CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Another great night, thanks guys :)

Hated that damn fallen map with the plant site dock, I was mashing the x button like crazy just to climb up. I thought for sure goldbug had me there. I got lucky.

For about 5 seconds before people started lagging out or getting themselves banned from the room ;), we had 15 people in there, one short of the dream of a full 8v8 medley.

great games last night, it was fun to be back to my usual bullet magnet/running around with no purpose ways even though i had to bail early (wife threw down a good guilt trip about spending my night off playing games, what can ya do?). i'll actually be able to be on again tomorrow night so lets do it up!

From time to time I have to climb ship's ladders for work.

[IMG-c=5476]8001[/IMG-c]

This one was about 20' high. I get the urge to try to slide down like in the game, but then I remember it's real life and I'd bust my ass :lol:

[quote name='encendido5']From time to time I have to climb ship's ladders for work.

[IMG-c=5476]8001[/IMG-c]

This one was about 20' high. I get the urge to try to slide down like in the game, but then I remember it's real life and I'd bust my ass :lol:[/QUOTE]

wait til someones under you then crush them ;)

[quote name='MisterBee']For about 5 seconds before people started lagging out or getting themselves banned from the room ;), we had 15 people in there, one short of the dream of a full 8v8 medley.[/QUOTE]

If I could have just made it online to play with you guys :cry:

[quote name='encendido5']From time to time I have to climb ship's ladders for work.

[IMG-c=5476]8001[/IMG-c]

This one was about 20' high. I get the urge to try to slide down like in the game, but then I remember it's real life and I'd bust my ass :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha that is awesome. Totally looks like one of the ladders from the game too.

[quote name='woodcan']If I could have just made it online to play with you guys :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah you missed out on a nice showing. Its all good, looks like Socom Fever is picking up around CAG :D

Edit- I laughed when I saw the new tags added to this thread:applause:

Slant Six Twitter Page Update:

Wow, we've officially cleared 1000 followers. That's a lot of people waiting for an update. Welcome to all and hope to offer some news soon.

Yeah so that is useless.

my internet connection dropped twice in a row so i said fuck it and decided to drink beer and eat wings to sooth my pain....anyone else forced to deal with timewarner for their internet? theyve got a monopoly in west texas and their service can eat ten dicks.

Don't worry about a blog post today, there won't be one. There is an abilgale post in the forum saying there is nothing new to say. I guess we are looking at August for 1.5, September at the earliest for 1.6, DLC sometime after that. It getting really hard to not get frustrated over all this.

[quote name='MisterBee']Don't worry about a blog post today, there won't be one. There is an abilgale post in the forum saying there is nothing new to say. I guess we are looking at August for 1.5, September at the earliest for 1.6, DLC sometime after that. It getting really hard to not get frustrated over all this.[/QUOTE]

The new stuff will be great, but until that happens we can continue enjoying what we've got. Last CAG night was a blast and this game continues to be fun most every time we play. The patch and DLC will make it better, but it still is a great game.

On that note, I've missed the last couple nights due to projects around the house and my bride and I just had our 15 year anniversary (time flies). I will be on tomorrow and Sunday for sure. Missed a couple days and I feel like I'm going through detox...

I am getting this game in a trade. I heard when it came out, it had a lot of issues. Has most if not all been patched?

[quote name='Sparta Omni']I am getting this game in a trade. I heard when it came out, it had a lot of issues. Has most if not all been patched?[/QUOTE]

yes. its a far cry from how horrible it was at release.

im working a 24hr. tonight. hopefully i can join in tuesday.

Sorry flesh, you got on literally as we joined a big map extaction quick match. We should try to avoid quick matches until after midnight eastern, just to give everyone a chance to get on.

For those who do not want to click, here is a quick quote: "All I can say is that we're about as close as we have ever been to getting it approved and released..." - Shijima

Another quote worthy of posting: "For what it's worth, development and testing of the two have been happening side-by-side with the aim that you won't have to wait very long at all for the release of v1.60." - Shijima

Does anyone know where I can get the Official Headset but not at $40?In every single game I played,everyone had mics and was yelling at me for not having one.

check target the endwar bundle is on clearance , you also can use any usb headset like the old socom headset or any bluetooth will work. eve the rockband mics will let your voice be heard

Man, three teamkills in one night, it was not a good night for people who hung around me.

Lethal, when I knife you in the back you are supposed to die! I'm not sure if my dual shock would have survived had you killed me after that, I was damn close to dying.

Gold, just because they use the famas doesn't mean you need to call people names....:lol:

so i was worse than normal last night haha. yeah i need to play more.
i cant even remember the game types or maps.

goldbug has gotten pretty damn good.
i remember when we started he played like me.

[quote name='MisterBee']
Gold, just because they use the famas doesn't mean you need to call people names....:lol:[/QUOTE]

Not a good night. I've no idea what was going on. I apologize for my behavior/words.

[quote name='Cigarl']Not a good night. I've no idea what was going on. I apologize for my behavior/words.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize, it was meant as a joke. I have just come to realize people are going to exploit everything possible and there is no use complaining about it.

Just got the game in the HQV $4.99 deal. As soon as I can get some experience as not to embarass my old self, I'll drop by.

[quote name='FinsUp99']Just got the game in the HQV $4.99 deal. As soon as I can get some experience as not to embarass my old self, I'll drop by.[/QUOTE]

Drop by any time. Send Smog, md, MisterB or me an friend request. Sunday and Tuesdays we are still getting 10-15 people and 4-10 on any other night of the week.

[quote name='FinsUp99']Just got the game in the HQV $4.99 deal. As soon as I can get some experience as not to embarass my old self, I'll drop by.[/QUOTE]

dont bother, just join now. youll have a lot more fun playing with the regulars.

[quote name='MisterBee']Sorry flesh, you got on literally as we joined a big map extaction quick match. We should try to avoid quick matches until after midnight eastern, just to give everyone a chance to get on.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I ended up trying to play a game with randoms and ended up in a room with a guy with a Confrontation rating of 29 on the opposing team with his buddies all in the double-digits. To say the least my team got slaughtered and I mean 2 rounds I was killed before I even saw daylight (i.e. you know how your screen starts dark at the start of every round and your vision fades in).

My fault in that last round; ran out of grenades. I had good position to shoot the guy, but i can't aim for shit. Good games though. :)

[quote name='Snake2715']Reading reviews nowmight pick this up. I liked KZ2 and have to see what this is all about.[/QUOTE]

Nothing about this game is similar to KZ2. You may be dissapointed

Anyways Im back until I go out on tour next month. So I need to get some massive Socom hours in now while i still can

[quote name='smiggity']Nothing about this game is similar to KZ2. You may be dissapointed

Anyways Im back until I go out on tour next month. So I need to get some massive Socom hours in now while i still can[/QUOTE]

Oh well thats alright.

Sorry I've been out for a while, but looks like I'll be off a little longer. Hopefully will be able to get to some killing this coming weekend.

[quote name='smiggity']Anyways Im back until I go out on tour next month. So I need to get some massive Socom hours in now while i still can[/QUOTE]

Another target for my L96 scope....Though gold seems to be the only one who actually gets hit with it
from < 3 feet away ;)

[quote name='MisterBee']Another target for my L96 scope....Though gold seems to be the only one who actually gets hit with it
from < 3 feet away ;)
[/QUOTE]

I'm good like that.

Bump for the ONE TRUE TUESDAY CAG GAME.

Also, congrats to gold for two picture perfect teamkills to the same guy in consecutive rounds earlier today :lol:.

[quote name='smiggity']Nothing about this game is similar to KZ2. You may be dissapointed

Anyways Im back until I go out on tour next month. So I need to get some massive Socom hours in now while i still can[/QUOTE]

You got a band? Where's the music bro? Or is it a tour of duty?

Anyways, I'm hoping to get on tonight but no promises :pray:

I am definitely out of practice. Can't believe I went 0-whatever in that Fallen elimination.

Also haha @ now UT3 also trying to move to Tuesdays. Not that anyone even plays that.

[quote name='woodcan']You got a band? Where's the music bro? Or is it a tour of duty?

Anyways, I'm hoping to get on tonight but no promises :pray:[/QUOTE]

I am one of the least musically talented people ever created. I work catering for large tours, so thats what I was talking about. We just did a regional Elton John-Billy Joel tour and next month we are supposed to go out with Kid Rock

bread's done
Back