CAG PSN Gaming Group [ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Nice update of the thread Mana... I like the link to your name, except it will be hard for someone to find someone else to play with, you'd need to check everyone's name. But still good update.[/quote]
A possible fix for this would be to have a key with games and their abbreviations and put abbreviations next to the person's name. Then you could underline their favorite game. That way a quick search could find who has what games... though it would make it a bit more time consuming for TMK to keep things updated, and sort of defeat the purpose of using links...

Make it like this, or more polished. This would be a lot better if there were a way to get BBC to keep whitespace without using
Code:

CoD4 = Call of Duty 4
TF = Team Fortress
RSV = Rainbow Six: Vegas
GRAW2 = Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 2
War = Warhawk
CaC = Calling All Cars
NCF08 = NCAA Football 08
MoStm = Motorstorm
TDR = Tekken Dark Ressurection
PF = Puzzle Fighter[LIST]
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4073413&postcount=233"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]alexi_666[/B]     alexi_666 :: [U]CoD4[/U] TF
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3303429&postcount=76"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]alienaub[/B]        alienaub :: RSV GRAW2 [U]War[/U] CaC NCF08
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4109220&postcount=239"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]Arakai[/B]    Arakai :: War [U]CoD4[/U] RFM MoStm
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3758864&postcount=161"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]bmd21    [/B]    Nineswords :: [U]TDR[/U] CaC PF[/LIST]

[quote name='mguiddy']A possible fix for this would be to have a key with games and their abbreviations and put abbreviations next to the person's name. Then you could underline their favorite game. That way a quick search could find who has what games... though it would make it a bit more time consuming for TMK to keep things updated, and sort of defeat the purpose of using links...

Make it like this, or more polished. This would be a lot better if there were a way to get BBC to keep whitespace without using
Code:

CoD4 = Call of Duty 4
TF = Team Fortress
War = Warhawk
CaC = Calling All Cars
NCF08 = NCAA Football 08
MoStm = Motorstorm
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4073413&postcount=233"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]alexi_666[/B]     alexi_666 :: [U]CoD4[/U] TF
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3303429&postcount=76"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]alienaub[/B]        alienaub :: RSV GRAW2 [U]War[/U] CaC NCF08
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4109220&postcount=239"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]Arakai[/B]    Arakai :: War [U]CoD4[/U] RFM MoStm
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3758864&postcount=161"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]bmd21    [/B]    Nineswords :: [U]TDR[/U] CaC PF[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would be very useful, but a lot of work for mana.

I'm underlined, but my profile is up to date - I have no new multi-player games. If you want to save space / maintain relevancy, you can delete me. I haven't attempted to play online since the first days of this thread.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Yeah, that would be very useful, but a lot of work for mana.[/quote]
Maybe TMK could make that a new question "Please list the games you have using the abbreviation list" maybe even add "in order of preference." Then it would be a simple cut and paste.

[quote name='mguiddy']A possible fix for this would be to have a key with games and their abbreviations and put abbreviations next to the person's name. Then you could underline their favorite game. That way a quick search could find who has what games... though it would make it a bit more time consuming for TMK to keep things updated, and sort of defeat the purpose of using links...

Code:

CoD4 = Call of Duty 4
TF = Team Fortress
War = Warhawk
CaC = Calling All Cars
NCF08 = NCAA Football 08
MoStm = Motorstorm
[*][URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3758864&postcount=161"]:ps3:[/URL] [B]bmd21    [/B]    Nineswords :: [U]TDR[/U] CaC PF[/LIST][/QUOTE]I'm not even going to do that unfortunately because some (like me), own WAY too many games.  You don't want to imagine how much time it took to overhaul this thread today. :-(

For Vegas 2, I will look into some schedules and see what night works out the best.  If only primetime lists he has Vegas 2 in this thread, then he gets priority.  The only problem about Vegas 2 is that I cannot send PMs reminding people, most I can do is link to some thread and mention it in the schedule within this thread.

Also, as some of you can see, I added info on some games, letting people know the administrator of the game (I'll link to their CAG profile soon, so if people need to PM the person, they can easily).  My CoD4 administration is only temporary and I do plan to hand the game off (but I currently have a few in mind who I will probably hand it too).  Warhawk and HSG will stay with me always, but if a Ratchet game comes online, DDR comes to PS3, Syphon Filter comes to PS3, and a few certain series, I'll administer the game UNLESS I have too big of a load.

EDIT:  I just added links to profiles for administrators.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm not even going to do that unfortunately because some (like me), own WAY too many games. You don't want to imagine how much time it took to overhaul this thread today. :whistle2:(
[/quote]
M'kay. Just throwing ideas out there. It's not that hard to search all the posts in the thread to find people that have a game.

[quote name='mguiddy']Maybe TMK could make that a new question "Please list the games you have using the abbreviation list" maybe even add "in order of preference." Then it would be a simple cut and paste.[/quote]

The biggest advantage of this new format is that Mana no longer has to keep updating the OP, though.

It would be great if there was a tool somewhere where someone could log in, check a bunch of boxes depending on what games they have, and then output an image that Mana could just embed next to their name in the list. Then they could log back in whenever, update their list, and it would just overwrite the old image. But that's a lot of work and sort of a huge hack. If we want to get that sophisticated, somebody's probably already written a similar tool we can adapt and set up on one of those domains Mana registered.

I'm digging the new OP, thanks for all the work MK!

Don't have any suggestions, other then wishing there were some way to just click on a games name and see who all plays it. But, I know that's not a viable option.

If only there were some sort of database, similar to what metaly mentions above, where you just check a box and your PSN shows up under that game's title.

wow amazing work you've done TMK.. as for updating our profiles, how do we go about that so it's not cluttered?

edit.. nevermind, I just realized the links go back to our original post. VERY SMART! COLEGE hahah

[quote name='smiggity']Anyone here play NBA 2k8? If there are a few peeps I would organize a playoff for us..It would be pretty cool.[/QUOTE]I still need to figure out how online works in the game. I have it along with a bunch of other CAG members.

[quote name='metaly']The biggest advantage of this new format is that Mana no longer has to keep updating the OP, though.

It would be great if there was a tool somewhere where someone could log in, check a bunch of boxes depending on what games they have, and then output an image that Mana could just embed next to their name in the list. Then they could log back in whenever, update their list, and it would just overwrite the old image. But that's a lot of work and sort of a huge hack. If we want to get that sophisticated, somebody's probably already written a similar tool we can adapt and set up on one of those domains Mana registered.[/QUOTE]I understand what you mean and if I were programming this forum, I'd include it (since I am big into programming).

Anyway, what I'm thinking about eventually doing is including SOME people's collections (the more regular CAG PSN members) where you click the spoiler tag to reveal it (would avoid clutter too). The annoying thing is I'd have to update everyones again when they buy/get rid of a game, but I rather do this for the loyal members. ;)

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I'm digging the new OP, thanks for all the work MK!

Don't have any suggestions, other then wishing there were some way to just click on a games name and see who all plays it. But, I know that's not a viable option.

If only there were some sort of database, similar to what metaly mentions above, where you just check a box and your PSN shows up under that game's title.[/QUOTE]I'll still think of ways.

maybe a favorite online game, just one. So people could know what game your into. So if someone wants to find someone to play RSV2 with they can find someone...

Here's what I'm thinking:

Thursday = Unreal Tournament 3

Monday or Tuesday = Rainbow Six Vegas 2

It's up to those who play those games to decide, but that's what I'm thinking.

Also, I gave the first post a little update, along with the third post. What I'm thinking about doing is choosing 7 main games in the end (the ones listed now may not be the 7 main games), and then I'll have a list of other games supported. Other games being supported will play every week (but not be a priority), and/or will be played every once in a while. I'll try to search for threads for all games, so people can post in them or something.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Here's what I'm thinking:

Also, I gave the first post a little update, along with the third post. What I'm thinking about doing is choosing 7 main games in the end (the ones listed now may not be the 7 main games), and then I'll have a list of other games supported. Other games being supported will play every week (but not be a priority), and/or will be played every once in a while. I'll try to search for threads for all games, so people can post in them or something.[/quote]

Monday would be a better Vegas night for me, but I'm still not really sure how many PS3 cags play Vegas.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Here's what I'm thinking:

Also, I gave the first post a little update, along with the third post. What I'm thinking about doing is choosing 7 main games in the end (the ones listed now may not be the 7 main games), and then I'll have a list of other games supported. Other games being supported will play every week (but not be a priority), and/or will be played every once in a while. I'll try to search for threads for all games, so people can post in them or something.[/quote]

Isn't thursday BP night?

PSN Name: hone02
CAG Name: hone
Nickname: hone
Headset: Yes
Keyboard: Yes
USB Camera: No
Play Style: Casual, can get competitive
Time Zone: EDT
Days, Time Available: Weekends, but varies during school depending on projects
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, COD4, UT3, Bunrout Paradise, GRAW2, R6V, Army of Two, Eye of Judgement
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: UT3/COD4/Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Quake Wars
Favorite genres to play online: FPS, mostly objective based or pure dueling.

[quote name='hone']Isn't thursday BP night?[/QUOTE]BP is a niche game, where very few play it. I don't plan to ever cancel it, I'm just trying to have other games play alongside it maybe. The reason I chose Thursday because other days are filling up and it's not like Warhawk/CoD4 (where the majority own) and can't overlap those two games. All I really want to do is give people a choice some night, as to rather they want to play X game or Y game (I'm trying to team up games that don't have a lot of conflicts). BP will run as long as people play it, but with 3-6 people only playing it, I just can't leave it alone (because there may be 20+ other CAG members who do not own BP, but would love to play something else in that time slot).

I think Wipeout HD will be the same way, and will probably do the same for it (and I'll probably have to team Hot Shots Golf: OoB with something else).

Maybe, do Wipeout HD, like racing style game during that time slot. I own both, so it's problematic for me if I ahd to pick I guess. I've only been to one BP night since I've picked it up recently. TMK let me know if you need help running UT3 cag night.

Hahaha. I just realized I never posted all my info in this thread, despite participating in Warhawk and CoD4 nights pretty regularly. Oh well, here goes!

PSN Name: Thelonicon
CAG Name: Josh_AnimeBum
Nickname: Con (hopefully everyone can pronounce that)
Keyboard: No
Play Style: Definitely casual
Time Zone: Eastern (stupid Indiana shoud be central)
Days, Time Available: Evenings and weekends (a guy has to work sometime)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, Call of Duty 4, Calling All Cars
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Metal Gear Online
Favorite genres to play online: Whatever interests me.

[quote name='josh_animebum']PSN Name: Thelonicon[/quote]

Dude. How do you pronounce your PSN name? There have been a couple Warhawk games where I wanted to tell you something, but I would have said "hey, look out, uh... icon guy" or something.

[quote name='metaly']Dude. How do you pronounce your PSN name? There have been a couple Warhawk games where I wanted to tell you something, but I would have said "hey, look out, uh... icon guy" or something.[/quote]
What he said.

[quote name='metaly']Dude. How do you pronounce your PSN name? There have been a couple Warhawk games where I wanted to tell you something, but I would have said "hey, look out, uh... icon guy" or something.[/quote]

Haha, so I created the name when I wanted a Transformer-ish sounding name for a TF website I post at. It is a combination of Thelonious with the ever versatile (at least in the TF universe) suffix con. So it would be pronounced like the name Thelonious only with a "con" instead of the "ous." (The name Thelonious was the name of a D&D character I played back when I was in college, and now I have revealed more of my shameful nerdiness to the Internet :whistle2:$).

I hope that makes sense. And now I think I'm going to update my earlier post to say that "Con" is a nice simple to pronounce shortened version people can use during games. ;)

I actually just pronounced your name as "The" "lawn" "A" "Con".

Anyway, I updated the master list. I'm trying to get a word from those who play UT3 and Vegas 2, as to when I should set their games.

[quote name='js1']Nice job on the update Mana![/QUOTE]I'm not sure if I got your new PSN name right, because the your previous entry had another PSN name.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm not sure if I got your new PSN name right, because the your previous entry had another PSN name.[/QUOTE]

I did notice that and I edited my old post with updated info.

In regards to Warhawk...
Perhaps you should add that if you add CAG_Clan to the favorite server list it will match the server name, not the person hosting (or am I wrong...). It's an easy way to find the server on game nights

if you want a separate site, I can look into it maybe during the summer once school let's out. The CAGs who do know me, know that I'm pretty huge into programming. At worst we could just setup a ghetto wiki.

[quote name='mguiddy']In regards to Warhawk...
Perhaps you should add that if you add CAG_Clan to the favorite server list it will match the server name, not the person hosting (or am I wrong...). It's an easy way to find the server on game nights[/QUOTE]
I should use that as my server name, but the reason I don't is because I did forget one time to change it. :whistle2:(

Anyway, I removed GT5P from the list since online turned out different than I thought. Well, looks like the Monday slot is still open, so if anyone wants to play UT3 or Vegas 2 on that day (whichever grabs more interests or what people want to play more), it can fully have that slot. UT3 might have enough people to make it more series (giving it a Monday or Tuesday time slot), and if that's the case, the game just needs an administrator and thread for game nights.

I'm thinking of tossing in NBA 2k8 on Tuesday nights or something, but I still need to see how online works.

This is the first time seeing the remade thread. I really like it, it looks very tidy and I like how you can get info by clicking on the PS3 icon next to whatever username you want. :)

Mana, you really outdid yourself this time. :applause:

Thanks a lot everyone for the kind words. :) I'm definitely going to continue improving this thread and try to make it the best.

All right, I'm posting now because I want to tell everyone how things will be done from now on:
-I will not be handling too many threads anymore of game nights. I plan to just stick to Warhawk and Hot Shots Golf: OoB soon (CoD4 will be handed off, still want to make a final decision as to who will get it) though. I might take on small games or some future ones, but I will not get as involved with updating several threads and handling all Q&As for many games.

-I plan to get multiple administrators, which will head up each game. StrandedBrit will do GTAIV. I do Warhawk and Hot Shots Golf: OoB. notorious_pip will do Tekken 5: DR. hone will probably do UT3, and so on. Previously, I'd just do everything (or almost), but this time I will handle all the central duties in this thread.

-I will help out those who are interested in starting a night for a particular game by posting links in this thread and mentioning it on the schedule. For every game night, I will require the following information to be filled out:
Invite Based
Game Name
Administrator: (Administrators PSN name and link to their CAG profile embedded)
Server Name: (If needed. If invite based, just say private)
Main Day: (What day you play on)
Thread: (link to game night thread)
Special Instructions: (Instructions to those who may not have played before, how to get to the game).

Server based
Game Name
Administrator: (Administrators PSN name and link to their CAG profile embedded)
Clan Leader: (If needed)
Server Name: (If needed)
Password: (If needed)
Main Day: (Main day games play on)
Thread: (Link to game night thread)
Special Instructions: (Instructor those who may not have played how to find you all)
-All Game night threads will be called "CAG (insert game name) Night [ ]" The brackets MUST be used (not parenthesis, braces, and what not). Within the brackets is where the date and time are listed, so those who may not read the thread know when the next game night is. Also, if the game is multiplatform, please put "PS3" right after the name of the game, like "CAG CoD4 PS3 Night []"; however, there's a change I may omit PS3 and just put a PS3 logo in front of the thread instead. Regardless, we do this to eliminate confusion in case the thread appears on the main forum page.

-I will be there to assists administrators get started with game nights (if they have any problems or concerns),

That's all I can think of for now, but if I have anything else important to say, I will let you all know.

Basically, I'm trying to change CAG PSN Gaming just a little where instead of me doing just about every night (and only a few), I will have less to do with the game night threads, but I will try to expand CAG PSN Gaming by having many more game nights by multiple people.

PSN Name: naesowns
CAG Name: naes
Nickname: naes
Play Style:
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: Any time
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty 4, Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Resistance: Fall of Man, Stranglehold
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Call of Duty 4
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: No clue
Favorite genres to play online: FPS

PSN Name: Projekt2501
CAG Name: Projekt2501
Nickname: Nikko (it's my real name)
Keyboard: Yes
USB Camera: Not yet
Play Style: Recreation
Time Zone: Pacific
Days, Time Available: Friday night through Sunday night
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Orange Box, Motorstorm, UT3, COD4, Resistance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Guitar Hero III, R6:V 1 and 2, Warhawk, Eye of Judgement, MGO Beta
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: COD, UT3, and Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Resistance 2 and LBP
Favorite genres to play online: Any except Sports (except Hot Shots)

Unreal Tournament 3 was added to the list of games:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3256553&postcount=3

The game is currently at Monday nights at 9pm EST. The time will be adjusted in the future if needed. hone will be administering it.

Once that is setup and moving, I'll look into assisting getting other games started. If anyone is interested in getting a certain game online (that some CAG members may own), let me know and we'll work something out.

I'm still waiting to see whether there will be a Rock Band night or not.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Unreal Tournament 3 was added to the list of games:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3256553&postcount=3

The game is currently at Monday nights at 9pm EST. The time will be adjusted in the future if needed. hone will be administering it.

Once that is setup and moving, I'll look into assisting getting other games started. If anyone is interested in getting a certain game online (that some CAG members may own), let me know and we'll work something out.

I'm still waiting to see whether there will be a Rock Band night or not.[/quote]

We've kind of hit a stall on Rock Band. The conversation has died down, plus I'm not sure the effort would be worth it given the logistics of only having 4 people at once and having to add people to your friend list to play.

But, never say never!

PSN Name: BreatherOfAir
CAG Name: Funkflexmctough
Nickname: breather?
Headset: Not yet
Keyboard: Not yet
Play Style: Underground
Time Zone:
Eastern
Days, Time Available: unpredictable
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Motorstorm, Warhawk, Condemned 2, & Resistance so far
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Motorstorm
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: GTA 4
Favorite genres to play online: MMOFPS, FPS, Racing, Sports

[quote name='Blackout542']I take it a Rainbow 2 night is D.O.A.?[/QUOTE]Not yet. I only know two major CAG members (You and primtetime) who have it and not many others who do (when checking out the thread), and since I haven't heard much from that thread, not really sure yet. If there's enough interests, it's definitely possible, just need to see if more want to play. I knew for sure UT3 had a decent number of people, but nothing was organized.

PSN Name: Shizim
CAG Name: Shizim
Nickname: N/A
Play Style: Um...... recreation i think
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: 6-9 pm EST
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, Rock Band, COD4, Poker
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (self explanatory)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: MGS4
Favorite genres to play online: Shooter (I am a COD4 superstar)

All right, I'm very pleased to see UT3 finally have a night and doing pretty good.

So now, I'm debating which of these games should I dedicate a night for (or try to push more games for):
Army of Two (I don't think many have it)
MotorStorm (I know a decent number have it, not sure who is interested)
NBA 2k8 (I know a decent number who have it, need to figure out how it works online)
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Figuring out how many have it)
Resistance: Fall of Man (I know a decent number have it, not sure who is interested)
Ridge Racer 7 (Might not have enough people)
Rock Band (4 player games is kind of small, but maybe small get togethers)
The Orange Box (Not sure how many have it)

If I'm forgetting a retail game (I may do PSN games differently) that should be mentioned, let me know asap.

As for future games (I'm looking at April/May), there is:
Haze (Not too sure how many will buy)
Wipeout HD (admin will be Rolento, StrandedBrit, or I probably)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I'm very pleased to see UT3 finally have a night and doing pretty good.

NBA 2k8 (I know a decent number who have it, need to figure out how it works online)

[/quote]

Setting up a league or tournament on NBA 2k8 is super easy. It would be cool if everyone chose a playoff team and we can bracket it like they do in real life.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I'm very pleased to see UT3 finally have a night and doing pretty good.

So now, I'm debating which of these games should I dedicate a night for (or try to push more games for):
Army of Two (I don't think many have it)
MotorStorm (I know a decent number have it, not sure who is interested)
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Figuring out how many have it)
Resistance: Fall of Man (I know a decent number have it, not sure who is interested)
Ridge Racer 7 (Might not have enough people)
Rock Band (4 player games is kind of small, but maybe small get togethers)
The Orange Box (Not sure how many have it)

If I'm forgetting a retail game (I may do PSN games differently) that should be mentioned, let me know asap.

As for future games (I'm looking at April/May), there is:
Haze (Not too sure how many will buy)
Wipeout HD (admin will be Rolento, StrandedBrit, or I probably)[/quote]

I have Army of Two, great coop campaign but multiplayer is limited to 4 people. I don't think it'd be entirely worth it for a CAG night personally. I think most people who had it here sold it like SB. I have it, but am waiting for the DLC and then going to sell it.

Per Orange Box, if enough people have it I'd be interested in admin'ng it probably for TF2. I'd have to pick it up still.

PSN Name: (thedolphinsrule)
CAG Name: (finsfan0210)
Headset: (yes)
Keyboard: (no)
USB Camera: (yes)
Play Style: (Pro)
Time Zone: (EST)
Days, Time Available: (Night)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: (LITTLEBIGPLANET, ROCK BAND 2, BURNOUT PARADISE, UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (BURNOUT PARADISE)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: (RESIDENT EVIL 5)
Favorite genres to play online: (Sports)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='finsfan0210']PSN Name: (thedolphinsrule)
CAG Name: (finsfan0210)
Headset: (No)
Keyboard: (Getting one soon)
USB Camera: (No)
Play Style: (Pro)
Time Zone: (EST)
Days, Time Available: (Night)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: (3)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (NBA 2K8)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: (Metal Gear Online)
Favorite genres to play online: (Sports)[/QUOTE]Excuse me, but for the multi-player games owned, I want to know what the 3 games are. Saying which ones you own are very helpful so we know what everyones owns. :)

I am definitely still interested in Resistance, but I don't think a whole lot of others are. Maybe if we give a lot of notice in advance...

I retired Resistance. I had a good run with it. Rainbow night FTW?? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back