CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Heard they finally released a patch. People are saying it's "relatively" "better". Sounds good. I went to see video of it and found this guy again. Hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpakB1dCvnw

As for the game. If you want to play something similar without the issues I suggest GRAW 1. It even has a similar nad characteristics so you can kill yourself or totally miss the enemy.

[quote name='VipFREAK']As for the game. If you want to play something similar without the issues I suggest GRAW 1. It even has a similar nad characteristics so you can kill yourself or totally miss the enemy.[/QUOTE]
Have you ever even played the game, or do you just like to come in this thread and bitch about it? :roll:

[quote name='VipFREAK']Heard they finally released a patch. People are saying it's "relatively" "better". Sounds good. I went to see video of it and found this guy again. Hilarious.

As for the game. If you want to play something similar without the issues I suggest GRAW 1. It even has a similar nad characteristics so you can kill yourself or totally miss the enemy.[/QUOTE]

Get a life bro. And stay out of this thread you idiot. WHo the hell are you talkiing to? Yourself? Or is it one of your favorite TV characters?? GTFO you loser ass troll

Miller you gotta show up sometime!

Dude my days are all messed up, I completely thought yesterday was monday for the longest time... Ah well. Might not be able to make it Sunday, but Tuesday I'll be around for sure.

I went to quick match the other day, finished the game like 11-3 when it was like 9 on 4 the entire time lol.. come to find out it was unranked... I've got a lot of stuff going on with soccer and school eventually starting up, but once I get my room all set up (carpet is being installed tomorrow, w00t!) and I get to play on my HD set, I'll be giving this game some more play time.

[quote name='MisterBee']Sorry for the knife in the back md, but you have no idea how pissed off I was when you killed that hostage...[/QUOTE]

Man, I was pissed when somebody from your team killed the three hostages. I was so close to extracting them. I’m never getting that trophy…

[quote name='MisterBee']Sorry for the knife in the back md, but you have no idea how pissed off I was when you killed that hostage...[/QUOTE]

Someone on the headset was like I bet MisterBee is so pissed md killed his hostage.

[quote name='encendido5']Man, I was pissed when somebody from your team killed the three hostages. I was so close to extracting them. I’m never getting that trophy…[/QUOTE]

I think that was me (the round where the 4th one did get extracted?). I got stuck on the ladder....i.e. I couldn't figure out how to climb it (I coulda sworn it used to be x).

Actually I think I do know :) even called it sorry
[quote name='smiggity'] Im bored of playing ourselves.[/QUOTE]
this. Enough with the CAG on CAG violence

Also Im kinda tired of Med 2 we've done it for months if anything we should use those map/mode combos on the ladders or something

Nice to see we are back to 50 Clan members good games guys feels good to be back

Having never played a socom game until yesterday, anyone have a strategy site they could recommend to help a n00b out?

Is there a way to join a game in progress on a specific team? I tried to join you guys yesterday afternoon and as soon as joined (on the other team) I got voted out.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is there a way to join a game in progress on a specific team? I tried to join you guys yesterday afternoon and as soon as joined (on the other team) I got voted out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we figured that. You would think with how hard it is to play with your clan people would chill on the voting... You can switch teams when you get in the lobby by hitting select to enter friends list, and then backing out.

[quote name='FinsUp99']This should be required reading. I wish I had skimmed it before I got in yesterday for my first unranked games. I suppose the first thing I need to learn is the controls. Mentally I kept going back to Modern Warfare thinking. Probably looked like an ass to others.

But....I'm trying. :)[/QUOTE]

Keep trying dude. Someone will send you a clan invite today

I'd ask for some other stuff (about a certain fanboy) to be put in, but some how I know it's not going to happen. It's ok though, I'll really think about you guys when I try to throw a nad in GRAW 1&2.

I plan on trying to make it on for a game or two tonight but if I don't make it I won't be on until Tuesday. Our neighbors own an island up in Canada by Lake of the Woods and offered to take us up in their float plane for the weekend to catch fish as big as my 5 year old. Tough to pass up. See you all Tuesday

And I vote for some CAG v World. Even if we have to do a 16v16 quick match it would be fun to run with everyone for a change rather than having Gen & Option always shooting me in the face.

Man, I feel like I'm in a slump in Socom. I just tried sniping and sucked horribley. I do miss my GMP... with it's awesome front grip and sweet silencer.

[quote name='Thomas96']I can't play this game to save my live... I like it.. but I suck at it. Someone please give me some pointers...[/QUOTE]

Try playing with us a bit .
try respawn rooms
read that newbie post like 2 pages back

[quote name='m_d_amore']Try playing with us a bit .
try respawn rooms
read that newbie post like 2 pages back[/QUOTE]

lol Thanks,

NA Espanol 1 8 medley 1. Just join through the friends/clan list

EDIT We underestimated the amount of people that were on so the room is full if you are trying to get in we apolgize. I'll post the new room in a few minutes.

EDIT 2: America v Europe 16v16 Medley 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally read the time wrong, thought it read PST not EST. No wonder I was late. I'll def make sure tomorrow nite to be on earlier, won't be able til about midnight your guys' time if u all still playin by then.

Yeah most of the socom players are eastern and central time zone people.

md said they were making fun of our sniper, chances are that was me, because even though I killed 4 guys in one round, I did miss with my first 4 shots before hitting anyone...

Nice to see you on Thomaticus. I kinda chuckled when you were laying down rounds on Orange.

Also, for the friends list thing... I ended up freezing twice just trying to get on, only to find it full. And it doesn't seem to update your location on the XMB friend list. Also, my friend list is pretty long... so it takes a long time to update all of them, stuttering the screen every couple of secs.

[quote name='smiggity']We will still be on. Thomas you arent so bad at this game. You had a good amount of kills last night[/QUOTE]
I switched weapons and that helped out a lot. You know.. no matter what game I'm playing... I feel comfortable using the same type of gun (i.e Light Machine Gun - RPD). This game is such a change of pace from everything else... because you have to be so patient and stealthy, and no respawns make you more patient as well. I'll be back next week, cause I want to get better.

[quote name='option.iv']Nice to see you on Thomaticus. I kinda chuckled when you were laying down rounds on Orange. [/QUOTE]

I was panicking! lol After I teamkilled Orange (I think it was Orange) I was like... "they gonna kick your black ass clean out of this room." lol

[quote name='bigl523']I just picked this game up cheap from Target and I'm interested in getting into it. How do I join the CAG clan?[/QUOTE]

Just show up tonight at 10 and someone will get you an invite.

Might pick up this game for clearance. My friend recently Platinumed this and it seems like a grind, but an overall easy Platinum. What are your suggestions guys?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Might pick up this game for clearance. My friend recently Platinumed this and it seems like a grind, but an overall easy Platinum. What are your suggestions guys?[/QUOTE]
Easy if you cheat for it sure

bread's done
Back