Calling All Cars
Flow

Have:
Fat Princess
Burn Zombie Burn
Crash Bandicoot 2
FF7
Battlefield 1943

If anyone is interested, send me a pm. Any messages sent to my psn, will be ignored.

[quote name='JohnyBGood']Hi guys,

Where can I find the gory details about game sharing? I have a million questions that FAQs don't seem to answer. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Games sharing is when you exchange games among fellow psn users. If you and a fellow cag want to trade games, you exchange e-mail addresses and passwords. You log into each others accounts on the other PS3's. After logging in, go to the download section of the Playstation store. Download said games that you agreed to trade and thats it. Each game you have is allowed to be on up to 5 consoles. So when you download a game, it's on 1 console. When you trade, it's on their machine and thus on 2 consoles.

Just be careful when doing this, as some people will find ways to scam you. If you get scammed while do this, Sony is not responsible. Just be careful.

Thanks for the reply.

I know a bit about it, generally, but I'm looking for specific answers. If I've never purchased before, will creating a second User and purchasing games on it make it Master? If yes, how do I make User 1 Master before making a second game sharing account?
Also, I'm from Canada, so I wouldn't be able to share with you fine people (different store/prices), so I am mainly interested in getting details to do this with my brother (and possibly friends). Thank you.

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Games sharing is when you exchange games among fellow psn users. If you and a fellow cag want to trade games, you exchange e-mail addresses and passwords. You log into each others accounts on the other PS3's. After logging in, go to the download section of the Playstation store. Download said games that you agreed to trade and thats it. Each game you have is allowed to be on up to 5 consoles. So when you download a game, it's on 1 console. When you trade, it's on their machine and thus on 2 consoles.

Just be careful when doing this, as some people will find ways to scam you. If you get scammed while do this, Sony is not responsible. Just be careful.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JohnyBGood']Thanks for the reply.

I know a bit about it, generally, but I'm looking for specific answers. If I've never purchased before, will creating a second User and purchasing games on it make it Master? If yes, how do I make User 1 Master before making a second game sharing account?
Also, I'm from Canada, so I wouldn't be able to share with you fine people (different store/prices), so I am mainly interested in getting details to do this with my brother (and possibly friends). Thank you.[/QUOTE]

If you purchase it with your current PSN id, it should be the master account. After trading a game with another user, they need to keep the account on their machine. If they deactivate the account, then the games on their console are unplayable.

[quote name='J Bling Blang']If you purchase it with your current PSN id, it should be the master account. After trading a game with another user, they need to keep the account on their machine. If they deactivate the account, then the games on their console are unplayable.[/QUOTE]

so, the account of the person i get the game from has to stay on the console?

i will have my account, and the other account?

[quote name='J Bling Blang']If you purchase it with your current PSN id, it should be the master account. After trading a game with another user, they need to keep the account on their machine. If they deactivate the account, then the games on their console are unplayable.[/QUOTE]

What I'd like to do is make a User 2 w/ a second PSN account and use that for game sharing in case I need to do so with strangers (so that I'm not giving out my main account password, etc.)

Will the User 2 become master, since I've never purchased anything through User 1?

I'm looking for:

Burnout Cops 'n Robbers pack.

I can offer:

Fat Princess
Rag Doll Kung Fu
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Street Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
Dead Space add-ons.

PM me. :)

I have 1 slot left on Fat princess and pain. I am looking to get MvC2 and any other game I don't have.

Games I have gotten from Gamesharing: (for reference purpose)
- Trash Panic
- Bomberman Ultra
- SF2HDR
- BF1943
- Gun star Heroes
- Droplitz

We're doing a PSOne gameshare account which would include games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VII, and Wild Arms 2, along with other games on PSN and any soon to come out. We'd like 5$ from each person to start us off for the month. Depending on the quality of games, that may just be all we need for now.

01. Rickshankshaw
02. Rickshankshaw
03. Sonichigh

I had no idea about gamesharing. This is probably the most awesome think I've ever heard of.

Also, I have Fat Princess if anyone is interested.

Question about deactivating an account....how do you do it?

Would I have to do it for EACH user? Basicaly, I have like 8 different user account on my PS3 currently (I did a bunch of Gameshares with people). If I plan to move to a slim, what would I have to do to move all my GameShares? Would I deactivate all 8 accounts or just my master account with my "real" information?

Plus, would I deactivate, then do a BACKUP, then a restore onto the new PS3, then reactivate? I believe a backup takes all your user accounts and everything, correct?

[quote name='doubledown']Question about deactivating an account....how do you do it?

Would I have to do it for EACH user? Basicaly, I have like 8 different user account on my PS3 currently (I did a bunch of Gameshares with people). If I plan to move to a slim, what would I have to do to move all my GameShares? Would I deactivate all 8 accounts or just my master account with my "real" information?

Plus, would I deactivate, then do a BACKUP, then a restore onto the new PS3, then reactivate? I believe a backup takes all your user accounts and everything, correct?[/QUOTE]

Last part is correct. You would need to log onto each account go to "Account Management>System activation>PS3 System deactivate' on every account.

Since your doing it on a different console backup utility wont bring over your PSN games or copy protected stuff, so you'll need to re download them anyways. Just starting a download activates a system.

You might want to contact the people you've shared with first in case any of them changed the passwords etc.

My system died a few months ago so I had to go through a similar process on the replacement. Took about 2 days to download everything again, wasn't fun to find out I lost a few games since I didn't keep in touch with everyone I shared with at the time. Not to mention a few 'protected' game saves.

Edit: Also when I did restore on the new system, for some reason my master account was called "User 1" So I had to rename it, but most of my saves were there. All my other account had a name except they came with an astris in front of the name. So instead of Group, Pain it was called *Group, *Pain etc, and none of the account information came with it. So make sure you know the email and passwords for each account first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wipeout HD Group [FULL]
$4.00 per person paypal gift if we can get 5 (20.00/
10.00/6.67/5.00/4.00)

1.ZerotypeX
2.Madcyanist
3.Orntar
4.Cheapass24
spicymchaggis182

Alright, I got the PSN card. PMing everyone in this group with details

Anyone interested in started a cheap Guitar hero group. By small I mean only a few songs per week. I'm already in a rock band group, but with GH5 coming in a few days I thought I'd see who's intersted. My RB group does $5 each a month so $25 worth of DLC and that has worked for us, we dont even use all $25 anyways.

I'm looking for:

Burnout Cops 'n Robbers pack.

I can offer:

Fat Princess
Rag Doll Kung Fu
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Street Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
Dead Space add-ons.

PM me. :)

We're doing a PSOne gameshare account which would include games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VII, and Wild Arms 2, along with other games on PSN and any soon to come out. We'd like 5$ from each person to start us off for the month. Depending on the quality of games, that may just be all we need for now.

01. Rickshankshaw
02. Rickshankshaw
03. Sonichigh
04. 52club
05. DrizzitT

ALL FILLED UP!

NO LONGER Looking for a Person for a Long-Term Share Group

Current Game list:

Elefunk, Lumines Supernova, Comet Crash, Soldner-X:Himmelssturmer
Pixel Junk Monsters, Worms, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of Warlords w/exp,
Ragdoll Kung-Fu:Fists of Plastic

Also: we had discussed the prior 5th Members funds would be used to buy the group:
Super Stardust HD & Soul Calibur IV- Add-on: Yoda, SCIV Add-on Custom Equipment #1

But:

NEW Person will buy in for cost of $20 PSN Card & receive 1 share of each of titles above - AND Get Enchanced Member Abilities (able pick 5 titles of there choice to be put up for vote in addition to what we've discussed above) for more details on group send me PM (serious interests in LTSG please)

[synosis of group: Ideal for someone in a group already, only put in $20 about every 3/4mths, no RB & GH and very limited DLC, Main Focus is PS3 games]

I posted a thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235313

but no one has replied yet, so I figured I'd ask here. I've asked similar questions in the past but have never seen any definitive answers for them, that I can recall. A few questions regarding Gamesharing, both PS3 and PSP:

"Okay, I'm pretty new to the idea of Gamesharing. I know on PS3 you can have the game downloaded up to 5 times. However, I'm unclear--can you download it 5 times (i.e. press "download now" 5 times) or can you load your account onto 5 PS3s, and download it on each of them? (so, if I delete content from my PS3, can I re-download it as many times as I want, as long as it's one of the PS3s activated with the PSN that purchased it?)

Also, do PSP downloadable games follow the same scheme, or is it different/not allowed?

Finally, my last question is somewhat related to the first two. If I have an account on my PS3, but not my PSP, can I download content on that account via PS3 and transfer it to my PSP, despite not having the PSN account linked? So, if I have profiles/accounts A and B on my PS3, but only A on my PSP, can I download PSP content via account B (on the PS3) and transfer it to my PSP that only has account A? (and still access/play it, of course)

Sorry if any of that is complicated. I'm getting a PSP Go, but don't own a PSP at this point. Just wondering about the limitations of Gamesharing, and how it works on PSP."

Thanks in advance,
Tux

Your box is full.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']We're doing a PSOne gameshare account which would include games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VII, and Wild Arms 2, along with other games on PSN and any soon to come out. We'd like 5$ from each person to start us off for the month. Depending on the quality of games, that may just be all we need for now.

01. Rickshankshaw
02. Rickshankshaw
03. Sonichigh
04. 52club
05. DrizzitT

ALL FILLED UP!
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Romis']Still Looking for Person OPEN 5TH spot on a Long-Term Share Group

Current Game list:

Elefunk
Lumines Supernova
Comet Crash
Soldner-X:Himmelssturmer
Pixel Junk Monsters
Worms
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of Warlords w/exp,
Ragdoll Kung-Fu:Fists of Plastic

Also: we had discussed the prior 5th Members funds would be used to buy the group:
Super Stardust HD & Soul Calibur IV- Add-on: Yoda, SCIV Add-on Custom Equipment #1

But:

NEW Person will buy in for cost of $20 PSN Card & receive 1 share of each of titles above - AND Get Enchanced Member Abilities (able pick 5 titles of there choice to be put up for vote in addition to what we've discussed above) for more details on group send me PM (serious interests in LTSG please)

[synosis of group: Ideal for someone in a group already, only put in $20 about every 3/4mths, no RB & GH and very limited DLC, Main Focus is PS3 games] **Note: no offer to buy/trade for any game/s from list, as we are looking for a new group member*[/QUOTE]

Send me a PM

Ok, just need two more for a full Fat Princess + Flower group!

These are two of the best games on PSN, just $5 per person if we get five! I'm also willing to buy the games if we get less than five, as long as there is more than one. :lol: Verified PayPal payment, as "gift" and/or no credit card to avoid fees.

Fat Princess + Flower: $25/$12.50/$8.33/$6.25/$5

1) rgd2blck
2) orntar
3) RandyTsai
4)
5)

[Hopefully we can use this group to buy future multiplayer games like Fat Princess or "artsy" games like Flower, but if you just want this as a one-time-purchase that's ok too.]

Once I get a bigger hard drive I'll definitely be interested in joining/starting some game sharing groups. I don't have anything I can format to Fat32 for the PS3 to recognize, so I have nothing to back up all my data on. Once I overcome that *little* obstacle, I'll be back in business with my 320 gig drive.

[quote name='StillFree']Send me a PM[/QUOTE]

[quote name='equax']Hey, I'm looking for a Game sharing group just send me a PM with all the details.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

sent reply pm's to you both thx

[quote name='ToadStoolPorridge']Once I get a bigger hard drive I'll definitely be interested in joining/starting some game sharing groups. I don't have anything I can format to Fat32 for the PS3 to recognize, so I have nothing to back up all my data on. Once I overcome that *little* obstacle, I'll be back in business with my 320 gig drive.[/QUOTE]

FYI - you might want to check your local Walmart, (ymmv of course) but I found 250gb pssport HD for $50
53606501-125x125-0-0_hard_drives_western_digital_my_passport_essential.jpg
These little handy devils work great :bomb:

I hope I'm not the only one here who feels this way, but I think anyone who offers Rag Doll Kung Fu in exchange for ANYTHING else should be publicly beaten with their own PS3.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']looking for fat princess

can offer - mvc2, rag doll kung fu, lots of little big planet dlc
[/QUOTE]

Can offer Fat Princess for MvC 2. PM me if interested.

[quote name='IRHari']I hope I'm not the only one here who feels this way, but I think anyone who offers Rag Doll Kung Fu in exchange for ANYTHING else should be publicly beaten with their own PS3.[/QUOTE]

well gotta give people the chance to experience life... I mean some people did actually pay for it.. :cool: plus this guy seems to be offering it as like a bonus to MvC2.. just being devils advocate tho.. :evil:

the funny part is when someone only offers 1 of what thye have on an account , they shoudl just list it all cause they're loosing 1 share of everything on that account :whistle2:k

[quote name='IRHari']I hope I'm not the only one here who feels this way, but I think anyone who offers Rag Doll Kung Fu in exchange for ANYTHING else should be publicly beaten with their own PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I agree completely.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']I posted a thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235313

but no one has replied yet, so I figured I'd ask here. I've asked similar questions in the past but have never seen any definitive answers for them, that I can recall. A few questions regarding Gamesharing, both PS3 and PSP:

"Okay, I'm pretty new to the idea of Gamesharing. I know on PS3 you can have the game downloaded up to 5 times. However, I'm unclear--can you download it 5 times (i.e. press "download now" 5 times) or can you load your account onto 5 PS3s, and download it on each of them? (so, if I delete content from my PS3, can I re-download it as many times as I want, as long as it's one of the PS3s activated with the PSN that purchased it?)

[/QUOTE]

unlimited downloads on up to five ps3's per psn account. just like itunes? delete and redownload.

I'm interested in starting a group. I would do either of these (or a mixture thereof):

Fat Princess
Wipeout HD + add on
Ratchet and Clank
$12 each ($60 total)

Stardust HD bundle
Lumines + add on
$7 each ($35 total)

1. Wiinet

So here's the big question. I know this has probably been answered, but couldn't find a definitive answer and want to double check since I think i know the answer. If I do a trade with someone and have that profile on my system. I know i can't delete it, but can I change the username pass on the system to the new username/pass of the next trade and keep the old stuff too so that I don't need to have like 30 different profiles with game trades?

Hey Still have 2 more slots in my Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • Initial deposit will be $20, this will get you all the DLC already released (33) and get you caught up with the current members deposit.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.
PM me if interested or are looking for more details.

Hi,
I'm really desperate to get the Bioshock DLC challenge rooms. (European region)

In return, I can give you the full version of Bomberman Ultra, AND Texas Cheat'em.

We could trade MSN ids and do the trade while chatting to each other, if that makes you feel more secure. Please, I would extremely happy if someone takes me up on this offer. Together, the two games you can download from me are worth a lot more than the cost of what I'm asking for.

Our Fat Princess + Flower group is full!

I'll be buying the games in a few hours and then I'll update this thread and send out PM's.

Fat Princess + Flower: $25/$12.50/$8.33/$6.25/$5

1) rgd2blck
2) orntar
3) RandyTsai
4) equax
5) IRHari

[If someone drops out, I'll update this thread]

[quote name='clockwork-zombie']I am wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a Warhawk, or more specifically an Operation: Fallen Star group.[/QUOTE]
Pm'ed

I have MvC2, Kung fu ragdolls and a couple of others. Looking for fat princess or any other psn game. Feel free to PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back