CAG PSN Gaming Group [ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone who has taken a big part of the CAG PSN Gaming, I’m going to take the time to write a message to all of you. I will discuss the past, present, and future. First off, I want to thank everyone who has attended various online games and played with CAGs. I want to thank you all for showing up since CAG PSN Gaming first started.

Previously I set up CAG PSN Gaming since I noticed how CAG had a pretty good number of members, but there really wasn’t any game night organization for PS3 games unlike the 360. Since I had numerous PS3 games, I decided to start having some game nights. Some didn’t do so well, some were a big success. As more and bigger games came to PS3, we started to have more game nights and CAG PSN Gaming really expanded. I was actually very happy to see it expand and do well. One reason I stuck close to CAG PSN Gaming was because I lost many friends due to moving away after high school, or separating after college. Unlike many of those friends who separated, most from CAG PSN Gaming stuck close together, which I liked (many people became good friends with me).

The current situation with CAG PSN Gaming is that while I love playing with you all at times, things are a mess. I’ll be perfectly honest that before, I’d usually get a pretty good amount of sleep. Due to having various game nights late at night, my sleep schedule has been messed with and now I’m struggling to get good enough sleep. Also, hosting many game nights and managing several threads cut into many other things (such as socializing with real friends, although I honestly don’t have many so it isn’t a big issue), somewhat affected the job issue, and other things. The main problem is that when I’m posting on forums a lot, it actually adds stress (partially because various arguments, fights, people giving me a hard time, and so on just builds up stress, as silly as it sounds). Because of many things that have been going on (along with what’s going to be happening in the near future, which I’ve discussed to some about), I tried to greatly scale back my posting and such and just take it easy (you better bet I’ve felt a lot better), although I had other things in the real world to do also keeping me away. After seeing the very low turnout in the last KZ2 night, I decided to future my plans, about now.

Once I got things situated with my life, there’s no denying I was planning to leave all the game night hosting and thread managing. But due to how I think things are going, I’m going to do this sooner or later. The main CAG PSN Gaming threads (this one), will just be forgotten. I really don’t think anyone would be willing to manage several names and several games nights like I just did. This doesn’t mean there won’t be any game nights; all it means is that every game will just be on an individual cases. Like if someone wants a game night for a game, just start a thread and have it whenever they want (if it conflicts with another game, oh well).

As for the game nights, this is what will happen with each I coordinate:
Killzone 2, I was thinking about just merging into one clan, then having someone else take care of it, but I think I’ll just hand the main game night thread to Ecofreak/Phoenix_Azure while the Alpha clan goes to tenchi/techni33. The current people involved with KZ2 can decide what they want to do with the future of CAG KZ2. Let me just say I will STILL coordinate the clan for the Friday and Saturday clan battle. After that, I’m handing it off. I still may be an officer in the clan though, unless I change my mind.

The Burnout Paradise thread will be handed off to ArJay2k8 for now.

CAG MotorStorm: PR will probably just be dissolved (I’ll just play with some of its regulars whenever. Attendance is already very low anyway).

I need someone who is interested, take on the Fat Princess thread, which will probably be used for game nights.

I still lead the Hot Shots Golf: OoB thread, and if someone wants to take it they can; otherwise, I’ll just leave it how it is.

Bomberman ULTRA thread will probably just go to metaly, unless someone else really wants to host game nights for it whenever it comes.

For R2 nights, I will still host the party for Friday, but after that, someone else has to figure it out (I don’t care who).

If I missed any other game night threads, which I haven’t handed over and people want, let me know, and I’ll gladly hand them off. I just want to know who wants to take Fat Princess and such (let me know via PM).

Anyway, I know some liked me, some hated me, I just feel I greatly need to get this off my back. Does this mean I will never play a game with CAGs again? Not at all, because I will still attend some game nights that happen (if I have the time), just that I may not do any more coordination (may just be a regular player). I will still play games with my PSN friends at times, and I’ll probably play some game nights at other forums. People can go ahead and remove me on PSN if they want, I understand, because I won’t be as active running game nights.

Regardless, I was looking at posting this around 1-2 months from now, but I guess I have to do it sooner. I apologize to some I had to come to this, but when giving it a lot of thought, its best for me to not add so much pressure on myself and other things.

Sorry for the terrible grammar/spelling/errors, kind of typed this all at once. :lol:

EDIT: Is there a chance I could host again. Possibly, just not for a bit. I need a break for a while doing it, LONG break.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN Name: Tavohl
CAG Name: Tavohl
Nickname: Tavo
Headset: Yes
Keyboard: No
USB Camera: Yes
Play Style: Recreation
Time Zone: (GMT -06:00)Central time
Days, Time Available: Night after 11 ET
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: MGS4;GTA4;Resistance:FOM;RE5;Fifa09; Madden 09;RockBand2 & 1; EOJ;Warhawk.
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk; MGS4; RE5; havent played the other games online
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Mag(delayed untilo 2010)
Favorite genres to play online: Anything i have.

PSN Name: Tony_Dynomite
CAG Name: carnefice
Nickname: Tony
USB Camera: No
Time Zone: Central
Days, Time Available: Varies, after 10:00 pm
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: LBP, Socom Confrontation, MotorStorm
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: LBP
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Fat Princess
Favorite genres to play online: Anything really

PSN Name: (kamiza989)
CAG Name: (kamiza)
Headset: (No)
Keyboard: (No)
USB Camera: (No)
Play Style: Casual
Time Zone: (GMT+1 UK)
Days, Time Available: (fluctuates)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: (Killzone 2, Street Fighter IV, FIFA09)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (Killzone 2)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: (Mavel Ultimate Alliance)
Favorite genres to play online: (Shooter)

PSN Name: tmei2006
CAG Name: tmei2006
Nickname: Tony
Headset: No
Keyboard: Yes
Days, Time Available: Varies, after 8:00 pm
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter HD Remix
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: SF4
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Fat Princess
Favorite genres to play online: Fighters

PSN Name: Spysheep
CAG Name: pixis
Nickname: Pixi
Headset: No, but I have a Karaoke Revolution Mic. =)
Keyboard: Yes
USB Camera: Nope
Play Style: Recreation / Leetzorz. I like tournaments and Team-play.
Time Zone: East
Days, Time Available: Whenever I can get someone to play with.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: LittleBigPlanet (Looking for more)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: LittleBigPlanet
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: As of now, X-men
Favorite genres to play online: Teamwork / Battle

Hey TMK...
Just now thought I'd post in this thread to tell you to change Warhawk's time on Saturday to 11pm Eastern. That time seemed to work better.

PSN Name: ColorMeEvil
CAG Name: Jeff...
Nickname: Color
Headset: No
Play Style: No, I mean casual
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: Whenever I can get someone to play with.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: COD4, GTA4 ,Rock Band 1 & 2
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: COD4
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Modern Warfare 2
Favorite genres to play online: Teamwork / Battle

PSN Name: ChernobylCow
CAG Name: ChernobylCow
Nickname: Cow
Play Style: Serious, Team-Oriented
Days, Time Available: Saturday & Sunday nights (subject to change)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: GTA4, UT3, Warhawk, Burnout Paradise
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: n/a
Favorite genres to play online: Team-based. Co-op experience.

PSN Name: mhedden
CAG Name: Triplehelix
Nickname: helix, triplehelix, triple...
Headset: yes
Play Style: Skilled, yet new to ps3 (6/09)
Time Zone: pst
Days, Time Available: late nights all week, after 3 on some days (depends on work schedule)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: killzone 2, nhl arcade 3v3, nhl 09(my brothers but easily accessable)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: killzone 2
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: nhl 10
Favorite genres to play online: shooters and hockey

Or an open PSN Gaming Social group... well, one that TMK isn't admin of... not that I like the social group function of CAG...

I had thought about starting a PSN group on playfire... but I didn't. :lol:

ya social groups dont work well unfortunately. i dunno, doesnt seem we need a central psn group. just let the people go into each thread and join that way.

PSN Name: HuntersTalon
CAG Name: CrimsonTalon
Nickname: Hunter
Play Style: Recreational / Addiction lol
Time Zone: Central Time Zone, Missouri
Days, Time Available: 8pm CST
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Burnout Paradise, Unreal Tournament 3, Team Fortress 2
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Burnout Paradise
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: Batman, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Dead Rising 2
Favorite genres to play online: FPS, adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back