CAG PSN Gaming Group (Up and running!!)

[quote name='Crimson_Raven25']nothing is up for today right???[/QUOTE]
Whaddya mean nothing?
Check out a bunch of the previous posts, we're having some resistance today for whoever's interested. A couple of us are in and i've been on since this morning

I finished R6V single player last night. So tonight I am up for multiplayer:

R6V, R:FoM, or MotorStorm. I have a headset. I'll be on around 10pm atlantic, or 9 CST.

~Shea M.

Silent Assassin120, I actually just jumped into some random match to play. I was hoping to see more CAG members on, but you were the only one online, for Resistance.

I dunno if I'll be on late tonight. I kind of prefer going to bed around 10-11pm EST.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Silent Assassin120, I actually just jumped into some random match to play. I was hoping to see more CAG members on, but you were the only one online, for Resistance.

I dunno if I'll be on late tonight. I kind of prefer going to bed around 10-11pm EST.[/QUOTE]

I jumped in on that one because I saw you were there. That game sucked though and I had to get offline for a while. One shot kills wtf? That is a bunch of fun :roll: Where were all the Cags at? This why I hate not having a certain time set up since only a few show up and not enough to have a real game of just clan/Cag members. Btw Mana I didn't mean to kill you I wanted to team up but it's kinda hard to tell you when I don't have a headset lol. I couldn't hear what you were saying either because of those two/three people talking non stop over and over. Ahh well I'll be on later tonight around 7:00 P.M Eastern time for awhile to play some more Resistance. If anyone is going to be on PM me a message here or on Psn or something.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I jumped in on that one because I saw you were there. That game sucked though and I had to get offline for a while. One shot kills wtf? That is a bunch of fun :roll: Where were all the Cags at? This why I hate not having a certain time set up since only a few show up and not enough to have a real game of just clan/Cag members. Btw Mana I didn't mean to kill you I wanted to team up but it's kinda hard to tell you when I don't have a headset lol. I couldn't hear what you were saying either because of those two/three people talking non stop over and over. Ahh well I'll be on later tonight around 7:00 P.M Eastern time for awhile to play some more Resistance. If anyone is going to be on PM me a message here or on Psn or something.[/QUOTE]I kind of like one shot kills, only because that's the only chance I have of winning. ;)

Yeah, there were a few annoying people in the game, but I wasn't leaving until the game finished. Yeah, it's difficult to know who you are shooting, so it's cool. I killed you too a few times. I usually don't talk much in online games, so it's usually hard to hear me anyway.

The most difficult part about any online game is getting people together to play. At least CAG is a lot better than another forum I posted at, because absolutely no one would show up when arranging games. :(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I kind of like one shot kills, only because that's the only chance I have of winning. ;)

Yeah, there were a few annoying people in the game, but I wasn't leaving until the game finished. Yeah, it's difficult to know who you are shooting, so it's cool. I killed you too a few times. I usually don't talk much in online games, so it's usually hard to hear me anyway.

The most difficult part about any online game is getting people together to play. At least CAG is a lot better than another forum I posted at, because absolutely no one would show up when arranging games. :([/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, but I just play for fun and winning is only a perk for me. I don't really care if I win or not honestly it's all about having fun. Ha ha I saw that you killed me too and I thought payback is a bitch isn't it. ;) Yeah those dudes would not shut the hell up I was laughing when I finally killed the one that wanted someone to go to the warehouse heh. I never realized it would be so hard to get people together though, but I do agree it seems easier here then at other places. You going to be on later Mana?

I just got my copy of Resistance from Goozex, so mark me down for that. My PSN username is DeskLaser. Also add me for Madden 08 as well, since my Xbox 360 died, I will be getting the PS3 version.

I don't know how often I'll be online (especially after I get Persona 3 next week), but I'd be up for some multi-play with the CAG's

{Madden '08, Marvel UA, Calling All Cars}

[quote name='Chitown021']Is Calling All Cars pretty cool? I was gonna download it but saw it get fairly low scores.[/QUOTE]Other than Gamespot, most scores have been positive. It's a very fun game (single player is not good, but multi-player is great). It's great to play online or with four people, but the online community is somewhat dead unfortunately. :( We at CAG do play together at times.

Calling All Cars is my most played PS3 online game.

seriously, that was hells of fun (that's right I said hells of). That was like my 2nd time playing resistance online since no one I know plays it. Definitely have to get more people on tuesday.

Great fucking game guys and striderzer0 great fucking duel as well my friend. Holy shit I just went to piss I have held it since we started Resistance and fuck lol my kidneys thank me. Awesome game you guys props to striderzer0, Mana, Dallow, Inf, Pity fuck anyone that played with us. That was the most fun I have had online since... ever.

Haha GG you guys
I had fun wiping the floor with all of you :D
j/p :p who won after I left?
I'm gonna be on all night starting right now ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha GG you guys
I'm gonna be on all night starting right now ;)[/QUOTE]

Strider won after you left. Btw what was the name of that first stage you picked? I liked that stage thought it was pretty cool. I need to get a headset though, any clue where to get one/order one for teh cheap?

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Strider won after you left. Btw what was the name of that first stage you picked? I liked that stage thought it was pretty cool. I need to get a headset though, any clue where to get one/order one for teh cheap?[/QUOTE]
Could you describe it? Was it the one out in the open with the gas station?
I'm using a logitech usb headset, it's worked for me for years. Got it at Fry's for $30. If you can wait, Warhawk bundle would be the way to go ;)
That's what I'm waiting on

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Could you describe it? Was it the one out in the open with the gas station?
I'm using a logitech usb headset, it's worked for me for years. Got it at Fry's for $30. If you can wait, Warhawk bundle would be the way to go ;)
That's what I'm waiting on[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it had an open gas station there. I am thinking it was like a bus station or something? I liked it better then the mall, since it seemed more open and not enclosed. I don't think I'll get warhawk but I probably go ahead and get a headset so we can all talk and shit while we're battling. It's just when you and mana left only Strider had a headset and it would of been nice to be able to talk and shit instead of not being able too. Plus if we do team shit a headset is a must to communicate.

I'm gonna be on all night starting right now ;)[/quote]Strider won, and then I won.
I don't know how that happened.

Hey Silent, so you don't have a headset, but how were you able to hear us?

[quote name='dallow']Strider won, and then I won.

Hey Silent, so you don't have a headset, but how were you able to hear us?[/QUOTE]
Voices go through the speakers

[quote name='dallow']That has to be new.
It wasn't like that on launch day right?[/QUOTE]Voices do go through the speakers. On the PS3 accessory settings, you choose if you want the sound output through TV or some device (like a headset).

I have two USB headsets also, but one of them doesn't work too well, while my other one (which works, but not as nice of a headset in general) is needed for Karaoke Revolution. I might have two headsets when I get Warhawk.
I'm gonna be on all night starting right now ;)[/QUOTE]
I went to bed at 10:30pm. :(

Silent Assassin120, if you want a bluetooth headset and don't plan to get Warhawk (or anyone for that matter), the Jabra BT-125 headset (same one that comes with Warhawk) is on sale for $29.99 at Staples this week.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=10051&productId=157209&cmArea=SEARCH

I have the jabra bt125. It works great. Easily best value out there for bt headseats.

I played R6 with a guy last night who had a Blue Ant X3 headset last night. Sounded like he was right next to me, so I would recomend that one two.

Speaking of R6, that was my first time (ever) online with it last night. I love that game. It is not such a twitch shooter like Resistance. Much slower pace, and more tactical. One game I had was a little laggy, but I think that is because my teammate ended up being some guy from Jamaica, living in Japan. Cool guy, I would have liked to have added him as a friend, but we got disconnected, and he did not end up in my 'players met' list.

I'll be on again tonight with either R6 or Resistance. I think you guys had all quit by the time I got on last night. I saw Silent sign off just as I got on.

~S

[quote name='dallow']Strider won, and then I won.

Hey Silent, so you don't have a headset, but how were you able to hear us?[/QUOTE]

I have it set to go through my TV speakers, which I think is a new feature from the Resistance update or just something I have set in my PS3 accessories.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Silent Assassin120, if you want a bluetooth headset and don't plan to get Warhawk (or anyone for that matter), the Jabra BT-125 headset (same one that comes with Warhawk) is on sale for $29.99 at Staples this week.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=10051&productId=157209&cmArea=SEARCH[/QUOTE]

Just call me Silent my friend. ;) Anyway that looks great and I am ordering it now as we umm type. ;)

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I'll be on again tonight with either R6 or Resistance. I think you guys had all quit by the time I got on last night. I saw Silent sign off just as I got on.

~S[/QUOTE]

Yeah myself and Strider were the last two on, and we battled it out for about 30 minutes. After that we said gg and I went to piss finally and then signed off and took a nap lol. If we can get people on again I'll definitely be on sometime around 5:00 PM eastern and on.

Is there going to be some racing game tonight, like the list says?

If there is, I have MotorStorm, F1, Need for Speed Carbon, and Ridge Racer 7. I feel we should all play MotorStorm sometime though (those who have it).
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']
Just call me Silent my friend. ;) Anyway that looks great and I am ordering it now as we umm type. ;) [/quote]Cool, I hope it works out for you. :) Yeah, that was a lot of fun online Silent. When you get your headset, you can chat with me and hear my crappy, annoying sound voice. :(

I don't have a racing game. Racing game owners can congregate in here. I have a feeling this might turn into a Resistance every night thing at least until Warhawk comes out.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I don't have a racing game. Racing game owners can congregate in here. I have a feeling this might turn into a Resistance every night thing at least until Warhawk comes out.
[/QUOTE]Well, when Tekken 5 DR comes out online, that should help. Also, CAG Members have played Calling All Cars online the last two weeks on Monday.

I'll probably just jump into some MotorStorm online match tonight.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, when Tekken 5 DR comes out online, that should help. Also, CAG Members have played Calling All Cars online the last two weeks on Monday.[/quote]

QFT.

Calling All Cars sounds interesting....I may have to give it a download tomorrow and participate in the Monday festivities till T5DR makes its appearance.

Btw, if we play MotorStorm sometime, I recommend we use the US Central server or something (the non-busy one), so hopefully it will just mostly be CAG Members playing.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'] Yeah, that was a lot of fun online Silent. When you get your headset, you can chat with me and hear my crappy, annoying sound voice. :([/QUOTE]

Agreed man it was a blast glad to have been a part of it. Actually your voice sounds a lot like my best friends voice, so it isn't annoying to me lol. I had to hear I got you Silent Assassin a couple of times. ;) Next time you can just say I got you Silent.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I don't have a racing game. Racing game owners can congregate in here. I have a feeling this might turn into a Resistance every night thing at least until Warhawk comes out.
[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will turn into a Resistance every night thing since noone played Resistance tonight besides myself and that is just because I don't like racing games.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, when Tekken 5 DR comes out online, that should help. Also, CAG Members have played Calling All Cars online the last two weeks on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah which should be this week, and I'll definitely be playing that a lot online.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I doubt it will turn into a Resistance every night thing since noone played Resistance tonight besides myself and that is just because I don't like racing games.[/QUOTE]
We musta missed each other cuz I was on earlier

[quote name='Inf^Shini']We musta missed each other cuz I was on earlier[/QUOTE]

I saw you sign onto Psn but it didn't show what game you were playing. I messaged you about getting a game of Resistance going, since you and Mana signed on at the same time, but neither of you replied and he started NGS. That was right after I just got done playing it though so I probably only waited for like 3 minutes for a reply then I just signed off.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I saw you sign onto Psn but it didn't show what game you were playing. I messaged you about getting a game of Resistance going, since you and Mana signed on at the same time, but neither of you replied and he started NGS. That was right after I just got done playing it though so I probably only waited for like 3 minutes for a reply then I just signed off.[/QUOTE]I didn't receive a message, unless you tried sending me a message within the Resistance game (not the XMB friends list).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I didn't receive a message, unless you tried sending me a message within the Resistance game (not the XMB friends list).[/quote]

Same here, I didn't get a message in either XMB or Resistance :/

Wtf you guys serious? I am almost positive I sent it right to both of you in XMB. Ahh well hmm I'll look later and see if they are in my sent folder, if not maybe I rushed it or something.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Wtf you guys serious? I am almost positive I sent it right to both of you in XMB. Ahh well hmm I'll look later and see if they are in my sent folder, if not maybe I rushed it or something.[/quote]

It's cool man. Live to game another day :p...aside from other things :mrgreen:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']It's cool man. Live to game another day :p...aside from other things :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha I think I know what you mean, (Thats what she said) ;) . I checked and their isn't anything in there so I guess I didn't send it right ha ha oh well. Btw man you are a lot better at the game then I thought you would be, what are your weapons of choice? I need to get better at the game and I mostly use the Carbine, but I have been told there are a lot better weapons if you are able to master them. I'm pretty good with the Sniper gun if I can find a place to set and get a decent view, and also the bullseye. Those are usually my three weapons of choice.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Ha ha I think I know what you mean, (Thats what she said) ;) . I checked and their isn't anything in there so I guess I didn't send it right ha ha oh well. Btw man you are a lot better at the game then I thought you would be, what are your weapons of choice? I need to get better at the game and I mostly use the Carbine, but I have been told there are a lot better weapons if you are able to master them. I'm pretty good with the Sniper gun if I can find a place to set and get a decent view, and also the bullseye. Those are usually my three weapons of choice.[/quote] Thanks dude.

For me, it's a toss-up between the shotty and sniper. Obviously it depends on the distance I'm fighting people at. I'm still trying to master the sniper when strafing/moving. I'd up my sensitivity, but then my accuracy for the rest of the weapons goes down a notch :/

Carbine works better on groups than bullseye for me, since I like to tag people when I can with the bullseye one on one. I'm still working on taking someone out in less than 15 shots with the carbine, since they take me out in 5-10 :/

LARK is obvious if I'm getting overun, but do you know the trick of the LARK? When you hit the air brake, hold it down and hold down the fire button, it starts spitting out small missles all over the area, it's real useful, especially in campaign mode against stalkers and all the other big/strong/tough enemies since it only takes one missle to take care of them. Also don't forget you can redirect it in the air when you hit the air brake.

What I get annoyed with is melee fights. For some damn reason I end up having to melee 3 times more than twice, and the other person just nails me in two hits. One time I was able to take three hits, but I don't know what happened there.

Basically I get the practice from playing the actual game, right now I'm going through Superhuman difficulty.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Ha ha I think I know what you mean, (Thats what she said) ;) . I checked and their isn't anything in there so I guess I didn't send it right ha ha oh well. Btw man you are a lot better at the game then I thought you would be, what are your weapons of choice? I need to get better at the game and I mostly use the Carbine, but I have been told there are a lot better weapons if you are able to master them. I'm pretty good with the Sniper gun if I can find a place to set and get a decent view, and also the bullseye. Those are usually my three weapons of choice.[/QUOTE]Shini is awesome at Resistance. :)

I'm honestly the worst gamer at FPS ever. I haven't been playing many over the years though (only FPS I ever completed the single player before was the original Halo on Xbox). I'm not to shoot too much and not take enough cover.:(

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Thanks dude.

For me, it's a toss-up between the shotty and sniper. Obviously it depends on the distance I'm fighting people at. I'm still trying to master the sniper when strafing/moving. I'd up my sensitivity, but then my accuracy for the rest of the weapons goes down a notch :/

Carbine works better on groups than bullseye for me, since I like to tag people when I can with the bullseye one on one. I'm still working on taking someone out in less than 15 shots with the carbine, since they take me out in 5-10 :/

LARK is obvious if I'm getting overun, but do you know the trick of the LARK? When you hit the air brake, hold it down and hold down the fire button, it starts spitting out small missles all over the area, it's real useful, especially in campaign mode against stalkers and all the other big/strong/tough enemies since it only takes one missle to take care of them. Also don't forget you can redirect it in the air when you hit the air brake.

What I get annoyed with is melee fights. For some damn reason I end up having to melee 3 times more than twice, and the other person just nails me in two hits. One time I was able to take three hits, but I don't know what happened there.

Basically I get the practice from playing the actual game, right now I'm going through Superhuman difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips man, I am usually pretty okay at the melee stuff as long as I don't lose the person lol. I like the shot gun as well, especially double barrel to teh face FTW. ;) I still haven't even finished the main game yet, I am about half way through I'd say. That difficulty level sounds fucking insane though. :whistle2:s

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Shini is awesome at Resistance. :)

I'm honestly the worst gamer at FPS ever. I haven't been playing many over the years though (only FPS I ever completed the single player before was the original Halo on Xbox). I'm not to shoot too much and not take enough cover.:([/QUOTE]

I really didn't think you were that bad man. You just need some more play time like myself, we need to train together. ;)

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm at work trying to get home... I don't care what we play... I'm ready to get online and get some gametime in.[/QUOTE]

I might be able to play some Resistance in about 35 or so minutes.

I no longer have Resistance. I put the Resistance money towards my Bioshock preorder. I figured I would play Warhawk more when it comes out and it will only cost me $8.

bread's done
Back