CAG takes the weekend off...sorry!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Ok, here is the short version of the story of the CAG outtage.

After the recent "hacking" incident, I was obviously concerned about security. I hired a server admin service that specialized in security. We found his posting on a website that is community of web admins.

Without getting too technical, he basically screwed up some stuff and then put up a firewall which blocked all admin access (himself included) to the server. We had to contact the hosting company (the place where the server lives) and they had to bring down the firewall from the console. The hosting company also says there was a hardware problem too, but that seems like a strange coincidence/unlikely.

Obviously I got a refund from the security company but the whole thing was a complete nightmare.

Special thanks to Defender and Evitoo for getting us back online!
Issues:
*Clock is an hour off.

I think the time may be an hour fast. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Forgot to mention, thanks for getting the site back up! I've really been missing it.

ya, I couldn't live a week without CAG nowadays..

I thought CAG got hit or something. It's great the site is back up so soon.

I clicked my shortcut on my browser for CAG at least 200 times. Most of it was unintentionally, just out of habit and whatnot.

[quote name='Scorch']I clicked my shortcut on my browser for CAG at least 200 times. Most of it was unintentionally, just out of habit and whatnot.[/quote]

Imagine how many times I clicked on the Support page at my host!

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']I just wasted my entire kid's college fund on crap games because I had no CAG!!!![/quote]

Yeah me too. I spent $50 each on the Hobbit, Primal and Bloodrayne 1 - all from Buy Rite games.

Thank Heavens its back!

I'm glad CAG is back. I received an email notifying me that gametour was hacked. I think that might be one of defender's other sites. I was guessing it may have been related to CAG's disappearance.

[quote name='MadChedar0']I was afraid Best Buy shut CAG down, nice to see it's back up.[/quote]

nah, the plan to take CAG offline was hatched by the masterminds at GameFAQs :D

I am so glad CAG is back I have been spending my day reading the GameFAQ boards an I have lost at least 50 to 60 IQ points.

Do you know how much I miss this site before I go out and do my Sunday shopping? I plan where I go based on who's selling what cheap in their Sunday ads.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Do you know how much I miss this site before I go out and do my Sunday shopping? I plan where I go based on who's selling what cheap in their Sunday ads.[/quote]

was searching a fun stumble site and came upon this image, my gift to you P.A.D.

A day and a half in realtime is like an eternity in internet time. I'm assuming the security guy got handed a red shirt and sent on an away mission?

Anyway, good job in getting it back up before the weekend was over.

I was having some serious withdrawals. It's great to see CAG back up and running smoothly again. I nearly bought a couple $50 games and a full price DS :shock:. The horror to just think of it.

For a little while i thought something was wrong with my computer, or trying to make me mad. Had nothing to do all weekend. Glad to see it up and running again!!!!!

At first I thought it was either my computer acting up, or my campus internet blocking the site. Man, I had to have refreshed the CAG home page a hundred times over the last day or two. Glad to see that everything is pretty much back to normal.

Glad to hear things a relatively back to normal. I was getting concerned for a second. I missed the forums and the people more than anything.

bread's done
Back