CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

It is a lot funner with people. :lol:
If you're free the night we do this again you should at least show up for a bit... be warned... voip isn't Borderlands bad, but it isn't that good either. :lol:

I'd be up for any rotation, but I always got bored on any map with jetpacks :bomb: I think Freaky is in the same boat as me on that one.
The DLC has been cheap so often lately that I think its necessary. Plus, we need the APC! I still remember those crazy APC jumps we'd do on that snow map. But hey, whatever gets the players out. If we had more than 8 on I'd be surprised, but I think the maps you use would unfortunately have to be small.
One suggestion to keep the night interesting in case a bunch of "noobs" do show up (Randy, maybe others), WH veterans should be aware of team balancing and switch sides. Nothing kills the night like having DD, Freaky, and Zen all one one team. :hot: That reminds me, who was it that always had a hard-on for the TOW missiles, was that Zen?

Would Sunday nights work?

I would not oppose having a Warhawk night again... I was actually thinking Sunday as well Cthulhu8u, since I usually have nothing going on Sunday nights. What do you guys think? I think this calls for a poll. ;)

Also, Cthulhu8u knows us TOO well... :D

People still play Warhawk? I had the game for all of about maybe 6 months and that was about a year or so ago. If you get stuck playing against vets and not other noobs who don't know what the fuck they're doing it's a constant slaughter and totally annoying.

I think I traded my copy for a whopping $1.80 at Gamestop last summer. Best decision I ever made.

The last update was years ago... I'm pretty sure it was the one that added Hero and Collection.

I'm thinking of maybe a monthly night instead of weekly.

[quote name='mguiddy']The last update was years ago... I'm pretty sure it was the one that added Hero and Collection.

I'm thinking of maybe a monthly night instead of weekly.[/QUOTE]
isn't that the kind of schedule that killed warhawk night last time?

Played Warhawk for the first time today, with DD. It's crazy fun!

I can't commit to playing every Sunday night but I'll be around this Sunday night, if some folks want to get together.

[quote name='ThreeRandomWords']isn't that the kind of schedule that killed warhawk night last time?[/QUOTE]
We were still playing every week when we had a few weeks with no one showing up, so I think the twice weekly with the same 6-8 guys with the same maps is what killed it last time. :lol:

Still have the game, still need to get a new PS3. But we are about to move and need to buy lots of new things for it.. :(

[quote name='fuss']Still have the game, still need to get a new PS3. But we are about to move and need to buy lots of new things for it.. :([/QUOTE]
Is your PS3 dead? If it's not completely dead and you've never cracked it open, why not take it in for the Gamestop $200 trade in promo they're doing right now till mid month?

Oh and Sunday is the night for Red Dead Redemption....assuming anyone ever shows up on a Sunday anymore.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is your PS3 dead? If it's not completely dead and you've never cracked it open, why not take it in for the Gamestop $200 trade in promo they're doing right now till mid month?

Oh and Sunday is the night for Red Dead Redemption....assuming anyone ever shows up on a Sunday anymore.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

it has been cracked... :cold:

[quote name='fuss']it has been cracked... :cold:[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Otherwise you could've just did like I think many are doing and dump it off on GS before their promo ends. Personally, I'd still try since you never know. You might get an employee who is not paying attention and they take it in during a busy time without testing it.;)

Yeah I have this too still. Not enough value to trade in and I still have fond memories of old CAG nights. I'll see if I can join too if anyone gets this going .

I don't think so... I was debating it, but I feel pretty shitty and I need to finish Saboteur before RDR shows up.

Is everyone (besides cheapest) okay with Sundays? Maybe every other week? We'll see how many people show.

[quote name='mguiddy']I don't think so... I was debating it, but I feel pretty shitty and I need to finish Saboteur before RDR shows up.

Is everyone (besides cheapest) okay with Sundays? Maybe every other week? We'll see how many people show.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine for Sunday as mentioned, weekly or every other week is also great. DD, could you ding me online in case you start playing tonight?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Was this on for tonight? If not I'm off to slog through some Borderlands.[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting(and waiting and waiting) for my one buddy to get done with my copy of Borderlands. Hopefully before Doomsday(or before it's TIV drops any frickin' lower:roll:)I'll have it back, be able to beat it and dump it off on Gamestop or wherever.

[quote name='mguiddy']I don't think so... I was debating it, but I feel pretty shitty and I need to finish Saboteur before RDR shows up.

Is everyone (besides cheapest) okay with Sundays? Maybe every other week? We'll see how many people show.[/QUOTE]
Just going by how many people I've seen on my friends list as of late NOT playing RDR who were playing it before, I have a feeling that the RDR game night was DOA, just like the GTA Episodes one was.

Mind ya I really don't give a shit, since I only really play the free roam in either game anyway, so I'm still able to enjoy the portion of the game that I enjoy.:D

Alright... I guess we'll try this next week. Sundays I guess, at the usual time, we could always move it if needed, maybe back to Friday or Saturday.

DLC won't be required for the first 4-5 rounds.

OK, you Warhawk vets, I have a question.

I have the game (on disc) and the "Fallen Star" booster pack from PSN+ that supposedly has a rocket pack and new map. I've only played the game briefly myself but my son is really into playing it. He says he has been in games where everyone has the rocket pack but for whatever reason he can't use it. He says we do have access to the map that came with the booster pack though. Is there some trick to using it? Is there something maybe he's missing? Or is this some limitation to PSN+? Any help would be appreciated. ;)

You (or he...) has to get a jetpack before he can use it. They spawn in a device (pictured somewhat down the article here). Then it's R2 to thrust, double R2 to boost, and L2 to hover.

[quote name='mguiddy']You (or he...) has to get a jetpack before he can use it. They spawn in a device (pictured somewhat down the article here). Then it's R2 to thrust, double R2 to boost, and L2 to hover.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks - I'll have to ask him about that tomorrow. He may have thought it would be like a weapon spawn.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but over at Goozex, Warhawk is being done again tonight as this week's PS3 night game. The last time we Warhawk was done, back in July, quite a few CAG'ers came out from this thread to join in, and it was a fun time, so I'd thought I'd drop by and give a heads up.

If you want to join in, go to this link and post in the thread with your PSN ID. All the details/instructions are in the first post of the thread.

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/57872.aspx

Thanks!

My son has figured out all the pack upgrades (and now we have them all thanks to the free download from PS+). He plays it all the time now.

But just today he asked me for another game that is like Warhawk. Do you guys have any suggestions? He wants some online multiplayer game in the same vein. It would be a plus if it had a single-player campaign too, though that isn't 100% required. I was thinking maybe MAG? It can be third or first-person, though I always prefer the third-person stuff myself.

He really wants me to get him Halo Reach but I'm hesitant for a couple of reasons. For one, he can continue to play for free on PSN whereas I'd have to waste my valuable Gold sub codes on the 360 ;). But also, we've just missed out on all the launch deals for Reach. Had he asked me the week it came out I might have gotten it at Kmart or something (for the $25 coupon). Now, there are no deals...

So I was thinking maybe MAG since it dropped to $29.99 or one of the Call of Duty type games. I know NOTHING about those so I'm relying on you guys to let me know what is at least somewhat similar to Warhawk...

The Battlefield series is extremely similar to Warhawk. Warhawk is almost a "clone" of it in a way. There's troop, ground, and air combat and a zones type mode as well as a "rush" mode where you have to push forward and take enemy bases.

I've never played MAG, so can't comment on it.

There is no other game like Warhawk. While the Battlefield series share the same elements as Warhawk (troop to vehicle combat) it however does not bring in the same kind of dog fighting element that Warhawk has.

MAG is nothing like Warhawk. Battlefield is the only series that comes close, but even then BF is more of a FPS first than anything else.

OK, yeah, thanks... he definitely likes the ability to hop in and out of different vehicles, so I'll check that out. I'm sure he wouldn't mind mixing it up as bit, though, so some changes are OK (first person, etc).

Why, oh why, can't we get a next gen Star Wars Battlefront!? We'd both like to play that and it is pretty similar to Warhawk in terms of being a TPS, driving/flying, etc...

[quote name='io']Why, oh why, can't we get a next gen Star Wars Battlefront!? We'd both like to play that and it is pretty similar to Warhawk in terms of being a TPS, driving/flying, etc...[/QUOTE]

Lord of the Rings: Conquest is as close to next-gen Battlefront as you can get. Same guys that made the Battlefront series, but for PS3 and using the LOTR universe. It was splitscreen co-op and had online play, but I think EA killed the online and the studio (Pandemic?) went under. Very much a Battlefront game though, different classes, mounts etc. If you don't mind elves instead of human snipers, you could try that.

doing a little thread necromancy here, but if anyone is still interested in playing some Warhawk multiplayer (it's an old game, but one that some people still enjoy), Goozex is doing their first Warhawk game night in quite some time tomorrow (Wednesday night).

I know last year a bunch of CAG'ers from this thread came out to the Goozex Warhawk night and had a lot of fun, so I thought I drop this heads up about this Warhawk night here.

Details are here. You can sign up by replying to the thread linked:

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/57872.aspx

bread's done
Back