CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Hey guys, I am new with this whole beta thing (and new to PS3) and I was just wonder can i put this S4 code in now or do i have to wait alittle closer to when the beta starts?. If someone could tell me that would be great.

So if you enter the beta code now what happens? I bought one cheap on ebay and thought the guy was trying to rip me off... It didn't work told me to check the code.. Emailed him back and he got real defensive real fast accused me of scamming him so I assumed he was scamming me lol. Now I googled socom beta code not working and maybe they cant be redeemed yet?

excited to play with you guys again. I preordered the bundle with my ECA discount. That would be cool if it came with another headset

Hmm. Well. I was debating on pre ordering the move bundle, but after reading the info from the last few pages I'm really disappointed. Might end up selling my PS3 because this is not what I was hoping for at all. I guess the beta will make or break it for me. I want to love this game but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'll be buying this. It's my first Socom, so I doubt my dreams will be shattered by how it turns out.... I don't know if thats good or bad.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Hmm. Well. I was debating on pre ordering the move bundle, but after reading the info from the last few pages I'm really disappointed. Might end up selling my PS3 because this is not what I was hoping for at all. I guess the beta will make or break it for me. I want to love this game but I'm not getting my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

theres other games on the ps3 besides socom...

[quote name='8bitArtist']theres other games on the ps3 besides socom...[/QUOTE]

Not really. Just distractions until the next Socom comes out. Fans of the series understand

Well we will know the date of the beta tomorrow...I really hope there is a cheaper way to get in day 1 b/c I dont wanna buy Killzone and have it sit here unplayed forever

Yeah, definitely not getting killzone just for the beta.

Well, I'll have to trust your guys' impressions on the game. I'm most likely getting it anyway just to play with you guys.

Though the move bundle? I dunno, I think I'm just going to stick it out with the pad. $150 yikes.

Either way, this is a new Socom.

It took awhile for Confrontation to become enjoyable (patch 1.6!) but there is no doubt, even if this new one is not as "socom" as we like, I still will be playing it.

Though expect a full on detailing of the Socom 4 beta :)

Killzone's a great game, though I only got it because of I had $20 in my Amazon account and got the $20 gift card. I'm going to finish the single player campaign and sell it back to Amazon for $40.

Hopefully the beta comes out soon. I'm itching to see what it'll be like.

At noon tomorrow Beta start times and dates will be announced. Plus they will reveal their 4th game mode, which is called Bomb Squad and is some sort of Breach, Demo and Search and Destroy mashup like all the other weak game modes. Thats the only thing holding me back from being super hype is no classic modes. I really hope we get that as DLC before Summer

I'm hoping that this game pulls more from confrontation than the older Socom games. I picked up a copy of Socom2 awhile back and it has to be one of those thongs that people remember being better than it actually is. I didn't think it held up very well to current games and some of the things that confrontation did (like having 5 clips instead of a running supply of bullets) were pretty cool. Despite all of the hate /6 worked hard to make confrontation what it was (Which was fun). Hopefully Zipper will be able to continue on /6's efforts.

The only thing that irked me in Confrontation was how long it took to get games going or just fire up the game in general.

Here's to hoping the whole online aspect is streamlined and that load times are not killer.

Remember Slant Six was a bunch of amateurs and that is why SC was such a pile of garbage. But underneath all that garbage was sweet sweet socom. I expect much the same here except it will all work much better. But we are stuck with a mainstream shooter garbage but again underneath all that garbage is some Socom

Have almost 20+ 360 games I like playing and haven't turned on my ps3 in months. Been waiting on this game and that's the only reason I've held on to my ps3 so long.

Have almost 20+ 360 games I like playing and haven't turned on my ps3 in months. Been waiting on this game and that's the only reason I've held on to my ps3 so long.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Have almost 20+ 360 games I like playing and haven't turned on my ps3 in months. Been waiting on this game and that's the only reason I've held on to my ps3 so long.[/QUOTE]

What a shitty investment.

-On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.
-Beginning March 22nd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
-On March 29th, anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.
-Starting April 5th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.

Beta ends April 13th.

http://www.socom.com/en-us/Blog

Wow KZ3 people get dicked of course! Wonder if you get in on PSN Plus week if you stay in during KZ3 week as well? I may buy a 3 month card... Can you subscribe for less than 3 months?????

EDIT: Found my own answer. 90 days or a year in North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
I originally bought Killzone for the beta code, so it's a bummer that they are two weeks after it starts, but I'm not spending another $17 for a 3 month PSN plus subscription just to gain a week. I've actually really enjoyed Killzone's multiplayer. It has a few good game modes and no auto aim so people can't target you through walls. I was really hoping to be able to play some Socom over spring break, oh well...soon enough the CAG clan will back at it.

I am really glad there is a public beta, even if is only for a few days. I played the fucking shit out of Socom, 2,3 and Combined Assault (easily hundreds of hours worth) but I haven't played one since. Can't wait to see what this is going to be like.

Also I really hope classic mode is exactly like the PS2 games were (minus the bullshit lag). I miss socom and well I miss playing a damn good online shooter that doesn't have regenerating health. MAG is good except for the fact that it seems like one faction always wins no matter what unless your super lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow at Killzone people getting totally shafted. That's a good reason never to buy into these preorder betas, especially if you're PS+.

Haven't played a Socom game since 2, just picked up a PS3 so I'm looking forward to this beta. Now whether to buy a 3 month Plus card or not, that is the question....

[quote name='smiggity']18 bucks is small price to pay for some Socom. I'm all over it and can't wait![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm hoping it at least fills a piece of the void between now and Battlefield 3.

After getting up at 830 on a Sunday and having to spend 2 hours watching SAF fuck up his team selection only to not fix it at all, I will definitely be around to shoot people tonight.

look, our friend the usas12 is in the game, lets hope it wont have a.r. range
83331420110306_154056_2_big.jpg

The Auto Shotty is only available to the Bomb Defuser in bomb squad mode, and he is heavily armored so he moves like a turtle. And he has a grenade launcher. God these new game modes sound like trash

SOCOM 4: The Trophies

Posted by Jeremy Dunham, Senior Community Manager, Zipper Interactive Headline News SOCOM 4
Outside of our gameplay features, one of the most asked questions we get about SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs these days is, “what kind of trophies can we earn?” Well, ask no more! Listed below are all of the visible trophies you can earn along with the number of hidden trophies you can earn per category.

Enjoy the directory, and don’t forget to check back with us again later this week for even more SOCOM 4 information including upcoming beta details and the revelation of our previously-secret multiplayer game mode!

Bronze
Elite Ops – Complete a Story Campaign mission on Elite Difficulty
N00b – Complete a Competitive Multiplayer game
Good Game – Complete a Competitive Multiplayer game of every gametype
Combined Assault – Complete a Custom Campaign mission in Co-op
Extra Credit – Complete a Custom Campaign mission in Single-player
Government Spending – Call in a total of 10 airstrikes during your career
Death From Above – Eliminate 5 enemies with a single airstrike
Repo Man – Destroy a total of 50 vehicles during your career
Unseen Strike – Stealth kill a total of 10 enemies in a single mission
Grenadier – Eliminate a total of 25 enemies with explosives during your career
Crowd Control – Eliminate 3 enemies with a single explosive
Century Slayer – Eliminate a total of 100 enemies during your career
Melon Hunter – Eliminate a total of 100 enemies with a headshot during your career
Hat Trick – Eliminate 3 enemies in a row with headshots
Vorpal – Eliminate a total of 25 enemies with melee attacks during your career
Combat Medic – Execute a total of 25 teammate revives during your career
Armed to the Teeth – Unlock all weapons for use in Campaign Mode
I Call Her Vera – Master a weapon in any mode
Oracle – Collect an Intel item in a Story Campaign mission
Hidden Trophies (15)
Silver
Covert Ops – As Forty-Five, successfully maintain stealth in a Story Campaign mission
Over Achiever – Complete a Custom Campaign mission on every map in either Single-player or Co-op
Millennial Slayer – Eliminate a total of 1000 enemies during your career
Expert Tactician – Complete a Story Campaign mission using only your teammates to eliminate enemies
Information Warfare – Collect all Intel in the Story Campaign
Hidden Trophy (1)
Gold
Best of the Best – Complete the Story Campaign on Elite Difficulty
Above and Beyond – Complete a total of 100 objectives during your career
Shiny! – Master a weapon of each class in any mode
The Elite 45thAs Forty-Five, stealth kill a total of 45 enemies in the Story Campaign
Platinum
All is Said, All is Done – Obtain all Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies in SOCOM

Where are the online trophies?????

[quote name='smiggity']http://www.socom.com/en-us/Blog/Post.aspx?id=404I Call Her Vera – Master a weapon in any mode[/QUOTE]

Good to know that Zipper appreciates the Whedon.

Also, I'm very happy there are very few online trophies.

Also, you can clearly see that the modes were created with respawn in mind, seriously how the fuck does the bomb squad mode seem fun in anyway without respawns. It will just turn into supression.

If they put a count on the respawn it could work. When we used to do the CAG rooms when confrontation just came out and gave everyone a couple respawns it wasn't bad.

[quote name='MisterBee']Gold: I know you are way better than I will ever be, but what are your opinion about this set of irons:

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/Cobra-Mens-S3-Max-Irons---Steel-4-GW/SP11S3MAXST4GW/Product

If I can get that price instore, I plan on jumping on them in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure these irons will play and feel great. I had a X-speed cobra driver that I played for a few years and loved it. The ball would jump off the face of that club and it always had a solid feel to it. I sold it last year because it was a 7.5 degree and I wasn't playing enough to be able to control it any more. Switched to a 9 degree Ping and lost about 25 yards but the forgiveness on the Ping makes up for it. I'd have no problem playing Cobra irons.

We're still getting snow here in MN and are at least a month away from courses opening....so maybe the PSN+ isn't such a bad idea for an extra week of Socom. I also wasn't planning on buying Tiger Woods this year; but hearing that Augusta is in the game will change that decision. I really wish all the dlc courses would import in.

I'm at my father-in-law's for the weekend. He's got a movie theater with an eight foot 1080p screen. I brought my ps3 this time looking forward to some Socom on that screen, but when I got the title screen the game wouldn't go because his Internet is too slow. Total bummer.

bread's done
Back