CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

GAME NIGHT BUMP!!!!

Also, as we have all assumed, here is some nice confirmation:

We've been working on it for about three years (by the time it comes out)

16x16_smiley-happy.gif

--------------------
Jeremy Dunham
Sr. Comm Manager, Zipper Interactive
--------------------

[quote name='smiggity']Me...Confrontation can hold me over for the next 3 months[/QUOTE]

Release is scheduled for Fall 2010, which means September at the earliest. What will you do for all those extra months?

I might pre-order this game. I own 30 PS3 games and I've never pre-ordered a single one...

I guess Confrontation will do for 5-6 months then. That will put me at the 2 year mark, longest I have ever consistently played 1 video game.

Good games last night even though I couldnt get on til later.

All of us need to pre-order Socom 4, as it will most likely have a public beta ala Confrontation. Also, expect to hear some Socom 4 details today at the SOny GDC conference. Maybe even some Gameplay

[quote name='smiggity']BTW, Matt Cooke is a punk. Throw him out of the NHL[/QUOTE]

Exact same hit as Richards on David Booth, the only difference is that Richards is a captain and Cooke is a third line player. When Cooke gets suspended for multiple games, exactly zero people will bring up the Richards hit, especially anyone in the Canadian media.

Couldn't resist picking this up for the price at my Walmart. Hopefully I can play with a few people that won't be too harsh on my first go around.

PSN Fracture_87

[quote name='Fracture']Couldn't resist picking this up for the price at my Walmart. Hopefully I can play with a few people that won't be too harsh on my first go around.

PSN Fracture_87[/QUOTE]

New CAGs are always welcome, and yes your first go around will probably be pretty harsh since this game is so unforgiving. But once you learn the maps it's the best game out there. I'd also suggest picking up the cold front dlc if after a few plays you think this is something you may stick with. It essentially doubles the size of the game. There have been some people game sharing it which gets the price down to $3

Hope to see you out there

[quote name='Fracture']Couldn't resist picking this up for the price at my Walmart. Hopefully I can play with a few people that won't be too harsh on my first go around.

PSN Fracture_87[/QUOTE]

if you kill this guy named lionman make sure you dance on his corpse, he really loves it when people do that

[quote name='Cigarl']New CAGs are always welcome, and yes your first go around will probably be pretty harsh since this game is so unforgiving. But once you learn the maps it's the best game out there. I'd also suggest picking up the cold front dlc if after a few plays you think this is something you may stick with. It essentially doubles the size of the game. There have been some people game sharing it which gets the price down to $3

Hope to see you out there[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, I haven't been so terrible the first few times, and in the ranked there were worse people then me so I avoided being the target of someone's rant. I just can't see my self picking up Cold Front since I only paid $20 for the bundle and DLC is $14. Who knows though, I may change my mind.

[quote name='rpnguyen']if you kill this guy named lionman make sure you dance on his corpse, he really loves it when people do that[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='m_d_amore']but you gameshare it and it costs 3[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I'm not up on game sharing. I have no idea how it works.

I have a share of the Cold Front Map pack available for $3 paypal if anyone is interested. If you want an explanation on how it works Fracture, PM me and I can explain how to set everything up.

[quote name='rpnguyen']if you kill this guy named lionman make sure you dance on his corpse, he really loves it when people do that[/QUOTE]

:D

This clan has the best group of people in it. I haven't had a chance to play with them for a while because of work and a friend is borrowing the game at the moment, but add me to the list of people who are going to preorder socom4. Hopefully the whole clan makes the transition too.

[quote name='antlp89']I have a share of the Cold Front Map pack available for $3 paypal if anyone is interested. If you want an explanation on how it works Fracture, PM me and I can explain how to set everything up.[/QUOTE]

PM sent. I appreciate the help.

[quote name='MisterBee']Exact same hit as Richards on David Booth, the only difference is that Richards is a captain and Cooke is a third line player. When Cooke gets suspended for multiple games, exactly zero people will bring up the Richards hit, especially anyone in the Canadian media.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, and I knew this when I posted that, is he will not be suspended b/c Gary Bettman enjoys sucking off the Pens. Cooke is and always has been a borderline dirty player. There is no place in the NHL to elbow a unsuspecting player in the head. Maybe its different in Detroit b/c we value Skill over size and grit, but that hit was unacceptable to me

[quote name='Fracture']Thankfully, I haven't been so terrible the first few times, and in the ranked there were worse people then me so I avoided being the target of someone's rant. I just can't see my self picking up Cold Front since I only paid $20 for the bundle and DLC is $14. Who knows though, I may change my mind.[/QUOTE]

Well if you like the game, someone here will sell you the DLC for 3 bucks. Its really quite simple.

Teabag him as well. Its his favorite:lol:

[quote name='smiggity']Well if you like the game, someone here will sell you the DLC for 3 bucks. Its really quite simple.[/QUOTE]

Antlp89 is helping me with that right now actually. I should have Cold Front by tonight. Looking forward to play with you guys.

What's the best way for someone completely new to this to get started? I picked up a copy tonight (along with the official bluetooth headset for $19.96 at my local walmart)...

[quote name='mtxbass1']What's the best way for someone completely new to this to get started? I picked up a copy tonight (along with the official bluetooth headset for $19.96 at my local walmart)...[/QUOTE]

jump right in

try respawn rooms at first so you get a feel for the mechanics guns maps

read the 1st o 2nd post as well as there are a few pointers there

have a few of us on you FL and try to join us on CAG nights or if we are on

[quote name='m_d_amore']are we dying off? or will the walmart sale add new blood?[/QUOTE]

none of that bundled up joy at my local walmart. :cry:

GGs everyone. Fun stuff during QM's. The other team kept teamkilling themselves during the first 2 rounds. We knew that they were going to do it again. We wanted to make an interesting match out of it...
So, the 3rd, 4th, and final round resulted in cag on cag violence. Grenades flying left and right. md's C4 going off all over our spawn. Everyone spraying their guns at each other. Our whole objective was to go for the Loss instead of a Victory. Well, we didn't get the Loss, and none of us killed anyone on the opposing team. It's an odd victory, but I'll take it.

See you guys @ the clan match[today/monday] at what time again, 7PST/10EST?

Ill try to make it tonight send meh the invites CAGS Ill be waiting with super monkey ball and Brand New on meh speakers

Damn first CAG night I have missed in a while. Down with the impostor Socom thread! They are all talkin shit now. Anyways went to a ST Pattys parade and was drunk by noon. Planned on waking up in time for CAG Socom but that did not happen. I will be there tonight at 9 though.

Great to see some new blood in here as well

Must finish homework in time...

Damn you people and your internet peer pressure now I have to go to Gamestop to pre-order SOCOM4...

Sorry about the tk misterb. There was a guy popping out of the temple doorway and I wasn't too sure if you guys were aware of it. Everything happened so fast that I decided to act first and be an idiot; who sprayed into the doorway, killing you in the process. I was trying to do too much during that round. I really felt bad about that. :cry: My fault for ruining the momentum we had during the 3rd rd.
Odds were stacked against us anyway. Hopefully we'll get a full 8 come wed., I'll be there for sure.

I tried to get on, but I was a bit late. I was writing a paper and lost track of time...

I have a test on Thursday morning but I will try to play on Wensday, i'll call it a study break.

Game Night Bump!

Also, for md and smog...

Wondering where are your copies of the Darksiders Hellbook and Red Faction: Guerrilla? They should start appearing over the course of next week, starting March 23. The wait is almost over!

ok 2 ladders 10 & 11 tomorrow

10 will be a no show we still need 4 for that . im not gonna be around for that as im gonna be drating my Show team. ill try and hop out and make the 11 match if needed .

sorry about last night i quit my QM and got froze at please wait. when i rebooted it took forever to intialize

Good games last night. Not sure if I will be around tonight since its St Pattys Day.

[quote name='asthmatic']hey smog, it looks like there will be two cag socom 4 clans. Can i join yours?[/QUOTE]

All CAGs are welcome. Confrontation CAGs get priority in case there are only 50 spots

well my late shift run is done again, time to hop back into some socom! im sure this has been discussed already, but motion controls for socom 4???? really??? boo! is it going to come with an m4 shaped controler and maybe some fake nades and a knife and some other gimmicky shit?? bah! i REALLY hope they don't mess it up, but it sounds like they may be trying to. i guess its time to dust off the wii for some practice.

[quote name='skams00']well my late shift run is done again, time to hop back into some socom! im sure this has been discussed already, but motion controls for socom 4???? really??? boo! is it going to come with an m4 shaped controler and maybe some fake nades and a knife and some other gimmicky shit?? bah! i REALLY hope they don't mess it up, but it sounds like they may be trying to. i guess its time to dust off the wii for some practice.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother. Sony shoving more shit on Socom.

[quote name='smiggity']Its because Syngamer is a hater and probably removed his post after he realized he was in a thread with actual Socom fans.[/QUOTE]

No, a mod deleted it. I have no reason to acknowledge you guys and gals as 'fans'. 'Fanatics' perhaps...? Just because you aren't the OP for the SOCOM 4 thread doesn't mean 'fans' don't frequent that thread. I don't worship the ground that Zipper and /6 walk on, but I'm still a fan of SOCOM, have been since I got my PS2 and SOCOM II. You might want to try getting your ego in check, just a suggestion :)

[quote name='SynGamer']No, a mod deleted it. I have no reason to acknowledge you guys and gals as 'fans'. 'Fanatics' perhaps...? Just because you aren't the OP for the SOCOM 4 thread doesn't mean 'fans' don't frequent that thread. I don't worship the ground that Zipper and /6 walk on, but I'm still a fan of SOCOM, have been since I got my PS2 and SOCOM II. You might want to try getting your ego in check, just a suggestion :)[/QUOTE]

I find it funny that after 3000 posts, numerous troll and off topic posts, those were the first 2 posts deleted by a Mod in this thread. Stop running to them like they are your mommy. As for my ego, I just checked it and it's fine:lol:

bread's done
Back