CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

I just got warhawk about a week ago. I would love to play with you guys on the occasion. I probably won't be able to make it as much as I would like as I am fairly busy Fridays and Saturdays.

Other nights though, I would love to play with the regulars.

Also, whats the deal with the booster packs? From what I have read here, The "booster pack" matches start at the 8th game you play for the night.

Are the booster packs good (AKA worth is to a CAG)? Do they add a lot to the gameplay? Also, is there a large number of players with the expansion packs to make it worthwhile?

PSN: BlueScrote850

[quote name='BlueScrote']I just got warhawk about a week ago. I would love to play with you guys on the occasion. I probably won't be able to make it as much as I would like as I am fairly busy Fridays and Saturdays.

Also, whats the deal with the booster packs? From what I have read here, The "booster pack" matches start at the 8th game you play for the night.

Are the booster packs good (AKA worth is to a CAG)? Do they add a lot to the gameplay? Also, is there a large number of players with the expansion packs to make it worthwhile?

PSN: BlueScrote850[/quote]

I usually do boosters starting the 7th match on Saturdays.

Some of the boosters are good, but if you're getting them, it's best just to get the pack of all three. I don't usually buy DLC, but I bought the boosters. Each adds a new map and a new "vehicle (drop ship, APC, jetpacks)". And yes, there are quite a few that have the expansions. I'd definitely say buy them if you're sure you're going to play Warhawk a lot (CAG nights or not).

CAG PS3 Gaming is the lightbulb to my lamp. :applause:

By the way Zen, did you eat lucky charms this morning? Because your looking magically delicous.:mrgreen:

I kid I kid.

Quote me and put that in your sigs

[quote name='ChiefsFan21']

By the way Zen, did you eat lucky charms this morning? Because your looking magically delicous.:mrgreen:

I kid I kid.

Quote me and put that in your sigs[/quote]

Not yet. You haven't earned it.:nottalking:

[quote name='BlueScrote']I just got warhawk about a week ago. I would love to play with you guys on the occasion. I probably won't be able to make it as much as I would like as I am fairly busy Fridays and Saturdays.

[/quote]
Count me in with this. I've only played the demo so far, so I need to practice for a while before I embarass myself with online play.

Eventually I'll show up.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was debating about hosting tonight, but I'll go ahead. I really don't expect the same turnout this week, but I'll be there if people want me to.[/quote]
I will be there!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Map rotation put together. The LAST two maps are boosters. LOTS of dogfight tonight. :D[/quote]

Woo hoo... lots of time for me to clean up around the house.

[quote name='mguiddy']Woo hoo... lots of time for me to clean up around the house.[/QUOTE]Well, one DM, Hero, and TDM one. I just decided to do more than usual. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, one DM, Hero, and TDM one. I just decided to do more than usual. ;)[/quote]
Doesn't matter to me. :lol: Lots of people like dogfights... I can do without. ;)

[quote name='aihuman']Ugh,I dont like dog fights or anyone in a Warhawk I consider Warhawk kills cheap kills.[/quote]
I only consider point blank TOW kills cheap kills.
*you know who I'm looking at*

*still thinks Incog should implement a "minimum range before TOW becomes armed" feature*

[quote name='aihuman']Ugh,I dont like dog fights or anyone in a Warhawk I consider Warhawk kills cheap kills.[/quote]

Dude, seriously. I can't count how many times I've been just walking around minding my own business and then some guy starts shooting me with a gun, or throws a grenade at me. WTF is their problem.

[quote name='mguiddy']I only consider point blank TOW kills cheap kills.
*you know who I'm looking at*

*still thinks Incog should implement a "minimum range before TOW becomes armed" feature*[/quote]

I'd like them to do either that or change it so instead of the missile shooting out of the plane, it just detonates instantly.

[quote name='metaly']Dude, seriously. I can't count how many times I've been just walking around minding my own business and then some guy starts shooting me with a gun, or throws a grenade at me. WTF is their problem.

I'd like them to do either that or change it so instead of the missile shooting out of the plane, it just detonates instantly.[/quote]
:lol:

I like that idea better!:cool:

Thanks for hosting ManaKnight. You should really call this your radio show. And you aren't even close to as old as me--but I'm not saying how close.

LoonKnight--I'm pretty sure it was you--but it might have been freakyzeeky--you guys need to turn down your mics. You showed up as talking the entire time, and my POS warhawk headset was destroying my ear.

MK- add me to the clan please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, how do I learn to not suck at this game? Any tips on how to figure out what's going on, or do I need to just play a ton?

I need a lot more practice... And sorry about the noise from my kids, everyone. Hopefully I turned off my mic soon enough. :) Good games though!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Map rotation put together. The LAST two maps are boosters. LOTS of dogfight tonight. :D[/quote]
man i just got the game and dont have any boosters yet, im trying to get them via gameshare by trading SSHD bundel, toy home, toy home expansion, lbp loco roco costume pack, lbp street fighter costume pack alll for the 3 booster and no one will trade yet, i dont think any one has them really

If you are still new to the game hop on the rookie servers - I think they are the green ones. But they should all be filled with n00bs. Or if you want to learn the hard way - hop in an expert server.

Just put in time and you'll pick up on things. Either learn with the n00bs on the rookie servers, or pay attention to what the vets are doing when they play. Another good night of Warhawk.. I think we had either 12 or 15 people at one point... glad to see it's still going strong. There was a point where I had a phone call and was messing around and just throwing grenades and running with my one hand and I actually got someone :D

Last night was fun, I think there were more people playing then we had before all the big holiday games came out (and some of us were scared warhawk nights wouldn't last...).

As far as learning the game try to focus on ground combat/turrets first (homing missle turrets can rack of the kills), then go for the jeep and tank. Finally when you think you have the hang of things take to a warhawk. I still almost never use a warhawk in non-dog fights unless I want to get somewhere fast and get out. Also remember to use grenades, they are good in any situation.

Speaking of which I prefer the no flags in warhawks for CTF (I didn't even know you could allow that). It reminded me of playing halo with some friends years ago and I was the first person to learn you could ride a ghost with the flag (the game was new and I guess nobody else even thought to try it). I was unstoppable for the next two games till everyone else caught on.

[quote name='fuss']If you are still new to the game hop on the rookie servers - I think they are the green ones. But they should all be filled with n00bs. Or if you want to learn the hard way - hop in an expert server.[/quote]
Or you can add me so I can play on the noob servers with you aihuman_jpn

I always seem to forget how much fun Warhawk is to play until I eventually get some free time to join in on a CAG game :shock:

Didn't feel like talking so I was basically silent the whole time. Though the highlight of those games for me was during the first CTF when SuperKing had just stolen our flag, jumped off the cliff....and into my tank shot :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Well... (if what I think happened in that CTF happened...) you guys deserved it after that Dogfight...[/QUOTE]

But there were three of you, against us two... we were lucky to have won that round (/sarcasm) o_O

[quote name='freakyzeeky']But there were three of you, against us two... we were lucky to have won that round (/sarcasm) o_O[/quote]

:evil:
:censored:

[quote name='mguiddy']:evil:
:censored:[/quote]
+1

:bomb: that last dogfight, the pain we inflicted on that final CTF made up for it

A good Warhawk night all around

[quote name='freakyzeeky']But there were three of you, against us two... we were lucky to have won that round (/sarcasm) o_O[/quote]

It can't have been as bad as the collection game on the bridge where I think I was killed more by my own team than the opposing team.:cry:

[quote name='ThreeRandomWords']It can't have been as bad as the collection game on the bridge where I think I was killed more by my own team than the opposing team.:cry:[/quote]
:shock:
:whistle2:\"
8-[
I only did it twice...

I seemed to be having a teamkill festival last night... what with teamkilling aihuman when he had the flag during the CTF in the village.:lol: I made up for it though. ;)

I got this game for Christmas but haven't had a chance to play yet. I'll get some practice rounds in this week and then hopefully play with you guys on Saturday.

We did pretty well in that last CTF despite loosing. Still that last dogfight was a complete surprise to me. I didn't realize it was 2 on 3 until around the middle of it.

I will have to see if ther is a LAKERS game that night, if there is no LAKERS game then I will be there. And just to post it one more time --
LAKERS

:applause::applause:

[quote name='fuss']I will have to see if ther is a LAKERS game that night, if there is no LAKERS game then I will be there. And just to post it one more time --
LAKERS

:applause::applause:[/quote]
So... I heard you like the Bulls...:cool:

[quote name='zenprime']I might be there. After all this friday is the beginning of the end of BSG.[/quote]
:whee:
Good thing I know how to timeshift. :cool::lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']:whee:
Good thing I know how to timeshift. :cool::lol:[/quote] Make sure you set your DVR to go a bit over. I heard the episode is about 4 minutes over the hour mark. I need to set mine, and figure out when Sci-fiHD will broadcast it since it isn't the same time zone as regular sci-fi on my cable. Hopefully, I'll be able to go from frak to frag on friday.

I'm going to try and get more shanking kills this Saturday, gotta remember to buy myself a PSN card :bomb: I enjoy Warhawk so much but don't even have the boosters yet...

[quote name='fuss']I will have to see if ther is a LAKERS game that night, if there is no LAKERS game then I will be there. And just to post it one more time --
LAKERS

:applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Nope. They're taking the day off to recover from their loss to the SPURS.

Couldn't resist, probly won't make it Friday.

bread's done
Back