CAG Trader Ratings now up and running! DO NOT POST HERE UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']He hasn't been active since then, so he probably is actually on vacation? And besides, feedback is optional; if I had feedback for every trade I've done I'd have like 10 more in my rating.[/QUOTE]

Feedback is optional, though highly recommended, yes.

I had 7-8 "outstanding feedback" from prior trades, and still have one outstanding, with the other party not replying to my PM's.

Sometimes it happens, yes. Even to me.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']ok, but I just wanted it, becuase being my first deal on CAG, I think it would look better if I had one feedback instead of zero when I'm trading but thanks I didn't see that.[/QUOTE]

In realistic terms, one feedback is just one more than zero. Ten deals done successfully is the "magic" mark when you're not considered a trading noob. 1 or 0, you'd still be treated with the same level of caution.

The other party can't be forced to give feedback, all you can do is to give it to them and hope they'll reciprocate. 99.9% of the time, it won't be an issue.

And in any case, patience is a virtue. Don't forget that.

[quote name='shrike4242']
In realistic terms, one feedback is just one more than zero. Ten deals done successfully is the "magic" mark when you're not considered a trading noob. 1 or 0, you'd still be treated with the same level of caution.[/QUOTE]

I thought 5 was the magic number, with 10 being some sort of veteran level.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I thought 5 was the magic number, with 10 being some sort of veteran level.[/QUOTE]

10's been the magic number AFAIK. 5's been that you have a clue.

[quote name='shrike4242']10's been the magic number AFAIK. 5's been that you have a clue.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm well I guess I don't follow the standard procedure, nice to know.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Hmmmm well I guess I don't follow the standard procedure, nice to know.[/QUOTE]

As if this was ever a question?

Not to be picky...But in the original post is says

Features:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
• Rate another member: Positive (+1) / Negative (0) / Neutral (-1)

Shouldn't that say:

Features:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
• Rate another member: Positive (+1) / Neutral (0) / Negative (-1)

[quote name='shrike4242']No, STFU, uber-n00b. fuck your couch, as well. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It says JAFNG in your sig, thanks for coming out. :lol:

This kinda sucks. I just came back from hibernation and saw that none of my ratings exist. What's the easiest way to have them imported to the new system? I saw some confusing info posted before about an excel sheet. I only had a few, but starting from scratch would be like being reverting back to a virgin for me. hmm..

[quote name='rogerdarabbit']This kinda sucks. I just came back from hibernation and saw that none of my ratings exist. What's the easiest way to have them imported to the new system? I saw some confusing info posted before about an excel sheet. I only had a few, but starting from scratch would be like being reverting back to a virgin for me. hmm..[/QUOTE]

The only way it can be done is if those you traded with are willing to put you in again (in the new system) Ive not had much luck but its worth a shot.

[quote name='rogerdarabbit']This kinda sucks. I just came back from hibernation and saw that none of my ratings exist. What's the easiest way to have them imported to the new system? I saw some confusing info posted before about an excel sheet. I only had a few, but starting from scratch would be like being reverting back to a virgin for me. hmm..[/QUOTE]

The importing of old feedback into the system with an Excel spreadsheet was only done once, as it was something that could be done while the DB behind it was in flux.

Now that we've been up and running with it for almost three months, we can't afford do to that, since the DB needs be done to do the imports.

To get your old feedback into the system, the generally accepted way to do it has been to contact the other party in question and have them leave it for you, and you leave it for them.

Trade with zion!

Everyone has confidence in traders who send zion goodies.

Lets say someone gets ripped, but they had delivery confirmation. Is there any way to get it back? I am trading my ds and since i am new i will be sending first.

[quote name='xeverex18']Lets say someone gets ripped, but they had delivery confirmation. Is there any way to get it back? I am trading my ds and since i am new i will be sending first.[/QUOTE]

Insure it, first off. That'll make sure it'll be covered if it's damaged in shipment or lost.

If the DC shows it's been delivered, when it's insured, it'll require someone signing for it to take delivery of it, so it's covered that way.

is insurance the same as delivery confirmation? do i get insurance form the post office? What does DC mean? so i should go 2 the post office and ask to ship it with insurance and delivery confirmation or just insurance?

[quote name='xeverex18']so the cheapest would be media mail + insurance?[/QUOTE]

Since you would insure a DS for over $50 delivery confirmation is included. Typically with something that fragile it's better to send it Priority or first class so the package doesn't get as beat up in shipping.

[quote name='xeverex18']so the cheapest would be media mail + insurance?[/QUOTE]

You couldn't ship it media mail for your DS. Plus, insuring it for that much would raise a few eyebrows and could have the post office ask to open it and inspect it, which they can do for media mail.

Cheapest would be parcel post, though more times than not, Priority Mail would be about the same price and take much less time to get to the recipient.

[quote name='xeverex18']so i should go for priority mail WITH Insurance?[/QUOTE]

I'd ship it Priority Mail, with a Delivery Confirmation and enough insurance to cover the cost of the item you're selling + shipping. Make sure to pack it well and protect it to make the trip out there.

Doing it as Priority Mail + DC + Insurance will guarantee that someone has to sign for it to pick it up from the post office, or have it delivered.

My gf mother who works in a post office told me that insurance is a waste of money, since the post office will just say it's still in transit and most likely won't give you your money back. So possible YYMV.

[quote name='Ecofreak']My gf mother who works in a post office told me that insurance is a waste of money, since the post office will just say it's still in transit and most likely won't give you your money back. So possible YYMV.[/QUOTE]

Sounds strange since they include delivery confirmation with everything insured over I think its $50.

Bottom line insurance is really great for expensive items but not a great deal for something you picked up at Target for $20.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Sounds strange since they include delivery confirmation with everything insured over I think its $50.

Bottom line insurance is really great for expensive items but not a great deal for something you picked up at Target for $20.[/QUOTE]

yep i again agree with ziono on this one.

insurance for me has worked. a huge item was lost and post office gave me back money pretty easily.

Jeez, can't believe I was gone from the site for so long I missed an entire feedback overhaul. I take it the only way I can adjust feedback is to try and find old traders and leave feedback for each other now?

[quote name='goldengraham']Jeez, can't believe I was gone from the site for so long I missed an entire feedback overhaul. I take it the only way I can adjust feedback is to try and find old traders and leave feedback for each other now?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

bread's done
Back