CAG Uncharted 2 Clan. - 1/16/10 Saturday @ 7PST/10EST

[quote name='serenitygod']we doing this?[/QUOTE]

Would like to know as well, I am having the game shipped to me and would be down to play this with the clan and other people saturday/any other day of the week.

Played the beta, and loved it, rented the game a bit back and really liked it.
Hoping to play a few games with you guys soon.

Sorry guys, it totally slipped my mind that today was the game night (damn you MW2). I'll be there next week though, even though the turnout will probly be 1-2 people.

Last weekend I was on at this time and you were also in MW2 so I assumed it was off. Not nagging just wondering if people are still playing.

If anyone's looking to party up for U2, I'll have the game til' next Friday. Finished up SP, tried some MP, and I'm hoping we got peeps who still play and hopefully have a mic, because it's much more fun to chat :)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']If anyone's looking to party up for U2, I'll have the game til' next Friday. Finished up SP, tried some MP, and I'm hoping we got peeps who still play and hopefully have a mic, because it's much more fun to chat :)[/QUOTE]

I'll be on tonight after 9pm central and Monday and Tuesday as well. Will try to add you and others as friends. We need to get this is going. I can't believe this game isn't as regular as it should be.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I'll be on tonight after 9pm central and Monday and Tuesday as well. Will try to add you and others as friends. We need to get this is going. I can't believe this game isn't as regular as it should be.[/QUOTE]
I've been having a lot of fun in MP, competitive and coop alike.

Send me a FR when you're on, then we can party up. I'll be playing for a couple more hours.

I'll be playing this practically every day til' Friday, or unless I get called in for work.

Hey everyone, just sent out about 50 FRs. Covered most everyone on the thread as far as I could tell

Hope to see you online. Looks like Infi_Shini and are going to play (mb co-op?) tonight if anyone wants in.

We're on right now.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Hey everyone, just sent out about 50 FRs. Covered most everyone on the thread as far as I could tell

Hope to see you online. Looks like Infi_Shini and are going to play (mb co-op?) tonight if anyone wants in.

We're on right now.[/QUOTE]

I got it, sounds good. :applause: Good job on sending out all those F/R
I am getting the game this week, and will be down for Co-op or competitive.

Who else thinks this game's online reminds them ALOT of Warhawk? The levels you can play in seem sort of meh and the opponents always seem to camp the powerful weapon spawn points.

I played this exactly ONE time online and I had enough of it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who else thinks this game's online reminds them ALOT of Warhawk? The levels you can play in seem sort of meh and the opponents always seem to camp the powerful weapon spawn points.

I played this exactly ONE time online and I had enough of it.[/QUOTE]

every online game you play has cheap players its a given and for those people who camp areas toss a grenade and laugh. if this is the one time you played it online expect to get beat down most people have had plenty of practice with the mp from the demos to the betas. if you ever choose to play again party up with some people that will give you a better chance and limit cheapness.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']I got it, sounds good. :applause: Good job on sending out all those F/R
I am getting the game this week, and will be down for Co-op or competitive.[/QUOTE]

Inf_Shini and I had a good time tonight. Played about 3 or 4 rounds of co-op with a random third.

Hope to see others online tomorrow night after having a chance to get the FR.

Join us!

[quote name='lokizz']every online game you play has cheap players its a given and for those people who camp areas toss a grenade and laugh. if this is the one time you played it online expect to get beat down most people have had plenty of practice with the mp from the demos to the betas. if you ever choose to play again party up with some people that will give you a better chance and limit cheapness.[/QUOTE]

I should play the mp again, since I have no other games to play and try to beat right now, unless I wanna try finishing Mercenaries 2 finally.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I should play the mp again, since I have no other games to play and try to beat right now, unless I wanna try finishing Mercenaries 2 finally.:lol:[/QUOTE]

its worth giving time to the game is amazing ad they do things right with their mp that other games should take notice of. the only other mp i play is gta and thats only for races. if uncharted 2 had car races that would be the only mp id ever play. if you are going to try it again join up with some of the cags in this post i believe a few of them are playing tonight.

[quote name='lokizz']its worth giving time to the game is amazing ad they do things right with their mp that other games should take notice of. the only other mp i play is gta and thats only for races. if uncharted 2 had car races that would be the only mp id ever play. if you are going to try it again join up with some of the cags in this post i believe a few of them are playing tonight.[/QUOTE]

Well, right now GTA IV's mp is the only one I really play. I'd love to play Red Faction's online, but unfortunately it doesn't like my slow ass high speed connection.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Inf_Shini and I had a good time tonight. Played about 3 or 4 rounds of co-op with a random third.

Join us![/QUOTE]
Yea it was fun while it lasted (Mics FTW!).

I wanted to keep going but you caught me at a bad time, I just had to jet because I had to keep dropping the game to go do stuff :/

I'll be on U2 pretty much every day til' Friday.

The survival mode is pretty fun. I was playing that with a PSN friend early this morning, though those enemies are a royal pita and they seem like much better shots than the ones in single player.

I kept getting killed every time I turned around and my friend had to revive me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The survival mode is pretty fun. I was playing that with a PSN friend early this morning, though those enemies are a royal pita and they seem like much better shots than the ones in single player.

I kept getting killed every time I turned around and my friend had to revive me.[/QUOTE]
Yea, that's what it seems like :/

I'm diggin' the coop survival also, it's a nice challenging mode if you want to get away from the competitve a-holes :)

The one thing that really annoys me are those enemies who can just get you in a stranglehold and take you out. If your buddies are across the map, you're screwed.

If you're on send me a FR, I'll be hopping on U2 in probably an hour.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Inf_Shini and I had a good time tonight. Played about 3 or 4 rounds of co-op with a random third.

Join us![/QUOTE]

I just got the game this morning:bouncy:
Down to play some co-op if your later tonight?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea it was fun while it lasted (Mics FTW!).

I wanted to keep going but you caught me at a bad time, I just had to jet because I had to keep dropping the game to go do stuff :/

I'll be on U2 pretty much every day til' Friday.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'll send you a F/R

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']I just got the game this morning:bouncy:
Down to play some co-op if your later tonight?

Nice! I'll send you a F/R[/QUOTE]

Love to play some more. I'll be on sometime around 9 or 9:30 CT.

Up for co-op or hth if we have more who want to play.

Dr. SP/ChizelMonkee

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, that's what it seems like :/

I'm diggin' the coop survival also, it's a nice challenging mode if you want to get away from the competitve a-holes :)

The one thing that really annoys me are those enemies who can just get you in a stranglehold and take you out. If your buddies are across the map, you're screwed.

If you're on send me a FR, I'll be hopping on U2 in probably an hour.[/QUOTE]

My one buddy and I stuck together in the same room basically and just kept plugging the guys as they came up the one set of steps and around the corner and into our little 'ambush'. But towards the end of our time playing they were seemingly running into the room and getting either him or me in a stranglehold every other second.

We played in the village level and for some reason we just could NOT find a place in that level that seemed safe enough to hunker down and fend them off from. Between the grenades flying from every direction to the 5-8 snipers that seemed to surround us by the 5th or so level, we were SOL.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Love to play some more. I'll be on sometime around 9 or 9:30 CT.

Up for co-op or hth if we have more who want to play.

Dr. SP/ChizelMonkee[/QUOTE]

I'll be on around that time if your down, just got UC2 this morning. Just sent ou a few F/R so we can get this started.

Going to be on in about 10 mins if anyone wants to join in the fun. Will probably play co-op if there are three or less of us, moving to h-t-h if we have more.

Had some more good co-op tonight. Played on Hard though which is, well, hard. Can't say I did so well personally.

For the 2.5 hours I was on tonight, I counted about 8 CAGers who responded to this initial thread. 5 of which were playing Uncharted at some point.

I think with a bit more of getting the word out and coordination we can get a group big enough to do some head to head either among ourselves or with others.

I started a chat room. If I see you online, I'll probably invite you to it. It helps coordinate at the beginning without sending a bunch of message via PSN email.

Will be on a bit tomorrow night as well. Hope to see you there.

PhishingGypsy - sorry I missed you tonight. Was in the middle of co-op when you joined.

I have never gotten mine to work. I tell it to connect and the symbol turns blue then connect fades (must be telling me it is connected) but I never get a microphone signal when playing games and friends never hear me, what can I do oh technical masters?

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Had some more good co-op tonight. Played on Hard though which is, well, hard. Can't say I did so well personally.

For the 2.5 hours I was on tonight, I counted about 8 CAGers who responded to this initial thread. 5 of which were playing Uncharted at some point.

I think with a bit more of getting the word out and coordination we can get a group big enough to do some head to head either among ourselves or with others.

I started a chat room. If I see you online, I'll probably invite you to it. It helps coordinate at the beginning without sending a bunch of message via PSN email.

Will be on a bit tomorrow night as well. Hope to see you there.

PhishingGypsy - sorry I missed you tonight. Was in the middle of co-op when you joined.[/QUOTE]

Its ok. I was leaving 5 minutes after. Really fun game, and I mean REALLY FUN.

I think if we organize this thread better, take out clan members who don't get on, and than have somebody host/start up the matches. We will get this clan going up in no time.

[quote name='LordKefka06']I'll be hosting the normal Saturday night game, but I might have 1 on Thursday , so Shini can make it.[/QUOTE]
I wont be able to play til' Friday. I returned it early so I could have some $$ to get in on the Amazon deal, but I'll be getting my paycheck on Friday so I'll be good to go then, unless I actually work on Friday :p

I'll find out today.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My one buddy and I stuck together in the same room basically and just kept plugging the guys as they came up the one set of steps and around the corner and into our little 'ambush'. But towards the end of our time playing they were seemingly running into the room and getting either him or me in a stranglehold every other second.

We played in the village level and for some reason we just could NOT find a place in that level that seemed safe enough to hunker down and fend them off from. Between the grenades flying from every direction to the 5-8 snipers that seemed to surround us by the 5th or so level, we were SOL.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't it have 3 slots open for coop? Anywho, it seems like in any map you really don't have a safe zone to camp it out. Doesn't help when you have those spec ops and Minigun dudes running around all over the place :/

That's part of the fun for me though :p

I tend run around constantly and prefer to stay in large open spaces so I can see where they're all coming from, and get familiar with where they pop out so I can pick them off quicker. My method gets me in a lot of close calls :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I wont be able to play til' Friday. I returned it early so I could have some $$ to get in on the Amazon deal, but I'll be getting my paycheck on Friday so I'll be good to go then, unless I actually work on Friday :p

I'll find out today.

Doesn't it have 3 slots open for coop? Anywho, it seems like in any map you really don't have a safe zone to camp it out. Doesn't help when you have those spec ops and Minigun dudes running around all over the place :/

I tend run around constantly and prefer to stay in large open spaces so I can see where they're all coming from, and get familiar with where they pop out so I can pick them off quicker. My method gets me in a lot of close calls :D[/QUOTE]

if youre doing arena co-op you can sometimes end up with just 2 people playing. depending on the level youre on that can suck.

2 people is ok on survival. You just need to know where to go. I usually beat it with 2 ppl either dying once or not at all. This includes a couple of places in the village. the lost city. the sanctuary and if your really good the plaza.

Going to be on tonight in about 10 mins. (~9pm central). If I see any of you online, I'll invite you to the chat room to organize. Would love to have enough for a little head to head.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Doesn't it have 3 slots open for coop? Anywho, it seems like in any map you really don't have a safe zone to camp it out. Doesn't help when you have those spec ops and Minigun dudes running around all over the place :/

I tend run around constantly and prefer to stay in large open spaces so I can see where they're all coming from, and get familiar with where they pop out so I can pick them off quicker. My method gets me in a lot of close calls :D[/QUOTE]

I think there's 3 slots for co-op, though I'm not sure since I only played it the other night for the first time. As for safe spots, we were camping out in the room it first spawned us in. There was a hole in the floor that led to an underground tunnel and sometimes one of those riot shield guys would creep up to the end of it and we'd have to pick them off.

But otherwise, we mainly stayed in that first room and just kept picking off the guys as they came into the room or as they rounded the corners.

We made it to the level where there were some more heavily armored guys starting to show up, but I don't think any of the mini gun guys were showing up yet.

As for playing competitively, if I played against some fellow CAG's or on the same team as some of you, then I might consider it. But when I was playing against random people the one night I just got very annoyed with how easily I was getting popped.:roll:

Another round of co-op with some CAGs tonight. Me, twztid13 and Bombsquad07 played together. Good times.

Also heard from some folks who may be interested for later in the week. We need just a few more to do our own thing and play head to head like Cheapest was saying.

I'm off for a night or two while I travel for work. Maybe be back Thursday night and definitely for Friday. Also looking forward to Saturday. Hope that we get some good turnout for that.

my thoughts on online:
I think hd -> hd is ok but prefer co-op. the other is usually a power dominated game. Deathmatch RPGS is just like spam fire button and camp. Plunder is nice and involves strategy, this is also its greatest weakness when you are playing randomly against a team who has headsets and ranked emblems.
sniper rifles and pistole. There is an easy way to dominate.
Co-op is great for me though b/c even if someone dies like all the time, as long as you know where to go you can save the team and if your teammates stick with you your not going to lose.

This is all good and nice but, don't pay any attention to the strategy guide. It sucks the guy who made it, must not have even played the game. It says things like 'throw the treasure over the side so it respawns in the middle' this doesn't work it respawns on the side of the map. If you are really into tactics and stuff I will give you a strategy that works for co-op ahead...

In the Village, lots of options here... (1).sniper teams by side respawn point for enemies (opposite of your spawn point) have someone cover the middle to revive a downed sniper on either side and get grenades b/c they are right there. (2). The north and south sides of the map have 1 entrance/exit is easily defensible. (3). the three sided house is easy esp. with 3 people. If things aren't working out their is an inner alcove so the enemies have to go in and around to get to you (I have never shared this part with even my friends list).

In the lost city, Stairs are easily defensible just cover both sides.
I am not going to divulge the best spot here though.

I trust beg/Int players will find it useful if anyone wants to know about other maps send me a message and I will give you tips or friend request me.

[quote name='serenitygod']my thoughts on online:
I think hd -> hd is ok but prefer co-op. the other is usually a power dominated game. Deathmatch RPGS is just like spam fire button and camp. Plunder is nice and involves strategy, this is also its greatest weakness when you are playing randomly against a team who has headsets and ranked emblems.
sniper rifles and pistole. There is an easy way to dominate.
Co-op is great for me though b/c even if someone dies like all the time, as long as you know where to go you can save the team and if your teammates stick with you your not going to lose.

This is all good and nice but, don't pay any attention to the strategy guide. It sucks the guy who made it, must not have even played the game. It says things like 'throw the treasure over the side so it respawns in the middle' this doesn't work it respawns on the side of the map. If you are really into tactics and stuff I will give you a strategy that works for co-op ahead...

In the Village, lots of options here... (1).sniper teams by side respawn point for enemies (opposite of your spawn point) have someone cover the middle to revive a downed sniper on either side and get grenades b/c they are right there. (2). The north and south sides of the map have 1 entrance/exit is easily defensible. (3). the three sided house is easy esp. with 3 people. If things aren't working out their is an inner alcove so the enemies have to go in and around to get to you (I have never shared this part with even my friends list).

In the lost city, Stairs are easily defensible just cover both sides.
I am not going to divulge the best spot here though.

I trust beg/Int players will find it useful if anyone wants to know about other maps send me a message and I will give you tips or friend request me.[/QUOTE]

the treasure tossing trick used to work but they fixed it so you couldnt do that anymore. i can see why folks get intimidated by higher rank players but to be honest rank doesnt mean much. ive see low rank players kick ass and high rank players go without kiling anyone.

I have seen low ranked players do that as well. Some were on my friends list and they usually had a higher ranking account that they weren't using.

The treasure thing you may be right but if it was patched it was in the first week. I think that is from the beta you are thinking of.

There are other things wrong with the strategy guide like strategy...
say for plunder it tells you to go up the stairs on lost city (yeah ok, I only died like everytime I tried).

[quote name='serenitygod']I have seen low ranked players do that as well. Some were on my friends list and they usually had a higher ranking account that they weren't using.

The treasure thing you may be right but if it was patched it was in the first week. I think that is from the beta you are thinking of.

There are other things wrong with the strategy guide like strategy...
say for plunder it tells you to go up the stairs on lost city (yeah ok, I only died like everytime I tried).[/QUOTE]

to win at plunder you need a solid team thas why never play it i get frustrated when everyone goes off on their own to do whatever and nobody tries to protect the one carrying the treasure. as long as 2 people follow the treasure holder , one stays in the fort to keep enemies from camping inside it near the treasure chest and another goes around to kill enemies you should do ok. thats one of those games youd do well to have headsets when playing.

Best advice I can give is pretty much universal FPS advice - Be quick and accurate, keep everything in front of you, or at the very least, keep moving so you don't get flanked.

Survival mode is simple. Stay in one spot and let them rush. Survival mode is lame that it ends in 10 rounds. Should at least hit 15.

Do Coop Objective on Crushing. Now that is some intense shit

[quote name='smiggity']Survival mode is simple. Stay in one spot and let them rush. Survival mode is lame that it ends in 10 rounds. Should at least hit 15.

Do Coop Objective on Crushing. Now that is some intense shit[/QUOTE]

whats the most you can make doing co-op on crushing and finishing it?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Best advice I can give is pretty much universal FPS advice - Be quick and accurate, keep everything in front of you, or at the very least, keep moving so you don't get flanked.[/QUOTE]

The quick part I have no issue with, but the accuracy part....therein lies the rub.:lol:

At times I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an RPG.:roll:

But if you guys get together a decent sized group I'll definitely play some competitive.

[quote name='lokizz']whats the most you can make doing co-op on crushing and finishing it?[/QUOTE]

Cant remember exactly but it was like 40k for finishing. If you want to rank up, coop is not the place. You get more points per minute in competitive

bread's done
Back