CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

This looks pretty cool. It's nice that they are giving so many options as far as sizes and days of the week. Hopefully there will be some type of matchmaking system in place so it isn't a constant run in with the ultra competitive clans. I'll definitely be in.

Thanks for the games yesterday afternoon and last night. I think I went like 4 games without getting a single kill. Pretty horrid. I do think I finally found a decent setting though for my tv on night maps.

md, when we were playing the 4x4 the other two guys were amazed at some of the balconies/ledges you would run on and some of the other sneaky spots you found. You're the master at that stuff (not to mention knifing that guy like 15 seconds into the game).

Hopefully you can do the 8v8 with 6 people cuz thats probably all we will have.

Also notice the 10% rule, so we wont be outskilled. We are just gonna have to step up the communication

[quote name='smiggity']Not to be /6 defender here, but on their maps they have no Single Player to draw from. It will surely be more than $2 per map, but there will also be guns and probably a new faction as well. The server thing will be weird. I think they are assuming everyone that is still playing this game, after all the shit weve been through, will buy the DLC for sure. And they are probably right.

I suggest 5 of you guys get together and split the costs that way. It will be ubercheap then, plus you know additional content will be coming in the future[/quote]

unless they go the same route they did with the game and make the DC only accesible on the profile that purchased it .

[quote name='kurokubushi']unless they go the same route they did with the game and make the DC only accesible on the profile that purchased it .[/quote]

Doubtful. Warhawk DLC can be shared but full game has same restrictions as Socom

Its a wrap for Slant Six. The new PSP Socom has regenerating health :( And they said out before Christmas but they cant let us know when we will get some fucking maps? What a joke

[quote name='smiggity']Its a wrap for Slant Six. The new PSP Socom has regenerating health :( And they said out before Christmas but they cant let us know when we will get some fucking maps? What a joke[/QUOTE]

Unless they make some big changes in the way the fire team bravo3 controls over the 2nd one the regenerating health really won't mater. The syphon filter games on the psp are way better in both single and multiplayer games. Some new maps will be good when they come.

On another note if anyone checks out the best buy add for this week my kids are on the front page riding an amusement park airplane.

Hope to see everyone on tonight.

[quote name='Cigarl']On another note if anyone checks out the best buy add for this week my kids are on the front page riding an amusement park airplane.

Hope to see everyone on tonight.[/quote]

Wow, that's pretty cool man. How'd you get them on?

I'm out for tonight. :whistle2:( I have a major project due tomorrow and I'm going to be working on it all night pretty mcuh.

[quote name='m_d_amore']the first two psp gams were zippers i thought .

look like it may be a low turnout tonite well see[/QUOTE]

I'm coming soon. We had a bunch of people over for dinner and I need to help the bride clean up. I'll be on asap

[quote name='encendido5']Wow, that's pretty cool man. How'd you get them on?[/QUOTE]

Our family does a lot of modeling for a bunch of stuff. That photo was some stuff we did a couple years ago. This advertising group hired us to basically play for a week at water parks, go-cart tracks, etc. They took a ton of photos and sold them to a company that has a massive stock photo database. Companies can go to the database and purchase individual pictures for whatever they need. My bride and son are on a huge billboard in the Wisconsin Dells for some indoor go-cart track. It's kind of funny to get catalogs or be walking through a store and see your family on a box or something like that.

I sent a friend request to SmogItUp like a minute ago, I would like to play my first socom cag night, I got the game today =P

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']I sent a friend request to SmogItUp like a minute ago, I would like to play my first socom cag night, I got the game today =P[/QUOTE]

What is your psn id? Send mdam0re and I a request as we are on most nights. md is most likely on now for sure. That's the easiest way to find a the game. Hope you make it in and have fun.

[quote name='Cigarl']Unless they make some big changes in the way the fire team bravo3 controls over the 2nd one the regenerating health really won't mater. The syphon filter games on the psp are way better in both single and multiplayer games. Some new maps will be good when they come.

On another note if anyone checks out the best buy add for this week my kids are on the front page riding an amusement park airplane.

Hope to see everyone on tonight.[/quote]

Awesome! Saw Mini-Goldbugs in the ad! Must be pretty cool for your kids.:applause:

Ill be on later

I was in for a while until both controllers died, lesson learned: Charge your controllers!

Anyways it was alot of fun, Im in some games right now getting raped.
Is there a big learning curve on this game?

just mess around in respawn rooms till you feel comfortable. try diff guns loadouts and what not get a feel for the maps see the spots get acquainted with the large and small versions of each map. when you do go in a real game and die off quick watch what the living do find their spots and techniques all in all just have fun

to bad i couldent join you guys last night, When I finially was able to join the game the douch bags on my team tk'd me and voted me out, even when I told em i was with the guys on the other team and would switch over after the match was done.

I should be able to make it tonight. Depends how much 'celebrating' I do, now that I'm done with finals (well at least I will be in a couple of hours).

[quote name='BlueScrote']I should be able to make it tonight. Depends how much 'celebrating' I do, now that I'm done with finals (well at least I will be in a couple of hours).[/QUOTE]

Way to go. That was always one of the best feelings. I'll be on 'cause I still have a month of school to go...no celebrating here

Whats up with saying we were going to play fat princess and then just staying and playing a quick match? No big deal, I needed to sleep anyway.

Tonight is my last night for a week, vacation starts tomorrow, man I'm going to suck next saturday or sunday night.

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Patch 1.50 is still being tested. But I did find out about another feature that has been added. The ability to assign which item (pistol, grenades, etc...) you want to assign as the quick swap is going to be included in the 1.50 update. Pressing the quick swap button will swap between the primary weapon and the assigned item. The selection only needs to be assigned once per game and will persist for all rounds in the game. You can change quick swap assignment at any time from the in-game weapon selection menu (weapon wheel). It will default to the pistol until you change it.

Quality Assurance is working hard to get the patch ready for you and the team is looking forward to getting you the DLC as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience as the work continues to support this title.

shitty post.
[/FONT]

Very good games, had a lot of fun playing against another clan. The 5 vs. 9 match was epic. Nice teamwork guys :) Gen and smog were killin it in that tanker map (dunno what it's called).

[quote name='Esper']Very good games, had a lot of fun playing against another clan. The 5 vs. 9 match was epic. Nice teamwork guys :) Gen and smog were killin it in that tanker map (dunno what it's called).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='smiggity']That Frostfire Match was epic! I think we are ready 4 the tournaments[/QUOTE]

The games Sunday night were a lot of fun since we were so evenly matched with that other clan, and yes watching Smog and Gen mow those guys down in frostfire control point after they stacked the teams was one of the best games ever.

[quote name='smiggity']Ive never seen 16 and 20 on the same team. I couldnt believe it when the scoreboard came up.[/quote]

The real question is was did either score contain the mythical 15 in a row? Being frostfire, I'm guessing no, but either one of you guys is certainly capable of it, unlike I who cannot get 15 kills in a game period, much less in a row.

[quote name='MisterBee']The real question is was did either score contain the mythical 15 in a row? Being frostfire, I'm guessing no, but either one of you guys is certainly capable of it, unlike I who cannot get 15 kills in a game period, much less in a row.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to get 15 in a row, closest I've ever gotten is 11 in a row.

[quote name='MisterBee']The real question is was did either score contain the mythical 15 in a row? Being frostfire, I'm guessing no, but either one of you guys is certainly capable of it, unlike I who cannot get 15 kills in a game period, much less in a row.[/QUOTE]

I will have a humongous post on here when i get 15 in a row. Most I have gotten is 11 as well.

Anyways I wont be on much at night since if im home I have friends over but I try to catch some rounds at like 6 or 7pm everyday.

Website is out of Beta and much improved. They have a weekly leaderboard, a world map with player loctions, Awards page to check trophies. Its cool now I bet this patch comes out this weekend. Then it is domination time!!!!!!!

Ok so some strange shit hapened to me durring game nigh last night. After one of the rounds last night, when it was showing the score board for the round, this mythical voice said "Your a True Hero". I'm shitting you not, and it wasent possible for it to come from anyplace else because i was the only one awake in the house at the time.

Will this weeks blog post announce a patch release date? We are smack in the middle of may, the target was mid-late may. If it comes out on a tuesday like the last patch, its either the 19th or 26th. I hope everyone is ready to read xxx fragged yyy by DE .50 all the time.

[quote name='metaly']Old and not SOCOM-related but I know there are some Shipment lovers in here: http://www.lowpings.net/gamingnews/...-lunatic-flesh-blender-in-green-and-gray.html

I can't get over how perfect the screenshot is.[/QUOTE]

God that map sucked, I swear playing headquarters on that map was the most fustrating thing I have ever played. I think I was the only person on my team trying to actually capture the point, hence I was the person with the most deaths 100% of the time. That map and wet work were easily the two worst maps, the only ones I voted against every time. (Bloc was voted if it was team deathmatch, fuck snipers lol)

Why did everyone seem to hate my favorite map in that game, Downpour, it seemed like the only map I was really good at, it would seem to get voted or even worse the host leave a lot of the time. I miss playing that game now that I think about it.

Nothing New to Tell You Yet...

AbigaleSS
SCEA

AbigaleSS

Message 1 of 24

Viewed 99 times

Hello, Folks-

As you may have noticed, we didn’t put an update on SOCOM.com today. We just don’t have anything new to tell you yet. Patch 1.5 is still being tested and we still don’t have a release date for it. As soon as we know something solid, we will let you know.

I’m sorry this process isn’t any quicker. I know you are all anxious to get your hands on the new patch and the DLC that will be coming after that. Thanks so much for your patience. The team is just as anxious to get it all finished, tested and out to you. I’ll update you further on SOCOM.com as soon as I have any new information for you. :smileyhappy:

this shit makes me not want to get a new game til its a year old and fixed

bread's done
Back