packs and the individual costumes that are not included in those packs..came out to $33.05 with tax, comes to $6.61 per person + paypal fees..

[quote name='brighenne']Yeah, sorry...can't save the day after all.[/quote]

That's fine.

Just sent pms to everyone I've gameshared with since my brother deleted all of our stuff (including all my gameshares) just to use the new hard drive.

Please send the log-in info again. :whistle2:| I will only take what I messaged you about and initially paid for. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='FlipSide']About $7.12 per person including paypal fees and tax.

That would include the recent MGS level and costume pack, SF costume pack, Festive Costume pack, LocoRoco Costume pack, Animal Costume pack, Kabuki costume, Chimera Costume..

I dont know if I missed anything, all I did was add all the available packs and the individual costumes that are not included in those packs..came out to $33.05 with tax, comes to $6.61 per person + paypal fees..[/QUOTE]
yea, i'm totally down. let me know when you want to start the group, and i'll be all over it.

Alright.

If anyone is interested in ALL Little Big Planet DLC including the recent MGS DLC, pm me. Right now its me and alucard..and maybe xcopy.

Cost is $7.12 per share (If my calculations are correct) paid via Paypal. I'll be the buyer, I'll only buy this if I get 5 people on this gameshare.

Hmm.. I just have a hard time paying for costumes. :(

I know it's kind of old, but if someone starts a Tekken 5 gameshare group.. lemme know :(
I think I know of 2 other people..so..we'd only need like 2 others?

Any groups up for Street Fighter 2 HD? I'm probably a bit late, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I might be willing to trade the stuff I have (mainly LBP costumes, including the Metal Gear, God of War, and Nariko ones), but that's all tied into my primary account, and it seems risky to give someone else that info.

have:

SSHD bundel(game and both expansions) (you can download expansions seperate)
toy home
toy home expansion
lbp loco roco costume pack
lbp street fighter costume pack(all 4)

want:
all warhawk expansions

I have a newb question if someone wouldn't mind answering.

I have several games already purchased under my account name; if I wanted to trade those to someone, can the trade happen, they download, then I change my password to something else to protect my personal information? Will they still have access to the games even though they can't log in to my account?

I never intended on gamesharing, but my thoughts have changed on the matter and now I am in the midst of joining a longterm group. Rather than rebuy the few games I currently have, I was thinking sharing might be a possibility, but I don't want to keep my primary account exposed.

Thanks!

[quote name='Foo228']Yep, they'd still have access as long as you don't delete the file.[/quote]

Well then, since it seems relatively safe to share using my priamry account, anyone interested in trading Street Fighter 2 HD for my LBP costumes? You'd get All Metal Gear stuff (costumes, level pack), Nariko Costume, God of War costumes + stickers, and other misc. free costumes.

[quote name='infinitepez']Well then, since it seems relatively safe to share using my priamry account, anyone interested in trading Street Fighter 2 HD for my LBP costumes? You'd get All Metal Gear stuff (costumes, level pack), Nariko Costume, God of War costumes + stickers, and other misc. free costumes.[/quote] i will trade you sf hd or burnout for savage moon

I would also be interested in SF2THD. id like to gameshare it but if it comes down to a group thing that would be fine. also, im interested in joining a longterm group also (preferably one that doesnt buy rockband/guitar hero tracks etc. seeing as i dont have those games...)

[quote name='lilboo']I'd still like to join a long term gamesharing group :([/quote]

:wave:

I'll join one with you.

:bouncy:

Errr, when I get my dead drive PS3 situation settled that is.

I was going to start a group one was for Wipeout HD, and one was for Crash Commando. The only problem was it consisted of me, and alucard. I sort of need more people before I get it going. This game share thing is hard lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back