CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

I saw the public multiplayer beta is coming to PSN this Tuesday. Does the CAG SOCOM group have any sort of boot camp?

I am a big fan of tactical shooters and I generally play all shooters with an emphasis on not dying (high K/D due to small D, not big K) so Ive always thought SOCOM would be a good fit, but I was scared off the last time I tried because my skills werent quite up to the expectations of my teammates. Id love to give the series another shot and now that I am a CAG it seems like itd be a good intro.

Hah boot camp.

Just hit us up on the PSN. If you play consistently then you'll be given a clan invite. Over time you'll get better.

Stupid camera is so zoomed in I missed madnmore knifing me in my face :) Once the full game comes out with the fixes, I'll on a drug, its called SoCrack.

As for the PS Move, there is almost no recoil. The problem? You need to have a steady hand. I dont have the gun attachment, but I won't be surprised if people did pretty good with it. The difference is the ability to have the gun pressed against the shoulder. The only thing I could see being a problem however is slow aiming. Thought the ds3 was slow? This is even slow, especially when trying to turn around.

I didn't play much with it since I sucked ass, but I'll try more than just a few rounds.

Good games last night. It still feels kinda weird, specially since I have no clue how to use my secondary weapon. But I think i'm getting gooder, my first few games I only had ne kill, and I picked up a few last night.

LOL SOCOM Boot Camp.

And to TctclMvPhase, these guys have low expectations. They let me play Confrontation with them, and I sucked at that game. And they always give good tips.

Yeah I wasn't digging the zoomed in camera too much. It got annoying at times.

Yeah let's make this clear, while we are competitive and want to win, we would never ever ever criticize your play or ask you to leave the clan based on your talent in the game. The only thing that would get you removed is being a d-bag or no longer playing the game.

[quote name='AXV1']Good games last night. It still feels kinda weird, specially since I have no clue how to use my secondary weapon. But I think i'm getting gooder, my first few games I only had ne kill, and I picked up a few last night.

LOL SOCOM Boot Camp.

And to TctclMvPhase, these guys have low expectations. They let me play Confrontation with them, and I sucked at that game. And they always give good tips.

Yeah I wasn't digging the zoomed in camera too much. It got annoying at times.[/QUOTE]

You did pretty good last night. I use the marksman preset, so just taping L2 switches to my smg. Holding it down brings up the weapons menu.

Biggest thing, use your mic. I didn't notice it, but most of last night I didn't have my mic on. Next time I will make sure it is on.

[quote name='MisterBee']Yeah let's make this clear, while we are competitive and want to win, we would never ever ever criticize your play or ask you to leave the clan based on your talent in the game. The only thing that would get you removed is being a d-bag or no longer playing the game.[/QUOTE]

Well said MisterBee.

I'll be getting my new PS3 thursday, and KZ3. I think the public beta will be out by then, but if not, it should come with my KZ3, and I will definitely be up to playing with you all if you will have me. Good team player, decent enough skills. Kind of used to FPS, but definitely not new to socom or TPS, so...

I will let you all know! :)

[quote name='MisterBee']Yeah let's make this clear, while we are competitive and want to win, we would never ever ever criticize your play or ask you to leave the clan based on your talent in the game. The only thing that would get you removed is being a d-bag or no longer playing the game.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Sounds like I can fit in. I rarely use my mic because most people just abuse that stuff but I'd love to make it work with this clan. It's half the reason I'll probably get it day 1.

truth, these are some of the very best guys to game with, looking forward to it.

I have homework, but I guess I can fit a few hours of SOCOM before.

And yeah the update was brutal for my slow internet.
At least I was able to turn it off and start of where I left off.

Gotta love that 1 vs 8 match we did tonight. I thought I'd check up on this thread since I am playin' wit u guys most nights.

Someone mentioned they'd help me out with the abandoned map since I ain't gettin' my copy at Gamestop.
To make it easier, shoot me PM with any details if that can be arranged/be part of game share.

Oh, and if anybody didn't know by now that's been playin' with CAG the last week or so, I'm using my other account for the beta - JaykTheDog

Kudos to whoever knows the reference of my name.

[quote name='nfs3freak']Gotta love that 1 vs 8 match we did tonight. I thought I'd check up on this thread since I am playin' wit u guys most nights.[/QUOTE]

My favorite part of that was after waiting an hour to get the party system to work we were all so exited to play we didn't care and then after 8 minutes of zero fun while that guy hid in the spawn he warns us that if we quit out he gets another free win.

[quote name='paz9x']wowzers...the updates...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you are able to download them all and join us before they close the beta next week.

With as horrid as I am at this game, I fear when they up the xp required for weapon upgrades, I'll never be passed a level 2 on anything while I get smacked up by all these guys running around with their level 5 mod weapons. Oh well, maybe after a year or so of play time...

[quote name='Cigarl']
With as horrid as I am at this game, I fear when they up the xp required for weapon upgrades, I'll never be passed a level 2 on anything while I get smacked up by all these guys running around with their level 5 mod weapons. Oh well, maybe after a year or so of play time...[/QUOTE]

Don't even mention it. The custom female named weapons and specializations in Confrontation took me forever to get. I love my Glady.

I won't be playing much of the beta anymore, need to focus on work and stuff. Expect me to be playing often once the full game comes out.

You can actually look at the weapon mods from the main menu. MOD 1 on assault rifles give you higher cap magazines. Ex: AK-102 gets 40 not instead of 30.

The later mods help out tremendously with silencers, grips, acog scopes and such. Hope Zipper does a day 1 double XP to help us get to the mods faster.

Are they resetting stats between beta and game release? Sounds like people who have high level now would have a huge advantage, especially after xp reqs are raised.

There will be a reset in stats. Also the amount of XP per level will be changed too. Zipper lowered the XP count so that people in the beta could get a first hand taste of what the unlocks would be like.

Alright lotta ?'s last night about what is getting fixed and when. Here is what we have so far

First Patch – SOCOM 4 Retail Version 1.XX
Estimated Release: April 2011

• Multiplayer camera pulled further behind character (cuts off at around the mid-to-upper thigh)
  • Multiplayer camera field of view has been widened by roughly 20%
  • Firing accuracy has been improved for all weapons and aim modes; first few shots are substantially more accurate (with less accuracy the longer full-auto is employed)
  • Considerably increased horizontal and vertical recoil to all weapons in ACOG and Red Dot views
  • Decreased effective range of all SMGs
  • Reduced throw distance for all grenades
  • Made improvements to the HUD to make teammate names display above their head if they are onscreen; removed allied names (leaving only icons) when spotting friendlies at a distance;
  • Increased XP minimum requirements for character and weapon mod progression
  • Updated "Vote Kick" UI so that it no longer eats real estate on your screen like Galactus at the Milkway Buffet
  • More to come, stay tuned...

Other Things We're Adjusting/ Changing w/o Details
Estimated Release: TBD (Patch 1 or After)

• Improvements to mic communication system to make it more obvious who is talking and who isn't; plus bug fixes associated with this
Really hope the mic system makes it into the first patch.

[quote name='smiggity']
  • Updated "Vote Kick" UI so that it no longer eats real estate on your
[/QUOTE]

That made me chuckle. Oh Zipper you.

[quote name='j-cart']Don't even mention it. The custom female named weapons and specializations in Confrontation took me forever to get. I love my Glady.

[/QUOTE]

I miss Gloria...

[quote name='AXV1']I miss Gloria...[/QUOTE]

Tilly was a man killer. Men would cry, scream and yell disgusting things to her.

I'm looking at the career leader boards..... how in the fuck can someone have a 2054.00 KDR? Sniper much?

I would kill to have the opportunity to ruin that with one kill. From me.

[quote name='Cigarl']My favorite part of that was after waiting an hour to get the party system to work we were all so exited to play we didn't care and then after 8 minutes of zero fun while that guy hid in the spawn he warns us that if we quit out he gets another free win.[/QUOTE]

Did he really warn us? I didn't know that kid did that. Well, free win for him, whatever. Not like it matters since it's just the beta anyway.

I was wondering about the XP in the beta. I was thinkin'..."Damn, am I just that good to be be ranking up so fast?"

I noticed the leaderboard thing too...the guy has no deaths, and last I looked, killstreak of like in the 60's only, so something's up.

[quote name='nfs3freak']Did he really warn us? I didn't know that kid did that. Well, free win for him, whatever. Not like it matters since it's just the beta anyway.[/QUOTE]

After we got done with the first game and were at the lobby screen waiting to go to the second game in the rotation, someone on our side said we were jumping out. That single guy's comment was "If you leave I get a free win." Smog's comment was right in line with yours. Like it matters

I think in the clan challenge games the mic could be open. It seems that when we play as a whole group most of the talk centers around the current game being played and more times than not it seems when you want to call someone out the push to talk doesn't work or it drops out and you don't realize you are no longer being heard.

Is it an inconvenient for anybody else having the Open Mic button be the d-pad up? Like TH, I still find myself hitting the button (for some reason can't think of it off the top of my head) that we used in Confrontation.

Ya I've said it a million times, PTT on dpad up does not work. you have to stop moving to shoot. I expect that to be changed when Mic patch is out.

That dude is a rankup. love the fact that zipper removed UCRR to keep rank integrity but you can't stop rankups

[quote name='smiggity']Patch coming tomorrow with all listed fixes![/QUOTE]

Here is what its going to look like:

http://twitpic.com/4i3u90
272276964.jpg

That pic looked slightly better, but still not back enough/reticle at the head.

Also, there wouldn't happen to be a new map with the patch the beta, as shown in the pic?

The beta closes on April 13th.

With the new patch out tonight, I think I will be on. Want to see how different this new camera angle will be.

Hey, this is LethalGod. I will be getting socom 4, and am currently playing the beta version and it is pretty good. I got a new psn id (GameOrigin), if you guys have made a clan yet, please send me an invite when you get a chance. Glad to see that most yall from confrontation are still playing.

[quote name='toocool17']Hey, this is LethalGod. I will be getting socom 4, and am currently playing the beta version and it is pretty good. I got a new psn id (GameOrigin), if you guys have made a clan yet, please send me an invite when you get a chance. Glad to see that most yall from confrontation are still playing.[/QUOTE]

Holly crap!!! LethalGod is coming back!!!! Looking forward to playing with you again.

I'm going to be on tonight to try out the new patch. Sorry I could join your game this afternoon Smog. I just wanted to get the path in case it took 3 hours again. It actually took less that 5 minutes to DL and install.

It was awesome playing with you guys a few weekends ago! I haven't had time to jump back on, but I was wondering if this was a day 1 purchase for anyone? I'm still on the fence and may wait till it drops a bit in price.

The patch has improved this game for me. The aim definitely seems better. While improved, the camera isn't back as far as they said it would be though. It cuts off around your butt rather than mid thigh like they said it would. The camera also seems to pull in when you run and any time you walk around a box or wall. Either way it is better than it was.

Glad to hear they finally released that patch because the beta was pretty meh for me thus far and I won't go into the whining details. I'll get on again this weekend.

got stabbed in the back by smog.

so they pulled the camera back? to me , it feels like they pushed the camera closer to you. this beta is very user unfriendly. so talk is ptt? ive been testsing my mic but nothing happens. it doesnt help that since i got new dsl and a new slim that i have nat3 net access. i tried various things to get it back to nat2 but to no avail.

Has anyone been able to get Move to work with the beta? I just tried using it, and it won't let me pass the screen that says to "align the controller with the camera and pull the T trigger." I keep hearing a beep but it won't advance.

bread's done
Back