CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

I've never played with CAG dudes before.... question: is joining with a split-screen buddy allowed? I might be able to hop in tonight, but I'll have people over too.

Oh, p.s.: Can I join the clan too? Do I need to do anything special other than play at the scheduled times?

[quote name='mkernan']I've never played with CAG dudes before.... question: is joining with a split-screen buddy allowed? I might be able to hop in tonight, but I'll have people over too.[/QUOTE]I don't mind. I always welcome people to bring guests. :)

Here's the current Map rotation. If you have complaints, let me know:
  • Eucadia (DM)
  • Destroyed Capital (TDM Dogfight)
  • The Badlands (Collection)
  • Archipelado (Hero)
  • Island Outpost (CTF)
  • Destroyed Capital (Zones)
  • Tau Crater (CTF)
  • Vaporfield Glacier (Collection), in-case people want those trophies with the APC
  • Omega Factory (TDM), in-case people want those trophies with the dropship
  • Tau Crater (DM)

Boosters are enabled after map 6. I tried to do a little of everything.

[quote name='joshr915']is this the rotation only for tonight or tomorrow as well? i need both of those trophies still.[/QUOTE]That's my rotation for tonight. Tomorrow MIGHT not have boosters. I have them for maps 7-10.

For Thursday next week (on my birthday), expect a VERY similar rotation, but different maps).

I'll try to play today. I just bought warhawk a few days ago, though be warned, I SUCK at this game as I haven't had much time to play it. It feels weird to loose the twitch of Unreal Tournament 3 or the slow paced timing of Team Fortress 2

That's fine. We aren't serious at Warhawk. It's all about having fun. :D

Btw, there is talks going on about about Warhawk clan match between GAF for the trophy, but it will only be for fun and games. It's just a matter of us decided how large of a server should we have hosted, whether it be 20 or 24.

[quote name='smiggity']Unfortunately not. However, the GGL tourney did not turn out too well so I would say most of us are done with competitive Warhawk gaming.
I would be down, though.[/quote]
For us, it was a tourney to end all tourneys. No one who was there will soom forget the horror of seeing their tanks come rolling into our base. Nor forget the frustration of watching them commandeer our own tanks and keep you from getting to any decent weapons, leaving you to try to fend off a legion of tanks with a pop gun and a couple of grenades. The GGL tourney gave new meaning to the words "T is for tank, T is for terror."

Last edited by a moderator:
strandedbrit.gif

Freeking sweet dude!

[quote name='Paco']I'll try to play today. I just bought warhawk a few days ago, though be warned, I SUCK at this game as I haven't had much time to play it. It feels weird to loose the twitch of Unreal Tournament 3 or the slow paced timing of Team Fortress 2[/quote]

Warhawk is it's own kind of twitch. That said, press Triangle to go from hover to flight in a WH and load up on the chaff!

Guess I'll be there for the first 6 maps today and thanks to metaly for my new Sig image, I would have laughed if mine said "human shield" :lol:.

[quote name='mkernan']I've never played with CAG dudes before.... question: is joining with a split-screen buddy allowed? I might be able to hop in tonight, but I'll have people over too.[/quote]

It's encouraged! The more the merrier as long as there are enough slots open. I think you can even play 4x split screen.

I don't have the booster packs yet so I'll be there for the first six matches. This will be the third time I've played this game so you veterans out there, go easy on me. :)

psn: tenchi33

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Just downloaded now, came out to ~172MB. Very quick download though.[/quote]

Huh, oh well. Good thing the PSN seems to have gotten a lot better at downloading over the past year

had some fun battles tonight, that ahole who i almost killed before he popped a mine in my face in the warhawks, props. the entire time i was like, PULL UPPPPPPPPPPPPP. boom.

and i would love to join the clan TMK, i do have a bluetooth but would rather not blast you all with my low voice.

and lol AI, the first time i rode the tank with you, it was awesome. you TKing me cuz i didn't know where the flag was supposed to go was forgiveable. however, i hitched a ride with you on the zones map and you bailed out on the tank and i didn't realize it. freeky made short work of me in his tank when that happened hahahaha. at least you waited for me, which made me

Sucks that I only got to play 1.5 matches before being kicked for not having the first two booster packs. I do have the newest one, which makes it more of a kick to the balls. :whistle2:(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sucks that I only got to play 1.5 matches before being kicked for not having the first two booster packs. I do have the newest one, which makes it more of a kick to the balls. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]We are playing the last map now, which is the newer booster.

Ugh, I'm having problems with my PS3 for some reason so I can't join.. I keep getting signed out of PSN.. DNS error 80710102... Not sure what's going on as I didn't change any of my network/wireless settings..

Awesome games tonight, I cleaned up and went from 28% on trophies to 42%. I splattered two people in jetpacks with the warhawk on the deathmatch game :). I heard somebody on the mic that was totally confused on what happened. And TMK the PS3 can last the 4 hours man. Don't trip. One last thing, whats the friendly fire settings because I see way more teamkills here than official servers.

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Awesome games tonight, I cleaned up and went from 28% on trophies to 42%. I splattered two people in jetpacks with the warhawk on the deathmatch game :). I heard somebody on the mic that was totally confused on what happened. And TMK the PS3 can last the 4 hours man. Don't trip. One last thing, whats the friendly fire settings because I see way more teamkills here than official servers.[/QUOTE]Hehe, that's why I tried to vary the maps so you can get more trophies.

[quote name='Sinistar']Ugh, I'm having problems with my PS3 for some reason so I can't join.. I keep getting signed out of PSN.. DNS error 80710102... Not sure what's going on as I didn't change any of my network/wireless settings..[/QUOTE]It happens. Check your router, that may be the problem.

[quote name='forgrim']had some fun battles tonight, that ahole who i almost killed before he popped a mine in my face in the warhawks, props. the entire time i was like, PULL UPPPPPPPPPPPPP. boom.

and i would love to join the clan TMK, i do have a bluetooth but would rather not blast you all with my low voice.

and lol AI, the first time i rode the tank with you, it was awesome. you TKing me cuz i didn't know where the flag was supposed to go was forgiveable. however, i hitched a ride with you on the zones map and you bailed out on the tank and i didn't realize it. freeky made short work of me in his tank when that happened hahahaha. at least you waited for me, which made me

I think I may need some tips on getting the "World Victory" trophy, seems like everyone else has it but me haha. I tried getting it twice now, capturing all zones and reducing the opponent's base, but never got it somehow. Must be doing something wrong.

[quote name='forgrim']had some fun battles tonight, that ahole who i almost killed before he popped a mine in my face in the warhawks, props. the entire time i was like, PULL UPPPPPPPPPPPPP. boom.

Ugh finally got my PS3 sorta working online and you guys are all off LOL.. I just rebooted my router and PS3 and it seemed to have fixed it for now..
I'm gonna go play some PC TF2 for a bit instead.

Great games tonight. It was a lot of fun playing on the full server, seemed like there was rarely a quiet moment. And man... Cthulhu "earned" me the Green Line trophy. There should be a separate tin trophy category or something for trophies of shame. :cold:

I'm thinking I'm going to have a few non booster rounds today... like 3, then the rest be booster games. I'm going to add a few from each booster so people can get trophies if they can manage (we... well I tried a couple of times to get the "Flying Fortress" one but the other team wasn't cooperating).

If anyone wants to see any specific maps/layouts/etc let me know.

[quote name='metaly']Close Corridors Hero with jetpacks was madness. In a good way.[/quote]
If that was a request, consider it denied...
I'm not doing small map jetpacks (I may do a small map CTF with Jetpacks, just to try it). To me it defeats the purpose of small maps, since they allow people to spread out.

[quote name='mguiddy'](we... well I tried a couple of times to get the "Flying Fortress" one but the other team wasn't cooperating).[/quote]
Well I tried to get the "Behind enemy lines" one, no one cooperated with that either. I do hope there will be another chance to get these trophies next week, I think they may be harder to get on the public servers.

The clan list has been updated:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3456962&postcount=2

Those who asked me about joining the clan were invited. I'm not so picky now about adding people like I use to (I at least have to see you show up at least 1-2 times and some commitment) because I can cancel pending invites if they never been accepted and I WILL remove inactive players (especially if it has been around 4-5 months not playing).

PLEASE, also check that post to see the boosters list. IF you have any sort of booster and your information isn't correct or you need to be added as a booster player, PLEASE post in this thread..

[quote name='metaly']Great games tonight. It was a lot of fun playing on the full server, seemed like there was rarely a quiet moment. And man... Cthulhu "earned" me the Green Line trophy. There should be a separate tin trophy category or something for trophies of shame. :cold:[/quote]

Not sure what Green Line is, but I'm guessing the binocs are involved ;)

It was a slaughter last night. I was killed in so many interesting ways I couldn't believe it, and usually while using the jetpack. It sure makes it fun though!

I earned a few more trophies, unfortunately I think most were in the shame category too :oops:

Hiya gang! Looks like I'll be joining you on Thursday for TMK's B-day. I'm still a Warhawk newb, but I'll try not to suck too much!;)

Also, I just picked up the 3-pack of all the boosters yesterday and I'm very anxious to try some of the new stuff out.

Anyway, see ya Thursday!

[quote name='metaly']That's cold, dude. :cold:[/quote]
No sleep and a migraine kills my people skills... and I don't have much to begin with.

[quote name='wjr2891']Well I tried to get the "Behind enemy lines" one, no one cooperated with that either. I do hope there will be another chance to get these trophies next week, I think they may be harder to get on the public servers.[/quote]

If people want I can start a Trophy Boosting server this weekend.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Not sure what Green Line is, but I'm guessing the binocs are involved ;)

It was a slaughter last night. I was killed in so many interesting ways I couldn't believe it, and usually while using the jetpack. It sure makes it fun though!

I earned a few more trophies, unfortunately I think most were in the shame category too :oops:[/quote]
Green line == Getting killed by binocs while in a plane.

I got the 'Hit List' trophy last night, and I also got 'Behind Enemy Lines' trophy thanks to mguiddy having his APC in the other team's base and me spawning there. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I got the 'Hit List' trophy last night, and I also got 'Behind Enemy Lines' trophy thanks to mguiddy having his APC in the other team's base and me spawning there. ;)[/quote]
I didn't know both people get that... :lol: That's pretty neat.

I have a question about the jetpack and missiles locking on you when you are flying it. My understanding is that you can boost dodge them since there is no chaff weaspon like in the Warhawk? How can you tell what direction the missile is coming from and when to dodge? lol flying the packs are fun, but that's always annooying. :p

[quote name='Sinistar']I have a question about the jetpack and missiles locking on you when you are flying it. My understanding is that you can boost dodge them since there is no chaff weaspon like in the Warhawk? How can you tell what direction the missile is coming from and when to dodge? lol flying the packs are fun, but that's always annooying. :p[/quote]
I don't think it matters which direction you boost. Sure, there's a slight chance you'll boost into it after it breaks lock, but that'd be pretty rare I'd guess.

[quote name='HuBu']whose making those cag warhawk sig?[/quote]
metaly, but they're for "vets" of the GGL tourny.

[quote name='HuBu']whose making those cag warhawk sig?[/quote]

[quote name='mguiddy']metaly, but they're for "vets" of the GGL tourny.[/quote]

Maybe I'll do some generic ones, like knives 'nives 'n 'nades and "killed 1000 times by zenprime's TOW missiles" or something. But yeah, the GGL ones are a limited edition deal. :cool:

bread's done
Back